Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

It doesn't matter how long I live, I will never have a hat as dashing as this.

Isn't that the image used for the String Theocracy full song?

I wonder if it's just a soundtrack on the way.

EDIT: Looks like the same girl but a different environment? Odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

TeeQueue posted:

There is not enough :lobcorp: in the world to show how right you are.

But hey, if you're making it that far consistently it's really just all about finishing. Maybe you can get through it by just sneaking as many works as possible if it shows up again.

I have now made it with 0 casualties. Through a violet midnight in the end! By virtue of the cunning strategy of having 1 dude in paradise lost/blessing from knight of despair basically solo everything while everyone else cowered in the bottom right corner.

MVP red riding hood though for soloing one of the tablets.

Things very very nearly destabilised right at the end because I failed to see the last meltdowns through the extremely grey filter, which let out a bunch of abnos at the same time so I ended up rushing through the last few works to end the day.

A jargogle fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 24, 2021

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Alectai posted:

Isn't that the image used for the String Theocracy full song?

I wonder if it's just a soundtrack on the way.

EDIT: Looks like the same girl but a different environment? Odd.

it is a soundtrack! but it does have one new song on it, which is very exciting.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Oh man, I somehow managed to pull off Malkuth's Floor Realization on my first try after only having faced the Index Proselytes as a 2nd tier fight in Urban Nightmare. And despite accidentally skipping a turn in the final section that left me with just Malkuth to handle the fight, she was able to graze the grass and beat up Snow White's Apple!Angela thanks to the Oscar keypage I gave her, some Sweeper cards for light and health refills, and plenty of survival key pages attributed.

The Victory screen
My Oscar survivability deck, on loan to Malkuth.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
Beating that with only Malkuth alive is a classic Ruina moment, yeah. Very tense in the final stage.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

recently got this one from a friend's suggestion and gotta say I totally did not expect that intro to be that good, game oozes style

all my understanding from project moon is that lobcorp is insanely hard and read teequeue's lp, here's hoping it is not that hard this time (who am I kidding Angela is going to get mad pretty quick)

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Thankfully, Ruina is much easier than Lobotomy Corporation, though to be fair they're very different skillsets.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

You will never have to start Ruina over and you can never lock yourself out of anything. It's very forgiving that way.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

TeeQueue posted:

Thankfully, Ruina is much easier than Lobotomy Corporation, though to be fair they're very different skillsets.

Thankfully indeed. Deckbuilder games? Can manage, sure. Now if said deckbuilder has an experimental game design fusion surprise in the 3rd chapter with dungeon keeper + the sims, time to brace for whiplash

(even though I am joking, not going to discount any possibility of something like happening lol)

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

some questions:

1) any way to see if I got everything from a previous level (in other words if there's a way to indicate that there's no need to farm it anymore)?

2) after I figured out (I think) how combat works, things are being rather breezy, just unlocked Yesod's. Are there any worthwhile early decks to play with or not worth even bothering to minmax here?

tia :)

edit: also roland trying to get everybody to chill is hilarious

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain

dead gay comedy forums posted:

some questions:

1) any way to see if I got everything from a previous level (in other words if there's a way to indicate that there's no need to farm it anymore)?

2) after I figured out (I think) how combat works, things are being rather breezy, just unlocked Yesod's. Are there any worthwhile early decks to play with or not worth even bothering to minmax here?

tia :)

edit: also roland trying to get everybody to chill is hilarious

You can generally get combat pages forever. If you run out of possible rewards for a book you burn, it'll just reset and give you the same cards you got before.

Key Pages, meanwhile, never refresh, so once those are depleted you can usually safely get away with not burning those books anymore, unless there are specific combat pages you'd like to farm.

Also, that early on, you can get away with trading around one or two key pages and replacing one or two cards as you progress. Min-maxing decks won't be necessary for a good while.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Yesod realization down! Felt like a much smoother fight, and locking down Angela's dice constantly with Butterfly's Coffin when she was in Shooty mode turned the last phase into a joke once the boss's HP got below 50%.

they're not going to all go this smoothly, will they

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Verant posted:

Don't worry, you'll get better as they get more complicated! or your ungamentals will solidify as you go along, either or

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

just did the second keter abnormality and I think I figured out where the game is going with Dear Librarian being so drat ruthless and obnoxious

ps: aaaand duh that + the intro already answers that lmao

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Verant posted:

Yesod realization down! Felt like a much smoother fight, and locking down Angela's dice constantly with Butterfly's Coffin when she was in Shooty mode turned the last phase into a joke once the boss's HP got below 50%.

Yesod's is deffo one of the easier ones, and not just because his floor is so drat strong.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

GilliamYaeger posted:

Yesod's is deffo one of the easier ones, and not just because his floor is so drat strong.

Consider this though:

(Original release version) DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING

:v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

SITB posted:

Consider this though:

(Original release version) DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING

:v:

Man I fought release Yesod.

