Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

Kingo was the (finger guns) shooter on the grassy knoll

ediitng kingo into historical assassinations...... JFK, archduke ferdinand, lincoln, caesar..... many possibilities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

oh yeah you’re right. sorry it’s been years since I read the series. was it that the enemy at the end could detect the no-ship everyone was in and that’s what made them potentially an existential threat? or maybe even that didn’t matter after the scattering

its also been forever since i read them but my read was that the golden path was successful, but that even paul/alia/leto ii's prescience extended only so far and so humanity's survival was not assured, but the prescience-immune would have the best shot against the enemy

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Brian Tyree Henry is so good in Atlanta, honestly like one of the funniest comedic straightmen I've ever seen, and it truly pains me to see him keep getting put in mainstream crap like this lol

who would seriously turn down disney/marvel money though

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Serf posted:

its also been forever since i read them but my read was that the golden path was successful, but that even paul/alia/leto ii's prescience extended only so far and so humanity's survival was not assured, but the prescience-immune would have the best shot against the enemy

ah, got it. yeah that makes a lot of sense if the golden path wasn't assured survival

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Dreylad posted:

who would seriously turn down disney/marvel money though

oh by all means, secure that bag. If I got offered a role in "Ant-Man 3: Termite Trouble" as "Guy with a tiny dick who shits himself", even if I was only making half of what he's getting to be in Eternals or Godzilla Vs Kong, it would be worth it just knowing you'd get residuals on it for the rest of your life.

But that being said, if you only know Brian Tyree Henry from his work in movies with budgets above $100 million, please check out "Atlanta" to see him do real acting!

Serf
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/vashikoo/status/1452419678639300608

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

i think it's steven erikson who writes on a palm pc or something ridiculous like that

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

based

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I respect the dedication to never learning another piece of software after finding one that works for what you need

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

v. rad

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
reading about Dune on the wiki, so the clairvoyant immortal space worm emperor died cause he fell off a bridge

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

indigi posted:

reading about Dune on the wiki, so the clairvoyant immortal space worm emperor died cause he fell off a bridge

because he got too horny, yeah

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

indigi posted:

Serf
May 5, 2011

indigi posted:

he arranged things so that it would happen, yeah. all part of the plan

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

lmfao

https://twitter.com/OculusImperia/status/1453066875399806977?s=20

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
they made a black guy responsible for dropping bombs on japan?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

I respect the dedication to never learning another piece of software after finding one that works for what you need

counterpoint, george rr martin famously uses wordstar 7 to not write winds of winter

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

intersectional woke mass murder

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

That explains why there's only about 30 pages of character development in the whole movie
:smug:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

fuckin owned

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
i just finished a blind watch of the first 15 seasons of stargate sg-1+atlantis and folks, its better than anything else on tv before or since

at the time it came out i was thinking i don't want more episodic stuff of a bunch of people working together with some light hearted action comedy. i want grim and dark storylines that pay off after several seasons! I was wrong. tv was better back then. we have to go back

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

And people say the quips in Marvel films detract from the experience.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

people just can't get enough dune!

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
dune 2 is... not happening

Serf
May 5, 2011

i'm seriously considering driving my rear end all the way to savannah to see dune in imax because the theater here put it on their smallest screen and the viewing experience was kinda poo poo

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

mastershakeman posted:

i just finished a blind watch of the first 15 seasons of stargate sg-1+atlantis and folks, its better than anything else on tv before or since

at the time it came out i was thinking i don't want more episodic stuff of a bunch of people working together with some light hearted action comedy. i want grim and dark storylines that pay off after several seasons! I was wrong. tv was better back then. we have to go back

If you haven't watched Leverage then consider it - it's an incredibly comfortable watch and matches your needs to the letter

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

drat i miss wordperfect

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

good

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

DoombatINC posted:

If you haven't watched Leverage then consider it - it's an incredibly comfortable watch and matches your needs to the letter

hm, ill check it out, thanks

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Judakel posted:

dune 2 is... not happening

it was just announced earlier today, october 2023 release

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

it was just announced earlier today, october 2023 release

yeah ok. we will see with WB

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i need to rewatch dune on my phone (using the phone speakers) so i can assess it unclouded from how it looks and sounds

https://twitter.com/JohnMagary/status/1452804690756911108

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1453069913980014598

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
watching lawrence of arabia for the plot, not what it looks and sounds like

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

dune 2 gets greenlit but wanda group is brought down by an economic crisis

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

if only there were a means of appreciating dune without visuals or sound perhaps in a paper form that relies on the use of literacy and imagination to simulate a comparable experience in the brain without the usage of external sensory input

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES

Mantis42 posted:

And people say the quips in Marvel films detract from the experience.

hiroshima 1945... the dust settles... phastos turns his head left and right, surveying ground zero before quipping "well that was awkward"

written by joss whedon

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
more like fatos

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Pyrus Malus posted:

hiroshima 1945... the dust settles... phastos turns his head left and right, surveying ground zero before quipping "well that was awkward"

written by joss whedon

kingo arrives and starts bickering with phastos, after which sersi appears, looks around and smirkingly asks "alright so which one of you is little boy and which one's fat man?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Dune Fast Dune Furious

We need a Paul Walker Ghola