Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

facetoucher cat posted:

They're both odd, maybe smart, but they simply don't want to eat people food. The one currently with two eyes will lap up a bit of leftover milk from my cereal but that's about it

I had to switch their wet food after their normal stuff was no longer available due to the pandemic and it went about as well as expected

Cats are loving weird, mine will eat the dark chicken meat from a roasted bird but not the breast meat. She'll also drink the tuna water but won't touch the tuna itself.

I got her the expensive wet food once where they have like chunks of the fish with the scales and bones and stuff in there and she just licked the goop off it and left the rest alone.

She's oddly not at all picky about dry cat food though?

Edit: Here, have a picture of the weirdo

Forseti fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

WampaLord posted:

This is some wannabe zen koan poo poo, who says poo poo like this

Anyone whose spouse makes mid six figures and believes in science.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/CP24/status/1453721446593667079

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/united-alcoholic-beverage-service-to-resume-nov-15.html

lol

I guess it doesn't really matter since people get drunk in the airport anyway. They really just need to ban alcohol from both airports and flights

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Studio posted:

lmao, what are the odds that dude lives in Huntington Beach

Tito noooo

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/thereal_truther/status/1452800810262228997

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/TorontoStar/status/1453721989005262853

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Forseti posted:

Cats are loving weird, mine will eat the dark chicken meat from a roasted bird but not the breast meat. She'll also drink the tuna water but won't touch the tuna itself.

I got her the expensive wet food once where they have like chunks of the fish with the scales and bones and stuff in there and she just licked the goop off it and left the rest alone.

She's oddly not at all picky about dry cat food though?

Oh that's right, the cat with one eye likes dark meat rotisserie chicken but also not white meat but not the dark meat chicken I make

He also likes lettuces. To the point he's got his own 2 little pots of sprouts on the back porch. He prefers mizuna but will eat red leaf lettuce if pressed

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Now he just needs to sell $50 plushies and run a convention

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Casey said NTR confirmed they followed COVID-19 protocols, which apply to both municipally run and private rinks — cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces and areas such as entrances, counters, benches and change rooms.

:shrug:

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/joshdcaplan/status/1453770649273577472

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
The airport really should just let people bring non projectile or bladed weapons on planes with streaming camera and charge people to watch it all unfold

Serve cocktails and call it 'brunch n brawl'

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

facetoucher cat posted:

The airport really should just let people bring non projectile or bladed weapons on planes with streaming camera and charge people to watch it all unfold

Serve cocktails and call it 'brunch n brawl'

You should call it Squid Plane

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

HoAssHo posted:

The first thing you need to know about me is that I'm one of the scientists that made mrna. The second is that I stimulate my genitals while looking at drawings of cartoon animals.

loving lmao

literally laughed out loud at this one

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My weirdo will investigate my food, but usually leave it alone. Fish and chicken seem to be the exception, but only when I've made it fresh.

A million years ago, when I was unemployed, I had to get a new bag of food, and PetSmart was out of her normal salmon and brown rice flavor, so I got Chicken and brown rice. She ate the entire bag, but every night, a minute or so after I fed her, she'd come out of the room, gingerly put both front paws on my arm, sit down and just stare at me sadly, for half an hour.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1453716657776570370

The plan is do nothing

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
I think the convention is a camping one so hopefully outside so at least it’s better than an indoor one but still

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

the best case scenario for Hayes is to wear the hat but I know it's not going to happen

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Wrex Ruckus posted:

the best case scenario for Hayes is to wear the hat but I know it's not going to happen

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Korean Boomhauer posted:

I think the convention is a camping one so hopefully outside so at least it’s better than an indoor one but still

https://howlfest.carrd.co/#campground

quote:

This will be a bring-your-own-tent camping event (we are looking into a tent rental service!). However, there are cabins on the grounds, and there are cabins that can house up to 28 people (7 beds in each quad). There are over 400 beds on the property. The closest hotels are 15-20 minutes away by car. Cabins include: electricity, clean showers, semi-private bathrooms, TempurPedic mattresses, privacy, storage, and weather protection (cabins share a bathroom with an adjacent cabin). We will put information concerning the cabins and their capacity closer to when reservations open.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

actionjackson posted:

https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/united-alcoholic-beverage-service-to-resume-nov-15.html

lol

I guess it doesn't really matter since people get drunk in the airport anyway. They really just need to ban alcohol from both airports and flights

Benzos however should be available every thirty feet in grandmotherly crystal dishes

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

wish we could do that here, instead they grift or become surgeon general of florida

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

now lets see the reverse of that

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/health/2021/10/27/tennessee-bills-may-protect-doctors-who-spread-covid-misinformation/8558229002/

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/ryanstruyk/status/1453768475244126214

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

oh good the plague pits are never going away

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Wrex Ruckus posted:

oh good the plague pits are never going away

my wife dropped this "wait and see" poo poo on me yesterday and I'm just too tired to even talk about it. it doesn't really matter to me because we don't go anywhere anyway but still.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

just complete loving fantasy at all levels lmao

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

yeah next week when the child vax gates open it will be a giant wet fart

people are pinning all their "this will finally end the pandemic" energy on it... don't

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

mod sassinator posted:

just complete loving fantasy at all levels lmao

yet somehow i feel like this is what will happen, we will learn nothing from the experience, and it will only happen again, worse, within a decade

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mod sassinator posted:

yeah next week when the child vax gates open it will be a giant wet fart

people are pinning all their "this will finally end the pandemic" energy on it... don't

Yeah.

