Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whypick1 posted:

Yeah, they kept it to be "finish one more Conqueror cycle after you collect 16 Watchstones", it's just now there's only 16 Watchstones to collect and that is A8. Bit weird to think of after being used to the old way for so longer, but wayyyyyyyyyyyy more streamlined.

God I'm so loving squishy and about to fight my first Sirus after this cycle, I can't wait to lose all my portals in phase 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I'm going Pohx's RF Inquisitor and it's been really fun so far. Outside of a few "being stupid in maps" rips I've been absolutely unkillable, everything dies as soon as I'm in range of it (and I have Infernal Cry if I want a full-screen instant clear for some of the crazier Scourge zergs), and having 90%/78%/78% max resists in poo poo gear + a huge constantly topping life pool has been great. Least stressful labs of my life (helps that you can ignore every mechanic thanks to regen).

yeah i think i went a little too heavy on the dot multiplier nodes and not enough on life. i have 4500 life with similar resists

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Couldn't sleep, so I killed a dude instead.

https://twitch.tv/videos/1188279126?t=49s

Ok, side question not regarding anything, but I'm having frequent issues with performance and this video caught my attention because your drive and shader bars aren't moving while mine are constantly spiking. What gives

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
After bricking my build in white maps, I found an easy way to proceed with only like 5c and almost no tree investment:

Buy a reverberation rod and the prophecy for it, kill A3 Piety to change it into Amplification Rod. Roll 3 blue, go to global 6666 and ask for Frost Auto Scout spectres, now you have an effective 6-link on a one-hander. Get Victario's Charity shield and Necromantic Aegis. Finally buy any Doedre's Skin, qual it up, and 5-socket it. Put in Ele Weakness, Frostbite, Punishment, Temp Chains, and Enfeeble.

Anywhere you drop a totem, the Frost Auto Scouts will wreck shop, and because of the way the curse limit works, you can still manually apply a Sniper's Mark to bosses, which makes the projectiles split and kill the adds.

With no minion life/damage except for Death Attunement for the third Spectre, it's owning.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Hamelekim posted:

I keep having my fps drop to 20 with a 2080ti. If I close chrome it fixes my fps issue. It’s so odd but apparently I’m not the only one who has notice this issue.

Also if I go fullscreen from fullscreen windowed it fixes the issue.

Hey this thing helped me with that poe/chrome issue after getting new gpu:
in a new tab type chrome://flags and there ctrl+f "Choose ANGLE graphics backend", select OpenGL.

Doesn't help with overall poe performance tho :(

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Erulisse posted:

Hey this thing helped me with that poe/chrome issue after getting new gpu:
in a new tab type chrome://flags and there ctrl+f "Choose ANGLE graphics backend", select OpenGL.

Doesn't help with overall poe performance tho :(

Thanks, I'll try that and see how performance is tonight.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Fister Roboto posted:

1050. 2GB VRAM. When I'm playing, the performance window almost always says VRAM Critical. If I have literally anything else running, I get massive stuttering and eventually it crashes.

I'm also not very good at computers though, so maybe it's something else. Maybe upgrading to 16GB RAM would help?

What resolution textures? I don’t think Poe should be using that much vram on low settings

Iverron
May 13, 2012

my last minute crit str stacker Boneshatter Jugg is doing pretty well into yellows despite me being extremely lazy with purity of elements for resists and having tons of room to scale still

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

what a savings

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Tainted Mythic Orbs are only 8 or 9c. Be the change you wish to see in the market.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Tainted Mythic Orbs are only 8 or 9c. Be the change you wish to see in the market.

It seems the chances are ... not 50/50, shockingly

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/qgqjqv/36_mythic_orbs_vs_silk_gloves/

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

I guess getting players to delete items for you is one way to help with server load.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

docbeard posted:

2GB of VRAM feels low but POE will chew any system regardless of its power up and spit it out. I'm running on a 1070 GTX with 8GB (and good loving Christ I knew the video card situation was dire but $600 for a "renewed" five-year-old card?!?) and I mostly don't have problems (but it does seem to gobble up all my VRAM too). Processor could be a bottleneck too though mine is whatever the Pretty Good Intel Model was in 2016 and I don't think it's ever caused me grief.

Extra RAM (not VRAM) will probably help if you're below 16 GB. (I don't think more than that will help much, though I could be wrong). Also installing the game on an SSD will dramatically improve your performance. If you don't have an SSD, it's the first upgrade you want. It will change your life.

Hardwired internet (running a big ugly cable to the router) has felt more reliable to me than running off a wifi adapter too but that might just be my bad luck.

Yeah I got an SSD back during Synthesis just because Betrayal assassins would take forever to load. This didn't actually fix the problem, but loading screens were lightning fast.

I think I'll probably try upgrading the RAM and maybe CPU first, and then maybe looking at getting a 4GB video card ("only" $200) if all else fails.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Why, why, why implement it this way

Instead of needing 100 orbs and 100 gloves to expect 1 good outcome, make the orbs 100x rarer so that you don't have to burn through items. It's not like Trash to Treasure doesn't exist

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Devor posted:

Why, why, why implement it this way

Instead of needing 100 orbs and 100 gloves to expect 1 good outcome, make the orbs 100x rarer so that you don't have to burn through items. It's not like Trash to Treasure doesn't exist

if they made it so each item had the same 50/50 chance of being made with a mythic orb, then its value would instantly be pegged to the value of the highest value item it's possible to make. then the market would quickly correct the value of the most expensive items to be relative to the rarity of a mythic orb. it would have a pretty stifling flattening effect on the unique item economy unless they made the orb so rare you'll never find one

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I want someone to write a doctoral thesis in economics analyzing the PoE economies over the years

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Hooplah posted:

if they made it so each item had the same 50/50 chance of being made with a mythic orb, then its value would instantly be pegged to the value of the highest value item it's possible to make. then the market would quickly correct the value of the most expensive items to be relative to the rarity of a mythic orb. it would have a pretty stifling flattening effect on the unique item economy unless they made the orb so rare you'll never find one

That’s how Trash to Treasure works

And garbage uniques are worthless so you can just pick them up for 1C

I guess they’re fine for SSF

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
can a tainted mythic turn a unique that corrupted into a yellow back into a unique - or even a different unique

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

whypick1 posted:

I can't remember the last time GGG nerfed a skill mid-league simply because it was too powerful and not because of some weird glitch/oversight causing unintended consequences. The "we need to make these numbers smaller" tweaks happen between leagues.

Shield Charge was nerfed a few weeks into its introductory league, like 4 years ago.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Cool map.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Tenzarin posted:

Cool map.

That needs to go back in the oven.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Monsters in Nightmare are invincible? Well, that explains how infinite Wraeclasts fell.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alva got too greedy and kept bricking her maps in the krangler.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elentor posted:

God I'm so loving squishy and about to fight my first Sirus after this cycle, I can't wait to lose all my portals in phase 1.

Two deaths and a lot of ISP switching later.

I'm constantly amazed by how bad I am at Sirus fight.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Imexile got ran over by a roa through like 7k life and a bunch of other layers.

I saw that video and did not see a charge animation. I think he died from something else.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

look, sometimes the network packet that says "I'm alive" gets lost in the way

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

McFrugal posted:

I saw that video and did not see a charge animation. I think he died from something else.

Theres definitely a charging Rhoa in that video.

poo poo quality bc the videos poo poo but this is mid animation

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
tfw you abandon your starter in under a week :smith:

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Devor posted:

That’s how Trash to Treasure works

And garbage uniques are worthless so you can just pick them up for 1C

I guess they’re fine for SSF

yeah, it does seem redundant with the prophecy, but to be fair chris said proph is getting the axe next so maybe they're doing it intentionally. and the alternative is to make it completely game-warping or irrelevantly rare

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I'd much rather get to pull the lever a bunch than never see it

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

> So this is my first "league?" ever and the game has been somewhat challenging, but I just recently got to Act 6 and the jungle sand people on the coast are SUPER strong. After consistently getting one shot killed by not even glowing mobs I decided that I would buy some weapon and armor from the store and apparently they don't even come with any stats? I just spent upwards of 60$ for good looks???

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

spend more $$$.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

victrix posted:

> So this is my first "league?" ever and the game has been somewhat challenging, but I just recently got to Act 6 and the jungle sand people on the coast are SUPER strong. After consistently getting one shot killed by not even glowing mobs I decided that I would buy some weapon and armor from the store and apparently they don't even come with any stats? I just spent upwards of 60$ for good looks???

lol

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Oh no

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Me early in the Acts: Hey cool, I can make free rare rings, some of them don't have deadly implicits

Me in maps: For how slow this is, I should make sure I'm putting decent items in the crucible, so that good implicits can end up with an item that's worth listing

Me now: Hey cool, I can make free rare rings

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Me through 3.15: Ugh a corrupted map. I guess if I HAVE to.
Me in 3.16: A corrupted map is an impossible ideal to which I will forever aspire.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
More Rog Showcase:

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
It’s hard finding a second build to play this league after starting as seismic/exsang traps. The build has clear, boss damage, great defenses and recovery, ignores reflect, and is fine on the league mechanic since it gives you a second to get your traps down. Everything else feels like it is going to be such a downgrade.

I was looking forward to poison concoction, but I am seeing a lot of people complaining about boss dps. CF glad looks like it has an even bigger boss dps problem, and all the different ED/Bane builds are still reduced to channeling Blight for mediocre boss damage. I was also hoping EOW slinger would catch on and maybe be a 3rd build, but the lack of chatter around that seems to speak for itself.

I am actually leaning towards a second Seis/Exsang trapper, but this time switching over to jungroan’s cold version with March of the Legion.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

TyrantWD posted:

It’s hard finding a second build to play this league after starting as seismic/exsang traps. The build has clear, boss damage, great defenses and recovery, ignores reflect, and is fine on the league mechanic since it gives you a second to get your traps down. Everything else feels like it is going to be such a downgrade.

I was looking forward to poison concoction, but I am seeing a lot of people complaining about boss dps. CF glad looks like it has an even bigger boss dps problem, and all the different ED/Bane builds are still reduced to channeling Blight for mediocre boss damage. I was also hoping EOW slinger would catch on and maybe be a 3rd build, but the lack of chatter around that seems to speak for itself.

I am actually leaning towards a second Seis/Exsang trapper, but this time switching over to jungroan’s cold version with March of the Legion.

If you don’t mind minions skeleton mages are sweet. Playing them right now. Also generals cry shield charge. Way more clear and fun charging around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TyrantWD posted:

play an occultist imo. people who struggle with boss DPS are EDC tricksters, also known as noobs