Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Nitr0 posted:

I remember back in 2006??? I worked a graveyard lumber mill job. I had an xm2go myfi sat radio receiver that could record and I had it plug into your pc via aux.

I created some scripts to record O&A, dump the mp3 to my computer, and then add to iTunes so if everything was plugged in, it would be on an iPod nano that I had rigged up to my hardhat so I could listen to radio shows every night and it would take up at least half my shift to make it less monotonous.

Good times.

I always wondered how people recorded them back then. That's awesome. I still have my Stiletto 2 haha

Nitr0 posted:

That’s lame as all heck. I’d assume the entire back catalog is on there.

Should email Sirius and bitch

Yeah you'd think since they have the rights to them they'd all be available in the app.

The show is around 4 hours long and even at only three days per week it can be really hard for me to listen to every second. I usually only have time when running or doing chores like washing the dishes. So yeah I'm usually way behind the 10 or so the app goes back to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Does Slug ever open registration or is always invite only?

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Oldstench posted:

They do but it's only every once in a while and not for very long. People use something to monitor r/usenet for threads named "drunkenslug registration open" or whatever. I think it's this https://ifttt.com

You could also try posting on r/UsenetInvites. Looks like someone just received one just a few hours ago.

PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!

more falafel please posted:

Is there a way I can limit how much Sonarr will queue up "Wanted" releases? I'm on a bandwidth cap on Comcast, and occasionally I look at it and realize it's queued up like 2TB worth of seasons from a show that's in my library but incomplete. I can pause the ones that get added and just keep them in my NZBget queue forever, but I'd rather give it a limit of, say, 500 GB/month for old releases.

I don't know if it's the best or only way, but I have it set to add stuff that's more than 2-3 weeks old to the queue as paused by default. That way it'll be there when I occasionally check, but it won't just automatically blow through 200GB of my cap on something that could wait until the next month. Generally I manage my monthly data pretty well, and just add things on the last day of the month to get just under my cap.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Oldstench posted:

I asked on Reddit and someone gave me one. I think I have one or two, if you haven't got one by the time you see this post feel free to dm me :)

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

sedative posted:

They do but it's only every once in a while and not for very long. People use something to monitor r/usenet for threads named "drunkenslug registration open" or whatever. I think it's this https://ifttt.com

You could also try posting on r/UsenetInvites. Looks like someone just received one just a few hours ago.

Gotya. The problem with /r/UsenetInvites is you have to be "verified" before you can request an invite. Otherwise I guess you just wait until someone else posts that they have invites to give out.

alexandriao posted:

I asked on Reddit and someone gave me one. I think I have one or two, if you haven't got one by the time you see this post feel free to dm me :)
That's very kind. <3

I really hope this doesn't circumvent the no invite discussion rule. I was just curious, not soliciting.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

alexandriao posted:

I have 7 - shoot me your email via PM if youd like one

sorry in advance for the invite discussion!

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
I forgot I even had a Slug account, but man is that free tier awful. Limited to five downloads a day, even if straight from the site (rather than API).

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Slug more often than not throws unavailable errors in my setup and I rarely if ever pull anything from it.

Seems to be a pretty lovely indexer, nzb.su and nzbgeek work well enough for me.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Slug is great for me :shrug:

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Slug more often than not throws unavailable errors in my setup and I rarely if ever pull anything from it.

Seems to be a pretty lovely indexer, nzb.su and nzbgeek work well enough for me.

I've never had this problem, and I have thousands of pulls from Slug; actually about 10× more than I have from Geek despite them being the same priority. I'd guess it's an issue in your setup somewhere.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

My other indexers all chug along perfectly happy so if it’s in my setup it’s something slug-specific, and I apparently don’t need it enough to justify looking for a problem so :shrug:

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

What would you all say is the best but hardest-to-get-into Indexer?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That's a more complicated question than you realize, and also the reason my answer is vague.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
There's only two really private ones that are anal about not being mentioned, the one with the shorter name is the much better of the two imho.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I find it unfortunate that we can talk freely about doing drugs all day in infinite detail but have extremely ineffective rules about usenet piracy that just make everyone tiptoe around without really solving anything.

Not that anyone cares, but it feels like we're talking about the exact same stuff we would otherwise except we're using vague code words.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Taima posted:

I find it unfortunate that we can talk freely about doing drugs all day in infinite detail but have extremely ineffective rules about usenet piracy that just make everyone tiptoe around without really solving anything.

Not that anyone cares, but it feels like we're talking about the exact same stuff we would otherwise except we're using vague code words.

The copyright industry has won cases over links to copyrighted content being posted, so forums requiring another step further away from the line is just self preservation.

I'm not aware of cops ever going after web sites over people talking about drugs as long as they're not using the forums to sell or get hookups (which you'll note even hinting at is equally against the rules).

It's about what poses a risk to the forums.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I forgot I even had a Slug account, but man is that free tier awful. Limited to five downloads a day, even if straight from the site (rather than API).