The other day I was thinking that perhaps the reason that the CDC/FDA dragged their feet on the child vax for so long is because opening up another segment will make the vax percentage look worse.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

the wait and see poo poo is hilarious, because if you go by person time, there are literally more than 100,000 person years of data. if you expect adverse effects to be normally distributed, statistically someone would have a long-term effect earlier. here is an example:

3,000,000 doses of vaccine X sold worldwide.

Increased risk of event Y within 30 days post immunization, whatever the dose.

Recommended vaccination schedule is three doses at 2, 4, and 6 months of age.

Assumptions: there is no dose effect and all 3,000,000 doses have been administered.

The risk periods following each dose do not overlap.

The person‐time at risk: 3,000,000 * 30 [person‐days] or 3,000,000 * 30/365.2425 * 1/100 000 = 2.46 [100,000 person‐years].

Background incidence rate for event Y is 4.8 cases per 100,000 person‐years (measured on unvaccinated population sharing similar demographic characteristics with the exposed population)

The expected number of cases of event Y: 2.46 * 4.8 = 11.8.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5063172/

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

WoodrowSkillson posted:

yet somehow i feel like this is what will happen, we will learn nothing from the experience, and it will only happen again, worse, within a decade

nah, the dems will fumble to pass anything and the budget/default showdown put off until december will completely overshadow whatever wet fart they put out. dems will take all of the blame for the increasingly worse covid situation and economic/supply chain collapse. trump will start campaigning again and ride to victory in 2024 as completely alzheimered (but still voting) boomers say "we need him back to finish the job he started with covid".. just like the boomers voted george w back in to finish the job he started with the iraq war (a literal thing my boomer dad told me as he voted for george w term two)

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

we will learn nothing from the experience, and it will only happen again, worse, within a decade

hey Obama bailed out the banks, threw up his hands while they turned around and took people's houses, and not only got his party and legacy stomped on but also managed to break American epistemology

A decade later Trump took action to keep people in their houses while handing money to the banks, so you can't say we'll learn nothing this time around. The lesson will probably be that direct checks make people too politicized so they're a bad idea

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1453767573187694595

quote:

In this study, peripheral blood mononuclear cells from young and old patients with COVID-19 were examined phenotypically, transcriptionally and functionally to reveal age-, time- and severity-specific adaptations. Gene signatures within memory B cells and plasmablasts correlated with reduced frequency of antigen-specific B cells and neutralizing antibodies in older patients with severe COVID-19. Moreover, these patients exhibited exacerbated T cell lymphopenia, which correlated with lower plasma interleukin-2, and diminished antigen-specific T cell responses. Single-cell RNA sequencing revealed augmented signatures of activation, exhaustion, cytotoxicity and type I interferon signaling in memory T and natural killer cells with age. Although cytokine storm was evident in both age groups, older individuals exhibited elevated levels of myeloid cell recruiting factors. Furthermore, we observed redistribution of monocyte and dendritic cell subsets and emergence of a suppressive phenotype with severe disease, which was reversed only in young patients over time. This analysis provides new insights into the impact of aging on COVID-19.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Glumwheels posted:

What do you mean they don’t want to spend their day in a cube vs the comforts of their home office or backyard while working?? They love 40 minute commutes!

they keep pushing to move to a hybrid model at my work. luckily (lol), the delta surge got so bad they put it off for the moment, but i'm sure as soon as things are a tiny bit better they will start up on it again. i'm looking forward to driving into work to sit in my cube in Teams meetings all day. very efficient and good

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

E Depois do Adeus posted:

hey Obama bailed out the banks, threw up his hands while they turned around and took people's houses, and not only got his party and legacy stomped on but also managed to break American epistemology

A decade later Trump took action to keep people in their houses while handing money to the banks, so you can't say we'll learn nothing this time around. The lesson will probably be that direct checks make people too politicized so they're a bad idea

newsflash buddy, everybody not on this forum is still bigly for obama and people love the poo poo out of him

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
That "vaccines won't save you from long COVID" preprint is some clickbait headline bullshit and all y'all worried because of it need to take a breath and read the loving paper! It says straight up that one shot will keep you from getting seriously hosed up, while two keeps most poor outcomes at bay.

Don't be D&D smoothbrains, read more than the headline!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

supply is my kink