Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

waiting warmly for the khaenrian magitek archon who has a giant mecha instead of an element

Same. I think one of the nations has straight up cyborgs or something magitek like that so we're probably going to get them with that if it happens. What we know of Khaen'riah is less Final Fantasy Imperial-esque magitek and more seems to be biopunk gone wrong via hosed up alchemy and messing with higher principles of the setting.

Redmark posted:

Do we think Mihoyo even knows the answer? If it was me making this game I would definitely make poo poo up as I go along but I've never played Honkai so I don't know what their tendencies are like.

One thing i'll say for Mihoyo is that they plan stuff years in advance.

It's pretty obvious at this point given the manga, stuff like PHO, and the various lore tidbits that people can outright predict the outcome of with the right knowledge that they've got some sort of design doc not just for the games but also the story as well.

We knew about some of the stuff regarding Khaen'riah way ahead of time by putting two and two together with different parts of the lore. And a lot of gameplay elements are integrated into the lore either through direct references to the lore or possibilities they're probably going to reveal down the line. So yeah, it seems weird that they wouldn't plan things out.

Araganzar posted:

Did they ever even explain WTF Aloy is doing here presumably letting her own planet go completely to poo poo or is it just 'hey here is another set of character frame fighter data to load into one of the Traveler's four bio-cognitive memory slots'?

Traditionally, in Honkai Impact 3, AU characters had their events take place in an alternate universe or were non canon/quietly shoved off screen with no mention after the licensed crossover was done. That being said, with Genshin with the possibility of the traveler being some part of Project ARK from Fire Moth it's possible that they're going with something else.

If they have to they'll probably just say that AU stuff like Alloy is non canon if it belongs to another property (Or is off screen.) or they'll lean on the fact that Project ARK is a literal database of every possible thing on Earth if they want to tie this into Honkai (and to be fair, it seems like they could. That thing about the travelers traveling for millions of years would fit with the twin probes that the last remnants of old Earth sent out. Some nerd programming his favorite game's main character into the database before launch would be hilarious too.). taking a closer look at her constellations it implies we haven't gotten the full content for her yet, so maybe there will be a proper story event sometime in the future.

QuantaStarFire posted:

I doubt the Traveler has the strength to coerce any of the archons to do anything considering they got clowned on by that nameless god at the start of the game when they were at their peak.

Also, because the traveler is trying to not piss off the locals more than they need too, i'd imagine. A lot of the filler to pad out Inazuma is due to the traveler not wanting to get involved, some people insisting, and then them making them do various errands as a way of persuading them. :shrug:

FWIW though in Honkai and the prequel game/s (If you count the DLC episodes as their own game.) the Unknown Goddess correlates to one of the strongest beings in the setting barring the Honkai Emperor/entity, full stop. The canon bad ending of the first game where she slaughters the planet and turns it into something that wouldn't look out of place in DOOM Eternal is the result of her getting possessed, going apeshit, backstabbing her comrades, murdering them, and stealing the powers of multiple Herrsher's to basically ascend as a triatic goddess or something like that. So I wouldn't judge the Archons and their strength off of the unknown goddess.

Also, keep in mind that the Archons in Genshin directly correlate to other Herrshers that weren't as strong in Impact 3 at the time they correlated. Raiden Ei is obviously Raiden Mei only with more baggage and less competency in a fight and in management due to her skillset and personality being reversed (She can't cook either, which is something that Mei is fantastic at.), Venti is a genderbent Wendy if Wendy didn't get driven insane and murdered at the end of the first arc, Zhongli is a mix of the Herrsher of Earth's powers and appearance combined with Fu Hua's tired immortality, etc, etc. Each of them got taken down by people that weren't Herrshers or had Herrsher level abilities. And absorbing their powers like the traveler is doing ought to buff the gently caress out of them if the setting's "laws" work the same way as Honkai's do.

As a side note, if the Siblings really are related to Project Ark they're the next best thing to un-killable in probably the entirety of all of the games. Project Ark was implied to be able to create matter ex nihilo somehow, since it was described as a "genetic library meant to rebuild the species on a world away from the Honkai". Meaning even if something killed one of the twins it's entirely possible that they'd just get reincarnated. Either with new twins if they aren't the Ark themselves, or at a spot that was heavy in Honkai energy/at the statues covered in gnosis "dust".

Related to the Ark thing, they are also possibly technically a Herrsher level being* since the Ark was made using bits and bobs from a Herrsher that could create matter from nothing using Honkai energy via a weaponized Herrsher core that got repurposed to a constructive use. And the Archons and Delusion users seem to literally be getting their power off of the local equivalent to Honkai energy (The Electro Cicins even have the corruption lines and corpse-like pallor from over using it.). So good loving luck getting rid of them if that's the case. Even if all the characters on the planet get massacred they could just reboot the species/recreate everyone if they had their powers. :shrug:

Weirdly enough, Teyvat also translates to Ark too. And there's an entirely different twinned set of lights that are part of the process of getting characters. And the lore directly correlates to another set of entities from what we know. Which makes me wonder if the playable twins didn't just barge into another universe or something that already refounded humanity or decided to avoid the Honkai threat by just keeping everyone in a state of low tech stasis barring a few privileged areas. Though who knows what's up with that at this point. They've hinted at a few possible outcomes.

* Meaning they can jack Herrsher powers from other Herrshers and get a massive boost. Also weirdly enough, Lumine's name fits in with the goetic and gnostic naming scheme of the Archon's as well. She correlates to light, and Paimon is the name of a goetic demon that serves Lucifer. Lumine would also coincide with the gnostic themes of the setting as well. It would make her Sophia, the higher goddess above the demiurge. Which could mean that gnostic hymn cinematic might infer that Teyvat is their Ark.

Edit: Then again, if it isn't a translation issue there's all sorts of weird one off lines that make me wonder if there isn't something weirder going on with Teyvat's inhabitants. The miko in Inazuma asks if you've damaged your "neural circuitry" at one point, there are clearly malfunctioning androids manning every station, etc, etc, etc.

That was way more :words: than I intended when I first started writing this.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I play Genshin to watch Paimon get owned, which she does, constantly

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The one quest where you team up with Paimon to bully the loser npc was the best thing ever they need to do infinity more of that.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

kater posted:

The one quest where you team up with Paimon to bully the loser npc was the best thing ever they need to do infinity more of that.

The cultist dude? That was a rad quest.

Kind of disappointed we never got alternate outfits out of it and the Ayaka quest though.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
No, I think he means Saimon Jirou.

quote:

Paimon: There's no need to dirty your blade, Paimon's will do!
Paimon: It's smaller, so this'll go slower.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 26, 2021

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

"I've never seen a talking animal before"

"Is it so strange? aren't you talking animal?"

Paimon, owned by a cat...

Kale
May 14, 2010

I feel like I did this about as dumb as possible but I got through the first floor of the first dungeon in the new event and then realized I'd used a curative emplacement after reading the BP achievement condition so had to reset the labyrinth. Then I did the first floor again and picked up too many lovely debuffs like 20% damage and Jean can't be healed so I reset again and then just tried to beeline through to the end only this time Ayaka ate it from a barrel and died so I had to do the whole floor 2 without her and then Diluc got blendered by the bosses and Jean died too somehow so it was just Fischl left plinking away at the last remaining 5-10% HP on the both of them hoping it was enough and a last ditch arrow right into the weakpoint to end it.

So that was harrowing but I think I just played dumb and got really really unlucky last night.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I only feel envy that you have Jean as I do not and so I use loving Koko as my healer.

Bennett not being able to full-heal reliably outside of combat just upsets me

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

jokes posted:

I only feel envy that you have Jean as I do not and so I use loving Koko as my healer.

I have c2 Jean and still use Koko because water is such a valuable element to mix with. Also R5 Amber makes her a semi-battery.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Childe and his associates will pay for their crimes in 2029 when we get our first Visionless playable character.

That's right, Frank Castle will be the 3rd crossover character and he's ready to clean this world up just like he did in the old one.

I think Matt Murdock would be a better Visionless Marvel crossover.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

jokes posted:

Jean can't either. Xingqiu can tho.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I have a C1 Jean and use C6 Barbara for wet and laziness :thumbsup:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

healing out of battle is a hydro ability, the sole exception being the solid hydro Qiqi

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

when do they usually announce whos on the banners again

im gonna be rolling on hu tao regardless but im hoping dionas on there

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Within 24 hours because old data of characters is extremely hard to track (hence why reruns are impossible to guess without context of the rest of the patch).

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I feel like for overworld shenanigans I should have a general purpose team that isn’t so heavily built around pyro.

I usually run around with Diluc/Rozaria/Fischl/Koko, since dropping that big ice spear and Diluc’s everything is just really great mixed with the jellyfish, and Diluc is such a strong carry.

I want a claymore, a bow, and an anemo. Ideally I’d have a bow healer, I guess. Maybe I could work with Noelle as my claymore/healer and swap Diluc with an Anemo, then bring Kaeya (who rules) and Xiangling. Wet/Hydro is very useful and powerful though, and I do have a Mona.

Man there are just so many combinations and poo poo to gently caress around with, fuckin love this stupid game

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

gently caress. I dumped 10 fates into Childe's banner because of muscle memory. I was trying to access the BP part of the shortcut wheel menu to clear some of the things from it and the way to do it on console is the same as doing a 10-roll on the Wish menu (R1->Triangle) and the two are right next to each other on the wheel (and selection isn't accurate at all) so while trying to claim whatever BP points I had, I did a 10-roll on the banner instead.

I got a C7 Ning and a bunch of 3* weapons so at least it'll add to the Hu Tao rolls but goddamn it. They need to make the 10-roll a "hold button" thing for real.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Her story 6 basically says she was exploring ruins after beating the final boss of HZD and saving the world and she found a glowing isekai portal

...and the portal leads to an interdimensional traveler's backpack where she's forced to read books until the traveler gets a wish or two, then she's left in the bottom of the backpack for all eternity.

What a horrible fate. At least she got to beat the end boss first.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

She’s actually chucking grenades with a mermaid a ghost buster and a jeweler embracing it’s duty.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Araganzar posted:

...and the portal leads to an interdimensional traveler's backpack where she's forced to read books until the traveler gets a wish or two, then she's left in the bottom of the backpack for all eternity.

What a horrible fate. At least she got to beat the end boss first.
no i dont think every character is in the traveler's backpack, they physically exist and hang out with you.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

But they don’t get your weapons and artifacts. Only the homunculi living in your pocket dimension get to use those

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

jokes posted:

But they don’t get your weapons and artifacts. Only the homunculi living in your pocket dimension get to use those
no those are also real people that you're handing them to, op. i own raiden shogun cause i rolled for her. she hangs out with me now. shes my pal.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Every time you roll a new character, they're uploaded to the Statue of The Seven cloud network to be retrieved when needed.

Why we can't also see Lisa asleep in the library or out having some tea in front of Good Hunter or Amber/Eula anywhere in Mondstadt too is beyond me though.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Endorph posted:

no those are also real people that you're handing them to, op. i own raiden shogun cause i rolled for her. she hangs out with me now. shes my pal.

Lisa is my wife, actually, and I always put her first no matter what. Kaeya, my husband and the most important person in my life, has a hard time dealing with that fact, which makes it difficult since I’m dating Mona who is my #1 priority, which does tend to cause friction with my One and Only Diluc.

Unrelated do tall characters really move and climb faster?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

They do

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Someone posted that on a guide and it seemed apocryphal, is it significant or is it like 2%? It’s hard to find documentation of how poo poo works

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Aether was preferred to Lumine for speedrunning rerolls during launch

now i'm stuck with aether

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Gyoru posted:

Aether was preferred to Lumine for speedrunning rerolls during launch

now i'm stuck with aether

Glad I took my time rerolling to have the Superior Sibling.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

jokes posted:

Someone posted that on a guide and it seemed apocryphal, is it significant or is it like 2%? It’s hard to find documentation of how poo poo works

I couldn't tell you any datamined numbers or anything but it just took me 19 seconds to walk across the Mondstadt bring as Kaeya and about 24 seconds as Diona.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tall characters just have a huge physical advantage over shorties, especially any character that relies on stamina.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Also short characters (Klee, Diona) get thrown by attacks much easier iirc

Archonex
May 2, 2012

No Wave posted:

No, I think he means Saimon Jirou.

Paimon suddenly got metal. How did I miss that line? :stare:

Edit: I'm disappointed that Star Rail isn't the open world version of Genshin they wanted to make. Though, it looks like Star Rail takes place in yet another alternate universe with at least Welt coming in from HI3. So at least there's hope they'll do a proper open world sci-fi game one day.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 26, 2021

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

jokes posted:

Lisa with a 10% speed buff (lost prayer to the sacred winds) is only the tiniest bit slower than Zhong Li when sprinting over a distance.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Seems significant enough to keep an eye out for. Thanks folks,

Tallis > shorts

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this is why if you dont have sayu kaeya is the best movement character, since hes a tall male that has a stamina reduction passive

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I think medium male or female has better swimming speed but otherwise Tall being such a factor for basic stuff like dodge distance is dumb. Short characters should get even a small advantage like recovering from a hit faster since they're lower to the ground.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I wrote Kaeya off for so long but he fuckin rules and this movement speed/stamina nonsense only confirms my decision to make him into a carry

Archonex
May 2, 2012

jokes posted:

I wrote Kaeya off for so long but he fuckin rules and this movement speed/stamina nonsense only confirms my decision to make him into a carry

Is the stam buff he gives that good given how hard he is to fit into certain team comps? I tried testing him with mona and some stam food way back when and I didn't notice that much of a difference.

Also Childe is in Star Rail and he's uh...

Not exactly himself.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

saimon jirou has a hosed up life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Tae posted:

Short characters should get even a small advantage like recovering from a hit faster since they're lower to the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZosPKrtAem8