Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I was about to ask if I needed to reseat my CPU cooler because iCue says my 3600 is hitting 45-50C under light load, but it says 33 degrees in Ryzen Master. How the gently caress are any of these values polled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

theblackw0lf posted:

Some CPU questions.

The Intel 10400 has a 2.9 ghz base cpu while the 11400 is 2.6, yet the 11400 is recommended over the 10400. Is that because it being a newer generation means it’s overall speed is faster?

Also how does the overall speed of the 11400 compare to the AMD 3600 which has a 3.6 base ghz speed?

Finally the Intel 11600 has a 3.9 base ghz speed, which I could get for $40 more (219 for 11400 vs 259 for 11600). Would the extra speed be worth the extra 40? Trying to see how much of a difference it would make.

Pure ghz doesn't matter in appraising CPU performance these days. The 11400 is the best performing of the cheaper CPUs you mentioned and if you can get it at RRP it's the best value.

The 11600 isn't worth it. If you want to spend more get the 5600x, which is the best mid to high range CPU going, but it only performs about 10-15% better than the 11400 iirc so whether it's worth it is up to you.

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 27, 2021

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

change my name posted:

I was about to ask if I needed to reseat my CPU cooler because iCue says my 3600 is hitting 45-50C under light load, but it says 33 degrees in Ryzen Master. How the gently caress are any of these values polled

These seem entirely normal temps. From a quick google Ryzen Master gives the average temps over a small period whereas iCue I guess measures and reports all the spikes.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
What would be the drawbacks of this motherboard? (Asrock b550 pro 4 - $89). To use with an AMD 5600.

https://www.newegg.com/asrock-b550m-pro4/p/N82E16813157939

I plan on doing high end gaming but with only one video card, so I don’t need dual capability.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 27, 2021

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

theblackw0lf posted:

What would be the drawbacks of this motherboard? (Asrock b550 pro 4 - $89)

https://www.newegg.com/asrock-b550m-pro4/p/N82E16813157939

I plan on doing high end gaming but with only one video card, so I don’t need dual capability.

Dual video cards aren't a thing anymore anyway. It's a decent budget b550 board, whether it's suitable for you depends on if you're happy with the I/O and if you need a type C USB header for your case.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Butterfly Valley posted:

Dual video cards aren't a thing anymore anyway. It's a decent budget b550 board, whether it's suitable for you depends on if you're happy with the I/O and if you need a type C USB header for your case.

Thanks. How does this one compare? (Gigabyte b550 Aorus Pro -$99). https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-b550m-aorus-pro/p/N82E16813145213

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

theblackw0lf posted:

Thanks. How does this one compare? (Gigabyte b550 Aorus Pro -$99). https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-b550m-aorus-pro/p/N82E16813145213

drat, is Newegg clearing out the B550 boards to make room for the next generation or what? I have the ITX version of this one and it's pretty good.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
so other than features (like wifi, usb c, bios flashback this like that) the primary deciding factor if a motherboard is "good" or certainly "premium" is the power delivery and VRM cooling.

here's a tier list.

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1137619-motherboard-vrm-tier-list-v2-currently-amd-only/

if you're only going for a 65w chip at stock (not overclocked), like the 5600x, you don't need to worry about it even the worst is fine. then the only differentiating qualities are intangibles like BIOS quality, good customer support and documentation, etc.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

Pure ghz doesn't matter in appraising CPU performance these days. The 11400 is the best performing of the cheaper CPUs you mentioned and if you can get it at RRP it's the best value.

The 11600 isn't worth it. If you want to spend more get the 5600x, which is the best mid to high range CPU going, but it only performs about 10-15% better than the 11400 iirc so whether it's worth it is up to you.

The GHz rating is only useful when comparing within the same generation. intra-generation those numbers don’t matter.

11400 smokes the 10400.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

When, if at all, will the launch of the new Intel chips incentivize AMD to look at the price of their current lineup? Are the stated specs Intel published today enough info for AMD to decide how to position their chips in response? Or do the chips need to actually be reviewed so that the real-world performance can be compared?

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I am about to upgrade my gaming PC and the 5600X / B550 motherboard / DDR4-3600 that I ordered last weekend will arrive over the next few days.

How much buyer's remorse should I have about not buying the i5-12600KF and DDR5 instead?

