Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

orbs and cubes and pyramids, oh my!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Boxturret posted:

what if on the one day a year you are allowed to touch the cube you interface it with the orb?

any more dangerous and unruly questions like this and your cube visiting privileges will be rescinded mister!!!

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
I love how they're careful to specify that the once a year timer does not reset with change of ownership because you know that's some bullshit a coiner would try to rules lawyer

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Hammerite posted:

any more dangerous and unruly questions like this and your cube visiting privileges will be rescinded mister!!!

i paid fifty thousand dollars for an entry on a ledger that a separate site says corresponds to a link to an image of a photo of a piece of paper that says every 23rd of june between the times of 3 and 3:30pm I can touch the cube for 3 minutes with one hand

you can't take that away from me!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Boxturret posted:

i paid fifty thousand dollars for an entry on a ledger that a separate site says corresponds to a link to an image of a photo of a piece of paper that says every 23rd of june between the times of 3 and 3:30pm I can touch the cube for 3 minutes with one hand

you can't take that away from me!
daffy duck selling porky pig insurance... on blockchain

Alucardd
Aug 1, 2006
https://twitter.com/robochai/status/1453008923670233097

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/CoinersTakingLs/status/1453098248487374849

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

attractive women in nyc are known for constantly paying for other peoples drinks

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
i guess the one silver lining for cryptoshit is that all of the worst people in all of creation are super eager to tell you all about it

is there so much as a single terrible shithead out there who is very publicly anti-shitcoin?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Prepare as NFT? What would that entail?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Prepare as NFT? What would that entail?

as best as i can tell, it puts your crypto wallet address in the file metadata, and tells the NFT marketplaces how to read that metadata so they can display it next to the file itself

that's all

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
'export as nft' option automatically puts in a call to your local pd child trafficking department

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
it's the same as export as jpg but it pegs your gpu for several hours

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Sapozhnik posted:

i guess the one silver lining for cryptoshit is that all of the worst people in all of creation are super eager to tell you all about it

is there so much as a single terrible shithead out there who is very publicly anti-shitcoin?

https://twitter.com/LuxAlptraum/status/1385198380310278144?s=20

still true

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

is it too tinfoil hat of me to see assholes like Adobe and Getty rubbing their hands and seeing some way through this nonsense to somehow monetise right clicking Jpegs ?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

now i'm imagining some intrepid captain of industry making a special device with a camera proof screen and no ports that can connect to the internet and then make an nft site that will only display the images when it's loaded on that device, just to stop the vile right clickers

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

SubG posted:

it's the same as export as jpg but it pegs your gpu for several hours

Adobe creative smog

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

smellmycheese posted:

is it too tinfoil hat of me to see assholes like Adobe and Getty rubbing their hands and seeing some way through this nonsense to somehow monetise right clicking Jpegs ?

It’s not a conspiracy theory if it’s actually happening lmao

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

personally i think that nfts have already perfectly solved the right click save as "problem" by making dozens of series of artwork so bad and derivative that no one in their right mind would want to save them locally for later viewing

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Boxturret posted:

personally i think that nfts have already perfectly solved the right click save as "problem" by making dozens of series of artwork so bad and derivative that no one in their right mind would want to save them locally for later viewing

It’s like every “do not want” vs “do want” meme.

Do not want: poo poo art for free

Do want: paying for poo poo art

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Boxturret posted:

now i'm imagining some intrepid captain of industry making a special device with a camera proof screen and no ports that can connect to the internet and then make an nft site that will only display the images when it's loaded on that device, just to stop the vile right clickers

I'd put a bug bounty on that just to spite cryptophiles

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
https://twitter.com/aaronreynolds/status/1453201022890004485

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

no you see the telegraph has to accept bitcoin so i can not pay using that instead, it's the principle of the thing

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i do wonder where all these ntfsers are getting hundreds of thousands of money to throw around at a picture of a smoking ape in a hat

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Boxturret posted:

i do wonder where all these ntfsers are getting hundreds of thousands of money to throw around at a picture of a smoking ape in a hat

i just assumed it all came from pump and dumps of other crypto they converted to etherium and can't practically do anything else with since it'd crash the price / they'd have to pay taxes on it / they'd go to jail

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

dodgy art deals are a pretty classic money laundering scheme though, so maybe some of them will finally be able to cash out their dirty money now.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i can't imagine anyone spending hundreds of thousands of dollars they actually earned on any of this poo poo, but it makes a lot more sense if it's funded by imaginary made-up bullshit numbers they acquired through imaginary made-up bullshit.

also there's prolly a big dose of that whole microtransaction psychology trick mobile games do of requiring that you first buy abstract poo poo you can't intuitively value like "gems" or "crystals" or whatever, except in the complete opposite direction. like "99 eth" definitely feels a whole lot less real than four hundred thousand actual dollars

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Shame Boy posted:

i just assumed it all came from pump and dumps of other crypto they converted to etherium and can't practically do anything else with since it'd crash the price / they'd have to pay taxes on it / they'd go to jail

i just assume that everyone with a monkey avatar or whatever was one of the suckers that bought in with a "founder's deal" for like $100 and are flouting their wise business decision by pointing to the paper prices of monkey jpegs (and hyping it up trying to find a bigger sucker to dump on)

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Shame Boy posted:

i can't imagine anyone spending hundreds of thousands of dollars they actually earned on any of this poo poo, but it makes a lot more sense if it's funded by imaginary made-up bullshit numbers they acquired through imaginary made-up bullshit.

also there's prolly a big dose of that whole microtransaction psychology trick mobile games do of requiring that you first buy abstract poo poo you can't intuitively value like "gems" or "crystals" or whatever, except in the complete opposite direction. like "99 eth" definitely feels a whole lot less real than four hundred thousand actual dollars

Tether's pumped $60bn of fake money into the crypto 'economy', so...

None of the money is real. If the 'crypto rich' assholes tried to cash out, they'd crater the price and bankrupt the exchanges in the process.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Can I... lick the cube?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

buddy,

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

Liquid Communism posted:

Tether's pumped $60bn of fake money into the crypto 'economy', so...

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

orange juche posted:

Can I... lick the cube?
it's called gleaming the cube

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Cube is inferior to

inanimate. Carbon. Rod.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Shame Boy posted:

no you see the telegraph has to accept bitcoin so i can not pay using that instead, it's the principle of the thing

tbh i can get behind this dude not wanting to pay any money at all to read the telegraph

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Boxturret posted:

But I want to see the original, not some copy recreated on a screen. If there's a frame buffer and RAM involved, it's a copy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Fame Douglas posted:

But I want to see the original, not some copy recreated on a screen. If there's a frame buffer and RAM involved, it's a copy.

oh god i think you somehow just figured out the appeal behind that tungsten cube