Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Lol we'll just convict whoever (likely you know who) and claim it as a W

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Oh great, now I have to open the door to see they're sold out of mocha Monster Java 300.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Since I just posted this in the trump thread why not here too

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AeroVironment_Switchblade

It's... a missile?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

The Lone Badger posted:

It's... a missile?

That's a buttplug idiot

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

That's a buttplug idiot

Everything is a buttplug if you're brave enough.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Doodoodoodoo! Cube!

https://twitter.com/fairy_godslut/status/1453013718019805184?s=21

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TACD posted:

On Firefox (and probably Chrome too) there’s a specific plugin just for blocking Twitch ads.

we need to do some kind of butlerian jihad on surveillance camera technology, soon

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

tokin opposition posted:

In the future everyone will just use trained, cybernetically enhanced crabs to control computers instead of mice

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

TACD posted:

On Firefox (and probably Chrome too) there’s a specific plugin just for blocking Twitch ads.

thanks, I'll give it a try, unfortunately a lot of the ads are built in to the streams now and it can't stop that

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

What part of the development of a new religion are we at

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Milo and POTUS posted:

What part of the development of a new religion are we at

we've circled around back to worshipping orbs and cubes

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Dreylad posted:

we've circled around back to worshipping orbs and cubes

Pyramids are next, right?

Well, it's a solution to JIT at least?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

endlessmonotony posted:

Pyramids are next, right?

Well, it's a solution to JIT at least?

indeed, solve the fragility inherent in just-in-time supply chain by constructing exceedingly large grain storage silos and building up a rainy day stockpile

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
all transactions and religions will merge into the transaction of platonic solids of different elements

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
All hail cesium dodecahedrons

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

A Bakers Cousin posted:

californium mobius is where it's at

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
im gonna hire ten other people and we're gonna steal the tungsten cube

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

right click -> put in truck

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

goatsestretchgoals posted:

right click -> put in truck

what madness is this?! it's supposed to go in your butt.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

A Bakers Cousin posted:

if we're using platonic solids we should be using platonic elements. i think you mean aether dodecahedrons :colbert:

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

silentsnack posted:

what madness is this?! it's supposed to go in your butt.

It's a typo, it's clearly supposed to be "trunk".

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/iquilezles/status/1453261503847702537

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
This is algorithmically generated, right? It doesn't actually say anything, but all the words are in English, and the sentences have proper structure:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johntamny/2021/10/24/theres-no-supply-chain-shortage-or-inflation-theres-just-central-planning/amp/

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Thanatosian posted:

This is algorithmically generated, right? It doesn't actually say anything, but all the words are in English, and the sentences have proper structure:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johntamny/2021/10/24/theres-no-supply-chain-shortage-or-inflation-theres-just-central-planning/amp/

quote:

Let’s instead be realistic and talk about central planning. We know from the 20th century that when politicians, authoritarians or both substitute their intensely narrow knowledge for that of the marketplace that immense want for very little (and lousy) supply is the logical result.

What? No it's not

quote:

Yes it is.

o gently caress

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
His pov seems to be that the economy cannot be understood by mankind, so at a certain level of regulation, shortages will happen that aren't the result of anything in particular except those regulations. Calling them supply chain shortages is wrong because there's no describable reason why the shortages happen. The economy has a soul and you removed it when you tried to regulate it. So covid lockdowns removed the soul from the economy.

If you believe capitalists treat the economy as an unstable god, to which sacrifices must be made, this guy is here to tell you: they do.

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

I hate this

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

They started putting huge TVs on the outside back of public buses around here, right now they just say the name of the bus but like those doors it's just a matter of time before it is 100% advertising

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
The video is missing the part where you open the cooler and it's empty.

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

in another thread someone claimed that the motivation for the door screens was so prices could be jacked up when a disaster cuts off drinking water updated in real time, and definitely not to blast ads off of any imaginable surface.

in any case I hope someone makes a diet app to publicly shame me on the refrigerator screen when I try to buy ice cream soon

e: they’re definitely still going to show ads though, no doubt

pygmy tyrant has issued a correction as of 16:53 on Oct 28, 2021

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

pygmy tyrant posted:

in another thread someone claimed that the motivation for the door screens was so prices could be jacked up when a disaster cuts off drinking water updated in real time, and definitely not to blast ads off of any imaginable surface.

in any case I hope someone makes a diet app to publicly shame me on the refrigerator screen when I try to buy ice cream soon

e: they’re definitely still going to show ads though, no doubt

That may have been me. And it's not only a matter of updating prices in real-time; if you can do that, and you're using something like Amazon's no-checkout model, where it just charges you as you wheel your cart out the door, they could charge different individuals different prices based on the personal data they have gathered about you.

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

Thanatosian posted:

That may have been me. And it's not only a matter of updating prices in real-time; if you can do that, and you're using something like Amazon's no-checkout model, where it just charges you as you wheel your cart out the door, they could charge different individuals different prices based on the personal data they have gathered about you.

been thinking about this for like half an hour now and all I can think to say is lol.

The future is unbelievably stupid

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

As the hot afternoon approaches the price of gatorade rises by 13.56%

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
digital prices tied to the weather is the efficient future we deserve

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
your fitness tracker will report to Walgreens whether you have just been exercising so they know how desperate you might be for a drink so they can price things accordingly.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

pygmy tyrant posted:

been thinking about this for like half an hour now and all I can think to say is lol.

moving from paper coupons to everything being on store loyalty cards with personalized coupons on a coupon app with bizarre discounts like 23 cents off a bag of chips and netflix-style recommender systems pushing new stuff on you thinks you'll buy was step 1. the next step is trying to track you throughout the store via bluetooth or whatever and pitching you stuff on your coupon app in real time, or tracking your web usage through the store's free wifi to see that you're looking up the price for this thing on amazon and then immediately offering to match that price so they don't lose that sale.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

withak posted:

your fitness tracker will report to Walgreens whether you have just been exercising so they know how desperate you might be for a drink so they can price things accordingly.

o your blood sugar reading a little low, time to raise prices and show ads for candy

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

pygmy tyrant posted:

Like, I'm not even a marketing person; this is probably one of the less-disturbing ways they'll use this technology.

And while I can't think of a way how, I'm sure they'll make it racist, too.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/bobvids/status/1453792610330492928?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Me when I see the new facebook logo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCtIHkMuDY8