Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Ah, somehow sacrificing it became losing one life in my head. Anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1453758653132062721?s=20
I really want that Mina/Thalia

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm stuck in a bullshit meeting: what's the new mechanic?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

fadam posted:

I'm stuck in a bullshit meeting: what's the new mechanic?

Overload, but for whole blocks of text

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

lmao at cleave

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
anyone get a look at Wedding Ring?
I missed it.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

There’s cleave, which plays with templating and removes all word in [square brackets] and there train which is a shittier mentor

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I couldn't unsee this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
These cards seem kinda mopey other than thalia.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Blood is hyper-lame.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

odiv posted:

I couldn't unsee this.

Lol

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Thanks
Oh, it's not legendary???? Turn every game into a polycue

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

I am really confused why the land needs the 1 life part for vampires. I don't think the second bit of text is so powerful to need that drawback.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Looks too much like Carvern of Souls imo

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mcmagic posted:

Looks too much like Carvern of Souls imo

Where do you think they built it?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Blood would be okay if madness returned. But with disturb/flashback most of the time you’re gonna want to cast the card first to get double duty

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I'm surprised they just did a reprint of OG Thalia rather than a new one, but I'm happy to see her alive and massacring all the undead.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Cleave is stupid and funny. I hate that I like it.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Cleave is a fancier Kicker. Play a spell, pay an extra cost if you want that spell without drawbacks. It'll be fine because Kicker is fine.

Training is reverse Mentor and will almost certainly not be good enough for constructed, but seems neat.

Exploit is cool because sacrificing things is cool.

All seem fine.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sickening posted:

I am really confused why the land needs the 1 life part for vampires. I don't think the second bit of text is so powerful to need that drawback.

It’s unclaimed territory but you can only use it for one creature type and it hurts you. Or sulfurous springs but you can only use it for vampires. It sucks!!!

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Blood would be okay if madness returned. But with disturb/flashback most of the time you’re gonna want to cast the card first to get double duty

With disturb ehh mayyyyybe sometimes you'll want the backside right into play without jumping through hoops to get the creature killed but yeah hard to see a situation where I've a flashback card in hand and want to pay the flashback cost without regular casting it first

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SomethingAwful invitational card

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I kinda like cleave lol. Honestly it would have made sense as a strixhaven mechanic, like with the brackets it’s the apprentice spell and without it’s the full version

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
The art for this set is great so far. Really want Thalia in that art (though it's a little disappointing that she doesn't get a new card-- but the OG is great either way) and those Dracula cards look really cool.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
can't believe they didn't keyword "create a Blood token" as exsangiuinate

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/GavinVerhey/status/1453765848083013633

This is cool!

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Seems decent, but 2 to sac is a lot.

https://twitter.com/DeborahAnnWoll/status/1453763629912772608

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Dang, I finally crafted a play set of Thalia when the memory lapse WCs came in, hopefully she sucks in this limited format so I can pass her every time.

Dorothea looks very bomby for limited.

Laughing at Olivia getting revenge for Sorin creating Avacyn by becoming his grandma.

Cleave seems pretty unnecessary to keyword. I wonder if there will be a single card they print that couldn't be templated with kicker or "you may pay X to cast this card, if you do, perform Y instead."

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Neat, basically a wrath that gets around indestructible

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

I just want a faithless looting thing that is

R
Sorcery

Make 2 blood tokens

Flashback 1R

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

reminding me of the "2/2 but it dies???" posts when decayed was revealed and then every single decayed generator was a certified banger in limited

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lone Goat posted:

reminding me of the "2/2 but it dies???" posts when decayed was revealed and then every single decayed generator was a certified banger in limited

I guess. But blood doesn’t give you board or card advantage

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Thalia rules. Guess I'm going to have to build mono-w in standard.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Neat, basically a wrath that gets around indestructible

And if you have more creatures you get to keep some

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Everything looks cool and I like Cleave a lot but holy poo poo that Sorin has to be one of the most underwhelming planeswalkers of all time lol

Dorothea sucks but is getting slammed into my Geisties Angels EDH pile.

fadam fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 28, 2021

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Thalia seems like a good bulwark against izzet control

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

BioThermo posted:

Dang, I finally crafted a play set of Thalia when the memory lapse WCs came in, hopefully she sucks in this limited format so I can pass her every time.

Dorothea looks very bomby for limited.

Laughing at Olivia getting revenge for Sorin creating Avacyn by becoming his grandma.

Cleave seems pretty unnecessary to keyword. I wonder if there will be a single card they print that couldn't be templated with kicker or "you may pay X to cast this card, if you do, perform Y instead."

Isn't great in limited but you're going to put it in your deck every time. It's like a solid B.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I guess. But blood doesn’t give you board or card advantage

It's in the set with disturbed and the standard with flashback?