Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Funktastic posted:

our highly-paid, overworked junior staff keep leaving just as we get them fully trained

offer your junior staff more benefits or better hours you stupid rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

I can’t understand who this person actually works for because “manager” and “boss” are the same thing as far as i know.

In lovely jobs you may have a "manager" who sets schedules and directs day to day things, but since they are also an underpaid idiot they do not have hiring/firing authority, don't do employee reviews/promotions/comp changes, etc. Think of this like an IK on SA. They can sixer you, but somebody else has to approve any real consequences, and you technically report to a boss/mod.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

If he gave like 5 bitcoins to a friend as a “gift” then ok maybe but you gotta pay federal taxes on gifts over some limit like $12k/year (might be higher now but not 5 bitcoins high) so enjoy your ex wife reporting you to the irs.

Neither the gifter or the recipient pays a tax on gifts. The gifter is supposed to file their taxes stating they gave over the $15,000 yearly exclusion limit (per individual they gave gifts to) but that only reduces the tax-free portion of their estate at death.

The exclusion is up to about $11.5 million. So it doesn't really affect anyone who isn't already in the upper part of the top 1%. If anyone ever complains to you about the death tax tell them you wish you had their problems while making a big exaggerated crying face and rubbing your eyes.

Edit: Doing this prior to a divorce will absolutely get the judge to come down hard on you though since you are very obviously trying to reduce your total assets.

cumshitter fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 27, 2021

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

DoctorWhat posted:

My co-op in NYC doesn't allow dishwashers to be installed even if you can make the space for one.

What about a human live-in dish bitch, like a guy in a latex gimp suit on a leash who is tied up next to a big wash tub and immediately washes any dishes you physically throw at him while talking about how worthless he is?

*someone* in NYC will do that for free

EIDE Van Hagar fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Oct 27, 2021

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

*someone* in NYC will do that for free

"For free"? You just said they got to live there with no rent! Deal!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I seriously wonder what the dudes in those religions are taught. Nothing at all, I am sure, about being a ripped up piece of garbage paper the more people you kiss. Nothing at all about purity. Maybe encouragement to wait until marriage, and then game loving on?

I remember reading something from Orthodox Jewish couples, and the biggest thing the husbands complained/were unhappy with was their sex life. How their wives were never into it, or submitted but clearly found it painful. Some of them wanted their wives to actually enjoy sex, but, amazingly, being told all your life how you are gutter trash if you lose your virginity makes for some hosed up mentality.

AITA for telling my sister i hope she never has a child

quote:

This happened a few months ago and nobody in my family is speaking to me because of this. Im19f and my sister is 35f. Basically, I got pregnant at 16 and had a kid the next year. Our parents are super conservative and didn't teach us a lot about bodies so I honestly didn't know that would happen, in hindsight, I realize what I did was dumb but I love my daughter so I don't regret anything.

My sister is infertile but hasn't been able to afford fertility treatments. She also tried to adopt but said they told her no. When she found out I was pregnant she was ecstatic for the first few months and helped me a lot by taking me to appointments and making me food. Then when I was at about 6 months she asked me if she can adopt my child. I said no gently but she kept asking again and at this point, I told her not to contact me until after I give birth because she was stressing me out. I told her if she did this then id consider letting her be an aunt to my child.

She did this for the other months of my pregnancy then after my daughter was born she contacted me and now she has been a good aunt to my daughter and gets to see her one day on every other weekend (her suggestion). When I had my daughter I asked my parents if I could still go to college with the money they saved up for me since my boyfriend's mom offered to watch her while I go to school.

They told me that they gave my sister the money because she asked for it and they told me that she said that since I got a baby for free she should be able to use the money for fertility treatments. When I heard this I left my parent's house and went to my boyfriend's house because they had promised that they would let me go to college. My boyfriend said that I can stay with him at his apartment so he could see our daughter more and because of my parents.