So far I am consoling myself with:
  • the 5600X draws less power
  • $140 for a B550 motherboard (MSI Tomahawk) was probably a bit cheaper than a Z690 board would have cost
  • maybe I can upgrade in 2022 to a newer (Zen 3+?) CPU and keep the same RAM/motherboard and come out ahead
  • i5-12600KF may be hard to actually buy over the next few months due to supply/demand

Parker Lewis fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Oct 28, 2021

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

We have zero actual real world performance charts for the new Intel chips yet and DDR5 is going to be very expensive and niche for a good while. All of the obviously biased performance charts Intel have released are 1. Running on Windows 11 before they fixed the bug that was slowing AMD down and 2. At 1080p. If you're gaming at higher resolutions you won't see anything like the huge percentage increases that are being thrown around.

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 28, 2021

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
I went back to the PC, decided to give the cables and everything another once-over, didn't find anything different, plugged it in, and it started up immediately. :psyduck:

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Butterfly Valley posted:

We have zero actual real world performance charts for the new Intel chips yet and DDR5 is going to be very expensive and niche for a good while. All of the obviously biased performance charts Intel have released are 1. Running on Windows 11 before they fixed the bug that was slowing AMD down and 2. At 1080p. If you're gaming at higher resolutions you won't see anything like the huge percentage increases that are being thrown around.

That is good enough for me, thanks.

This upgrade from an i7-8700K to the 3600X for 4K gaming with a 3080 was probably a little ill conceived to begin with. I don’t think I am CPU bound on anything I play, but it had been 4 years since I got the i7 and I got the itch to upgrade and was tempted by the prospect of trying Zen 3 for under $500 for the CPU+mobo+RAM.

Maybe I will get some better average/minimum framerates or something out of it.

Parker Lewis fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 28, 2021

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Shear Modulus posted:

When, if at all, will the launch of the new Intel chips incentivize AMD to look at the price of their current lineup? Are the stated specs Intel published today enough info for AMD to decide how to position their chips in response? Or do the chips need to actually be reviewed so that the real-world performance can be compared?

maybe? my hit record with guessing what amd will do is pretty poor, lol. if they're not competitive my intuitive assumption would be amd would have to respond somehow, particularly given with the AM4 socket coming to EoL, they might feel slightly more precarious than they would otherwise. it's probable they'd get completive on price if intel are competitive on performance i mean they usually do.

my personal ethos is genuinely that people tend to overspend on CPU anyway to be totally honest, at least with the current generations of chips and titles :shrug:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Parker Lewis posted:

I am about to upgrade my gaming PC and the 5600X / B550 motherboard / DDR4-3600 that I ordered last weekend will arrive over the next few days.

How much buyer's remorse should I have about not buying the i5-12600KF and DDR5 instead?

So far I am consoling myself with:
  • the 5600X draws less power
  • $140 for a B550 motherboard (MSI Tomahawk) was probably a bit cheaper than a Z690 board would have cost
  • maybe I can upgrade in 2022 to a newer (Zen 3+?) CPU and keep the same RAM/motherboard and come out ahead
  • i5-12600KF may be hard to actually buy over the next few months due to supply/demand

I got exactly the same hardware combo just last week and I feel fine about it.
What people forget is that the 5600x was smoking even the fastest i7s and i9s when it first came out, at half the power consumption. It's a genuine show-stopper that scared the poo poo out of intel and got them doing all sorts of nasty poo poo behind the scenes (such as the L3 cache issue for Windows 11 that made Ryzen look bad just so they could show benchmarks showing leads for alder-lake before the issue got patched)

The 5600x will last you years

And you can always upgrade to the 3d v-cache ryzens next year when they come out, since they are on AM4. They are supposedly about 15-20% faster.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Update on my order

Scan posted:

Your order has been reserved a build slot in our state-of-the-art 3XS lab on 25/11/2021 and is due for despatch on 29/11/2021.

I'm not sure if that is speculative or if that means they're expecting 3080s at that point.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think I already know, but how does this prebuilt look?

https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali570/p/N82E16883360205?item=N82E16883360205

Does the lack of a Ryder and small NVME kill it?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I think I already know, but how does this prebuilt look?

https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali570/p/N82E16883360205?item=N82E16883360205

Does the lack of a Ryder and small NVME kill it?

Ryzen, I assume you mean. And no, not necessarily. The i5 11400 is a perfectly good midrange CPU. The small NVMe is a bummer, but presumably you already have some storage. If you don't, then you'll have to add more additional storage yourself, but that doesn't cost too much more. I've recommended this exact prebuilt before (on the last page). It's far from ideal, but it's a better value than most other midrange prebuilts I've seen. I'll also quote myself here to present another option:

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I forgot to mention it, but there are also these combos on newegg for some Radeon cards: https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?N=100007709%204131%204812&Order=1

The 6600XT is the only one worth considering there. The 6600 is too underpowered for the price, and the 6700XT and up are ebay scalper levels of overpriced. The 6600XT is roughly on par with the 5700XT and a few percent behind the 3060 Ti. It's 1440p capable but shines most at 1080p. These bundles would not be worth buying in a normal market, but in this market they're the most reasonably priced GPUs you'll find openly available for sale, as long as you also make use of the item they come bundled with (not hard if you're building a new PC). With this combo for instance, you couldbuild a decent midrange PC for $1200 or less (as an example, this—though obviously you could build anything with these bundles). That's arguably a better deal than the prebuilts I linked above. What you're losing by going this route is the RTX feature set (the 6600XT is terrible at ray tracing and there's no hardware-assisted upscaling... until Intel opens up XeSS, that is). Just make double sure you're getting an XT model if you go that route.

The specific combo I linked here is out of stock now, but this combo is another option that would let you build a perfectly good Ryzen-based system at only an $80 markup (edit: swapped in another combo). That would get you a solid midrange system with better components and a lower price than equivalent prebuilts since you'd be building it yourself and choosing your own parts. You sorta have to act fast on these combo deals, though. It seems like there are new ones entering and leaving stock every couple days. edit: an example build with this would look like something along these lines, where you get a better CPU than that prebuilt, faster memory, a bigger storage drive, better cooling, and an (arguably) faster GPU for less than $1400. If going above $1200 would hurt too much though, then that prebuilt doesn't seem too bad.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Oct 29, 2021

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

RE: Intel

Intel’s new chip marketing has been hokum and smoke for a long time. It’s so bad, they changed the name of the NM process for their newer chips to obfuscate how far behind they are in the process.

There’s a chance they’ll live up, but I sure as hell won’t believe it until there are third party comparative benchmarks.

If you’re playing above 1080p, and gaming is your main use, there is no benefit to going above a 5600x anyway.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
honestly there's vanishingly little reason to go above a 3600/11400f. gun to my head i suspect i could have ridden the 3300x to my next upgrade tbh

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

The leaks on the 12400 are promising. Rumor is around $100 MSRP for near 5600x performance.

If they pull that off it’ll dominate the market.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I would be stunned if the 12400 was below $200, unless Intel is absolutely desperate or they actually have something great and want to cut AMD's knees out.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

The leaks on the 12400 are promising. Rumor is around $100 MSRP for near 5600x performance.

If they pull that off it’ll dominate the market.

Only if motherboards are affordable, and so far that's looking like Alder Lake's main weakness. If you can't easily get a solid sub-$200 board (preferably a ~$150 one for a 400-tier card), then that eats into the 12400's advantage.
(I assume you mean $100 less)

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

They're not going to sell a $100 CPU like that, c'mon

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I haven't seen any 690 boards under $250 yet, even if it's only $100 (which I doubt) that's still going to cost you

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Hasn't that been the thing with Intel for a while now? Their CPUs are technically cheaper than AMD but the mobos are more expensive so it ends up working out to the same?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

njsykora posted:

Hasn't that been the thing with Intel for a while now? Their CPUs are technically cheaper than AMD but the mobos are more expensive so it ends up working out to the same?

It's only the most recent generation of Ryzen where they increased the prices above equivalent Intel products because they knew they had the best performers on the market, for the previous few years they were still undercutting Intel a lot because AMD still had a lot of ground to make up both in performance and market share after the barren years before.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

The B560 chipset is fairly affordable and capable, more so than some of Intel's previous B-series chipsets (though there were also several very lovely B560 boards). It's just the Z690 for Alder Lake to start things off with though, it looks like, so no lower-cost value-oriented motherboards will be available at first.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
What country are you in? - Finland
What are you using the system for? -Gaming and the usual computer stuff at home.
What's your budget? About 2000€ I can go above if I find a super good deal but would prefer not to. Mouse, keyboard, monitor etc I have, I just need to replace a 10-year old desktop PC.
If you're gaming, what is your monitor resolution / refresh rate? How fancy do you want your graphics, from “it runs” to “Ultra preset as fast as possible”? - Higher end, but without needing water cooling. 2560 x 1440 monitor is what I am looking at buying once I replace the desktop, but that will wait a month or two.

Could you recommend me a pre-built desktop system based on the above due to the impossibility of getting GPU's? Much preferred from a vendor in Finland so possible returns are not super painful, but will look at a good deal from elsewhere.

Edit: Also, are Asus ROG machines any good at all? I read the thread recommendation to stay away from Dell.

Ataxerxes fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 28, 2021

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Ataxerxes posted:

Much preferred from a vendor in Finland so possible returns are not super painful, but will look at a good deal from elsewhere.

Might be better if you have a look yourself and link whatever you find for comment here, unless there's a secret cadre of Finns posting here who are familiar with your local websites.

Also water cooling doesn't equal high end. There's high end air coolers that outperform nearly all AIO water coolers going these days.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

Butterfly Valley posted:

Might be better if you have a look yourself and link whatever you find for comment here, unless there's a secret cadre of Finns posting here who are familiar with your local websites.

Also water cooling doesn't equal high end. There's high end air coolers that outperform nearly all AIO water coolers going these days.

Ah, sure. I'll link the ones I have been looking at.

https://www.gigantti.fi/product/gaming/pelitietokoneet/308793/acer-predator-orion-3000-630-pelitietokone-i71630243070

https://www.jimms.fi/fi/Product/Show/174615/jimms-gtg-pba-v42/jimm-s-powered-by-asus-gtg-invader-pelitietokone

https://mafia.fi/poytakoneet/93325-morse-gamer-i7-11700k16gb1tssdrtx3060.html

https://www.power.fi/tietotekniikka/tietokoneet/poytakoneet/medion-erazer-engineer-x10-rtx3080-poytakone/p-1174051/

These are the ones that would, to me, look decent. Do they seem to have any especially blatant flaws?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I read water cooling is going out of fashion anyway, there are air coolers just as effective and no risk of leaks after some years.
AIOs look nice but again you have to worry about its longevity.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

2 and 3 are both mismatched, with underpowered GPUs relative to the CPUs on offer. 4 is obviously gonna be the best performing given the 3080. However I don't see a single decent case for cooling in any of those links with a special shout out to 2 for being one of the ugliest cases I've ever seen.

I'd say the basic spec of the PC in the first link is the most balanced (11700 and 3070), although the 11700 is kind of meh and the value at €1849 isn't ideal. Honestly the 2nd option in that first link with the 11400 and 3060Ti for €1399 is much more sensible and you wouldn't lose a huge amount of performance over the €1849 option.

The big caveat though is on top of the cases the first site uses looking awful for cooling to the point that thermal throttling could be a real issue, it looks like they're using some weird proprietary motherboard and a 500W PSU which is way below what you'd want for a 3070 and a relatively hungry CPU like the 11700.

Sorry to poo poo on all the options but can you find anything else? With your budget ideally you want to spend most on the GPU, and I wouldn't go any lower than a 3060TI at 1440p, preferably higher, and the CPU a 5600X or 11400 is more than enough. Are there any system integrators where you have more control over exactly what goes into the build?

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 28, 2021

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Ataxerxes posted:

These are the ones that would, to me, look decent. Do they seem to have any especially blatant flaws?

So, for your goal of 1440p gaming, the 3060 Ti should be considered the minimum. The 3060 can do 1440p in a lot of games, but it struggles a little bit in some recent games, and it'll struggle more over the coming years. The 3060 Ti does a much better job at 1440p, though the ideal 1440p GPU is the 3070. That card can handle basically all games out right now at 1440p fully tricked out (a few games require may upscaling if you turn on ray tracing, though this is true for even the top-end cards). The 3080 can do 1440p at very high frame rates, and I have a feeling that it will have fantastic longevity at that resolution.

Based on the specs alone, the 3070 PC is the best sub-2000 euro machine you linked. It is, however, an OEM hell box with a proprietary motherboard form factor. (wtf is this, acer?) The cooling/airflow also seems quite bad, and you're unable to add more case fans, nor can you migrate that system to a new case. You're just stuck with what they give you for the most part. With any luck you can at least replace the CPU cooler, but even that may be impossible if they use a custom mounting system (which does happen sometimes on proprietary OEM boards). So, sadly, I'd say to stay away from this one despite it being a good value on the surface. If you can find any other 3070 machines for near the same price that don't have these issues though, then I'd recommend that.

The 3080 machine is a fair bit more expensive, but it'll give you a mostly proportional increase in gaming performance. I'm not very confident in that InWin 303 rebrand they're using as the chassis though, and I don't like how they're not showing us the insides, but any thermal problems it might ship with should be fixable.

