Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Reports with sensitive information including names and other identifying details redacted IS a thing, Roger. Something that happens all the time. Not to mention the victims publicly saying they didn't ask for this.

Fucken liar. That is so slimy, to try to USE the victims for your own purposes of non-disclosure. Just gross af

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1453403703097053194

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He is his fathers son I suppose

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

CharlestheHammer posted:

He is his fathers son I suppose

He didn’t ask for a PowerPoint.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Android Apocalypse posted:

I'm guessing the victims would have to consolidate and make a class action suit, right?

The WFT victims (cheerleaders, other women in the team org) already sued the team and settled. Not sure they can sue the NFL over the same thing.

I dunno how much they got in the settlement, but given all these emails would have been part of discovery imma say they asked for too little. They should all have gotten yacht rich from this.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He didn’t ask for an overhead projector.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/TyDunne/status/1453494801190506499

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

The NFL is a company. It's not like we vote for NFL commissioner. Who is he supposed to be working for?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Technically he supposed to work for the NFL which is not just the owners.

In practice however

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah the guy is a shill but Breer is being melodramatic. Of course he's not gonna release a bunch of poo poo about owners trafficking cheerleaders. It's crazy to think that he would do that.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

The only reason he torched Gruden is because Gruden called him a pussy.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

chamois posted:

Yeah the guy is a shill but Breer is being melodramatic. Of course he's not gonna release a bunch of poo poo about owners trafficking cheerleaders. It's crazy to think that he would do that.

I posit that it's crazy for that to be tacitly accepted by anyone.

(Not a dig at you btw, just our hellworld)

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Oh it's absolutely wretched stuff. Goodell must know so much awful poo poo that he just has to sit on and smile.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Please please please another owner slap fight

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/10/27/tanya-snyder-tone-deaf-remarks-owners-meeting?utm_source=reddit.com

quote:

During the afternoon’s privileged session—an owners-only period of the meetings with Goodell—Tanya Snyder followed a spirited back-and-forth between the commissioner and Raiders owner Mark Davis by standing to address the room with a prepared statement. She said she was sorry that the investigation had created so much negative attention and apologized to those affected by the investigation itself, such as Davis. She said the team wanted to move forward and went on the offensive.

Snyder said she and her husband had been extorted by their limited partners. She’d also told the group that neither she nor her husband were responsible for leaking the emails that wound up leading to Jon Gruden’s ouster in Las Vegas, and that her husband doesn’t even have an email account.

And while she showed regret that the matter wasn’t handled internally, she never took responsibility for her own or her husband’s role in the workplace climate in Washington, other than to say that the team would “get this right.”

--------
On Wednesday, two owners spoke publicly on the results of the investigation. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he was “very satisfied” with how the team and league had handled it. Conversely, Davis, the Raiders’ owner, said he believed the league should release a written report, “especially with some of the things that were charged.”

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

"I can't have leaked the emails. I don't even HAVE an email account!" :lol:

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Docjowles posted:

"I can't have leaked the emails. I don't even HAVE an email account!" :lol:

Every league in the US does this bold faced lying approach as if our media isn't willing to dig at all, and it always delays the problem for these people instead of outright fixing it. So what's the play, expect public pressure to die down? The team sucks. That should not matter in this case but it does. They can't distract from this poo poo on the field and they're too attention craving to let it die down off the field.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/BNoble75/status/1453730849329868813?s=20

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The team is bad.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The (another story) is about Trent Williams and that time the doctors ignored him asking about what wound up being cancer for six years https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/10/31/trent-williams-reveals-he-had-cancer-says-redskins-failed-test-it-six-years/

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

The (another story) is about Trent Williams and that time the doctors ignored him asking about what wound up being cancer for six years https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/10/31/trent-williams-reveals-he-had-cancer-says-redskins-failed-test-it-six-years/

rub some dirt on it it'll be fine

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Trent Williams can't prove he got the cancer playing football, so it's not Washington's responsibility to diagnose or treat it. :goonsay:

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/28/sports/football/roger-goodell-salary-nfl.html

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/billsimmons/status/1454104464344829952?s=21
More good reporting from the Washington Post.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Dear NFL,

I will take all the slings and arrows the media and fans can throw at me for half of what you pay Gooddell, please hit me up

Play
Apr 25, 2006

This is kind of what I've been saying, I'm a little puzzled at how the NFL has dealt with not only this issue but the Deshaun Watson thing. Goodell gets a lot of credit for some reason but consistently makes wrong decisions, he clearly thought both of these things would just go away on their own but they aren't. A response other then 'nuh uh, we won't do anything and you can't make us' could've helped to make it go away.

quote:

The fallout from Snyder’s affairs has tainted Goodell, league counsel Jeff Pash, and all of his fellow owners with a hint of corruption, and made them seem not just indifferent to harassment, but active enablers of it. This comes just as they were trying to make headway on matters like sexism, racism and homophobia. The league committed $250 million to a public campaign on social issues, trying to build a better image. Snyder acts as a one-man wrecking crew to all of it — and begs the question to Congress of whether his club is alone, and whether actionable sexual harassment isn’t rampant across the league.

That being said he still may be right that in the end it won't matter at all and nothing will happen to him or the NFL. Probably is, unfortunately.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I mean yeah the first sentence of that piece is

quote:

The NFL’s handling of Dan Snyder will wind up as a textbook case study of a business debacle.

and I can already tell you with complete confidence that this isn't true. It might end up in a marketing textbook as a PR debacle, but it won't end up in a business one because it won't affect their business in any measurable way.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Yeah I agree. It's a PR hit but the NFL is so popular it's not going to hurt much. The owner of one of their premier franchises got caught up in a sex sting and it was a blip! None of this WFT or Watson stuff is going to matter beyond the short term.

The mistake that's actually going to cost them, and actually will be a business debacle, is this whole relo mess they created with the city of St Louis. They are probably going to lose hundreds of millions of dollars.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Gruden update: He is gruntled

https://nypost.com/2021/11/12/jon-gruden-suing-nfl-roger-goodell-for-orchestrating-his-raiders-resignation/

posted:

Jon Gruden resigned from the Las Vegas Raiders, but he is not resigned to go away quietly.

The former Raiders head coach filed a lawsuit Thursday in Las Vegas against the NFL and commissioner Roger Goodell, accusing the league of “selectively leaking” the old racist, homophobic and sexist emails Gruden sent to former Washington Football Team president Bruce Allen. The suit alleged the leaks were a “malicious and orchestrated campaign” to destroy Gruden’s career.

“The complaint alleges that the defendants selectively leaked Gruden’s private correspondence to the Wall Street Journal and New York Times in order to harm Gruden’s reputation and force him out of his job,” Gruden’s attorney, Adam Hosmer-Henner, said in a statement. “There is no explanation or justification for why Gruden’s emails were the only ones made public out of the 650,000 emails collected in the NFL’s investigation of the Washington Football Team or for why the emails were held for months before being released in the middle of the Raiders’ season.”

The suit alleges the NFL pressured the Raiders to fire Gruden after the release of the old emails and “intimated that further documents would become public if Gruden was not fired.”

The lawsuit said Gruden lost a sponsorship deal with Skechers, was pulled from appearing in the Madden NFL 2022 video game and has had future employment and endorsement prospects damaged.

Gruden is seeking unspecified damages on seven claims, as well as punitive damages and attorneys’ fees.

While I doubt this will actually see court because it opens up pandoras box, it is an amusing development nonetheless

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Nodoze posted:

Gruden update: He is gruntled

https://nypost.com/2021/11/12/jon-gruden-suing-nfl-roger-goodell-for-orchestrating-his-raiders-resignation/

While I doubt this will actually see court because it opens up pandoras box, it is an amusing development nonetheless

I'm torn here. On the one hand, gently caress Gruden. On the other hand, this blowing up in Goodell's face is the most hilarious outcome.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The NFL will literally make Gruden a billionaire before they let this go to discovery.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

swickles posted:

The NFL will literally make Gruden a billionaire before they let this go to discovery.

Agreed, but that is still a hilarious outcome, because all that means is that people will really start digging.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

swickles posted:

All to protect Dan loving Snyder.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

All to protect Dan loving Snyder.

Probably not to protect Dan, no one likes Dan they just put up with him and don't care about him. If there wasn't other dirt in there I think they'd let him burn.

So...there's going to be other dirt and they'll settle and make Gruden unbelievably rich. More so than before of course.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

swickles posted:

Which will make the hard immediate turn on Gruden look even worse in hindsight. They are professional at optics disasters, and further trying to repress the emails will make them even more likely to leak.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
The emails all came from WFT's team email accounts. The NFL will easily get the lawsuit thrown out long before discovery.

Because it wasn't private communication, he was sending email to a team executive's official account. No reasonable expectation of privacy there. Sadly for Gruden, he's an idiot who was so accustomed to the old-ol-boy power network that he never thought twice about it.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Klyith posted:

The emails all came from WFT's team email accounts. The NFL will easily get the lawsuit thrown out long before discovery.

Because it wasn't private communication, he was sending email to a team executive's official account. No reasonable expectation of privacy there. Sadly for Gruden, he's an idiot who was so accustomed to the old-ol-boy power network that he never thought twice about it.

That doesn't really explain the leaks.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
https://nypost.com/2021/12/14/congress-asks-nfl-about-dan-snyder-potential-probe-interference/

posted:

Two members of Congress who already asked the NFL for transparency about a probe into sexual harassment and other improper conduct at the Washington Football Team are now asking the league to provide evidence of club owner Daniel Snyder’s interference with the investigation.

Rep. Carolyn Maloney, a New York Democrat who is chairwoman of the House Oversight Committee, and Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi, an Illinois Democrat who is chairman of the Subcommittee on Economic and Consumer Policy, made their latest request Tuesday.

This comes after a report posted on The Washington Post’s website said “lawyers and private investigators working on Snyder’s behalf took steps that potential witnesses … viewed as attempts to interfere with the NFL’s investigation.”

“While Mr. Snyder publicly stated that he wanted independent investigators to ferret out the truth, today’s reporting suggests that he was privately trying to obstruct the efforts of the very investigator he hired in an effort to conceal damaging information,” Maloney said in a news release issued by the Oversight Committee’s majority staff. “These disturbing revelations have only strengthened the Committee’s commitment to uncovering the truth in this matter.”
Krishnamoorthi said: “Snyder will stop at nothing. To get to the bottom of this story, (the) NFL must immediately turn over all evidence of Snyder’s interference and the other documents we requested over a month ago.”

Maloney and Krishnamoorthi sent a letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Oct. 21 seeking all documents and communication related to the probe.

Related story if you did not already read:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/12/14/daniel-snyder-nfl-investigation/

Not really surprised that the NFL is just ignoring them. Their plan is probably to just do that until it all blows over or some other news event buries it

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I still hold out hope that Snyder is ousted with a controversy so big it can't be ignored.

In the interim I'm visiting my sister & her family in Maryland so I guess I'll be tangentally exposed to WFT stuff.

No, they don't follow them or NFL in general. I'm just bracing for the only games I could see on TV be WFT or the Ravens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/MylesASimmons/status/1470841452326363136?s=20

lol