Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

drat you Alex, that's the first time I haven't skipped through an ad break in years. :argh:

Loved that episode. I wish they all had that level of energy. The final task could have ended up being overlong and tedious but it was shot and edited perfectly. Much more of that please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Cake-sitting is back with a vengeance. And so is Alex's Dance theme, which is absolutely brilliant. The ball-passing task was a bit of a let-down. The task itself was phrased awkwardly, both teams had very straightforward approaches to the task, just nothing special, save for Alan's inexplicable exhaustion. The rest was fantastic.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
https://youtu.be/HQNkYVLnN44

For anyone interested

Edit: and another

https://youtu.be/NE1fjWakUY0

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Region locked for my Yankee-rear end. But this one on the official channel works for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFcnFA6zAzA

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

It's a shame that Victoria was taken out of the final Task so quickly, the game theory involved was right in her wheelhouse.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I'm in love with Morgana.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
The football task was fun to watch,i loved alex turning into a horror movie villain (against a weakly taped door) and using the scissors on the net.

Also morgana looked like she was going to loving skewer someone in the final task jesus.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The optimal strategy would be to just pop one and be done every time right? You would probably lose on the total if you did get eliminated but you would have a higher chance to get the 10.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Morgana is not real,she’s a vic and bob camera trick.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Bit disappointed in the comparative lack of destructive energy, I was waiting for someone to get a long stake and pin the soccer ball in place.

Come to think of it, what if someone had relocated the spot to inside the goal?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I did enjoy watching Victoria watching the ball going in and the dawning realisation that perhaps she should have stopped it.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Football task was surprisingly fun. I think Alex just wanted to play some football.

drunken officeparty posted:

The optimal strategy would be to just pop one and be done every time right? You would probably lose on the total if you did get eliminated but you would have a higher chance to get the 10.

There were 100 balloons, with 5 bad ones. You could try waiting for everybody else to trip theirs, but that still leaves one bad balloon for you (and probably worse odds than 1/20 by then). Waiting for only one bad balloon to pop might change the odds in your favour. Alan had better odds when he started than Des had at the start of the game, for example (I think it was 4/92).

tl;dr - it's complex

This is assuming you can't tell which balloon has powder in it, and that they were distributed randomly.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Bit disappointed in the comparative lack of destructive energy, I was waiting for someone to get a long stake and pin the soccer ball in place.

Come to think of it, what if someone had relocated the spot to inside the goal?
Alex would've just moved the spot to wherever he needed it. It would've been fun to see Alex attempt a goal with a deflated ball though.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

The football task was fun to watch,i loved alex turning into a horror movie villain (against a weakly taped door) and using the scissors on the net.
Outrageous! Outrageous! Outrageous!

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
I just watched it, I was very invested in the football and darts tasks, brilliant stuff.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Bit disappointed in the comparative lack of destructive energy

Speaking of destructive energy I'd have totally just thrown five darts at once for maximum carnage.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

“By the end of it we were basically wrestling” - Alan

itry
Aug 23, 2019

- "Is there a secret cake room?"
- "Pardon?"

Cut to a SECRET CAKE ROOM sign

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

itry posted:

Alex would've just moved the spot to wherever he needed it. It would've been fun to see Alex attempt a goal with a deflated ball though.

Yeah, my best thought for how I would have tried this was to just cut up the ball.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

They should've just tied Alex to a chair.

Piell posted:

Yeah, my best thought for how I would have tried this was to just cut up the ball.

Like straight up confetti? But is it still a ball at that point

itry fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 22, 2021

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
David on the podcast is loving bonkers.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

David on the podcast is loving bonkers.

I haven't watched NZ yet but he seems a bit much. Like I can see him getting annoying very quickly if that's what he's always like.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I was expecting someone to try and entomb the ball in that bubble thing, honestly.

Also I like how Morgana both didn't just round up to 11 meters in her measurements and rather than just extending the tape measure as far as possible did it a meter at a time.

And the darts task was excellent. I'm amazed Greg didn't even wear goggles.

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009

stev posted:

I haven't watched NZ yet but he seems a bit much. Like I can see him getting annoying very quickly if that's what he's always like.