Between the 3060 machines, the "Morse Gamer" one is horribly overpriced, while the Jimm's one seems more reasonable. I do think it's worth it to try to find a 3060 Ti or non-OEM-hell 3070 PC for less than 2000 euro if possible instead of a 3060 one.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 29, 2021

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

The B560 chipset is fairly affordable and capable, more so than some of Intel's previous B-series chipsets (though there were also several very lovely B560 boards). It's just the Z690 for Alder Lake to start things off with though, it looks like, so no lower-cost value-oriented motherboards will be available at first.

This is it.

First boards to market will be targeted at people that will build out power. Value boards come later.

There’s a reason intel hasn’t announced the 12400 yet.

BuddyChrist
Apr 29, 2008
Question for the tech heads here. I've usually built my own but like everyone else I'm frustrated with the GPU market and my current PC is showing its age (i5-4690K / GTX 970) so I've been looking at pre-builts as the only way to get what I want.

As for what I want, my sweet spot is Ryzen 5 5600x / 3060 TI. I've seen a few options like the Maingear Vybe 3060 Ti (https://maingear.com/product/vybe-rtx-3060-ti/)and NZXT Streaming Plus BLD (https://nzxt.com/product/bld-kit-streaming-plus-pc) kit which seem decent to me (especially given the scarcity on the market) but I've read some responses that those may have issues. The latest option I've been looking at is ibuypowerpc's RDY options, specifically https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Gaming-RDY-SLHRG207

Can somebody take a look at these three options and weigh some pros/cons. This is too much money to spend and end up unhappy with the end product due to heat throttling, or poor construction. Especially when it comes to these companies, being (at least formerly) a builder I just don't know how reliable they are.

What country are you in? USA
What are you using the system for? Gaming / Shitposting
What's your budget? Sub $2000 ideally 1600-1800 if possible
If you're gaming, what is your monitor resolution / refresh rate? I currently hit 1080p on medium/high, I'd love 1440p on high/ultra. I usually game on a 4K tv so being able to push that high would be nice but honestly with what I have now I'd be very happy with the 3060 Ti.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
there's a reason noctua targeted the 3070 because it's in a really nice price/performance/efficiency sweet spot. it gets you most of the way there in most titles and other than the vram potentially becoming a problem (which might require some settings compromises) if you want to target the price/performance sweet spot of high framerate 1440p it's very well placed.

it's not something i ever would have bought normally, hell before the pandemic my machine had a 760 in it lol. i just happened to luck into the opportunity when things were bonkers and took it. a year on i'm still supremely glad i did, it's a great card.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Ataxerxes posted:

Ah, sure. I'll link the ones I have been looking at.

https://www.jimms.fi/fi/Product/Show/174615/jimms-gtg-pba-v42/jimm-s-powered-by-asus-gtg-invader-pelitietokone

https://mafia.fi/poytakoneet/93325-morse-gamer-i7-11700k16gb1tssdrtx3060.html

Jimms is good because they do put them together from proper standard parts, has a good reputation, and support etc. is supposedly really good.

I would bookmark this page: https://www.jimms.fi/fi/Product/List/000-0WN/tietokoneet--jimm-s-pelikoneet--jimm-s-gtg-heti-toimitettavissa and check it every day, as they frequently add new systems that are available immediately. I would also hold out for a 3070.

Mafia.fi is actually where me and my family have got computers from over the last decade. Really good service, even though a little pricey.
You can put together your own package: https://mafia.fi/module/g_pcbuilder/build?id=7&rewrite=pakettilaskuri

They do check it and correspond with you to make sure that the parts are compatible, etc. The GPU situation is not amazing from there, and they are not cheap (I don't believe any place in Finland has GPUs anywhere near RRP), but if you were to get a GPU from somewhere else, you can easily add that later yourself when you get your computer. (Probably most people will tell you that everything you find is overpriced, but that just is how it is if you want to get a computer locally - Finland is not a cheap country)

I got my new computer from there last month with a 3080 for 1150e (bargain when you consider they have 3060ti for 850e, and 3070 for 1080e right now) -- but I checked pretty much every day what they had in stock, and had to jump on it immediately.

LampkinsMateSteve fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
Ya'll are thinking about this wrong. The budget 2200g build I slapped together will have a super cheap upgrade path over the next few years when people start fireselling their AM4/DDR4 stuff. :twisted: