Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

lollontee posted:

just started lain and currently considering logging off

Do not log off!
Logging off is death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

Finished Lain
I will never log off.

Now do Haibane Renmei and Texhnolyze. :unsmigghh:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
:hr:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Darth Walrus posted:

Now do Haibane Renmei and Texhnolyze. :unsmigghh:

I cant even pronounce these.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Hi Bane, ren may

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HootTheOwl posted:

I cant even pronounce these.

neither could the people who wrote them. thats why they hired someone else to worry about it

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

HootTheOwl posted:

Finished Lain
I will never log off.

Congrats. Enjoy your new and/or worsened mental illness.

Give paranoia agent a try too. Best comedic child suicide in all of anime

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

HootTheOwl posted:

Finished Lain
I will never log off.

you dont seem to understand

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I had forgotten how good the Bebop movie was

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

you dont seem to understand

Probably!
It was very confusing.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

you can never log off we live in the dirty patina around the internet

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

KomradeX posted:

how

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!
log off? u think u can just... log off lol?

actually yuo can do that whenever u want

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

I put the new animated pokemans movie on Netflix on and the gorilla Pokémon talk and I was very confused for a while

but it was pretty fun altogether- I kind of wish Ash would grow up, or catch up to his dad, or something. any kind of progression.
but then they couldn’t perpetually market the show to new kids!

e: also there was a new Pokemon I found out about while watching called Falinks that is seemingly 6 individuals that work together as a phalanx and their design is pretty cute. I would buy a tiny resin model set of them.

wolfs has issued a correction as of 08:41 on Oct 27, 2021

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULCIHP5dc44

euuuugh
why does this look so awful, there's no blend between the vfx and pratical stuff everything looks fakey like a FMV game but without the camp, the cast has 0 chemistry
sad

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

wolfs posted:

I put the new animated pokemans movie on Netflix on and the gorilla Pokémon talk and I was very confused for a while

but it was pretty fun altogether- I kind of wish Ash would grow up, or catch up to his dad, or something. any kind of progression.

e: also there was a new Pokemon I found out about while watching called Falinks that is seemingly 6 individuals that work together as a phalanx and their design is pretty cute. I would buy a tiny resin model set of them.

It's for kids op

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Cause I hadn't watched it in 20 years

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

wolfs posted:

You say Falinks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFFgepMA6mg

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Also, pro tip, if you turn on subtitles you can see what the pokemon are saying.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w0YsaXJG-g

No nononononononono
nooooooooo
Yessssss?
Noooooo
*sad computer noises*

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

KomradeX posted:

IMHO the movie is meh with a couple good scenes. The fight against Vincent in the end drags on for ages even if its pretty well choreographed

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Feldegast42 posted:

IMHO the movie is meh with a couple good scenes. The fight against Vincent in the end drags on for ages even if its pretty well choreographed

Wrong

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/matt_alt/status/1452892580429975555?s=21

RIP to a real one.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
That sucks.

Anyone know if a way to read Kamuiden? I've only ever found a few chapters scattered across manga scan sites.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Feldegast42 posted:

goddamn, what a thing to think, much less post

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Feldegast42 posted:

I can see why you'd think this if you only saw the subbed version

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Orb Crabmelt posted:

That sucks.

Anyone know if a way to read Kamuiden? I've only ever found a few chapters scattered across manga scan sites.

hox translated the first few chapters and I believe that is it

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

I mean don't get me wrong -- I do think that Cowboy Bebop is a pretty good children's cartoon, and furthermore,

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

:blastu:

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Feldegast42 posted:

Wrong bitch

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So WatchMojo did a top 10 of Cowboy Bebop moments and it all seems to favor the back half of the series

https://youtu.be/zXHrw28Sw34

I'm not sure how people think the ending of Bebop is ambiguous. In part one of the finale it tells you Spike is going to die and than you add in the movie with the parallels between Spike and Vincent.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

KomradeX posted:

So WatchMojo did a top 10 of Cowboy Bebop moments and it all seems to favor the back half of the series

https://youtu.be/zXHrw28Sw34

I'm not sure how people think the ending of Bebop is ambiguous. In part one of the finale it tells you Spike is going to die and than you add in the movie with the parallels between Spike and Vincent.