Why'd you have to bring back those memories I'd so carefully buried??? :negative:

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Is there some reason why on day 49 the instant, and I mean like, on the exact frame that An Arbiter spawns, my entire stack of guys in an elevator instantly panicked?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I can think of several reasons, but the most likely one is that they got spiked? Spikes happen, they hurt everyone, a couple die, the rest panic due to 10% nervous penalty. :lobcorp:

It's also possible that they panicked from something else, but without having full details or like, a video or what have you it's impossible to really say for certain.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Hmm it could be that but it was the shitkicking squad with good armour. Oh well time to find out if it happens again....

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Don't stack people together for binah, they're getting hit by multiple spikes

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

A jargogle posted:

Hmm it could be that but it was the shitkicking squad with good armour. Oh well time to find out if it happens again....

You do not want people bunched up when the Arbiter spawns, the damage from spikes stacks. If 10 people are sitting in an elevator and spikes spawn under 5 of them, all 10 are getting 5 times the spike damage.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Fun: You Must Be Happy does not help with backwards clock.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

A jargogle posted:

Fun: You Must Be Happy does not help with backwards clock.

Yeah, it doesn't help with CENSORED either. It changes the stats, but not an agent's overall level.

Fun fact number 2: Hod's meltdown CAN change an agent's level.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
To Kill a Living Book - for Library of Ruina

So, this is the additional song for LoR.

Really good song as always

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
A win is a win!

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Hey I'm from TeeQueue's thread, I just realized that I totally don't understand the alternate (Convuluted, bad) method he mentions for dealing with Queen of Hatred that doesn't involve killing Clerks with execution bullets. Something about working her right at meltdown?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Your Everyday NEET posted:

To Kill a Living Book - for Library of Ruina

So, this is the additional song for LoR.

Really good song as always

It's alright, not my favorite, though I'm a bit confused on if it's just like, a bonus track that PM commissioned?

Poor philip, forever using royalty free music.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Crasical posted:

Hey I'm from TeeQueue's thread, I just realized that I totally don't understand the alternate (Convuluted, bad) method he mentions for dealing with Queen of Hatred that doesn't involve killing Clerks with execution bullets. Something about working her right at meltdown?

Start a work on QOH right before the next meltdown level. Wait until the work is 90% done. Start another work somewhere else to push you over into the next meltdown level.
She goes into despair, then the work completes and she's happy again.

A jargogle fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 28, 2021

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Crasical posted:

You can also breach a TETH abnormality like Forsaken Murderer, let them kill three clerks, and then bonk them back to spooky jail. This gets really annoying if you also have Clerk Rights Abnormalities or stuff that triggers on breaches, and is already pretty annoying at baseline. It's likely your best bet for dealing with her if you get her in Safety or Training though.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

A jargogle posted:

Start a work on QOH right before the next meltdown level. Wait until the work is 90% done. Start another work somewhere else to push you over into the next meltdown level.
She goes into despair, then the work completes and she's happy again.

...Oh, okay, I think I get it. You wait until you've got 15 PE boxes, then push it up into the next meltdown level, she becomes hysteric but since you've already got the 'good' result, the work will end and she'll go back to being happy, and you don't have to deal with the work success rate penalty when she's freaking out.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
That is it exactly!

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

I don't recommend it if you can at all avoid it, because doing that + train management for like 30+ game days was a lot of burnout and I never want to touch LC again even though it turns out I missed out on...most of the cool stuff.

Really digging library's presentation and setting so far, although it feels like maybe they went a little too far in the opposite direction; everything seems like zero stakes.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I just realized I didn't *really* understand why that method worked, and was curious. It honestly seems kind of a toss up if it's easier to remember to kill 3 clerks or to have QOH be the second-to-last work each meltdown, it's another plate to spin either way.

And I just like magical girls.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Kill the clerks if you have the bullets honestly

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Irony.or.Death posted:

I don't recommend it if you can at all avoid it, because doing that + train management for like 30+ game days was a lot of burnout and I never want to touch LC again even though it turns out I missed out on...most of the cool stuff.

Really digging library's presentation and setting so far, although it feels like maybe they went a little too far in the opposite direction; everything seems like zero stakes.

The tutorial was really hard at first (Finn had better raw stats and better cards than you, hence why he's a meme :v:) but they kinda went too far in the opposite direction and the training wheels never really come off after that. There's definitely a few spikes though.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

just got to fixers grade 7 and difficulty is rising considerably oof

time to farm some new pages I suppose. Are there any deck listings anywhere? couldn't find anything :(

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Arcvasti posted:

You can also breach a TETH abnormality like Forsaken Murderer, let them kill three clerks, and then bonk them back to spooky jail. This gets really annoying if you also have Clerk Rights Abnormalities or stuff that triggers on breaches, and is already pretty annoying at baseline. It's likely your best bet for dealing with her if you get her in Safety or Training though.

I watched a stream where the player used Der Freischutz to kill clerks before they got execution bullets.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

dead gay comedy forums posted:

just got to fixers grade 7 and difficulty is rising considerably oof

time to farm some new pages I suppose. Are there any deck listings anywhere? couldn't find anything :(
If you're not in Urban Plague yet, use Walter's page and just spam Retaliate and the Endurance to everyone cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

GilliamYaeger posted:

If you're not in Urban Plague yet, use Walter's page and just spam Retaliate and the Endurance to everyone cards.

just reached urban plague and lost to the carnival haha