Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

SpicyPete posted:

give us glover2

it’s got a level select it’s more than playable

lol i forgot about glover 2 iirc it was canceled because they ordered too many carts for Glover 1 and it would never be profitable lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Zurtilik posted:

Is there a game like the Pokemon TCG out? I know lots of card games are being released these days, but do any have little walk around areas and a loose story in between the card battles?

not that I know of, they seem to have all convened around the format of “barebones battle simulator fueled by microtransactions”

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013
Well, there is that Shadowverse game.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I bought Metroid Dread off Amazon and even though it came early it's the European version for some reason (I'm in the US).

I know Switch games are region free though so other than having to know what a Pegi is, is there any cause for concern?

It will infuriate you that the title on the spine doesn't line up with your NA games.

Trucker Hat
Jul 25, 2021
There's a bunch of stuff coming out today - Dusk and Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi are the big releases on my radar.

Does anyone have impressions on Undernauts? Apparently it's been out for a while in Japan, and is just now coming out on a bunch of platforms worldwide. I've kinda got my plate full of RPGs right now but I love first person dungeon crawlers.

I'm trying to talk myself into buying it, but really unless it's next-level amazing, I've already got Ys 8, SMT Nocturne, Atelier Ryza and Divinity OS2 to plug away at before I can justify another full price game purchase.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Trucker Hat posted:

There's a bunch of stuff coming out today - Dusk and Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi are the big releases on my radar.

drat i just restarted Dusk last night (pc), its a heck of a throwback shooter and perfect for this time of year

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Zurtilik posted:

Is there a game like the Pokemon TCG out? I know lots of card games are being released these days, but do any have little walk around areas and a loose story in between the card battles?

I guess maybe Inscryption?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

dusk! dusk! dusk!!!!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

how long until i can do this on the toilet

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

The Postman posted:

You can already do the Skyward Sword version of that on the toilet, which also happens to be where Skyward Sword belongs.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zurtilik posted:

The Yu-Gi-Oh game does not have walking around but basically has every dual from the anime(and two or three sequel animes) with plot explanations and images between duels, and the ability to play 'reverse' duels, from the perspective of the other guy in the anime who wasn't the protagonist. Either using your own deck or the deck the character used in the show.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Postman posted:

They confirmed a couple of "Coming Soon" titles that'd be added, Majora's Mask was one of them.

Alternatively; Right now, if you own a 3DS :v:.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

3DS version is bad.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
3DS version is good actually and the best way to play OoT and MM

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

sonic 3 has its share of... controversy involving the music for the genesis version

Sonic 3 has not been re-released in an official capacity since 2011 iirc, don't bet on it changing now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yo these EMMI need to loving chill.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Healbot posted:

Sonic 3 has not been re-released in an official capacity since 2011 iirc, don't bet on it changing now.

its coming out in the sonic collection next year ??

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

If I can't hold Wheel Form as Goron Link to kill Goht, it's garbage :colbert:.

Realtalk though, it's a mixed bag of a remake.

edit: On a different topic; Did Sonic Colours Ultimate ever get un-hosed?

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Correct.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
3DS OoT is mostly better, 3DS MM makes some crappy gameplay "updates" that actively hamper the experience but it's still good.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Stux posted:

its coming out in the sonic collection next year ??

Sure, a leak from half a year ago and no announcement whatsoever.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I couldn't Goron Roll on my N64 because my Joy Stick was too hosed up.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Bleck posted:

3DS OoT is mostly better, 3DS MM makes some crappy gameplay "updates" that actively hamper the experience but it's still good.

This is the correct take.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Healbot posted:

It was officially announced with a teaser trailer by Sega lol

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Healbot posted:

The leak that was the official announcement during Sonic Central??

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Healbot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwjPEcWU5Fc&t=410s

leaked by sega themselves in an official announcement

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Stop, stop it, they're just a child,

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

White OLED is up at Nintendo

https://store.nintendo.com/nintendo-switch-oled-model-white-set.html

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

OoT 3DS is better in every way. Majora's Mask had some nice updates but for the most part made some terrible choices that made it unfun and insulted the player's intelligence.

I really did not like what they did with the bosses. Odwalla was such a versatile fight in the original version. He even adapted. The 3DS version makes it more rote. Adding obvious weak point eyes to every boss took out any thought.

Swimming as a zora in the N64 version was joyous but they gimped it in the 3DS version. True, you could use the magic meter to swim like the N64 version, but the fact that it drained magic discouraged the player from using it, making it less likely anyone would become skilled at swimming that way.

The spots telling you where to shoot the ice arrows were insulting, removing a puzzle element. A very un-Zelda like change.

They also slightly tweaked the physics so hopping as Deku Link doesn't feel right and I know there is one jump in the game that doesn't work as intended anymore.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005

Ugh, love having one in the cart, and only one, only to have it say "limit one per customer" and miss my chance. Thanks for the heads up though.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Boss eye spots is the only one I'd really agree with, I had no problem with the slower Zora swimming and actually preferred not massively overshooting or crashing into walls all the time. Ice arrow spots is also fine, it's just the same as cracked walls showing where to plant a bomb which has been in literally every Zelda game.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I had no idea lmao, dang, 11 years of waiting for that.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

jackhunter64 posted:

Ice arrow spots is also fine, it's just the same as cracked walls showing where to plant a bomb which has been in literally every Zelda game.

'Bomb here' walls were not in The Legend Of Zelda, and every Zelda game that features cracked bombable walls also has hidden bombable walls.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

the bad changes made to MM3DS are fairly minor overall and don't overshadow the positive changes unless you have severe goon brain damage

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

.. controversy involving the music for the genesis version

this isn't real

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

romanowski posted:

the bad changes made to MM3DS are fairly minor overall and don't overshadow the positive changes unless you have severe goon brain damage

Zora swimming ruled and no amount of eyeballs can make up for crippling it.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Both the OoT and MM ports had gyroscopic aiming yeah?

It works surprisingly well

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

you can still do zora swimming

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
having multiple gears is nice for stuff like the beaver ring challenges and you can get infinite magic before even acquiring the zora mask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i've only played the 3DS version of majoras mask but i didn't much like it and was glad when it was over

OOT was good though

if you're wondering why i didn't just stop, it's cause little jones was having a blast watching me play