Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Facebook Aunt posted:

... in the UK. Do they still call them fanny packs there?

Nah, they're "bum bags".

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Has anyone lawyered up yet?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lolie posted:

Has anyone lawyered up yet?

I'm sure Baldwin was already well-lawyered. Doubt the ARMORER was, though.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
that's what you get for hiring scabs ye shits

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Facebook Aunt posted:

... in the UK. Do they still call them fanny packs there?

Vagina Bundle, actually

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

shocked to learn that alec baldwin has been carrying around hundreds of rounds of live ammunition on every set he's ever been on in something he calls his "pussy pack". is this an american thing?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

jb dix would be furious over that level of carelessness from an armorer

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Pretty wild reports about the last scene they shot where Alec went off script and improvised a 10 minute tirade about how he was going to shoot someone in the cast. How they thought he didn't have a loaded gun, but he actually did, and this wasn't for a movie he meant the actual cast shooting the movie.

The director didn't yell cut because he still thought Alex was being metaphorical, doing heartfelt commentary about the state of the wild west

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

shocked to learn that alec baldwin has been carrying around hundreds of rounds of live ammunition on every set he's ever been on in something he calls his "pussy pack". is this an american thing?

we call them fanny packs, but it's usually worn facing the front so idk why.

Oh poo poo, I guess in Knifecrime Island it would be a true fanny pack. huh...

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

rad daddy o posted:

we call them fanny packs, but it's usually worn facing the front so idk why.

Because the pussy is in the front.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Gutcruncher posted:

Vagina Bundle, actually

In the midst of these dark times this made me smile.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

‘Rust’ AD Admits He Didn’t Check Rounds Before Handing Gun to Alec Baldwin

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/rust-shooting-armorer-live-ammo-1235098840/

seems to be placing some amount of blame on Gutierrez

quote:

“I check the barrel for obstructions, most of he time there’s no live fire, she (Hannah) opens the hatch and spins the drum, and I say ‘cold gun on set,’” he told investigators. He added that he was not sure whether she spun the drum in this instance.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if i were him the only things i would be saying would be through a lawyer

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

I'm sick and fed up with you and your misinformation, the way you treat Alec is frankly disgusting. You're assassinating the character of a great man and I'm going to make it right.

Implying that there is unfired ammunition anywhere in a 10 mile radius of Mr Baldwin is an utter fabrication. He would not allow such a thing. Through sheer force of will does he cause every unspent cartridge to explode violently, each round targeting without flaw the weakest point of every living creature within its effective range. Humans, dogs, cats, mice, cockroaches, ants, tardigrades, each one a bullet piercing them fatally in a display of distilled misanthropy that would bring a tear to the eye of anyone capable of witnessing it. I hope you learn your lesson and move forward with a fresh perspective in your posting from now on.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
The 'ban all guns from film sets' is a pretty dumb overreaction. There have been thousands of movies made since Brandon Lee with no problem, and it took a combination of a crew doing target practice with guns from the set, an inexperienced armorer who leaves guns and ammunition lying around all over the place, and an assistant director who picks up a random weapon from a table and yells 'cold gun' without actually checking, to have this (very serious) accident.

With a safety culture that bad, just banning guns seems fairly useless and not addressing the actual problem, which is that none of those people should've been allowed anywhere near a film set.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

uXs posted:

The 'ban all guns from film sets' is a pretty dumb overreaction.

Ban all depictions of guns

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

punishedkissinger posted:

seems to be placing some amount of blame on Gutierrez

quote:

Gutierrez Reed also stated that the guns were kept secure in a safe in the prop truck during lunch, and that only a few people had access to the safe. She said that after lunch, Sarah Zachry, the film’s property master, got the firearms out of the truck and gave them to her.

“When Affiant asked about live ammo on set, Hannah responded no live-ammo is ever kept on set,” the affidavit states.
The first paragraph conflicts with the reports of them using the guns for target practice over lunch, and the second paragraph conflicts with the fanny packs full of ammo the cops took from the scene. This girl seems to have excellent judgment and a good head on her shoulders, I'm sure she knows it's long past time to shut the gently caress up and lawyer up before the rest of the people responsible for this set throw her under the bus

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Snowy posted:

Ban all depictions of guns

code:
*>===---/
    c| |
     | |
      \|

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
REMINDER: Gun is another word for pussy

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

uXs posted:

The 'ban all guns from film sets' is a pretty dumb overreaction. There have been thousands of movies made since Brandon Lee with no problem, and it took a combination of a crew doing target practice with guns from the set, an inexperienced armorer who leaves guns and ammunition lying around all over the place, and an assistant director who picks up a random weapon from a table and yells 'cold gun' without actually checking, to have this (very serious) accident.

