Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alec Eiffel posted:

The important thing to remember is that not a single person posting in this thread should be hindered by whatever so-called input lag exists because no one here is good enough at video games for it to matter.

Same with framerate drops. Just shut up and have fun.

That's why the N64 is the best system, everything runs at 5 FPS giving a gamer like me the chance to keep up with the action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Nintendo hasn't shipped my N64 controller yet. It shows as picked, but i'm not sure what that means.

nintendo has picked out your order and its being prepared for shipping

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

personally i think if something has flaws you should point out those flaws and let people come to their own decisions about how much it matters, now if youll excuse me i am going to get shot by 17 trained nintendo snipers

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Augus posted:

lol what are they doing

its apparantly using the same emulator 3d all stars mario 64 used but uhhh yeah. this is funny because for the longest time people wanted an n64 classic so nerd could get a proper working n64 emulator and then a proper accurate one gets done this year and nintendo just release a poo poo one instead.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Alec Eiffel posted:

The important thing to remember is that not a single person posting in this thread should be hindered by whatever so-called input lag exists because no one here is good enough at video games for it to matter.

Same with framerate drops. Just shut up and have fun.

What the hell lol do you work for Nintendo or any major corporation for that matter? I'm a "corpo" as my unemployed friends like to call me and this is extremely weird behavior.

They have shown that corporate logos light up the exact same parts of the brain that religious icons do. Maybe that can help us begin to understand why you're having this reaction

E: trying to find an academic source because unsourced commentary is worse than trash, so far I just found this BBC article promoting a documentary vaguely quoting "neuroscientists": https://www.bbc.com/news/business-13416598

Google scholar had something a little bit more promising but it was from some spiritual journal which is also kind of a waste of time imo.

The point is criticism is cool and good when it comes to consumerism and no poster should take it personally even if your uncle works for Nintendo

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 26, 2021

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Fun Times! posted:

Name another console that graced McDonald's across the world while also letting you print Pokemon pics at Blockbuster. I dare you.

The very first Pokémon promotion I can remember was with KFC and the ads featured a cartoon Colonel who said "poh-KAY-mon".

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Endorph posted:

personally i think if something has flaws you should point out those flaws and let people come to their own decisions about how much it matters, now if youll excuse me i am going to get shot by 17 trained nintendo snipers

people who arent playing and wont hearing thirid hand from the biggest influencer morons vs people playing it and saying its fine

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Unfathomably dweeby poindexters with impossibly dry dicks whom will never touch tiddies or grass: "Get angry at Nintendo. Look if your internet connection is two red solo cups and a string then there's latency issues. This is worse than 12.9 GigaHitlers!!!!"

Me, awash in a sea of hedonistic pleasure: "Haha number of games on my switch go up"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

spending an hour analysing vairous twitter videos from the worst people to ever exist in the history of the planet, while the enlightened gamer i s in the deku tree already having a ball

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Your posts give me strong early 2000s gamefaqs vibes, pretty cool gimmick

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I replayed Paper Mario 64 like 5 years ago and it was great and I might replay it once again when it's added. In theory I could go dig my Wii U out of a box but lol could you imagine

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Zurtilik posted:

Admittedly I'm an idiot casual and probably wouldn't notice most of these issues, but we also can acknowledge some of this poo poo sucks?

Why we gotta be the this way, Nintendo thread?

Seriously. I looked at those three screen shots of OoT and thought "oh wow, they got rid of the annoying fog to hide the inability to render poo poo in the distance, and the edges look more crisp!" because I'm a loving idiot and maybe don't care that much.

Like I have no idea why this is so hard. I also can't ever get N64 games to emulate properly in the first place, so it just running at the same frame rate as the old games is enough of a win for me

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stux posted:

people who arent playing and wont hearing thirid hand from the biggest influencer morons vs people playing it and saying its fine
nah i played it and i noticed the input lag in a couple places even before i looked it up online

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I replayed Paper Mario 64 like 5 years ago and it was great and I might replay it once again when it's added. In theory I could go dig my Wii U out of a box but lol could you imagine

Why did you ever disconnect your Wii U. Shameful.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Has anyone torn apart the new N64 controllers to look at the stick assembly yet? Very interested since it’s so hard to get right

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Setting up my video gaming hot takes command center to analyze every pixel of Mario 64 so I can further fill the completely useless and meaningless content chasm of twitter with even more analysis of the most trivial poo poo under the sun as the world dies.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
But for real though the way people react here to reports of input lag is really telling. Maybe take your own advice and have fun with your new games and don't worry about whether others are complaining? :)

hatty posted:

Has anyone torn apart the new N64 controllers to look at the stick assembly yet? Very interested since it’s so hard to get right

Supposedly uses the exact same mechanism but I refuse to believe this. Nintendo is not that incompetent are they?? The one report I saw did not open it up/break it down they just went by look/feel

If so do you guys realize this means they are producing two controllers with known defects in their joystick? Honestly on a corpodrone level it's a huge achievement to be able to get away with something like this

Go Nintendo!

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 26, 2021

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Woohoo got an N64 controller finally!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

Setting up my video gaming hot takes command center to analyze every pixel of Mario 64 so I can further fill the completely useless and meaningless content chasm of twitter with even more analysis of the most trivial poo poo under the sun as the world dies.
thanks, guy with 71 pages of posts in the 'lol itt every time you remember trump is president' thread

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
i do find it a bit silly how people get excited for what is essentially rom packs - its nothing you haven't seen before but hey people have their favourites and it'd be double standards given how excited I am for the GTA remasters

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

KingSlime posted:

But for real though the way people react here to reports of input lag is really telling. Maybe take your own advice and have fun with your new games and don't worry about whether others are complaining? :)

There is a time for playing games (home) and a time for making fun of people who take playing games seriously (taking a poo poo at work).

