Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
just build a cult of personality for increased job security.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

karmicknight posted:

just build a cult of personality for increased job security.

A cult of personality with a Fan Trust. :hmmyes:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

it's park avenue (bradford) again.

Those results we had were rough but if we start beating the poor teams it won't matter, Fylde don't have another game to play us in, that was their one shot.

So as long as we don't totally collapse, we should be fine.

a really clean performance from the boys, Storey scored a good goal from a corner, Atkinson scored an absolute christmas cracker of a goal and Maguire came on and won a penalty that TONY scored with ease.

Another vanarama national team for us in the Vase, getting awfully close to wembley now.

Looks like the vanarama north is superior to the national, it's a funny old game.

We basically killed the game in the first 10 minutes but I won't complain about Charman and Maguire coming into form at this part of the season.

This one looks tricky, Guiseley have both the top and second top scorer in the league and are in 4th, so this won't be a cakewalk by any means.

Here's hoping this sets off another mad run.

Another great result, keeping those two strikers quiet until the very end of the match is no mean feat and the goals we scored were very tasty indeed.

We're 7 points clear of Fylde with only 2 months to go, surely we're not catchable?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
National League we're coming for ya

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Surely two months is not enough time to collapse entirely.

TitusGroen
Sep 30, 2021

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

karmicknight posted:

Surely two months is not enough time to collapse entirely.

I sure hope we don’t come to regret these words.

Wheatley seems to be quietly coming into his own, which has been nice to see. Does this mean we might even have some depth??

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

TitusGroen posted:

I sure hope we don’t come to regret these words.

Wheatley seems to be quietly coming into his own, which has been nice to see. Does this mean we might even have some depth??

I have very quietly picked up a number of journeyman in every position so that we can function as a team but our midfield has been playing way above their actual skill level

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
the unsung heroes of the lp, the unnamed vets Itoh is churning through.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

We're back and we're ready to beat some weaker teams to string together a run, or atleast I hope.

We don't make it easy for ourselves do we? They only had 3 shots on target but they scored two of them, so we barely scraped a draw in what should've been a nailed on win. Charman's goal was excellent though and he also got the Leamington player sent off with his constant running. So that's a positive.

Onto Hereford it is and here's hoping we shoot ourselves in the foot a little less, for a change.

The one thing we have going for us now is we only play 1 game per week so fitness is really solid and we get to largely keep the same team.

A 1-0 win will always feel a bit underwhelming but it's a solid performance atleast, at this stage all we can do is grind out results. There's no real tactical switches or personel changes that can do a great deal so we're just rolling the dice every week to see if we can hold onto our lead at the top.

Shoutout to Thacker by the way who ran 6.8 miles in this game, that's nothing to sneeze at.

Next up is Farsley Celtic known for being great rivals with Farsley Rangers

Personally I'm a Farlsey Thistle man myself.

Here's hoping we can continue our run versus a poor team.

Well they put up a good fight for about 60 minutes but once the first goal went in it was only going one way, Charman then bagged a brace to seal the game completely.

Oh, well sure.

The main upside of signing a contract with a long length like this one is it makes it harder to fire you, which may be important if next season dosen't go as well as this one.

We're facing Chorley in a semi final now and they're also our next league match.

If we win this, we'll be going to wembley for a cup final, a minor cup but a trophy is still a trophy.

:unsmith:

There is no feeling like it.

We bossed the game in truth, Wheatley and Charman both scored absolute worldie goals after Campbell opened the scoring by making a great run onto a Tony McMahon cross.

God, what a time to be alive.

Wonder who we'll be play-

Oh you have got to be loving kidding me.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

ItohRespectArmy posted:

gently caress off with this you absolute monster. No love for Third Farsley??

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Obliterati posted:

gently caress off with this you absolute monster. No love for Third Farsley??

Third Farsley can get tae gently caress.

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!

karmicknight posted:

the unsung heroes of the lp, the unnamed vets Itoh is churning through.

:birdthunk:

I think it also helps that our manager is a time traveling Russian who subsists on nothing but gruel. Does the game actually model the fact Mikhail is unable to speak English?

Also there are no Farsely Rangers you liars, they are called the Stafford Rangers

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Tiger Crazy posted:

:birdthunk:

I think it also helps that our manager is a time traveling Russian who subsists on nothing but gruel. Does the game actually model the fact Mikhail is unable to speak English?

