Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

that's pretty rough. C- was the minimum passing grade in my day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
To be clear, I don't actually know what the percentage equivalents are to letter grades v:v:v, but I'd score HGS at about a 6/10.

"Nice first effort; needs work,"

Endorph posted:

i think theyre just writing brief episode reviews

More accurately observations and/or general opinions but yeah. I left off at the beginning of ep 6, and I probably won't finish it.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Oct 27, 2021

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Hmm

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

to be fair im not sure why what dub youre listening to would matter if youre deaf but also jesus at that response

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Endorph posted:

to be fair im not sure why what dub youre listening to would matter if youre deaf but also jesus at that response

prolly if you're not fully deaf you'd want to listen to it in a language you understand use the subtitles for support

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Endorph posted:

I think what they're trying to say is that animes with english only dubs have no subtitles at all, and no ability to turn any on.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Yes, also closed captioning isn't quite the same as subs. There's stuff like sound effects for instance.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

C- definitely doesn't warrant watching 6 more episodes in my book.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

C- definitely doesn't warrant watching 6 more episodes in my book.

enh, it depends. I put Cestvs (the anime, not the manga, let's be clear here) at the same score, but I liked the setting and characters enough to stick with it.
I'll never rewatch it, but I'm invested enough to see where it goes despite its production flaws.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

gorf: people should be allowed to criticize stuff

some guy: here are my criticisms of this thing

gorf: WOW MAD MUCH?? YOURE OBSESSIVE.

Something Awful has a bad history of hatewatching stuff. I was interpreting the posts in that light. My bad!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

big fan of c-

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

citrus minus

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if you like the story and characters in spite of the production issues why go with the version that has the production issues

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The Colonel posted:

if you like the story and characters in spite of the production issues why go with the version that has the production issues

Laziness. I just haven't gotten around to searching for it on mangadex yet. :effort:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Aurora posted:

citrus minus

thats what I call the Citrus Plus chapters that are about The Actual Protagonists Of The Manga instead of The More Interesting Side Couple

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf mei is a much better character in +

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

tbf mei is a much better character in +

She's okay and I could see why other people would like her more than I do, I just find her kinda dull tbh

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spiritus Nox posted:

thats what I call the Citrus Plus chapters that are about The Actual Protagonists Of The Manga instead of The More Interesting Side Couple

Harumi and Matsuri are the best. :hai:

Is it still like that now?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the only stuff below a C- that i've watched all the way through were blue spring ride (D), and ex-arm of course

the latter for obvious reasons, the former.. idk. when you start watching a shoujo romance and get 3 episodes in you kind of feel compelled to see it through... but boy was it boring and completely unfulfilling

i don't hatewatch though. i will trashwatch. maybe someday i will watch the hand shakers trilogy

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 27, 2021

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I'm always willing to watch at least the first episode of something. Maybe I'll like it, maybe I won't. :iiam:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the handshakers trilogy is tragic because coppelion was another gohands thing that was very endemic of their style only it actually looked pretty good

helps that the show took place in an irradiated bombed out city so the weird lighting actually made sense

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the idea of a third hand shakers is too powerful to exist sadly

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i think gohands are down & out after the tokyo babylon snafu so we might not see a new show from them for a while, alas

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, if you can't even make poo poo look good as plagiarists, you're hosed.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Acerbatus posted:

Is it still like that now?

Yes, it has Subtitles/CC->English(US) (or whichever dub language you're watching) as a menu option but it doesn't sub any of the dialogue/other audio, it's just for signs.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

why bother watching that mediocre western crap when there's a lot of way better western shows that are roughly similar that came out recently like idk amphibia or owl house instead

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Futaba Anzu posted:

why bother watching that mediocre western crap when there's a lot of way better western shows that are roughly similar that came out recently like idk amphibia or owl house instead

Cause I'm too cheap to pay for any other service right now. :banjo:

The only show that looks remotely interesting elsewhere is Foundation on Apple TV+, and I'm not going to sub until it's fully uploaded.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I need to watch more of Owl House, I like American Ryoko

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://files.catbox.moe/9s3d8h.mp4

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Lmao the reincarnated as a slime gacha got released globally and you do a warcrimes limit break within three minutes of starting the game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

It's not a warcrime if the concept hasn't been invented yet! :pseudo:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://files.catbox.moe/xzq8as.webm

noir kinda the GOAT

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

kater posted:

Lmao the reincarnated as a slime gacha got released globally and you do a warcrimes limit break within three minutes of starting the game.

the real war crime is mobile games made after 2016 that still use loving bind codes

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Morning goons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKbSIIJELig

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

:blastu:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

episode 218 - partner

:(

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Add it to the pile https://twitter.com/animegirlnoises

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oh sick, someone picked corrector yui 2 back up, now I know what i'm streaming after halloween