Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

poll plane variant posted:

Also the only people with the community support to reproduce are pretty much already chuds, because churches/antivax mommy groups/Proud Boys/etc are the only activities outside of consuming and working that won't get stomped out relentlessly.

What the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Also the only people with the community support to reproduce are pretty much already chuds, because churches/antivax mommy groups/Proud Boys/etc are the only activities outside of consuming and working that won't get stomped out relentlessly.

What do you mean by "community support" and activities being "stomped out relentlessly"? I think this doesn't really match my experiences or anything I've heard from people in the US at all, but I'm also not sure exactly what you're saying.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Ok this is horseshit and not productive. I don't even want to try to understand this and it's useless drivel that isn't true

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

enki42 posted:

What do you mean by "community support" and activities being "stomped out relentlessly"? I think this doesn't really match my experiences or anything I've heard from people in the US at all, but I'm also not sure exactly what you're saying.

That if you're not right-wing you're more likely to be hideously atomized and alienated and overworked to the point that kids don't even seem like a viable option, but the Right is coddled and has their social structures fully intact instead of obliterated by capital/the security state. They're going to be reproducing more because their entire lifestyle isn't hammering the "you are not in a position to have kids" button in the same way everyone else's is.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

This is seriously warped and I know there's zero percent chance you can back this up with any actual data. Drop it unless you can prove me wrong; do yourself a favor and log off your outrage twitter for a bit.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Let’s stop this weird misogyny to mention it’s not actually factually true women are less vaccinated. More “daddies” are unvaccinated than those loathsome female breeder mommies who are basically nazis

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Let’s stop this weird misogyny to mention it’s not actually factually true women are less vaccinated. More “daddies” are unvaccinated than those loathsome female breeder mommies who are basically nazis

Like i said there's a serious problem with new mother support groups, mainly tied into preying on them for mlm scams by the leaders of them. They push antivax and other things in order to sell their products, many times at the cost of the childs health. It's a situation that has come about because of social media, and is rampant on Facebook groups. It's only recently that the hospitals started realizing what was going on and trying to fix it.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

That if you're not right-wing you're more likely to be hideously atomized and alienated and overworked to the point that kids don't even seem like a viable option, but the Right is coddled and has their social structures fully intact instead of obliterated by capital/the security state. They're going to be reproducing more because their entire lifestyle isn't hammering the "you are not in a position to have kids" button in the same way everyone else's is.

This feels like you're taking a small difference in some average somewhere and magnifying it to the point that it's both incredibly exagerrated and universal. What do you mean by "more likely"? 5% more likely? 75% more likely?

enki42 fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 27, 2021

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Don't encourage it honestly, it's not real or correct. And it's just weird hosed up poo poo. There's a decrease in birth rates but its not as loving atrocious as whatever he's trying to push.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

The CDC/FDA + pharma also hugely hosed up research and messaging for pregnant women. Pharma because like children they failed to include them in research as quickly as safely possible (and our stupid completely decentralized system meant that the CDC could only urge them to go faster). The CDC because their vaccines & pregnancy information page had a big bolded "VACCINATION IS A PERSONAL CHOICE" section all the way up through August 11. We needed safety information at least by the time pregnant mothers hit their vaccination phase, and it wasn't ready. Now online information is a mishmash of outdated NOT RECOMMENDED and current pleas to vaccinate.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Don't encourage it honestly, it's not real or correct. And it's just weird hosed up poo poo.

Unrelated to the this, I really despise the sheer amount of MLM bullshit these days, five minutes on instagram you get loads of pyramid scheme essential oils as a cure for covid with the people posting massive, unmasked, unvaxxed MLM conferences with tons of cheering and screaming about being promoted to ultra super ruby diamond, all indoors, followed by the "we're all sick afterward but it's definitely not covid, taking essential oils then going to a bar later"

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Stickman posted:

The CDC/FDA + pharma also hugely hosed up research and messaging for pregnant women. Pharma because like children they failed to include them in research as quickly as safely possible (and our stupid completely decentralized system meant that the CDC could only urge them to go faster). The CDC because their vaccines & pregnancy information page had a big bolded "VACCINATION IS A PERSONAL CHOICE" section all the way up through August 11. We needed safety information at least by the time pregnant mothers hit their vaccination phase, and it wasn't ready. Now online information is a mishmash of outdated NOT RECOMMENDED and current pleas to vaccinate.