It does - the character creator lets you speak as many languages as you want but will default to the game's settings for that nationality's language or languages. As Mikhail spends time IN England he'll pick it up through osmosis. What the exact effects are of not speaking English are opaque, but we generally assume conversations are less effective and players will acquire familiarity with your tactics slower because, well, at this point he's mostly communicating them through mime

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Lmao quote is not edit

Anyway the MP league spent the first year with a sudden influx of Americans, Scots etc. basically doing the equivalent of SPEAKING. ENGLISH. LOUDLY. AND. SLOWLY.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
AS Monaco also has a longstanding hiring policy of only signing staff that don't speak French so we can duck Ben Yeddar's calls easier.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Oct 27, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Always preferred Farsely of Midlothian personally

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
jesus christ this bit

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

one of the really fun parts of doing a long term journeyman save is all the eclectic languages a coach picks up over time. English, Indonesian, Chinese, Czech, Danish and Spanish was the list for one memorable game like 6 years back

TitusGroen
Sep 30, 2021

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Wonder who we'll be play-

Oh you have got to be loving kidding me.

The surprise turnaround of Fylde being the true villains is a fantastic twist. Kudos to the script writers for the false lead of York early in the season.

(Obligatory, Cha-Cha-Cha-Charman, etc etc)

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

TitusGroen posted:

The surprise turnaround of Fylde being the true villains is a fantastic twist. Kudos to the script writers for the false lead of York early in the season.

(Obligatory, Cha-Cha-Cha-Charman, etc etc)

the real kicker is, the other semi final was york versus fylde.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Fylde is just built different, they wanted it more, they were hungrier.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Excited for Fylde to win the play-offs so they can be our nemesis next season as well

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

As a Lancaster University alumnus, Fylde being the ones who win at sports is very on brand. Stupid jock college.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

It's Chorley again and I imagine it'll be much of the same.

loving hell that was a close one but we managed in the end.

Nice!

Everything's coming up Darlington.

Oh my oh my.

These are our top 3 prospects, it'll be a while to see if any of them pan out but if I were to put money on any of them it'd be Bigger, who dosen't have a negative personality trait.

Next up is Kidderminster once again who should be easy fare.

this part of the season will be pretty terse unless we do actually collapse since we're basically just doing victory laps every week.

Another professional job as the Tony McMahon show rolls into town and we win in a dominant performance.

The calculators have all come out for this derby with spennymoor and it turns out yes, if we win today we can clinch the title of the vanarama north.

what better motivation than that?

There is no sweeter feeling.

Now we just need to do it again next season, shouldn't be too hard, eh?

ItohRespectArmy fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 28, 2021

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Bigger Badiashile implies the existence of a Biggest Badiashile.

I'm assming they'll be in a future year's youth intake.

Congrats on smashing the league.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Soon... the real football begins...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Obliterati posted:

Football is the past

Football is the present

Football is the future

Football

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF_uOgyBK1c

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Obliterati posted:

well hold on just a minute, there is still the national league

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Man gently caress you for this

no one loves mothersfarls

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

tithin posted:

Man gently caress you for this

no one loves mothersfarls

Ah of course, Farsley's premier Buddhist club.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Hmm, I wonder how far up the pyramid a semi-pro team can rise.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
League Two forces you into professional status.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Goddamned FA!

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

TitusGroen posted:

Oh? Where can I find that?

Nah it's just my offline game that we shoot the breeze about because we're in the same discord.

on an LP topic, was disappointed with not signing Jordan Cox, as he was the absolute engine of this York team for the first 2 years. 144 Apps, 44 goals playing as a winger in a 4-4-2, and he hung around as a backup through to league 1, then retired age 25 for no obvious reason.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 29, 2021

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

on an LP topic, was disappointed with not signing Jordan Cox, as he was the absolute engine of this York team for the first 2 years. 144 Apps, 44 goals playing as a winger in a 4-4-2, and he hung around as a backup through to league 1, then retired age 25 for no obvious reason.

he's making regular appearances for Cheltenam in this save, very unfortunate for us but we'll manage.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
ignore me

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 29, 2021

TitusGroen
Sep 30, 2021

A 19 point win? *Football is LIFE*

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Nah it's just my offline game that we shoot the breeze about because we're in the same discord.

Aaah, I see. I've been inspired to give FM a try but due to my lack of knowledge I just gave everyone fake names. :P

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
19 points after the somewhat stuttering start is pretty amazing.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

frankenfreak posted:

19 points after the somewhat stuttering start is pretty amazing.

the run of 16 straight wins in the league is genuinely one of the most insane things ive ever done in FM, not to mention 10 of them being in the same month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

I'm doing a Gateshead run and I'm about half a season ahead of this LP and I think my record is 7 wins but then I do insist on big Sam 442 straight up the middle so maybe I lack your tactical genius.