Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I've been watching and reading real news sources and wow! I can't believe China is the cause of every problem ever in my life. When do we invade or better yet drop a nuke? We really need to show them the western hegemony will not tolerate barbarism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Antonymous posted:

the main article about the baldwin killing that's being shared on the chinese internet lists two main mistakes that the production made that lead to the shooting

1. the union people were treated so bad they had to leave and they were replaced by scabs
2. the scabs were black

obv. this is just a loving stupid reporter but

since the scabs weren't black and the below-the-line people responsible didn't walk off the set in the first place this seems more like an issue of misinformation being widely and easily shared than anything else

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Yes, she was the self taught daughter of a famous hollywood armorer lmao.

you see in a normal country, nepotism takes precedence over the most basic of gun knowledge

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/business/status/1453148969538887685?s=20

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Maybe he should ask the Cubans how they got an amazing strike-anywhere-on-the-planet weapon at 0.01% of the US military budget

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

China please my country yearns to be first striked

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

interesting story, coming right on the tails of another article this week where raytheon was complaining about how leaving afghanistan is going to reduce their revenues

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
those masks are whats really killing you, says covid ceo

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Judakel posted:

those masks are whats really killing you, says covid ceo

the f-35 doesn't suck, says the pilot whose career depends on it

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
What's interesting about all these hypersonic article is that the 2 tests were made in Aug. And all these articles from FT and DW and whatever (now Bloomberg) all came out after mid Oct. So it looks like the US MIC is trying to get some funding. The latest article doesn't even quote "someone in the know", just straight up Raytheon CEO.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Its military budget passing season which is part of the reason why every defense contractor is bringing up how far we are behind China and how many billions of dollars in contracts it will take to fix that

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Feldegast42 posted:

Its military budget passing season which is part of the reason why every defense contractor is bringing up how far we are behind China and how many billions of dollars in contracts it will take to fix that

Those contractors really know how to milk money. Bezos apparently picked up a shitload of Lockheed Martin and Boeing contractors for Blue Origin, lmfao.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
xi drop the nuke

hit the war button

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Feldegast42 posted:

It's like rewarding a puppy whenever it shits on the floor.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Those contractors really know how to milk money. Bezos apparently picked up a shitload of Lockheed Martin and Boeing contractors for Blue Origin, lmfao.

Milking implies the mark isn't owned by the handlers to begin with, which is lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

xi drop the nuke

hit the war button

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

but it says MAD

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

going with the assumption that Raytheon c e o isn't just making poo poo up to get more money (he is), how on earth do you square this with the military budget of USA vs China and how thats allocated if like a hundred times the spending produces five times worse results?

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

going with the assumption that Raytheon c e o isn't just making poo poo up to get more money (he is), how on earth do you square this with the military budget of USA vs China and how thats allocated if like a hundred times the spending produces five times worse results?

with truly incredible amounts of hookers, cocaine, and cushy sinecures lined up carefully

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

my bony fealty posted:

excuse me, do you not know that capitalist markets are the most efficient at resource allocation?

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
efficiently allocating money into pockets

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

my bony fealty posted:

It gets burnt up, figuratively and literally, on buying up food, fuel, ammunition, clothing, batteries, etc. in quantities measured by hundreds of thousands metric tons in order to replace all the earlier consumables used up in whichever one of our current undeclared wars we have going on at the moment. And then there's the matter of paying the people in charge and in possession of the fancy weapons and supplies on a reliable and regular basis because not doing so means that in the best case the people with guns sell off their guns to the locals for food. The worst case being they go looting the locals, become warlords, or throw a coup or something because that's the fastest way to go from starving to not starving.

The very obvious and workable solution of not fighting wars all across the globe in order to actually buy the new fancy toys is of course is ruled out by the political elite.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

isnt the 'military budget' separate from the spending on boots on the ground budget so it's even worse than some might imagine lol

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
vyelkin mentioned the new US military budget proposal of $1.5 trillion for 85 F-35s in the succ thread.

poorBearXi head asplodes as he learns his enemies will have carrier jets that are more expensive than their carriers each

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

xi drop the nuke

hit the war button

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
president Xi please save us my doughnuts came out soggy from my local Dunkin Donuts

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

president Xi please save us my doughnuts came out soggy from my local Dunkin Donuts

I'm sorry to report

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
how does the supply chain fall apart in a way that we can manufacture muffins and bagels but not donuts

:psyduck:

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
our country longs for donuts. Xi Jinping please send Dongfeng-41 intercontinental ballistic missiles to solve this issue

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

John Charity Spring posted:

our country longs for donuts. Xi Jinping please send Dongfeng-41 intercontinental ballistic missiles to solve this issue

some rocket nerd somewhere has had to have suggested using icbms to deliver food

would probably be a more effective form of humanitarian intervention than what we've been doing for a while

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

how the hell does loving doughnuts end up being affected by global supply chain issues loooolll america please get a grip

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Al-Saqr posted:

how the hell does loving doughnuts end up being affected by global supply chain issues loooolll america please get a grip

if the place that sells donuts does not have donuts then i think something in the supply chain that supplies the donut place with donuts is not working

this is not indicative of imminent starvation, it is just a legitimately funny thing to happen to the donut store hence the :psyduck: and the jokes about xi liberating us with donut icbms

Goast has issued a correction as of 10:08 on Oct 27, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's impossible to do things like 'pay truck drivers a living wage' or 'set routes that give them time to eat and sleep and take a poo poo'.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

this is why doughnut shops should be their own bakeries the way god intended

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Al-Saqr posted:

forcing millions of working poor to expose themselves to a deadly virus has somehow lead to a shortage of working poor willing to expose themselves to a deadly virus

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
look at these jamokes who can't grow the dough :smug:

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Al-Saqr posted:

this is why doughnut shops should be their own bakeries the way god intended

preach brother :cheerdoge:

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Sorry. Don't got the corporate approved flour this week.

A week later:

Sorry. Flour expired and we don't got the corporate approved glazing sugar.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Sorry. Don't got the corporate approved flour this week.

A week later:

Sorry. Flour expired and we don't got the corporate approved glazing sugar.

in that world they would have no muffins or bagels to replace the donuts with

luckily we do not currently live in that world because the lack of donuts, bagels or muffins would be the least of our worries

so i hope for continued peaceful cooperation between the United States of America and the People's Republic of China to ensure a steady supply of food, most importantly of all donuts, to both of our peoples

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah, I don’t know if an economic blockade by China would work as smoothly as people think considering the state of things.