Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Chinchillazllla/status/1453093110091812867?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Koirhor posted:

what the gently caress is a polycule?
Polygamy rebranding itself to cater to hipsters.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

indigi posted:

criticize them for what exactly

criticize was probably the wrong word, but the authors clearly handle them with kid gloves (everyone's happy, there's no communication issues, everyone is equal in the relationship dynamics, it's the same setup regardless of it being a ragtag belter operation, rich earther landowners, or a high-ranking totalitarian fascist space admiral) and it just leaves the whole thing feeling like they know it'll get them some points with the online book twitter mob than anything else. it's really shallow. the tepid "drama" of the one in season 5 of the tv adaptation was the worst part of the season, too.

Horizon Burning has issued a correction as of 00:08 on Oct 27, 2021

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i need to rewatch dune on my phone (using the phone speakers) so i can assess it unclouded from how it looks and sounds

https://twitter.com/JohnMagary/status/1452804690756911108

Man how did we gently caress up so badly that we've given animals separation anxiety

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
i mean it's really not that uncommon for dogs to have separation anxiety and it's pretty normal

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

"they've got a-bombs now"
"they've got a-bombs now?!!"
"yep, they've got a-bombs now"
(all the eternals, turning to phastos, in unison) "phastoooos!!"

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

everything about my dogs behavior leads me to believe that, while he likes me, he would much rather be sleeping in a giant pile of dogs, running through the woods patrolling his territory with all his buddies, and tearing apart small animals. every day that i don't allow him to freely do those things, every 8-hour shift that i trap him alone in a little box apartment, is another brick i personally place in the wall of interspecies oppression. as much as that is a life i would like to provide for him

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
i mean i dunno dude dogs are the domesticated human-dependent version of the animals that actually do that. i think they'd just get owned by some wolves in the area and die. feral dogs still hang out around human settlements. also my dog likes to sleep in big piles of blankets which don't exist in the wild

Casey Finnigan has issued a correction as of 01:41 on Oct 27, 2021

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Casey Finnigan posted:

i mean i dunno dude dogs are the domesticated human-dependent version of the animals that actually do that. i think they'd just get owned by some wolves in the area and die. feral dogs still hang out around human settlements. also my dog likes to sleep in big piles of blankets which don't exist in the wild

yeah i obviously haven't freed my dog because, yes he would get owned a million different ways. he will just always be a little bit fundamentally unhappy and there's nothing i can do about it. in conclusion:

KomradeX posted:

Man how did we gently caress up so badly that we've given animals separation anxiety

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
it's just too hard to hunt without dogs. the separation anxiety is price of admission for the game meat

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Don't get me wrong, I love dogs and pets. But man its hosed we've inflicted our own hosed upness on some poor animals

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

"they've got a-bombs now"
"they've got a-bombs now?!!"
"yep, they've got a-bombs now"
(all the eternals, turning to phastos, in unison) "phastoooos!!"

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
"Somehow, the Harkonnen returned."

Laterite has issued a correction as of 02:58 on Oct 27, 2021

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

and that's that!

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1453154193854849024
https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1453156707773845510

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/1453156707773845510?s=20

lol this guy got his start with Troma

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
i guess when you've been allowed to get away with being lusting after young girls, you gotta tow that company line

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
lol the eternals canonically dropped the bomb on hiroshima yet allowed the holocaust to happen with no intervention

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Casey Finnigan posted:

lol the eternals canonically dropped the bomb on hiroshima yet allowed the holocaust to happen with no intervention

They're pro-holocaust of both the camp and firestorm variety

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
I mean, you don't need to be whiteknighting marvel on Twitter, but he's correct in that "most studios" do not give all their scripts to the military as a precautionary measure. I couldn't say if MCU movies, in particular, have more oversight from the military but this is not a standard part of Hollywood filmmaking

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

weird how no one ever says that about chinese scripts despite the exact same statement being technically correct in the exact same pedantic way