My sister came to his apartment a few days later asking to see my daughter and I refused and said that she went behind my back and it's not fair that our parents paid for her to go to her dream school and used the money they saved for me to go to school on fertility treatments. She said that my daughter is the closest she will ever get to being a mother and that it's not fair to take that away from her. I told her to never contact me again after that and I'm considering cutting off my parents. She started screaming at me telling me I'm taking her baby away. I was fuming and told her that I hope she never has a kid because she would be a bad parent. She started sobbing and called me immature then left. My sister told my family what happened and they are all on her side and a few aunts sent me nasty voice mails.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

QuarkJets posted:

offer your junior staff more benefits or better hours you stupid rear end in a top hat

lmao good luck, most people who "did their time" as entry level investment banking analysts look at it as a kind of "finishing school" and genuinely don't think it should change

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

QuarkJets posted:

The more of the comments you read, the sadder it gets. The senior partners won't let her offer higher salaries, hire more associates at lower wages, or in general change anything. However, they are holding her responsible for the fact that all their associates are quitting.

Everybody at AAM is saying "This business is doomed, you can't keep doing exactly what you're doing and hoping for a different result. Save yourself." She says "But they owe me money" (always a sign of a great business) and "But my clients depend on me!" to which everybody is pointing out that if she died, they'd have a moment or two of regret and then get on just fine.

Small business that can't compete with the titans on either salary or quality of life (one of the majors is offering one regular guaranteed day off), insisting that things have to be exactly the way they were 40 years ago when the partners were young. OP can't look away from her sunk costs.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Cowslips Warren posted:

God it sucks being a kid with half a brain in a family that actively, maliciously handicaps your life at every turn.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Your boyfriend's family is your family now. Congratulations.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Cowslips Warren posted:

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEESUS, that family :aaaaa:

Shoutout to the boyfriend's mom for being not a piece of trash.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

to which everybody is pointing out that if she died, they'd have a moment or two of regret and then get on just fine.

I had a very close colleague (we were basically partners on almost every project we worked on) who just left us for a better opportunity for himself.

He was clearly miserable working himself to death dealing with the one project we weren't on together, and I said exactly that, if you died, they'd have a zoom meeting party to talk about you and then move on, so don't feel like you ever have to stay here. I told him "if you left, it'd suck, but I wouldn't be mad at you, i'd just miss working with you. But you have to do what's best for you, and I will never hold that against you".

He got like a 40% raise on another offer and dipped out like 6 weeks later. I'm super glad for him, because he seems so much happier and less stressed when we play games or chat after work now.

If your job sucks, the absolute best thing you can do is find a better one and leave them high and dry. gently caress em.

spouse fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 27, 2021

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Cowslips Warren posted:

There is a surprising number of people on reddit saying ESH on that post. Why? Because she was rude to her sister.

:decorum: poisoning at its finest. :eng99:

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

"But my clients depend on me!" to which everybody is pointing out that if she died, they'd have a moment or two of regret and then get on just fine.
Lol at the clients depending on OP.

It's investment banking - with corporations or ultra-wealthy individuals; the kind of people who see junior staffers making an hourly rate commensurate with $275k annually and don't blink. Nobody's depending on you to save their life here.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

God it sucks being a kid with half a brain in a family that actively, maliciously handicaps your life at every turn.

No poo poo. I was thinking YTA right through the bit about the sister being infertile / unable to adopt, but that turned around really loving quickly at the idea that OP's kid should be handed over to the golden child.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

poor kid should've been way meaner to her sister, if anything
gently caress her entire extended family "how could u be so mean to your sister, who tried to steal your child and intentionally stole the money for your future u_u"
good thing her boyfriend's family is good

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

snergle posted:

the such sex wow story was also a dude doing it im like 80% sure

nah it was definitely a girl, unless there's been multiple doge meme sex partners which, well,

edit; found it:

My [23M] Girlfriend's [21F] Inappropriate Behavior, year long relationship, she has an obsession with an internet fad

quote:

Hi, been a lurker on this subreddit and didn't really have the courage to post, but I'm at my wits end with my girlfriend (let's call her Chris) and her immature behavior.

Some background: So I first met Chris in a group of friends. She was fun, tomboyish, smart, and well-versed on the internet which I found particularly striking. She spends a lot of time on reddit, 4chan, and knowyourmeme. At first I found this hobby mutual as I'm a frequent internet user myself, except I started noticing that Chris would bring it into the real world.

For example, Chris has an obsession with memes. She has memes posted all over her wall and is very active on meme based forums. I understand they make her laugh and that it's not too concerning, but she brings up memes ALL the time. And I mean all the time. Even when we first started talking and flirting she'd bring up socially awkward penguin. At first it was cute, but then it got annoying fast when I realized she did this constantly.

My girlfriend doesn't abstain from meme usage, even when we're having sex. Whenever we spend this time together, she starts moaning doge memes like "such sex, wow" and it really kills the moment for me. Like really? Is that even close to appropriate? Maybe she wants to relieve the tension, but does she know when to draw the line? Even reading that over made me sick knowing that Chris is usually 100% serious about those things.

I tried bringing up her inappropriate usage of memes after my father died and she literally sends me advice animal memes that say 'don't be sad' but my dad just loving died could you be more sensitive and not send me memes? I said that straight to her face yesterday and she started crying, and I feel awful but it was just really irritating for me.

Basically, every time I bring up her habit, guess what- she just brings up memes! It's impossible to fight with her reasonably and I'd hate to end our year long relationship over something so trivial like this and I need advice. Do I stick with her or not? The reaction to my dad's death was the final straw for me and I've been ignoring her messages, texts, which yes, do contain memes.

Sorry for making this long, I'm having a bit of catharsis here. I know Reddit loves its memes and I might get flamed for this, but it's an actual problem and I need help dealing with her. Throwaway because yes, she is on reddit. I'm thinking of showing her this board once I get enough advice to show her that her "harmless" jokes actually get on my nerves to a serious degree.

tl;dr: Girlfriend uses memes in real life, acts immature about them, and doesn't understand context... I'm really at my wit's end and need advice on if I should break or try to work this out. Please help.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

I seriously wonder what the dudes in those religions are taught. Nothing at all, I am sure, about being a ripped up piece of garbage paper the more people you kiss. Nothing at all about purity. Maybe encouragement to wait until marriage, and then game loving on?

I remember reading something from Orthodox Jewish couples, and the biggest thing the husbands complained/were unhappy with was their sex life. How their wives were never into it, or submitted but clearly found it painful. Some of them wanted their wives to actually enjoy sex, but, amazingly, being told all your life how you are gutter trash if you lose your virginity makes for some hosed up mentality.

The common thread in most of these stories is that the baby demanders have repeatedly been turned down by professional agencies that place children. There's definitely a reason for that.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Small business that can't compete with the titans on either salary or quality of life (one of the majors is offering one regular guaranteed day off)

This is one reason I couldn't fault someone for working at a Chick-fil-A. They are working practically the only job in that labor category with a hard and fast day off. I can 100% see the appeal- you can plan on it months, years in advance. Make plans with family, go to your kids soccer games, go on dates in perfect confidence that your shithead boss will not, cannot call you in because they're shorthanded or whatever.

You'd hope "a weekend" wouldn't be a novel recruitment offering but I totally see it.

Job #1 Work 14+ hours a day, every day, for the next 2 years, salary 250k

Job #2 Work the same brutal hours but get every single Tuesday off guaranteed, it's written in the contract with penalties and poo poo. salary 275k

Hmmmmmmm

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

IOwnCalculus posted:

No poo poo. I was thinking YTA right through the bit about the sister being infertile / unable to adopt, but that turned around really loving quickly at the idea that OP's kid should be handed over to the golden child.

"Give me your firstborn" is literally some fairy tale #$#%.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Quackles posted:

"Give me your firstborn" is literally some fairy tale #$#%.

With the age difference and lack of sex ed, I was expecting the twist to be that older sister is actually her mom. If she was a teen mom who gave up her kid for her parents to raise it would seem normal to her to expect said kid to do the same.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Is it just an Irish thing or is it weird that all these people's actions are instantly relayed to extended family who in turns calls, texts, and sends telegrams re feedback? Like, in my house any sort of goings on, like a money or legal or health or argument thing was treated as house business and you didn't discuss it with people outside the house.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

webmeister posted:

nah it was definitely a girl, unless there's been multiple doge meme sex partners which, well,

edit; found it:

My [23M] Girlfriend's [21F] Inappropriate Behavior, year long relationship, she has an obsession with an internet fad

This story is infinitely funnier if it's from the last three years as opposed to, like, 2012.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

kntfkr posted:

Is it just an Irish thing or is it weird that all these people's actions are instantly relayed to extended family who in turns calls, texts, and sends telegrams re feedback? Like, in my house any sort of goings on, like a money or legal or health or argument thing was treated as house business and you didn't discuss it with people outside the house.

Did you miss last thread when an Irishman complained about a Karen they dealt with at work and another poster immediately identified the specific individual? The entire country’s one small town.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

rotinaj posted:

This person knows that their girlfriend isn’t marrying their mother, right
Yes, she is, she just realized it and it's why she wants to break up

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
They must be from Claire.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Halloween Jack posted:

Yes, she is, she just realized it and it's why she wants to break up

:hai:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for giving my sister-in-law baby formula?

quote:

I'm going to start my post by saying that I don't have kids and I have no experience with babies or motherhood or children. I'm 18 and beyond being around them in group settings where at least one of the parents and a ton of other people are around that's it. Just for some context to my post.

My brother's wife had a baby 17 days ago. I didn't go visit them yet but my brother and SIL sent me some pictures. My brother said our cousin Rachel was around a lot because my SIL is having trouble breastfeeding and Rachel is a big believer in it and is helping her. I offered to help them if I needed it and on Saturday they asked me to go to grocery store for them because no home delivery had an open spot.

When I dropped the food off I was shocked at how bad my SIL looked. She literally looked like the walking dead. Barely awake and not showered and she was actually crying because she was so frustrated. It actually scared me how bad she looked. At first I didn't want to butt in but it bothered me so much I went back to the store and got a can of baby formula. I figured it would give her a break and my niece could eat.

It was even worse when I gave it to my SIL because I said it was no big deal if my niece got formula, it wasn't a problem. My SIL broke down and I was honestly scared because she was weeping. Like in the movies when someone dies kind of weeping. No one told her it was okay not to breastfeed. She felt so guilty because of Rachel butting in and no one telling her formula was okay.

I actually ripped my brother a new one because he sat back while my SIL suffered. There was no way he didn't see how bad she looked (no offense but she looked terrible). I got my SIL to shower after my niece ate and fell asleep and I changed the sheets on the bed and told my SIL to sleep while my niece slept and I said I would get more baby formula.

I thought I did the right thing because my SIL actually stopped crying, showered and slept and the next three days she looked better and didn't cry again. My niece gets full. My idiot brother smartened up and told Rachel to stay away and everyone else especially our parents and SILs parents to butt out. They take turns feeding so they both can sleep.

My parents and Rachel are furious at me. SILs sister was in agreement with Rachel and left me an angry voicemail full of swearing. Rachel basically had SIL holding the baby while topless 24/7 and my dumbass brother sat there and didn't help with the baby at all. Rachel breastfed all her kids until they could walk and talk and never had problems but my SIL obviously did. My dad said I overstepped and should not have butted in. Normally I'm big on MYOB but this time I was scared shitless after seeing SIL on Saturday.

Since I'm not a mother or baby expert I have no idea what it is like with a newborn. I'm second guessing now after feeling like I did the right thing because everyone is angry with me and say I should MYOB.

Listen you, it is super important that breastfeeding happens, even if mom and baby can't do it, it's all that matters!

This poor SIL.

A lady I nannied for could not get her second child to latch on; turns out he was tongue-tied, and a snip later, and he was fine. But formula was always an option, and any rear end in a top hat who whines about it, especially if they aren't gonna feed the kid, needs to GTFO.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Cowslips Warren posted:

Listen you, it is super important that breastfeeding happens, even if mom and baby can't do it, it's all that matters!

This poor SIL.

A lady I nannied for could not get her second child to latch on; turns out he was tongue-tied, and a snip later, and he was fine. But formula was always an option, and any rear end in a top hat who whines about it, especially if they aren't gonna feed the kid, needs to GTFO.

I was raised entirely on formula because mom preferred it, and I turned out completely fi...hmm.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I have a weird amount of respect for the guy back in this thread somewhere who induced lactation in himself so their baby could be breastfed after his wife couldn't do it. I would have gone with formula, but I can't say he didn't put his money where his mouth is.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
At least Reddit is of the mindset that "breast is not best, FED is best."

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
My friends don’t respect my relationship and keep encouraging me to cheat. I don’t know how to make them stop

quote:

Me (27M) and my girlfriend (26F) have been together for 5 years. I have known my closest group of friends since we were 5 years old or so. Some of them are single, some of them are dating or married, and none of them is faithful to their partners. At first they were supportive of my relationship, but then things got serious, and now they keep constantly encouraging me to cheat. They’re always trying to set me up with girls they know, putting me in embarrassing situations, and I just don’t want to do it. I’ve never cheated on anyone, and cheating on my girlfriend would be just a very stupid decision. What I have with her I’ve never had with anyone else, and I really don’t wanna lose her.
Last month we went to a party, they introduced me to this girl, she was very drunk and started hitting on me, my friend gave me a condom a told me to “have fun”. By the end of the night I had to pick my girlfriend up at her friend’s, this girl asked me to give her a ride home (we live very close to each other), and I’m so thankful that my girlfriend trusts me and isn’t jealous, because she was more worried about how drunk the girl was than by the fact that I was driving a girl I barely know home. The thing is: I left the party with this girl, absolutely nothing happened, my girlfriend was in the car with us most of the time, but now my friends think I had sex with her. I told them nothing happened, but they keep saying that I don’t have to lie to them or to be ashamed of it. I don’t want them to believe in something that never happened, and worse if my girlfriend finds out and believes that somehow something happened before I picked her up.
I really don’t know what to do. They’re my lifelong friends, I really don’t want to cut ties with them, but they keep doing these things and don’t respect my relationship. My girlfriend doesn’t know that they keep constantly encouraging me to cheat, and I don’t want her to know because she’d be seriously PISSED OFF, and I haven’t done anything wrong of my understanding.
TLDR: my friends keep encouraging me to cheat on my girlfriend

Uh why are you friends with these scumbags?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Did you miss last thread when an Irishman complained about a Karen they dealt with at work and another poster immediately identified the specific individual? The entire country’s one small town.

Do you have links to this? Because it sounds magical.

"That sounds like Cousin Helen. Hold on a sec let me go yell at her for being a dipshit."

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Cowslips Warren posted:

Thank God for young people. I'm sure OP is stupid in other ways, but her fresh outside perspective and sticking to her guns really came through here. I'm inclined to back her view on how bad her SIL looked, too.

I had a downstairs neighbor that was one of the women for whom "morning sickness" was actually "overpowering nausea and vomiting 24/7 for the duration of the pregnancy". I didn't see her for a while at the start and when I did see her she looked awful. Sunken, dark rings around her eyes, deathly pale saggy skin, she was visibly drawn-out and losing weight and she was a thin girl to start with. She said she'd been sick and I was like oh no that sucks! Ummm hey do they know what it is? Are they sure? Never know these days haha when was the last time you saw the doctor? Are you receiving treatment, drugs or therapy or something? Yes, I was nosy. That woman was sick as hell and we were pretty close for neighbors.

Her doctor gave her 100% carte blanche on eating- if she could keep down donuts, she should eat as many donuts or milkshakes or bacon strips as she could keep down. That didn't really help but the nausea died down some in her third trimester and she started gaining back some of the weight she'd lost. Apparently actually having the kid was a relief since she could finally eat normally.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for doing a chargeback on my photographer after the session?

quote:

So I was due with my second baby in December but due to complications, am going to be induced this Monday. I had maternity photos scheduled for the end of November and when I tried to reschedule, the photographer didn’t have any availability. I was scrambling to find another photographer and I found one and I LOVE her work.

The only thing is, the first photographer I had booked had a studio and I wanted a maternity boudoir session. This new photographer has gorgeous maternity boudoir in her portfolio but it’s outside and it’s just too cold for that now. She agreed to try to rent space but said it might be hard on such short notice. I paid her fee ($595) and agreed to pay the studio rental fee as well. She did find one, but they have a two hour minimum. She felt bad sticking me with the whole cost so she said she would go “halfsies” with me, which added an extra $120 to my total (she paid the whole fee of $240 and billed me my half).

My session was supposed to be at 11:30 today but my childcare for my older child fell through so I figured I would just bring her with me and bribe her with candy to sit quietly. The photographer had been there since 10:30 because it was a two hour block so I figured I would just go early but when I got there at 11, the photographer was in the studio with another client! The studio I paid for! Then the owner of the studio told me that my older child was not allowed in the studio during boudoir sessions (you have to be 18 according to their policy) and asked if Mary (the photographer) had sent me the policy packet. I said no and the owner didn’t really care, just said older kid couldn’t come in. I start getting upset at the owner and Mary comes into the reception area and I tell her how could she not tell me you had to be over 18? Mary said she did email me the policies but since I never mentioned having an older kid, let alone one that would be coming with me, she didn’t see a reason to specify since I said it would just be me.

In the end, my mom came to watch older kid and Mary did my photos but I was supposed to have an hour session and I only got 25 minutes because of the older kid. I saw the proofs and they’re beautiful but I’m still mad that 1) I paid for the studio where Mary had another client who probably didn’t have to pay for the space, 2) my kid wasn’t allowed and she caused me extra stress about it and 3) told me that she wouldn’t photograph my newborn because of my behavior with the owner of the studio. I filed a chargeback for the full amount for the above reasons and now Mary is suing me for the session cost and half of the studio. I don’t know what to do and she won’t give me my photos! Mary has me blacklisted with the other photographers in the area now and my mother says it’s no surprise after the way I acted so I better get good at using a camera for my own photos. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

OP just doesn't understand how life works apparently!

OP posted:

I didn’t get any photos! I saw proofs that had a big ugly watermark all over them but she hadn’t finalized anything yet. Now I can’t even see them on the internet site she sent me to look at them at and I asked where it went and she said she would deliver the photos when she was paid so I didn’t get any photos

OP posted:

How can you LEGALLY not give me photos of ME

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

RatHat posted:

My friends don’t respect my relationship and keep encouraging me to cheat. I don’t know how to make them stop

Uh why are you friends with these scumbags?

This reads like it was written as proof of an alibi.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

This reads like it was written as proof of an alibi.

AITA For Denying that At 6:23 PM, on August 28th 2021, when I was at a local convenience store buying a pack of gum (receipt attached) I was the Someone Who Stole the Cookies from the Cookie Jar?

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for doing a chargeback on my photographer after the session?

OP just doesn't understand how life works apparently!

I mean...Mary didn't send the policy packet, sounds like it's her gently caress up and a hard lesson to learn in running a legitimate business. It's not the client's burden to figure out the nitty gritty of the place the person they're paying for picked. Better luck next time when professionally contracting out a location to a client.

Editing to say op should have walked and disputed or not paid from the get go. Hard lesson for everyone involved

kazr fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 27, 2021

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...

kazr posted:

I mean...Mary didn't send the policy packet, sounds like it's her gently caress up and a hard lesson to learn in running a legitimate business. It's not the client's burden to figure out the nitty gritty of the place the person they're paying for picked. Better luck next time when professionally contracting out a location to a client.

Editing to say op should have walked and disputed or not paid from the get go. Hard lesson for everyone involved

quote:

Mary said she did email me the policies but since I never mentioned having an older kid, let alone one that would be coming with me, she didn’t see a reason to specify since I said it would just be me.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
E, fb

OP was the rear end in a top hat through and through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

This poor SIL.

idk maybe tell your dad that you're just looking out for his new grandchild and his daughter in law and that if your cousin has something to say about that then she can go eat a butt? Why the gently caress should Rachel's wishes trump the health of your SIL and your niece?