Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I've had the DLC for 2 years and just figured out what Integrate DLC means from this topic. I was wondering why every one always talked about a shen mission that I never saw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

The backsite is super easy and can be cheesed at most levels because it has no timer. Just get a reaper or a conceal ranger to scout pods and you can guarantee to engage them one at a time in a good kill zone or even set up overwatch traps. Bring a sniper and you can engage each pod by getting a huge chance at a crit. Any mission without a timer is a gimme because of this.

The thing is the game trains you to rush and rides that line so we’ll (one of the great things xcom 2 does) that it becomes second nature.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I've had the DLC for 2 years and just figured out what Integrate DLC means from this topic. I was wondering why every one always talked about a shen mission that I never saw.

It's an absolutely mystifying word choice, and as I recall the tooltip isn't much clearer.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

On one hand that sucks. Otoh, you now get to play the best mission in the game and truely appreciate it. Once it's over, be sure to customize your Spark with a new voice, it's a good easter egg if you've not seen it before (and if you have, you will now get the reference!).

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Serephina posted:

Once it's over, be sure to customize your Spark with a new voice, it's a good easter egg if you've not seen it before (and if you have, you will now get the reference!).

God yeah, Julian's grumpy sarcasm is so loving funny

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Tom Tucker posted:

The backsite is super easy and can be cheesed at most levels because it has no timer. Just get a reaper or a conceal ranger to scout pods and you can guarantee to engage them one at a time in a good kill zone or even set up overwatch traps. Bring a sniper and you can engage each pod by getting a huge chance at a crit. Any mission without a timer is a gimme because of this.

The thing is the game trains you to rush and rides that line so we’ll (one of the great things xcom 2 does) that it becomes second nature.
You can just use said Reaper or Ranger to reveal pods and then abuse Squadsight from the start of the map to take potshots at them while they run around in confusion. As long as no revealed soldier enters any enemy's visual range, they won't know where to go. This even works on the male Chosen. :getin:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Ripper Swarm posted:

No way, this is like telling newcomers to XCOM 1 to leave the abandoned fishing village alone!

I've just got flashbacks to four people stood on a box.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I feel like the only problem with the blacksite is that given that it's literally the first thing the game drops in front of you to accomplish at your own discretion, you should have the option of calling in the avenger to evacuate if things start going poorly and you have a bad activation on like your first two fights. If you just quickly pop over and do the blacksite immediately as it becomes available it really isn't that bad but I almost never bother doing so because occasionally I'll take it too casually and if I'm not overspecced for it there really isn't any convenient way to get to the evac point once things go tits up and take another go at it another time.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
I’ve downloaded MOCX and i’m looking for some faceless mooks to create in the character pool.
I’ve got me some storm troopers,terminators,combine,genome soldiers.

Any other suggestions?

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Sooo I installed a bunch of mods for another run and now the Assassin is showing up on the first terror mission :stare:

Meanwhile my squad consists of *checks notes* two rookies and two squaddies. One of the rookies is from North Korea and is wearing unacceptably short pants to show off his hairy legs.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

SixFigureSandwich posted:

Sooo I installed a bunch of mods for another run and now the Assassin is showing up on the first terror mission :stare:

Meanwhile my squad consists of *checks notes* two rookies and two squaddies. One of the rookies is from North Korea and is wearing unacceptably short pants to show off his hairy legs.

that dude has got this, just keep him safe

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I recruited this dude so god drat fast

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

moist turtleneck posted:

Make him a heavy gunner and nickname him Big Dong.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

moist turtleneck posted:

For collectiiiing……..?

Bro don’t leave me wanging,i mean donging, i mean father,poo poo!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
crap I thought I had a recording but I only did a screenshot, so we can only dream

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

Xcom 3 needs to have a system for soldiers where you have to track how unhinged they’re getting by how many macabre flesh trophies they’re keeping

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

“Those eyes,they’re the eyes of a man with a taste for testes,muton,sectoid……gatekeeper,the man’s an animal”.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

LonsomeSon posted:

Xcom 3 needs to have a system for soldiers where you have to track how unhinged they’re getting by how many macabre flesh trophies they’re keeping

No thanks

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

The Avenger slowly being remade into a cathedral of still-screaming flesh, being able to replay on demand the agony and misery of your enemies, tendrils of warm psionic wrapping around you in a loving crush of suffering…

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
No Hunter's Lodge on the Steam XCOM 2 workshop.

I think it's already weird to keep flesh trophies.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Spot the WH40K fans in this thread. There's already WH40K tactical strategy games for your grimdark flesh trophy needs.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

pun pundit posted:

Spot the WH40K fans in this thread. There's already WH40K tactical strategy games for your grimdark flesh trophy needs.