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Endorph posted:

thanks, guy with 71 pages of posts in the 'lol itt every time you remember trump is president' thread

Get more mad at video games you weird little freak

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

even if the issues are minor i feel like it's a pretty valid criticism to have, especially of a company that is so litigious of any preservation efforts. if you're gonna charge me 50 bucks every year and do your best from keeping me playing the games any other ways i think it's pretty fair to criticize graphical glitches and input lag and shoddy multiplayer.

im still planning on buying the animal crossing dlc and all the new pokemons and rune factory 5 and have both a switch and a switch lite so this isn't from some "i wasn't going to buy this anyway" perspective. i am pretty deep in nintendos pockets, i give nintendo a lot of my money , and im pretty happy even with games most people criticize (pokemon swsh, dark souls on switch, etc.).
it just seems like kind of a half baked implementation for the price point and it's killed any excitement i had about playing n64 games in bed

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I do not recommend pooping while angry no 1 anime hater, it's not good for you or your butthole

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Get more mad at video games you weird little freak
I played a video game and felt the controls were slightly off and posted as such in this thread. idk what youre on about

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Endorph posted:

nah i played it and i noticed the input lag in a couple places even before i looked it up online

sounds like a personal problem

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Endorph posted:

I played a video game and felt the controls were slightly off and posted as such in this thread. idk what youre on about

Neutral observations aren't acceptable in a PRO Nintendo thread dude, smfh

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Ah stux you never followed up with me on the supposed reports of PS5 controller drift? I did some googling but didn't find much

E: Wait I think I found a Kotaku article on it!

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

There is a time for playing games (home) and a time for making fun of people who take playing games seriously (taking a poo poo at work).

i'm taking a poo poo rn and what do i find in the toilet? the nintendo 64

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

hatty posted:

https://twitter.com/signakong/status/1452926147453341698

Immediately obvious is that it uses a 4-wire connector rather than the 6-wire on original N64 controllers, so it's not a 1:1 clone

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

KingSlime posted:

Ah stux you never followed up with me on the supposed reports of PS5 controller drift? I did some googling but didn't find much

E: Wait I think I found a Kotaku article on it!

insanely easy to google so it would appear you lack hands, brain, eyes etc

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Some of us truly have no other way, currently, to emulate N64 games, so this whole "you're excited about roms! Lol!" bullshit is just that.

Right now, if I want to play (some) N64 games, I'd have to boot up my modded Wii, and let me tell you, the unofficial emulation there is atrocious. loving Mario Tennis can barely run, and there's invisible poo poo everywhere. I'm glad it's now available on the Switch, despite the button weirdness. I'm looking forward to playing more games. Is the emulation perfect? No, but it's better than what I've got otherwise.

And if you have a pc that's giving you crisp and perfect N64 emulation, congrats! You don't need this service then, obviously.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mister Facetious posted:

Neutral observations aren't acceptable in a PRO Nintendo thread dude, smfh

I agree. That guy making fun of twitter dweebs overanalyzing poo poo should really stop calling out people he wasn't talking to who weren't doing the thing he was talking about.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Foul Fowl posted:

Rude

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Stux posted:

insanely easy to google so it would appear you lack hands, brain, eyes etc

Nah, seems like mostly unvetted unreliable sources and I don't know a single person with a broken PS5 controller so I'm not worried about it tbh. Just wanted to see what your source was specifically

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

everythingWasBees posted:

even if the issues are minor i feel like it's a pretty valid criticism to have, especially of a company that is so litigious of any preservation efforts. if you're gonna charge me 50 bucks every year and do your best from keeping me playing the games any other ways i think it's pretty fair to criticize graphical glitches and input lag and shoddy multiplayer.

im still planning on buying the animal crossing dlc and all the new pokemons and rune factory 5 and have both a switch and a switch lite so this isn't from some "i wasn't going to buy this anyway" perspective. i am pretty deep in nintendos pockets, i give nintendo a lot of my money , and im pretty happy even with games most people criticize (pokemon swsh, dark souls on switch, etc.).
it just seems like kind of a half baked implementation for the price point and it's killed any excitement i had about playing n64 games in bed

lying in bed in tears becuase the speedrunner said theres 0.5 frames of lag on mario

KingSlime posted:

Nah, seems like mostly unvetted unreliable sources and I don't know a single person with a broken PS5 controller so I'm not worried about it tbh. Just wanted to see what your source was specifically

so its just lack of a brain, i see

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
ifixit is pretty reliable from my experience, when they aren’t shilling their tools at least

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Foul Fowl posted:

That's the wrong way to dispose of an old Nintendo 64, even if it is obsolete now that the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack allows you to play classic Nintendo 64 games on your Nintendo Switch.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

reality: an industry wide problem with the sticks being used in modern pads

switch thread brain genius: Its Fake NEws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Stux posted:

so its just lack of a brain, i see

I'm still posting here so yep. Anyways be careful with the info you get from the internet! There's a lot of half-truths and misinformation out there especially on the first page of Google search results

Thanks! Yeah I think they have a pretty good track record, definitely digging into this article in my next break

If Sony is producing detective hardware we should not defend them blindly. That would be really dumb huh guys

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 26, 2021