Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Went through "Inside Job". It's a fun show with lots of stupid references. The main character is great. But gently caress her dad. Giving her that name was the first sign that he's an rear end in a top hat.
Don't trust parents of people called Reagan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Bust Rodd posted:

and while I’ve never seen Frisky Dingo

Replying to this from a few weeks back to nag you to make sure you’re not sleeping on this.

And also to say that almost more than Frisky Dingo being so short, I hate that we only ever got two episodes of The Xtacles put into this world. Those were TV perfection with their madcap energy.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cael posted:

...I hate that we only ever got two episodes of The Xtacles put into this world. Those were TV perfection with their madcap energy.

The line, "well, you did everything you could from inside this car" or something like that has stuck with me. Anytime someone gives up before they really try it immediately is there in my brain. I tried to find the clip, but I have failed. I did everything I could from that one search.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

3 episodes into Inside Job and I'm enjoying it. Mothman voiced by Ron Funches is something I never knew I needed in my life, too bad he seems to be a minor role.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Just binged Inside Job and I absolutely loved it. It's incredibly fun and inventive and on top of having just enough of a story arc for me to care about where it's all going without taking away from the episodic hijinks.

Theorycrafting for season 2: Bret is somehow that kid from Reagan's memories. Not sure how it will work but they have a similar hair color hair and he's about the right age. Plus flashback kid seems to have mild brain problems as well.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Xelkelvos posted:

It was a show that was probably a decade+ ahead of its time.

True, it beat Community by 15 years for the 'cult hit that ends with a sad season of webisodes' mark.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Inside Job started “just fine” for me, but with a couple of eps to go, the back half has really grown on me.

Really enjoyed the ninja turtles jokes at the top of one of the episodes.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

3 episodes into Inside Job and I'm enjoying it. Mothman voiced by Ron Funches is something I never knew I needed in my life, too bad he seems to be a minor role.

Agreed with the Mothman. Show hasn't really grown on me in ep3. Mostly because everyone but Brett and Reagan don't seem that endearing and seem a little repulsive (which is part of the point I guess, but it only works when there's one or two characters like that). There's some really amusing bits, but idk if it's enough for the whole.

Edit: okay, episode 4 is improving things a little.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 26, 2021

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

It feels like a Rick and Morty spoof with Beth and Rick super science buds.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Ron Funches just seems to be the new voice of my favorite characters in all adult animated programs!

I liked Inside Job, and I burned through it pretty quick. It's also nice to see Bobby Lee getting some work.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Inside Job episode 6 is a really good episode and it probably could've been episode 2 or 3 as a way to hook people. I'd honestly say if you want to get people into the show who are on the fence, skip episode 2 then do 3->[6-7]

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

PicklePants posted:

It's also nice to see Bobby Lee getting some work.

Dude looks like he’s been living under the overpass since Madtv ended.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If you ever watch his podcast you’ll see he is doing juuuuuuuuuuust fine

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

cant cook creole bream posted:

Don't trust parents of people called Reagan!

Especially if they’re called “Rand”

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Here is some legitimately good news

https://twitter.com/jacksonpublick/status/1454140528329564160?s=21

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/sadmonsters/status/1454581328662474756?s=21

I had never heard of this show. I absolutely love stuff like this and Ugly Americans

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btu0O47u3rY

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
ha, came here to post that. Love that they put in backgrounds/environments from Rocko and Spongebob too even though they couldn't use any Nick characters.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Helluva Boss updated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zyGQquL8VM

They got that James Monroe Inglehart money and by god they're gonna use it.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
If goons aren't watching Fairfax, then they have bad taste and aren't cool enough to hang with me anymore.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/uproxx/status/1455259604716343297?s=21

I approve.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I mean we can all rest assured that Tracy “I would kill my son if he was gay” Morgan has never said anything offensive, lmao

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah I mean we can all rest assured that Tracy “I would kill my son if he was gay” Morgan has never said anything offensive, lmao

I was going to correct you and say that was Kevin Hart but I googled and would have been wrong

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008
So has anyone seen Villainous? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villainous_(TV_series)

I came away pleasantly surprised at the quality of the series, and it was full of cameos and references to other CN shows and animation tropes even JoJo got a shout out . Its a short watch at only 11 minutes per chapter for a total of 6 chapters in the first season. I hope it does well enough that it can get a second one.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I thought Squidbillies was canceled or on its last season?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

this is Extremely My poo poo, make it happen AS

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TwoPair posted:

I thought Squidbillies was canceled or on its last season?

This is for the last season.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
oooohhhh okay, I thought the last season was either already in the can or already airing.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

TwoPair posted:

oooohhhh okay, I thought the last season was either already in the can or already airing.

Kinda. The final season starts this Sunday.

They were keeping the voice secret until now.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

papasyhotcakes posted:

So has anyone seen Villainous? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villainous_(TV_series)

I came away pleasantly surprised at the quality of the series, and it was full of cameos and references to other CN shows and animation tropes even JoJo got a shout out . Its a short watch at only 11 minutes per chapter for a total of 6 chapters in the first season. I hope it does well enough that it can get a second one.

Oh interesting, I had seen some of those characters pop up in my Twitter feed and was vaguely curious where they originated from.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

papasyhotcakes posted:

I remember seeing the trailer for this a few years ago, didn't know it came out.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
It's been out for a few years in fact, just not in the US, first aired on the Latin American CN

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

It's been out for a few years in fact, just not in the US, first aired on the Latin American CN

Nope, the season just came out on October 29th 2021, the pilot and several shorts they made however are like 4 years old and available on YouTube and CN.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

papasyhotcakes posted:

Nope, the season just came out on October 29th 2021, the pilot and several shorts they made however are like 4 years old and available on YouTube and CN.

That's what I meant

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oof, The Great North has not been good so far this season.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

Oof, The Great North has not been good so far this season.

What happened?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Xelkelvos posted:

What happened?

I can't speak for them and why they don't like it, but for me it's just been painfully unfunny.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

What happened?

Yeah, what Omoly said. Whatever charm it had in the 1st season has seemingly evaporated.

The most recent ep had Ham be a challenge to everyone’s goals for no goddamn reason, and it just felt like why?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, what Omoly said. Whatever charm it had in the 1st season has seemingly evaporated.

The most recent ep had Ham be a challenge to everyone’s goals for no goddamn reason, and it just felt like why?

Yeah, season one wasn't amazing but near the end I was like "okay it feels like they've found their footing and figured out what works and what doesn't. Things should step up in season two." but then season two started and things just feel worse in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

That Arcane series that just hit Netflix looks amazing. And it’s well directed too, looks like it’s gonna build some interesting character dynamics. I was worried it’d just be pretty nonsense but there’s some heart to the story.