Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Does Jeffrey have a spleen fund or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I'd settle for a slush fund.

Because there's no way this group doesn't drive him to drink.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Jeffrey is a Bitcoin millionaire, everyone knows that.

The forums don't need to support him

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

internet celebrity posted:

Isn't SA actually profitable?

Yeah Lowtax was constantly whinging about how SA barely made enough to get by but when Jeffrey took over it turned out that it had way more than enough income to cover its expenses and Lowtax had just been spending the extra on himself.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Yeah Lowtax was constantly whinging about how SA barely made enough to get by but when Jeffrey took over it turned out that it had way more than enough income to cover its expenses and Lowtax had just been spending the extra on himself.

Monthly Expenses:
Server Fee's: $450
Hosting: $55
Artisanal Cookies: $6,500

Somebody please help my budget!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

DandyLion posted:

Monthly Expenses:
Server Fee's: $450
Hosting: $55
Artisanal Cookies: $6,500

Somebody please help my budget!

Don't forget the midrange sports car lease.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It barely made enough after he'd skimmed enough prescription painkillers off the top line would be a more accurate narrative I guess.

e: though I am wilfully watching a Seagal film where he is make believing that he is Italian so I could be a bad person for suggesting that.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Obliviously sitting in the dark and posting.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Theophany posted:

e: though I am wilfully watching a Seagal film where he is make believing that he is Italian

Please tell me more. I've mostly seen the ones where he plays a Thai, Chinese, or Native American guy.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
jeffrey is a butt and also smells my butt

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Please tell me more. I've mostly seen the ones where he plays a Thai, Chinese, or Native American guy.

Out For Justice, it is utterly terrible by early 90s action movie standards. Its maybe one redeeming feature is William Forsythe's moustache on his baby face?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Gotta forward an impression of myself on the newsfeed brb

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Something about calling yourself spayed is unsettling.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
At least she'll no longer be in heat.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
celebrating the literal void in my life lol

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Outside the context about how loving weird childfree is it’d be a pretty funny way to sever from a family that views you as an incubator

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
What the gently caress is r/chodi and how does it keep showing up on the front page even though 90% of the comments are not in english and the other 10% is vile hate poo poo that reads like facebook.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Workaday Wizard posted:

What the gently caress is r/chodi and how does it keep showing up on the front page even though 90% of the comments are not in english and the other 10% is vile hate poo poo that reads like facebook.

“Indian free speech sub”

Godspeed

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
So, uh, this post shot to the top of r/pics and you may wonder why something so banal has been propelled to the front page by the reddit algo...

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/qhal2t/got_ditched_for_a_date_took_myself_out_instead/

the OP's post history requires a goddamn seatbelt and airbags.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Workaday Wizard posted:

Indian equivalent of r/sino but actually Indian, fewer tankies or angry western incel types of East Asian descent. So mostly Hindu fascist types. Kinda like r/turkey but worse English

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Theophany posted:

So, uh, this post shot to the top of r/pics and you may wonder why something so banal has been propelled to the front page by the reddit algo...

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/qhal2t/got_ditched_for_a_date_took_myself_out_instead/

I like (hate) how it gets progressively more bizarre or alarming in a nearly linear fashion each post back in the history.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Theophany posted:

3 posts down her history:
:how:

10 posts down:
:bighow:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
The true Reddit experience summed up by one poster

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

At first I merely thought we had strayed one step further from God's light, then I read that history and realized there never was a light.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

There’s kinks, then there’s making at least 7 different people’s lives intertwined around you because you can’t just loving role play or whatever.

It’s like trying to get kidnapped by ISIS because you’re really into BDSM.

:aaaaa:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

See, this is what we get when we mock the redditors that don’t want kids.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
r/superstonk is getting to the top of r/all by promising riches.

The plan is...

quote:

Ok so I saw your post on the top of r/All. I’m an Aussie with an iPad and a few dollars to my name. What steps do I take?

Top replies:

quote:

You are the catalyst

You have a winning way, so keep it
Your future, your future, your future
You are an angel heading for a land of sunshine
And fortune us smiling upon you

quote:

1, Open a brokerage account - IBKR, Fidelity

2, Fund the account.

3, Buy GameStop.

4, Direct register your shares.

5, Buy more at Computershare.

That's... it?

quote:

Unfortunately you are going to be a millionaire, and you’ll be buying whatever house you like for cash

quote:

G’day mate!

First you need to set up a trading account with a broker, then you buy the stock ’GME’.

Then I’d recommend reading some DD (due diligence) to get up to speed. Theres a very good beginners DD, I’ll see if i can find it for you.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
It appears to me that the Gamestop / AMC / Memestock thing is basically a cult now? I mean, during the peak lockdown, before vaccine rollouts and whatnot, that was like two weeks of excitement but seems like people are legitimately carrying this forward, thinking that Gamestop will be the end of the economic system as we know or one share will be worth million??? :psyduck:

Galewolf fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Oct 29, 2021

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Looking at the stock it's been going steadily downhill since the end of august. Not sure what their plan is

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Collapsing Farts posted:

Looking at the stock it's been going steadily downhill since the end of august. Not sure what their plan is

Build maximum momentum before they hit the ramp

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Collapsing Farts posted:

Buy high, sell low.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
If someone is telling you they're going to make you rich, what they really mean is they need you as a pawn in their scheme to get rich themselves. Poor bastards.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Collapsing Farts posted:

Their only plan is to make sure they're not the one holding the bag at the end 💎🙌🚀💯💯💯💯

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Goons are perpetually confused by bitcoin pump and dumps and the astroturfing campaigns that enable them.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The kids on Reddit are actually just stupid and nuts though

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog
elon musk makes a tweet with a moon and dog emoji
======down 1 pyramid level======
relatively smart redditors take it as a communication straight from the divine and buy immediately, then spread how easy it is to make money
cretins buy internet dog money and drive up the price further because elon christ told them to
goons post in the reddit thread
nevermind it doesnt go lower

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

There was a point where they had a chance to do an internet-based pump and dump that would leave big finance companies holding the bag. It's not technically illegal to use a subreddit to pump a stock like using a TV channel would be. Then Robinhood illegally popped the bubble because they correctly calculated that the fines for doing so would be less than the amount of money their parent company was going to lose. At this point the Redditors are either trying to make someone's else hold the bag, or they're cargo cultists.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Happy page 500. Let's celebrate it with a penis shaped cake.

Posting my highly specific story on a very popular viral board using a throwaway account so my wife who uses Reddit doesn't find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

i thought this was a hackernews post for an embarrassingly long amount of time

edit: I did a poll on fedi and of the 5 people so far to respond (it's way outside normal active hours for fedi), there's a 3:2 split in favour of hacker news lol

alexandriao fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Oct 31, 2021