Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So Doomsday is good in legacy now huh? I played for the first time in a while tonight and lost on T2 through Wasteland+Force+Daze both games lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

mcmagic posted:

So Doomsday is good in legacy now huh? I played for the first time in a while tonight and lost on T2 through Wasteland+Force+Daze both games lol

It's certainly the #1 or #2 most common opponent (with Delver) in Brian Coval's legacy videos, which is basically the only Magic I really keep up with now.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I have to imagine Oracle made piles much simpler, yes?

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Ultima66 posted:

It's certainly the #1 or #2 most common opponent (with Delver) in Brian Coval's legacy videos, which is basically the only Magic I really keep up with now.

haha, yeah I’m the same way right now. He did a league with Doomsday for those interested. Phoneposting or I’d have the link.

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Doomsday when I was first looking at legacy was a 70 page primer by one guy, pretty much all on the piles you should make and why. It was the best deck that nobody could pilot. It was trending easier with time, but Thassa’s Oracle has simplified it a massive amount. I think it’s probably one of the top decks in Legacy right now, and that’s even accounting for the abundance of force of wills in the other top decks.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Why did no one post this when it came out? epic marketing spend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJlfmLjPgxk

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Amazing.

ok so the first clip is of a kid randomly finding someone's trade binder and oooing at it.

second is a guy doing push ups while playing Arena

a infographic designer who's sad making charts and blows work off to play Arena

oh the first kid can summon fire now

a guy who uses his temporal magic to make an old lady stock a dystopian grocery with thousands of Dominara Flake cereal faster

the designer intimidates her neighbors doing loud construction instead of just getting headphones

Love this goofy stuff and legit wonder if anyone has ever picked up the game from a commercial like this.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Was actually coming to post this right now lmao

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I was wondering why I was having trouble recruiting my friends into Magic.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Hearty lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Hank Williams Jr. voice* Are you ready for some SPOILERS

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Pushups while playing is how you should jam your deck while grinding mythic

EVERY EVENING I COME FROM WORK AND OPEN PALM SLAM AN APP ICON. ITS MAGIC THE GATHERING(TM): ARENA AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, WRENN AND SEVEN. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN A 10/10 TREE ON THE FIELD OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE MULTIVERSES MOST DANGEROUS PLANE I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fatherboxx posted:

Pushups while playing is how you should jam your deck while grinding mythic

EVERY EVENING I COME FROM WORK AND OPEN PALM SLAM AN APP ICON. ITS MAGIC THE GATHERING(TM): ARENA AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, WRENN AND SEVEN. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN A 10/10 TREE ON THE FIELD OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE MULTIVERSES MOST DANGEROUS PLANE I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Me and my friends on discord planning our next trip to the LGS

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I need the spoilers. I've had my doompost screed written for weeks now!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Just reupping this classic

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HootTheOwl posted:

They're doing a stream at 12EST

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

HootTheOwl posted:

There was a guy in our state Utah Magic group complaining that werewolves were only a fraction of Midnight Hunt. Dude was legit mad the set wasn't 100% werewolves for his Commander deck.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Consider seems to be the big get.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

DangerDongs posted:

There was a guy in our state Utah Magic group complaining that werewolves were only a fraction of Midnight Hunt. Dude was legit mad the set wasn't 100% werewolves for his Commander deck.

I would have been more disappointed that they were all uninspired.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Doomsday is probably the best combo deck in legacy right now, but it's held back by it's poor delver matchup and delver is the best deck in the furthest right now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

neaden posted:

Doomsday is probably the best combo deck in legacy right now, but it's held back by it's poor delver matchup and delver is the best deck in the furthest right now.

Obviously small sample size but i was on UR last night and got absolutely curb stomped by it lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Enemy colored duals and Edgar as groom confirmed

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Blood token: 1, Tap, Discard a card to draw a card

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Lmao, Chandra, Dressed to Kill.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1453755078540734466?s=20
https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1453755468447367175?s=20
https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1453755740611616773?s=20

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Oct 28, 2021

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Mono white with OG Thalia is going to be pretty annoying.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Blood tokens seem kinda lovely tbh

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Lmao is MaRo's "new mechanic that removes something we've never removed before" a mechanic that removes "words in square brackets"? Glad I didn't bet any money on that one

snyprmag
Oct 9, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Blood tokens seem kinda lovely tbh

Could be good as a discard outlet. But doesn't seem that great next to clues.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Lmao is MaRo's "new mechanic that removes something we've never removed before" a mechanic that removes "words in square brackets"? Glad I didn't bet any money on that one

Lol but it's kind of a cool mechanic tbh

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
New mechanic : cleave

What does it do?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ayami Kojima Sorin kicks rear end

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Holy poo poo Ayami Kojima Castlevania-style alt arts 😍😍😍

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Sorin is very strong

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Godzilla style dracula? I am into it.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

VictualSquid posted:

New mechanic : cleave

What does it do?

O, The Pelican as a Magic mechanic.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Blood token: 1, Tap, Discard a card to draw a card

I believe you also have to pay 1 life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TotalHell posted:

I believe you also have to pay 1 life.

Narp

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1453755468447367175