With a safety culture that bad, just banning guns seems fairly useless and not addressing the actual problem, which is that none of those people should've been allowed anywhere near a film set.

yeah... they're gonna ban guns though from all film sets

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

not only are guns dangerous as props, but so are all stunts, set construction projects, and just being near others at all during a pandemic. live cinema production was a mistake and should be put to an immediate stop worldwide. we should return to reading these stories in print and use the power of our own imaginations to produce imagery and characters more fantastical and thrilling than could ever be captured on a medium as lifeless as film.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Bad Purchase posted:

not only are guns dangerous as props, but so are all stunts, set construction projects, and just being near others at all during a pandemic. live cinema production was a mistake and should be put to an immediate stop worldwide. we should return to reading these stories in print and use the power of our own imaginations to produce imagery and characters more fantastical and thrilling than could ever be captured on a medium as lifeless as film.

2D women? Ha! I have shed even the need for photons to enter my eyes. My male gaze penetrates skin bone and fleshhhhhhh

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

uXs posted:

I mean, this is coming from a lot of the safety and visual effects crews as well. If we have ways of making sets safer why the gently caress wouldn't we...

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

dr_rat posted:

I mean, this is coming from a lot of the safety and visual effects crews as well. If we have ways of making sets safer why the gently caress wouldn't we...

next you'll tell me cops shouldn't carry guns at all times, even while standing in line at chipotle. checkmate :smug:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

All movies should be animated by our nieces and nephews for pennies on the dollar

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Bad Purchase posted:

next you'll tell me cops shouldn't carry guns at all times, even while standing in line at chipotle. checkmate :smug:

Cops are burritos with guns. What's your next move?

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

uXs posted:

I dunno about calling it "fairly useless", seems like banning guns on movie sets would've been quite effective in this particular case where some dipshits passing around guns on a movie set led to a lady being shot to death with a gun on a movie set

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I just can’t accept a film that doesn’t have real guns or Frodo’s in it

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Mozi posted:

code:
*>===---/
    c| |
     | |
      \|

¬

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Mozi posted:

code:
*>===---/
    c| |
     | |
      \|

wow. are you trying to get jeffrey in trouble, please delete

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

If you print that out it will fire once.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde

PinheadSlim posted:

All movies should be animated by our nieces and nephews for pennies on the dollar

Cold guns should be COLD.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Too bad the bullet wasn’t silver because it would have had a mountain on it if it were cold enough

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Cops are burritos with guns. What's your next move?

i'm gonna eat that burrito, how is this even a question?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

Cold guns should be COLD.

You people complain everywhere you go.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

uXs posted:

ban all guns from film sets that don't put down a $10 million bond for accident medical care / loss of life payout

now the productions that can afford to hire a master armourer and do everything right can still have guns. and they'll do it so they can get their 10 mil back. and the rinky-dink films that are hiring known fuckups and 20-year-old bondage enthusiasts will have to use CGI.

plus good CGI isn't cheap either, so maybe some of these supposedly creative holywood people will be forced to think "hmmmm, what if a movie, but without guns?"

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Klyith posted:

plus good CGI isn't cheap either, so maybe some of these supposedly creative holywood people will be forced to think "hmmmm, what if a movie, but without guns?"

Why must you rob me of my one joy

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

it does seem wild to me that this crew of misfits and fuckups got insured at all

does anyone know about that process?

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Klyith posted:

As was pointed out earlier itt, it is pretty cheap to CGI muzzle flashes and since it's only over 2-3 frames, it's very trivial to "light up" the shot in the relevant areas in a matter of seconds.
You can do it right now in Photoshop (or GIMP), just put a new layer over a picture of someone shooting and use a large white (maybe orange-y) feathered brush over like a face and something close-by in the background... might want to roto that face with PS' quick selection tool again taking seconds... put that layer over as Overlay and play with opacity, for a frame or two that little flash works. An armorer costs a hell of a lot more and as a gun toucher is even dumber than a dumb computer toucher and prone to much more dangerous mistakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Mozi posted:

code:
*>===---/
    c| |
     | |
      \|

is this a threat?