Honestly no, pregnant woman are a massive massive liability, and getting FDA permission to perform tests in them is a tremendous undertaking. This is literally because of the fact that teratogens can be hard to spot and animal testing doesn't always catch it. The FDA literally bases research like that on the risk of another thalamide drug happening, and disabling an unknown amount of children. While I understand what you mean the reality of doing testing on pregnant woman is meant to be extremely difficult, not just for the politics of it because holy poo poo that can be a massive ball of poo poo, but because of the risk for long term lifelong damages that would have ruined any chance for the vaccine to see the light of day. As it is one talking point is that the vaccine causes infertility and by loving god we can't get people to listen when it's proven false.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Biowarfare posted:

Unrelated to the this, I really despise the sheer amount of MLM bullshit these days, five minutes on instagram you get loads of pyramid scheme essential oils as a cure for covid with the people posting massive, unmasked, unvaxxed MLM conferences with tons of cheering and screaming about being promoted to ultra super ruby diamond, all indoors, followed by the "we're all sick afterward but it's definitely not covid, taking essential oils then going to a bar later"

Social media plays a massive part of this especially because a small amount of money can target a group of people that are at risk to fall for it. The essential oil stuff especially is specifically targeted to people that are scared of getting sick or looking for a solution to being sick, and prey directly on those people. It heavily hits and encourages antivaxx largely for the same ways, to make a market of people dedicated to the product.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Honestly no, pregnant woman are a massive massive liability, and getting FDA permission to perform tests in them is a tremendous undertaking. This is literally because of the fact that teratogens can be hard to spot and animal testing doesn't always catch it. The FDA literally bases research like that on the risk of another thalamide drug happening, and disabling an unknown amount of children. While I understand what you mean the reality of doing testing on pregnant woman is meant to be extremely difficult, not just for the politics of it because holy poo poo that can be a massive ball of poo poo, but because of the risk for long term lifelong damages that would have ruined any chance for the vaccine to see the light of day. As it is one talking point is that the vaccine causes infertility and by loving god we can't get people to listen when it's proven false.

We can disagree on whether the FDA should have pushed for faster ramping Phase 2s in pregnant women, but pregnant women having lower coverage than any other group is very much a result of that approach (and the subsequent hesitancy on the part of family doctors and OBGYNs to recommend vaccination when it was not recommended by the CDC). If your doctor says "no, don't get vaccinated" early in your pregnancy, it's much less likely you'll agree to it later. Mothers who give birth for the next 6 months will have been pregnant prior to recommendations and it's going to be a massive uphill battle in messaging. Current undercoverage is far and away beyond what we've seen with previous vaccinations recommended for pregnant women, at least relative to population coverage and the increased disease risk for pregnant women.

The rest of the issues like targeted messaging, etc, are important, but they're prevalent across other groups as well and they're not likely to as be as important as a lack of clear guidance in early pregnancy. That plus telling an already vulnerable population that their vaccination is a "personal choice" because their isn't enough data yet is inevitably going to result in them being pushed into online misinformation traps.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 27, 2021

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

It's honestly blisteringly fast how quickly this had proceeded, hell how quickly all the vaccine approvals have proceeded. Pfizer submitted initial data the end of September, but didn't submit the full EUA until October 8th. That's less than three weeks from submission (and it's a lot of data to review. Don't forget it's not just trial results) to VRBPAC voting to approve it.

It has very nearly taken as long to go from “novel virus identified” to “vaccine using novel platform administered under EUA” than it has to go from adult EUA to eleven-years-of-age EUA of that same vaccine.

Those milestones were January 7 and December 14 2020. The period between those dates is three hundred and forty-two days.

It looks like FDA and CDC are going to approve for eleven-year-olds before the adult EUA is itself three hundred and forty-two days old, but not by much. The breakeven point is the twenty-first.

I appreciate the effort that they, the people running the trials, and the kids who participated in the trials put in, I really do, but it boggles the mind that the design, manufacture, animal trials, phase one adult human trials, phase two adult human trials, and phase three human trials, of a vaccine technology that had never before been used in man nor beast, for a virus in a family humans have never been vaccinated against, went by nearly as fast as the verification that this stuff is safe and effective in eleven-year-olds, too.

I understand that the fundamental reason it’s taken so long is that the trials for age ranges under sixteen are run sequentially, so we’re looking at the length of two sets of trials for kids here, but this level of caution is wildly at odds with broader American policy that the pandemic is done, the vaccine stuck a fork in it, and kids can go back to school with no further consideration.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

a very much “live with the virus” friend who has every reason to lie says he still cannot taste or smell the way he used to. (caught it november last year.)

my wife’s uncle, total chud, said covid had him in a fog for a couple months. (also caught it november last year.)

my colleague who recently had covid said she still has lingering symptoms.

it is very much real you loving imbecile

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Dude you do realize and it's been discussed, that many of the issues are directly related to a physiological effect that occurs due to low blood oxygen. It's directly the same thing that happens with any patient that suffered from extremely low oxygen sats, it's just that covid causes it in a way that it's more visible.