Blood for the Blood God?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

LonsomeSon posted:

The Avenger slowly being remade into a cathedral of still-screaming flesh, being able to replay on demand the agony and misery of your enemies, tendrils of warm psionic wrapping around you in a loving crush of suffering…

This is how Slaanesh is born. Well, this and marines playing :black101: music so loud that it hits like a weapon :getin:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If I managed to down a berserker, I'd drat well use his head as a trophy.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Finally finna play WOTC, and stuffed to the gills with mods. Somebody critique my list plz:

Cut Content Ammo
Celatid Alien
ADVENT Assault Troopers
Custodian Pack
SPARK Flamethrowers
Armored Vipers
Pathfinders
Primary Secondaries
Ballistic Shields
Long War SMG Pack - WOTC
Beam Grenade Launcher
Mechatronic Warfare
Playable Titan Armor
Stenchfury Modular Armors
Stenchfury Modular Helmets
MGee's Maps
EC Map Expansion
Maps by Vozati [WotC Edition]
RAGE Helmet[WOTC Compatible now]
Jet Packs
Rocket Launchers 2.0
Cosmo Dragoon
Disposable Rocket Launchers 3.0
Iridar's SPARK Arsenal 3.0
Evac All - WotC
Capnbubs Accessories - WotC
Still Stop Wasting My Time

Anything missing? Anything I should get rid of? I know some people aren't a fan of a few of the enemy mods, but I can't remember which ones.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Do you want class/alien mods or a relatively WOTC enemy/class balance? (Minus the Spark changes you've used)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also don't use map mods, they're poorly balanced and crash or glitch out often.

Pathfinders and Custodians are also going to be an enormous step up in difficulty as they break a lot of the normal rules for enemies and have absolutely ridiculous amounts of health and armor. I would not recommend them on a mod pack that has your guys at vanilla power levels, you'd want a bigger squad at the very least.

Zore fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Oct 31, 2021

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hmmm, yeah looking at the comments for those two it looks like they're pretty oppressive, at least in the early game. I might just keep the cosmetics and related researches though since those are standalone, but that might have the opposite effect in unbalancing things too much in my favour.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Ravenfood posted:

Do you want class/alien mods or a relatively WOTC enemy/class balance? (Minus the Spark changes you've used)

My plan was to install mods with tougher enemies but split the difference and play on normal difficulty I guess. Enemy-wise, I'm trying to avoid the ones which are just reskinned variants of existing dudes.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Mordja posted:

Finally finna play WOTC, and stuffed to the gills with mods. Somebody critique my list plz:

Cut Content Ammo
Celatid Alien
ADVENT Assault Troopers
Custodian Pack
SPARK Flamethrowers
Armored Vipers
Pathfinders
Primary Secondaries
Ballistic Shields
Long War SMG Pack - WOTC
Beam Grenade Launcher
Mechatronic Warfare
Playable Titan Armor
Stenchfury Modular Armors
Stenchfury Modular Helmets
MGee's Maps
EC Map Expansion
Maps by Vozati [WotC Edition]
RAGE Helmet[WOTC Compatible now]
Jet Packs
Rocket Launchers 2.0
Cosmo Dragoon
Disposable Rocket Launchers 3.0
Iridar's SPARK Arsenal 3.0
Evac All - WotC
Capnbubs Accessories - WotC
Still Stop Wasting My Time

Anything missing? Anything I should get rid of? I know some people aren't a fan of a few of the enemy mods, but I can't remember which ones.

Gotcha again
Information overhaul
Terrain on mission planning

Also as said above,map mods seriously gently caress up enemies especially the Hunter chosen (constantly grappling to two feet away then running back)

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

Wow that’s really disappointing, I recall on launch thinking that the modular map system they described should make map-set modding cool

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Bummer to hear about the map thing, I was especially looking forward to that one that looks to add a bunch of new tilesets too.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

New maps are great it’s just in my experience the AI gets confused.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i've been playing with vozati for ages and don't generally recall too many issues

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

So i’m playing with the alien rulers DLC for the first time ever(haven’t met any of them yet)

Does having this DLC just make all enemies far more aggressive? It seems like every grunt and commander is hitting me from across the map and i’m struggling to stop myself from taking heavy casualties on every mission.

I don’t have mods that affect difficulty or balance.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

So i’m playing with the alien rulers DLC for the first time ever(haven’t met any of them yet)

Does having this DLC just make all enemies far more aggressive? It seems like every grunt and commander is hitting me from across the map and i’m struggling to stop myself from taking heavy casualties on every mission.

I don’t have mods that affect difficulty or balance.

It makes no changes to any enemies besides the Rulers themselves.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Well poo poo.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1455989717925761024

My instincts are telling me something has gone sideways on MS.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Just played through blast from the past for the first time,got through to the last mission on the last few turns with no injuries….till the andromedon acid bombed my two soldiers,it was fun but gently caress doing the rest for unlocks,mods to the rescue!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatHorse
Jan 5, 2008

StratGoatCom posted:

My instincts are telling me something has gone sideways on MS.

Somebody realized that they have made a mobile gacha game, but without micro-transactions. So they are adding those.