Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

American McGay posted:

For you it was the biggest "I TOLD You So!" day in gaming news with Housemarque adding resume feature to Returnal some 6 months later and Nintendo's overly expensive online service being crappy emulated versions w/ bad graphics that can't save properly.

For me, it was Tuesday.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Frenz posted:

Nintendo is using Ultra HLE from Zophar’s Domain downloaded with the archive.org wayback machine

nothing they could do

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Frenz posted:

Nintendo is using Ultra HLE from Zophar’s Domain downloaded with the archive.org wayback machine

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
id rather emulate at computer

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Fucker posted:

id rather emulate at computer

Fucker!!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
everyone bitching about N64/Genesis, missing the highest quality emulation of the week

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/abarenbo-tengu-and-zombie-nation-switch/

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003

Tato posted:

everyone bitching about N64/Genesis, missing the highest quality emulation of the week

lol cool

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Tato posted:

excitengu

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tato posted:

this isn't cool as its destroying value created by hardworking game collectors and weta TM videogame ratings, the ONLY videogame value guide used by southbys and lloyds of london

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tato posted:

Ok but how long do I microwave it.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
you cant even emulate a controller pak. come on nintendo

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It seems like the N64 emulator quality is poor, but if they improve it I will reconsider subscribing. Such is my loyalty to Nintendo.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Actually it's good. The only thing poor here is you, for not giving Nintendo your $4 per month to play Mario Kart 64.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ive already logged eight hours into n64 and two into genesis and i only have one gold medal in sf64. think they earned their fuckin 2.50 for the expac this month

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Honestly the price isn't as bad as people have been complaining about. It's $10 cheaper than a year of PS Plus and you get an epic selection of classic Nintendo and Genesis games

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Nostradingus posted:

Honestly the price isn't as bad as people have been complaining about. It's $10 cheaper than a year of PS Plus and you get an epic selection of classic Nintendo and Genesis games

exactly. also its not like youre not gonna own switch online, so its only 30 more per year. if you do anything with the animal corssing stuff or beat more than one game on 64 in the next year its fine. people getting up in arms over small poo poo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the emulation quality is pretty bad though and they should fix that

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Nostradingus posted:

Preaching to the choir my man. Wintendo.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Fungah! posted:

the emulation quality is pretty bad though and they should fix that

i think it's just oot and sm64 that are bad, all the rest work really well

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Is the oot actually bad or is it like "the tree is rendered using different sub pixel spacing, the game is UNPLAYABLE"

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

heehee posted:

yeah, sf64 runs great in 1p. they really just need to fix ocarina and get ghost data in mario kart

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mbt posted:

Is the oot actually bad or is it like "the tree is rendered using different sub pixel spacing, the game is UNPLAYABLE"

mostly this but theres some poo poo that looks real bad. like you cn see the top of the deku tree and they were clearly not wanting people to do that, its a super pixelated green blob lol. there is some cool stuff like getting to see all the way across hyrule field though

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

heehee posted:

Yoshi's Story seems to be off as well but it's never played well with emulators, and also, you know, it's Yoshi's Story

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

on wii u those roms would cost me like $15 apiece and theyd all be really dim and washed out for some reason. im honestly making out like a bandit

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The oot port’s not terrible but there’s more input lag that you may or may not notice and the fog is broken which makes some areas look a lot worse than they used to. some textures are broken too

basically every other game seems fine except for OoT for some reason lol

Augus fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Oct 27, 2021

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Fungah! posted:

mostly this but theres some poo poo that looks real bad. like you cn see the top of the deku tree and they were clearly not wanting people to do that, its a super pixelated green blob lol. there is some cool stuff like getting to see all the way across hyrule field though
Oh poo poo! Refund requested. gently caress Nintendo.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

mbt posted:

fog is weirdly hosed up, like inverse of what if should be. the real problem is input lag is awful, but if you've played old console games on an hdtv without an upscaler it's not any worse than that. weird that it's only like that for 2 (or 3? yoshis story maybe too) of the games though

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The Genesis emulation is better than the lovely pack Sega put out, but obviously not as good as individual M2 Sega Ages games.

Of all the emulator frontends, I think Nintendo's rewind feature is one of the easiest, so I like playing games available with Switch Online. The most bizarre rewind feature is in the Namco NES Collections, where it jumps back an arbitrary 5-8 seconds to where it thinks you messed up. For most games it guesses correctly. For Legacy of the Wizard it has no idea.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Nostradingus posted:

If you claim the Animal Crossing expansion pack then the difference between the basic NSO plan and buying the AC expansion separately vs the new plan is only $5 a year. Which makes me wonder if they’re going to offer something similar each year or if it’s just an introductory thing

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tato posted:

The Genesis emulation is better than the lovely pack Sega put out, but obviously not as good as individual M2 Sega Ages games.

Of all the emulator frontends, I think Nintendo's rewind feature is one of the easiest, so I like playing games available with Switch Online. The most bizarre rewind feature is in the Namco NES Collections, where it jumps back an arbitrary 5-8 seconds to where it thinks you messed up. For most games it guesses correctly. For Legacy of the Wizard it has no idea.

The rewind feature for the Namco NES games is bafflingly bad. It’s a good thing I’m a Mappy Master and don’t need it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NienNunb posted:

The rewind feature for the Namco NES games is bafflingly bad. It’s a good thing I’m a Mappy Master and don’t need it.

NienNunb posted:

I wonder what ol’ big ears will think of this

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i hate that theres no filtering options whatsoever on any nintendo online emulated games. they look bad just blown up like that. but also it shouldn't really matter at all to me because all i play on it is mario picross

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

If you claim the Animal Crossing expansion pack then the difference between the basic NSO plan and buying the AC expansion separately vs the new plan is only $5 a year. Which makes me wonder if they’re going to offer something similar each year or if it’s just an introductory thing

If you have a large enough family, Nintendo pays you to join.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

If they do another DLC pack-in the decision will be a lot easier. As it stands, I can be patient for these games to be done the honor that they deserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!