I thought so too--and, yeah, he is a bit much at times--but he is mostly lovely diss track notwithstanding

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

tgacon posted:

I thought so too--and, yeah, he is a bit much at times--but he is mostly lovely diss track notwithstanding

Him singing "Gonna drown you, in your own blood" has been stuck in my head ever since I saw the episode

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

stev posted:

He has a similar energy to Johny Vegas and if that’s not your thing I get it but please watch the suntan lotion task

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
lovely darts

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

stev posted:

Having listened to a bit of the podcast I was finding him a bit much, whereas I found TMNZ dished him out in more manageable chunks...

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pablo Bluth posted:

I did enjoy watching Victoria watching the ball going in and the dawning realisation that perhaps she should have stopped it.

“I didn’t realise the ball could go upwards”

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Quick foreign TM round-up.

Stormester was mostly things already seen on UK TM, including special hug, 10 word story and the standing on one leg live task (I expected this one was going places when I saw it on the UK version). They adapted S10's backwards speaking task for the non-team format. Four contestants had to describe what Mark was acting out on a video (each one a Danish proverb). The last contestant had to listen to all four tapes and try to decipher them. 2 points for deciphering a tape, 4 points for creating a decipherable tape. The last task was a weird mash-up of taskmastery concepts into something distinct:
Build a tower of carrots
You have 30 seconds
Your time is restarted every time you whisper the name of a mammal
If you repeat a mammal, the task is over

Kongen Befaler continued its streak of original tasks which feel very true to the style of the UK
  • Prize task: the thing that is too long.
  • Throw a pizza into the oven from the longest distance. Your last attempt counts. You have 5 minutes.
  • [contestants select at random from hats with photos of each of the contestants on] Work out who you are. You may ask Olli one question at a time from a category that you pick from the bowl. Whoever guesses correctly after the fewest questions wins. You only have one guess.
  • This [unicorn soft toy] is Valdemar. He loves loud noises. Make a sound that Valdemar can enjoy. Loudest noise wins.
  • Live: Answer a times-table question, eat a chocolate, nominate another contestant, set a times-table question. You are eliminated if you hesitate, answer incorrectly, or set a question that has already been asked.
The "Forehead detective" task was simple but so effective. The categories written on slips of paper included "uses of the potato" and "the history of the railway", but they were all overshadowed by "kamasutra", which caused hilarity both times it came up.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Another Google ad. I wonder who gets more publicity out of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9uojXIxGOI

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
Ah, I see, I was really confused why the thumbnail for the boat folding one said do not eat the pineapple.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

itry posted:

They should've just tied Alex to a chair.

lol this was my thought as well, Rhod has effectively solved any task that involves Alex accomplishing something if you're allowed to do whatever prep you want.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I'm really enjoying this season, 4/5 contestants I'm really enjoying and even Alan I'm not finding nearly as irritating as I expected to

thought all the slomo and closeups during Morgana sitting on the cake were a bit unnecessary though

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Ror posted:

lol this was my thought as well, Rhod has effectively solved any task that involves Alex accomplishing something if you're allowed to do whatever prep you want.

Anything is possible when you just sit for the first 5 minutes of a task with your eyes closed :v:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Or open, as it were.

e: yesterday I went to have new glasses fitted, they examined my eyes with a thing and at one point asked me to keep them open for as long as I could, and my mind immediately went to a very competitive place

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Oct 28, 2021

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
Victoria standing to the side of the goal while Alex executed a perfect chip was an all time classic TM moment.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
If anyone hasn't seen the norwegian 'don't blink' task, it's pretty amazing and it's here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l3yhEZX93s

2 hours 47 minutes. Not sure he's actually human.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Unkempt posted:

If anyone hasn't seen the norwegian 'don't blink' task, it's pretty amazing and it's here:

Amazing Finnish gibberish there. Something you won't hear on other Task Masters.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Paladinus posted:

Amazing Finnish gibberish there. Something you won't hear on other Task Masters.

Apart from the Finnish one.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Unkempt posted:

Apart from the Finnish one.

I've seen it, and they use intelligible Finnish words, as far as I could tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Unkempt posted:

That's just downright creepy.