IIRC doesn't Watanabe believe that Spike lived? I agree though the entire series builds up to him dying and the ending really loses its sense of closure if he doesn't

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I'm glad spike is dead, he was an rear end in a top hat no matter how hot

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

tokin opposition posted:

I'm glad spike is dead, he was an rear end in a top hat no matter how hot

It's funny because I don't see him as that much of either of those things

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Feldegast42 posted:

IIRC doesn't Watanabe believe that Spike lived? I agree though the entire series builds up to him dying and the ending really loses its sense of closure if he doesn't

Spike has survived things that would kill him, and maybe Wantanabe just likes him to much to say for sure, but his text really contradicts that.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!

KomradeX posted:

Spike has survived things that would kill him, and maybe Wantanabe just likes him to much to say for sure, but his text really contradicts that.

Kinda seems like he left it as a "Wild Bunch" ending and want you to consider the ambiguity. I definitely thought he was dead, but... maybe... and so forth.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
lol, what good timing. my wife and I just finished our rewatch of the show. what a loving show man. I know this is a normie opinion,. but it's just so loving good. every aspect of it.

I was gonna post my opinion on the end. it switches every time I watch it. I think he survives. wakes up in the bebop covered in bandages like a mummy. he's survived worse before. call it cope or whatever, I just think that would be a good ending. spike actually learning from everything he's witnessed over the series.

something new I noticed is that spike doesnt just go back to take out vicious/suicide. because of all the assasins, until that was taken care of, they couldnt go on their little adventures anymore. they couldnt just escape, they'd always be looking over their shoulders. He left (at least partially) to protect jet and faye. I base this on some shots and dialogue in 25 or 26.

I find the alternative pretty sad and disappointing. over the course of the series, spike learned nothing. didn't grow at all from his experiences. no difference if he died initially or at the end of the series. Jet and Faye grow and change over the course of the series, why not spike.

This has nothing to do with what I'm writing, but years ago I really enjoyed reading this guys writing about cowboy bebop: https://www.overthinkingit.com/2009/12/07/overthinking-cowboy-bebop/

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
All the characters are in a sort of stasis after metaphorically dying. Jet's way out was finding out the truth of his betrayal and making peace with it. Faye's way out was discovering and reconnecting with the person she was in the past. But Spike is the most trapped of all of them. The entire show is basically an interlude in his conflict with Vicious. That's what the whole thing about his eyes was about. So when he goes to fight Vicious and finish it, he's ending that interlude and either completing his death or completing ending his life with the syndicate. He dies for real or finishes dying metaphorically. Whether he lives or dies, the story is complete.

And he definitely died.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

All the characters are in a sort of stasis after metaphorically dying. Jet's way out was finding out the truth of his betrayal and making peace with it. Faye's way out was discovering and reconnecting with the person she was in the past. But Spike is the most trapped of all of them. The entire show is basically an interlude in his conflict with Vicious. That's what the whole thing about his eyes was about. So when he goes to fight Vicious and finish it, he's ending that interlude and either completing his death or completing ending his life with the syndicate. He dies for real or finishes dying metaphorically. Whether he lives or dies, the story is complete.

And he definitely died.

I know and before this rewatch I would've agreed with you. this time, I think he wakes up on the ship. I'll prob switch next rewatch. I would say the old spike dies and the new one is born.

another opinion I have: Julia is so loving boring. purposefully so. we're never shown any reason that spike would be in love with her, and in a show full of great writing and well realized characters I feel as though that's intentional. she's built up for so long, and turns out to be one of the least memorable characters in the show. All the syndicate stuff is really generic and cheesy (the dumbass old men in charge, the twin brothers that die) I feel like it's making some sort of point. dunno what exactly though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Oh poo poo, gotta read those.