Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

StrangersInTheNight posted:

at this point i would not be surprised if we found out alec baldwin himself was posting in this thread, just given some of the weird-rear end takes

If Alec were among us we'd know. There would be a trail of bodies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Thundercracker posted:

Lol. Which famous celebrity is this idiot related to that he keeps getting hired.

Probably more that he gets things under budget by cutting as many corners as possible and doing unethical stuff, so people want to hire him because they only care about the bottom line.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

quote:

The account by Mr. Souza explained why Mr. Baldwin had been pointing the gun at the cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins. But it did not answer the question of how a gun that was not supposed to contain live ammunition wound up killing her.

The director, who was wounded in the shooting, told investigators that he had believed that the gun was safe and that it had been described as a “cold gun” in firearm safety announcements. He said that guns on the film’s set were typically checked by the film’s armorer, Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, and then checked again by Dave Halls, the assistant director, who would hand them to the actors.

On film sets, the order of who handles a weapon typically involves a precise sequence, several armorers in the industry said. But actors had been handed guns on the set by both Mr. Halls and Ms. Gutierrez-Reed, according to a producer of “Rust” who asked not to be named because of the ongoing investigation.

On Thursday, after preparing for the scene in a set of a church, Mr. Souza told investigators, there was a lunch break, and the crew was taken by shuttle elsewhere for food. He said that they returned to the set after lunch but that he was “not sure if the firearm was checked again.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/24/arts/baldwin-shooting-details.html

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

The obvious solution is to just have all gunfights be like that one scene in mgs(4?5?) with the finger guns.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

They don't have catering? Everybody has to pile into a bus and go to Arby's? This is not what the movies have lead me to believe about the movies.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

quote:

Criminal charges have not been ruled out in the fatal accidental shooting by Alec Baldwin on the Rust film set, the local district attorney handling the case has said in an interview.

Speaking with the New York Times on Tuesday, the Santa Fe county district attorney, Mary Carmack-Altwies, also said it was incorrect to refer to the firearm used in the incident as a “prop gun”, as media reports have.

“It was a legit gun,” Carmack-Altwies told the paper. “It was an antique, era-appropriate gun.”

The prosecutor said an “enormous amount of bullets” had been found on the set and an investigation was needed into the nature of that ammunition.

On the subject of possible charges, she told the Times: “Everything at this point, including criminal charges, is on the table.”

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/oct/26/rust-film-set-shooting-alec-baldwin

Who brought an "enormous amount of bullets" onto the set and why?

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
I hear Alec Baldwin has been offered the role of the emperor in the second part of Dune. Kanye West will co-star as Feyd.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Lolie posted:

How else are you meant to protect the cast and crew from covid?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Lolie posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/oct/26/rust-film-set-shooting-alec-baldwin

I imagine being able to shoot with a real life antique colt firearm was part of the attraction for a lot of the scab crew.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Pew pew

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

pentyne posted:

I imagine being able to shoot with a real life antique colt firearm was part of the attraction for a lot of the scab crew.

nobody in america needs to go to this much trouble to shoot a cool gun

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Making movies is like Chinese dinner; it’s not over till somebody gets shot

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Lolie posted:

i heard alec baldwin doggedly harassed the old crew, purposely performed badly, called them hateful slurs and intentionally booby trapped guns on set to orchestrate a walk off, so that he could compel his army of thralls to take up residence at bonanza creek ranch, and, once infested, they scoured the landscape for any and all ammunition they could get their hands on, and returned it all to lich lord alec to construct an enormous throne of bullets composed of various calibres and manufacturers whereby lord baldwin could command his undead legions on to further conquests. i heard that from my father-in-law who is a new mexico detective

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

listen man, unions, scabbing eat the rich etc

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Did you know he was a CO-WRITER!?

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i heard alec baldwin doggedly harassed the old crew, purposely performed badly, called them hateful slurs and intentionally booby trapped guns on set to orchestrate a walk off, so that he could compel his army of thralls to take up residence at bonanza creek ranch, and, once infested, they scoured the landscape for any and all ammunition they could get their hands on, and returned it all to lich lord alec to construct an enormous throne of bullets composed of various calibres and manufacturers whereby lord baldwin could command his undead legions on to further conquests. i heard that from my father-in-law who is a new mexico detective

I’ve been hearing this from my nephew who edits muzzle flashes part time

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Lolie posted:

you know what a pain in the rear end it would be if they had to get them from their cars to shoot during their lunch break and not leave the set?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Did you know "CO" stands for 'Committed obliterator'?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
And You Will Know It's Starring Alec Baldwin By The Trail of Dead

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
RIGHT TO WORK! RIGHT TO WORK!

I don't know how blanks work or what a firing pin is but I know that we got a RIGHT TO WORK!

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

StrangersInTheNight posted:

at this point i would not be surprised if we found out alec baldwin himself was posting in this thread, just given some of the weird-rear end takes

Pretty sure Big Beef City is Alec Baldwin. He's consumed by hate because he's under a spotlight right now and hasn't been able to kill anyone for several days. The next time you see him make a friendly post do not rejoice for it has been paid with blood of innocents

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Alec Baldwin killed the Black Dahlia

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Icochet posted:

Pretty sure Big Beef City is Alec Baldwin. He's consumed by hate because he's under a spotlight right now and hasn't been able to kill anyone for several days. The next time you see him make a friendly post do not rejoice for it has been paid with blood of innocents

I honestly have never seen a longer rap sheet in my life.. Especially with all the probs and only 1 ban

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

1 probe = 1 human life

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

sure okay posted:

Further investigation reveals the crew mixed all their blanks and live rounds into a big "take a bullet, leave a bullet" bowl next to the catering tables.

Goddamn, lol.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Nuts and Gum posted:

Yeah this is the most logical, every movie gun is a CO2 based air gun that can kick the slide back but no flash/explosion on set. These would be designed to not even take ammunition as it wouldn’t be necessary.

But then the gun foamers might complain.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Maybe all movies should be cool scifi movies wuth badass laser guns so they wouldnt actually be real and no one could get hurt jnstead of some pussy old western movies :allears:

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Nah, they should just replace the crew and cast with robot endoskeletons.

Also while we're at it, hook all the neural networks to the nukes, and only if they've been trained on social media.

especially the sweary racist ones.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I haven't seen a movie in a while, don't they use those fancy computer machines to simulate those hand cannons shooting people?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Yes but we made the computer machines to smart and they turned on us, now they just lust for blood.

...so far the resistance has yet to send anyone back in time to protect us from Baldwin. :(

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I think a novelty open/closed sign where instead of closed it says “gone plinkin” would be a fun sign for like an Applebee’s

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Lolie posted:

rumors on the tiktok internets were claiming the armoror was literally shooting real bullets for fun off set :iiam:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

It's times like this I'm glad that I'm in a different country to Alec "Harbinger of doom" Baldwin, though it's of little solace when I'm trying to fall asleep at night. I don't know if borders can stop him.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Why'd you do it

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Computer Serf posted:

rumors on the tiktok internets were claiming the armoror was literally shooting real bullets for fun off set :iiam:

going lunch break plinking with the prop guns is cool and normal

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Computer Serf posted:

I mean apparently other people were plinking with her guns so it makes sense she would be too.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Lolie posted:

If they have to "investigate the nature of the ammunition" they're probably referring to all the rounds including blanks and stuff. There's probably a poo poo ton of rounds to sort through even before you get to the normal rear end bullets some idiot brought onto the set.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

police arrived on scene to find bullets literally everywhere... old timey barrels filled to the brim with bullets, a pair of cowboy boots taken off outside the saloon overflowing with bullets, bricks of ammunition stacked up to create a massive ornamental bullet like walmart stacks soda cases. every door and cupboard they opened comically bursting open and flowing forth with bullets. after some of the commotion had settled down and alec baldwin agreed to speak with them, he sheepishly removed his 10 gallon hat and let out a torrent of cartridges from beneath, showering down around him. rumour is that alec forced the crew to eat bullets from bowls and plates daily to "immerse themselves" in the setting. when offered water to quench the thirst of the officers due to the sweltering desert heat, baldwin produced and poured from a large pitcher of bullets into their cups, profusely apologizing "sorry sirs, it's all we have around set, we're staying in character for when production resumes haha"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

SilvergunSuperman posted:

If only he’d written the scene so that he gave her flowers instead of shooting her, that lady would still be here today.