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The US military support for Iron Man helped Marvel finance it "independently." The success of Iron Man led to the Disney deal and helped set the stage for the whole MCU.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

if I recall the DoD got in a huff over the first Avengers for showing the f-35 getting clowned on by the Hulk, but by the same token absolutely lmao if you don’t think the Air Force had a line item veto on the Captain Marvel script

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
The big thing was that Tony Stark said something about wanting to build the suit so he could stop wars and soldiers wouldn't have to come home and die to suicide. DoD couldn't have that

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Iron man 3 is about Tony fighting and killing disabled veterans

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

if I recall the DoD got in a huff over the first Avengers for showing the f-35 getting clowned on by the Hulk, but by the same token absolutely lmao if you don’t think the Air Force had a line item veto on the Captain Marvel script

didnt one of the new die hard movies also have an f35 getting clowned on by a normal rear end semitruck with no unique abilities being driven by bruce willis who just keeps impotently yelling stop shooting at me you dumbasses im not the bad guy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
do people think non-domesticated animals are just happy and content 24/7

like do you think wolves don’t have anxiety

dogs are way way happier and lead more emotionally fulfilling lives than virtually any other creature on earth, including humans

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Aglet56 posted:

I mean, you don't need to be whiteknighting marvel on Twitter, but he's correct in that "most studios" do not give all their scripts to the military as a precautionary measure. I couldn't say if MCU movies, in particular, have more oversight from the military but this is not a standard part of Hollywood filmmaking

any movie that involves the military or alphabet agencies in any way does in fact give a significant amount of script control to the US government for technical and effects assistance

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Uncle Wemus posted:

Iron man 3 is about Tony fighting and killing disabled veterans

the DoD hates them most of all, they’re bad pr

Some Guy TT posted:

didnt one of the new die hard movies also have an f35 getting clowned on by a normal rear end semitruck with no unique abilities being driven by bruce willis who just keeps impotently yelling stop shooting at me you dumbasses im not the bad guy

basically every appearance of the F-35 on film has been it being demolished

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

the CIA had creative control over meet the fockers lol

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
personal anecdote: I recently came to the dumbass realization that I can pair my airpods with my appletv.

Succession is 100% watchable without ever watching the screen save for maybe six scenes per season, however, you will miss the obvious gags like shiv standing in front of a giant prop horse as she talks to Kendall.

it's kinda like a radio play if you don't look at the screen at all because you're busy admiring your scalp.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Trabisnikof posted:

the CIA had creative control over meet the fockers lol

Not many people know this, but meet the fockers was the final version of MKULTRA

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Some Guy TT posted:

weird how no one ever says that about chinese scripts despite the exact same statement being technically correct in the exact same pedantic way

people talk about the chinese state interfering in media all the time. people were saying it about the exact same movie?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

the DoD hates them most of all, they’re bad pr

basically every appearance of the F-35 on film has been it being demolished

usually from basically ramming themselves into kaiju

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Brian Tyree Henry is so good in Atlanta, honestly like one of the funniest comedic straightmen I've ever seen, and it truly pains me to see him keep getting put in mainstream crap like this lol

honestly the worst thing about modern blockbusters is they keep trying to make funny dudes into boring action stars

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

when the suicide squad came out a few months back james gunn re-litigated the scorsese thing again and said that scorsese only hates marvel movies for the attention, dude is totally bitchmade

Schlonged Again
Jan 30, 2016

pentagon official: you know what? we’re gonna approve the script and even let you use an F-35, cause people are gonna watch this and think, drat, it takes a hulk to bring this baby down! *lovingly slaps the jet’s wing, which falls off and shatters like glass*

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

lmao

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1453313337576591363?s=21

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

josh04 posted:

people talk about the chinese state interfering in media all the time. people were saying it about the exact same movie?

they do and no one acts butthurt about offending the chinese governments honor is the joke i was making

such conversations also tend not to distinguish between the chinese government doing actual censorship and terminally online chinese movie nerds yelling about whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

ah yeah I was misreading, sorry!