It's directly why standard care is heparin drips, because the micro clots that form due to low O2 sats gently caress the hell out of entire body systems. It's honestly one reason we have seen such massive increases in kidney and heart problems post covid, it's not the disease but the actual effect of micro clots blocking capillaries and causing damage.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
How is that not an aspect of the disease?

Is diabetic neuropathy not a presentation of diabetes?

“It’s only diabetes if it’s copious quantities of honey-like urine. Otherwise, it’s sparkling suffering.”

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's neuropathy with diabetes, not neuropathy from diabetes

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Because it is done when you overcome covid, you only have long term coagulation issues like that if your lungs are so severely damaged by the bacterial super pneumonia that happens, and welp gently caress you you need a lung transplant (seriously these people aren't making it at all and that's the real issue). As the body recovers your sats go to normal levels, and the body starts to repair and fix things as normal on what it can. Your trying to put in a condition that is long term incurable and regardless will largely happen to a disease that does not become a chronic issue. It's apples to oranges comparison

It really is something that is not easy to explain well on my phone but clotting issues develop as blood chemistry goes out of norm, it's something we see in many many disease processes. It's just that covid is one of the first large scale ones that really brought this to the forefront of holy poo poo this is causing massive issues and in everyone not just a 80 year old with septic shock.

UCS Hellmaker fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 28, 2021

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Your trying to put in a condition that is long term incurable and regardless will largely happen to a disease that does not become a chronic issue. It's apples to oranges comparison

Diabetic neuropathy doesn’t get redesignated if a type-one diabetic person get a pancreas or islet transplant.

How is this not an analogous situation?

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Platystemon posted:

I understand that the fundamental reason it’s taken so long is that the trials for age ranges under sixteen are run sequentially, so we’re looking at the length of two sets of trials for kids here, but this level of caution is wildly at odds with broader American policy that the pandemic is done, the vaccine stuck a fork in it, and kids can go back to school with no further consideration.

For one I think you need to separate the running of the trials from American policy. Not that American policy shouldn't take into account the trial timelines, they should have, but that the trials don't take into account American policy and nor should they. It's not the US running the trials, it's Pfizer, and they aren't just being run for, or in the US. That's an extremely American-centric view. The US doesn't control the trials. This same trial is also for Canada, the UK, the EU, South America, Asia, Africa etc... The trial data needs to be acceptable for all of those places. Participants for the 5-11 phase also came from Spain, Finland and Poland as well as the US. Trials had to be coordinated in all those countries, not just the US just like the initial trials included data from Brazil, South Africa, etc... The vaccines and vaccine trials are global.

Second looking at how things changed from phase 1 to 2/3 I'm pretty sure some level of caution was warranted. An adult dose clearly wasn't tolerated well given they slashed the dosing to a third for 5-11s and a tenth for under 5s after phase 1. The good news is it looks like those reduced doses worked well! But that still needed to be validated for efficacy in a larger population as they did, not just for safety.

Whether Pfizer should have started phase 1 trials sooner for kids is certainly a valid criticism, as is the US opening up so soon while knowing that kid vaccinations wouldn't be ready until the late fall.

Mr Luxury Yacht fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 28, 2021

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
It's criminal that they didn't run every age group concurrently regardless of prepandemic policies and norms, right from phase 1

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Dude you do realize and it's been discussed, that many of the issues are directly related to a physiological effect that occurs due to low blood oxygen. It's directly the same thing that happens with any patient that suffered from extremely low oxygen sats, it's just that covid causes it in a way that it's more visible.

It's directly why standard care is heparin drips, because the micro clots that form due to low O2 sats gently caress the hell out of entire body systems. It's honestly one reason we have seen such massive increases in kidney and heart problems post covid, it's not the disease but the actual effect of micro clots blocking capillaries and causing damage.

I assume by "heparin drips", you mean therapeutic anticoagulation via heparin gtt or lmwh and not thromboprophylaxis, in which case no it is not standard of care for covid patients. Also, the hypercoaguability seen w covid has little to do w blood oxygen levels.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

It's criminal that they didn't run every age group concurrently regardless of prepandemic policies and norms, right from phase 1

No, I don't agree with this. You still abide by the regulations designed to keep kids and pregnant women safe during vaccine trials. The failure was in not mandating stricter NPIs remain in place until more age groups could be vaccinated, not in throwing caution to the wind and throwing kids into a different kind of peril.