Drunken Slug often has stuff on no other indexers (I wish I knew the technical reason for that) but the only thing that sucks about them is they don't have lifetime memberships. I would gladly pay them $100 for a lifetime membership. I just can't stand the idea of monthly fees for certain things and that's one of them.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

That's a more complicated question than you realize, and also the reason my answer is vague.

Incessant Excess posted:

There's only two really private ones that are anal about not being mentioned, the one with the shorter name is the much better of the two imho.

I'm involved enough to know that there are these secretive trackers but not enough to know what they are or know anybody who'd invite me. I see a lot of people say, "everything is out here anyway, they can't be all they're cracked up to be," but it's impossible for me to tell if that's sour grapes.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Drunken Slug often has stuff on no other indexers (I wish I knew the technical reason for that)

They (or a member) are uploading the files to usenet themselves. They're not actually indexing usenet and discovering those exclusive things.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

disaster pastor posted:

I see a lot of people say, "everything is out here anyway, they can't be all they're cracked up to be," but it's impossible for me to tell if that's sour grapes.

My Hydra stats tell me that one of the private indexers does above average for unique results but even so, I wouldn't say it's a game changer by any means. If you are on two or three different indexers you're gonna find the vast, vast majority of stuff that's available.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

If you're not allowed to even speak the name of the forbidden indexers, how do they even work? Do I have to join a fight club to get in?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Not everyone adheres to their silly song and dance about secrecy and they do occasional invites like any other indexer.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Whatever you do, don't say their name three times while looking in a mirror.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Was thinking about nzbmatrix today

Shout out to all the Usenet OGs

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Are those secret indexer people going to enter the thread and say mean words to me if I mention them or what? I’m just lolling irl at thee dumb fight club rules.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

lordfrikk posted:

Are those secret indexer people going to enter the thread and say mean words to me if I mention them or what? I’m just lolling irl at thee dumb fight club rules.

I don't even know what the indexers are, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that they both have policies of "if you talk about us publicly, you'll be banned from our fancy club". If you know what they are, but aren't a member there, I can't imagine there's any reason NOT to talk about them.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Mostly I just get by with NZB.su and a crippling fear of it going away.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

sedative posted:

They (or a member) are uploading the files to usenet themselves. They're not actually indexing usenet and discovering those exclusive things.

Oh wow so why don't other indexers show the drunkenslug uploads?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I was going to say, what makes an indexer special over another one if they are all indexing the same thing.

The usenets are complicated...

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Private indexers at least are not as annoying as the poo poo you have to get thru compared to private trackers. Have to keep logging in, seed times, share ratios, etc. I think some of them interview you like its a job. Glad I don't have to keep up with that anymore. Just be willing to pay in buttcoins and pray your favorite indexer doesn't close down after giving them money.

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

None have filled the hole that NZBs(dot)org left.

halokiller fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Oct 24, 2021

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ah the infamous what.cd interview…

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

and a randomly generated card with a limit every time from privacy.com.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

halokiller posted:

None have filled the hole that NZBs(dot)org left.

In a weird way I'm kinda glad they went away. I used that site for years and years, but just as an RSS feed that I would manually grab things that looked interesting and send them to sabnzbd. When NZBs(dot)org disappeared it was the impetus to completely redo my setup with Radarr/Sonarr etc, and now I'm rocking a 72TB Unraid server.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Oh wow so why don't other indexers show the drunkenslug uploads?

Because when things are posted properly it's impossible for anyone to know that it's posted. Articles are given fake names and fake subjects and they're spread across multiple groups. The only way to know what it is and piece it back together is to have the nzb that was generated when posting.

The upside is that those things don't get taken down anymore because copyright holders can't see them. The downside is that those posts are useless to anyone without the nzb from a specific indexer, so if the indexer disappears then everything they posted is gone for good.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
Is there a way of manually setting how sonarr/nzb hydra search for something.

There's a show whose TVDB ID doesn't seem to match up for season 1. If I manually search the show by name then I can see a bunch of results, but hydra is showing that sonarr is searching by TVDB ID so it's coming back with nothing.

Am I stuck with having to manually download and move each episode or is there anywhere I can set a custom search query for sonar to use?

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Incessant Excess posted:

That is some whack poo poo.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Tea Bone posted:

Is there a way of manually setting how sonarr/nzb hydra search for something.

There's a show whose TVDB ID doesn't seem to match up for season 1. If I manually search the show by name then I can see a bunch of results, but hydra is showing that sonarr is searching by TVDB ID so it's coming back with nothing.

Am I stuck with having to manually download and move each episode or is there anywhere I can set a custom search query for sonar to use?

you can probably do a manual import using sonarr to manually pair it with the show and then it will move/rename.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

Laserface posted:

you can probably do a manual import using sonarr to manually pair it with the show and then it will move/rename.

Thanks, in the end I just logged into hydra and queued the NZBs manually.
Once they were in NZBGet I changed their category to TV and Sonarr seemed to pick them up from there and handle the moving and re-naming automatically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Is Mylar3 bad or is the linuxsever.io container for it just not up to snuff? I’ve had to recreate it multiple times now due to basic stuff breaking and it’s just ungodly slow and unable to play ball well with indexers.