I think there's plenty of criticisms to be made with how covid was handled in the US, but disregarding safety concerns in vaccine trials is not one of them, unless you want even more vaccine hesitancy and fuel for the anti-vax fire.

e: Also it's nothing personal and I'm not trying to bait a probe, just responding with my personal opinion.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Professor Beetus posted:

No, I don't agree with this. You still abide by the regulations designed to keep kids and pregnant women safe during vaccine trials. The failure was in not mandating stricter NPIs remain in place until more age groups could be vaccinated, not in throwing caution to the wind and throwing kids into a different kind of peril.

I think there's plenty of criticisms to be made with how covid was handled in the US, but disregarding safety concerns in vaccine trials is not one of them, unless you want even more vaccine hesitancy and fuel for the anti-vax fire.

e: Also it's nothing personal and I'm not trying to bait a probe, just responding with my personal opinion.

I agree with you in principle about strict NPIs and could not be a bigger fan of the China/Taiwan method, but the US government structure forbids effective NPIs. Our political system was never going to permit useful NPIs and so taking bigger risks with vaccines and therapeutics is really what's left. It's probably bad that this was the best option the nature of the judiciary and Senate and state powers allows, and the true ideal response would be questioning these, but that's outside the scope here.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Holy poo poo how do you not understand that doing testing on every age group at once would have led to no vaccine at all because of possible complications that would have been used to discredit them? It's been brought up multiple times in this thread why the FDA is so stringent. We already saw how big the outcry was with the Johnson and Johnson vaccine potentially causing a clotting issues, or the myocarditis scare people are doing with the mRNA vaccine. You need to get it in your head that rules are there to make it less likely a useful medication causes side effects in kids that could have been avoided that makes it so the drug or vaccine never comes out

StrangeThing
Aug 23, 2021

by Hand Knit

Why do you seem to keep insisting that COVID affects every age group equally despite all the evidence to the contrary?

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

StrangeThing posted:

Why do you seem to keep insisting that COVID affects every age group equally despite all the evidence to the contrary?

They're all seemingly equally contagious and the US plan is to vaxx our way out of covid with leaky vaccines while doing nothing else so here we are.

StrangeThing
Aug 23, 2021

by Hand Knit

They're all seemingly equally contagious and the US plan is to vaxx our way out of covid with leaky vaccines while doing nothing else so here we are.

If your concern is that children can transmit the virus while infected then yes, absolutely, that is a legitimate concern, but there is a mountain of evidence that suggests the vast, vast majority of unvaccinated children are well protected against harms from COVID.

Children should absolutely be vaccinated but suggesting it's criminal that trials didn't occur concurrently is really fkn weird.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
Hindsight is 2020. There's a lot we didn't know and still don't know (won't know for years) about the disease and course of the pandemic.

My go-to example is in March-April of 2020 when NYC got hit hard and what was all over the news? Ventilators. Huge numbers of ventilators are needed! Remember when Elon Musk made a big deal about buying and donating a bunch of BiPap machines which weren't actually what we thought we needed? Then our understanding of the disease evolved and we realized proning patients was often the answer and not intubation/ventilation.

If I could time travel I would definitely go back and stress the importance of vaccine trials for K-12 aged kids because they're going to lose a ton of socialization and educational progress by not being in-person, so vaccines should come as fast as they safely can for kids as well as adults to help facilitate that. Others have mentioned the obstacles in doing vaccine trials in children, it would take more time and expertise than I have to sift through all the information and see if/where the process could have been sped up.

The good news is the approval should be coming soon for ages 5-11 in the US.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

StrangeThing posted:

, but there is a mountain of evidence that suggests the vast, vast majority of unvaccinated children are well protected against harms from COVID.

That's a big assumption when we don't know the long term effects of covid for.the unvaccinated. Some kids have brain damage from it and some get long covid while others seem like it did nothing.

Sure I guess kids aren't dying from it?

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Fritz the Horse posted:

Hindsight is 2020.

New thread title

quote:

My go-to example is in March-April of 2020 when NYC got hit hard and what was all over the news? Ventilators. Huge numbers of ventilators are needed! Remember when Elon Musk made a big deal about buying and donating a bunch of BiPap machines which weren't actually what we thought we needed? Then our understanding of the disease evolved and we realized proning patients was often the answer and not intubation/ventilation.

I remember the ventilator panic and was going to say that we figured out "the answer" was just undertaking measures that stopped people from getting infected in the first place even though I should remember full well that most of the Western world got hit very hard.

In other news Australia has now approved booster shots for everyone irrespective of age or health status. Am I wrong or is that unusual? I thought the US etc were only currently recommending them for vulnerable groups.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-28/atagi-booster-shots-recommended-covid-vaccine/100565136

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

freebooter posted:

I thought the US etc were only currently recommending them for vulnerable groups.

Technically, kind of, but if you look into the definition of “vulnerable”, it includes persons with body mass index exceeding twenty‐five, which is seventy‐three percent of American adults in one stroke.

Add on to that everyone who has touched a cigarette in their life, everyone over sixty‐five years of age, literally everyone who got J&J’s shot more than two months ago regardless of any other status, persons at “increased risk for SARS-CoV-2 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting”, and persons “living with/caring for a person who is medically frail or immunocompromised or a child who is not eligible for COVID-19 vaccine or the inability to work or meet other personal obligations when infected, even if not severely ill with COVID-19” and the list of people who don’t qualify grows rather thin.

If you’re young, skinny, healthy, childless, you work at home, and you are financially set for life, perhaps you aren’t supposed to get a booster, but even then, you’re supposed to consider “level of community transmission” and “rates of COVID-19 vaccination in their community”, both of which are currently horrendous in every locale of the United States and will remain so for the foreseeable future.

Maybe if you’re you if you’re young, skinny, healthy, childless, you work at home, you are financially set for life, and you live in a utopian commune, then you can forego a booster.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Oct 28, 2021

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

freebooter posted:

Am I wrong or is that unusual? I thought the US etc were only currently recommending them for vulnerable groups.

It's extremely heterogenous because the US is a stupidly complex and often conflicting patchwork of federal-state-local (and tribal) regulation.

I live/work on a Native American reservation. Here is the IHS eligbility listing as of Sept 30 (a month ago)

People aged 65 years and older and adults 50-64 years with underlying medical conditions.
o Cancer
o Chronic Kidney Disease
o Chronic Lung Disease, including COPD, Asthma, Interstitial Lung Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Pulmonary Hypertension
o Dementia or other Neurological Conditions
o Diabetes (Type 1 or Type 2)
o Down Syndrome
o Heart Conditions (Such as Heart Failure, Coronary Artery Disease, Cardiomyopathies, Hypertension)
o HIV Infection
o Immunocompromised State (Weakened Immune System)
o Liver Disease
o Overweight and Obesity
o Pregnancy
o Sickle Cell Disease or Thalassemia
o Smoking, Current or Former
o Solid Organ or Blood Stem Cell Transplant
o Stroke or Cerebrovascular Disease, which affects blood flow to the brain
o Substance Use Disorders
• Residents aged 18 years and older of long-term care settings.
• People aged 18-49 years with underlying medical conditions based on their individual benefits and risks
• People aged 18-64 years at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission due to occupational or institutional settings and front line essential workers including health care workers
o Occupations at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission include front line essential workers and health care workers as previously detailed by the CDC
 First Responders (healthcare workers, firefighters, police, congregate care staff)
 Education Staff (teachers, support staff, daycare workers)
 Food and agriculture workers
 Manufacturing workers
 Corrections workers
 U.S. Postal Service workers
 Public transit workers
 Grocery store workers

edit: the above long list is people authorized by Indian Health Services to receive a booster as of Sept 30th, a month ago.

Fritz the Horse fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Oct 28, 2021

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Buckwheat Sings posted:

That's a big assumption when we don't know the long term effects of covid for.the unvaccinated. Some kids have brain damage from it and some get long covid while others seem like it did nothing.

Sure I guess kids aren't dying from it?

Could you please do me a favour and break down by percentage the proportion of children who experience the effects you just described.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

CelestialScribe posted:

Could you please do me a favour and break down by percentage the proportion of children who experience the effects you just described.

At the risk of being a science literacy pedant, I would be super interested in discussing research on COVID in children (let's say K-12?).

My day job is education, so this is all very relevant.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Fritz the Horse posted:

It's extremely heterogenous because the US is a stupidly complex and often conflicting patchwork of federal-state-local (and tribal) regulation.

Doesn't this literally cover like 90% or 95%+ of the US? Basically everyone old or not old and overweight or retail worker

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

CelestialScribe posted:

Covid is amongst the top ten causes of death for children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Covid is amongst the top ten causes of death for children.

Can you share your source? I googled but didn't see anything definitive or with the granularity I was hoping for. Just top 3 (accidents, congenital issues, cancer) and some aggregate of the long tail. Not contesting your claim, just want to learn more.