Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

xzzy posted:

I don't know, some people have really bad taste!

There's not even anywhere to park!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Funny you point that out because that bush on the pond edge in the middle was positioned there to hide the roof of a 4x4 truck that was in the parking lot. :ssh:

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

board by Tom Pepper, on Flickr

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi

:eyepop:

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01
I like this.

Dread Head fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Oct 27, 2021

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

good poo poo

real good poo poo

v pretty

p0stal b0b
May 7, 2003

May contain traces of nuts...

Yes.

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

majour333 fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 28, 2021

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

nice combo

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

love these

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

i specifically asked you not to take a photo in my bathroom

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

I actually got out with my camera!.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Did you forget to focus on something or was this the intent?

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
focussed on the dust

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Aren't we all just cosmic dust?

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Megabound posted:

Did you forget to focus on something or was this the intent?

He focused on his intent!

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGq8sqaBVyE

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

ty

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I don't think I'd normally like this kind of thing but it's done really well here IMO. Would make a cool quadriptych.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

:c00l:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

What location is this?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

The horizon being off is the whole point

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Megabound posted:

Yeah, that's what I got too. The contrasting lines between the sand dune and horizon.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Megabound posted:

Please, enlighten me to the point.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

The photo is centered and aligned around the person, it's very intentional. It gives the person in the photo power, the earth moves around them to their whim.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

i read it like megabound does, its about the person in the landscape rather than just 'landscape with person for scale'

anyway, heres some level poo poo with no people

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Those rule, as always.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

VelociBacon posted:

I don't think I'd normally like this kind of thing but it's done really well here IMO. Would make a cool quadriptych.

Thank you. Wasn't sure about #2 as it's the only one that's not mostly silhouetted.

hope and vaseline posted:

What location is this?

French Alps seen from Switzerland, across Lake Geneva. Pan to the left and you could see Mont Blanc in the distance:

(too far away for my 105mm, really, but good enough to record the moment)

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Megabound posted:

The photo is centered and aligned around the person, it's very intentional. It gives the person in the photo power, the earth moves around them to their whim.

Yeah nah, I don't see that at all. Glad it works for you though.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

Finger Prince posted:

Please, enlighten me to the point.

i wouldn't say i shot the horizon off centre intentionally, but it was definitely intentional not to correct it because that usually the first thing i do

i liked all the off-axis lines swirling around the subject and correcting the horizon would have meant one less axis contributing to the effect. the geography of the location ('carlow sand blow' in Rainbow Beach, queensland) informed the decision as well albeit for reasons that probably make more sense if youve been there. I suppose the point of good landscape photography is to make the geography apparent to the viewer regardless but to be honest i actually meant to post this in the low effort thread

Jerm324
Aug 3, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

maxe posted:

i wouldn't say i shot the horizon off centre intentionally, but it was definitely intentional not to correct it because that usually the first thing i do

i liked all the off-axis lines swirling around the subject and correcting the horizon would have meant one less axis contributing to the effect. the geography of the location ('carlow sand blow' in Rainbow Beach, queensland) informed the decision as well albeit for reasons that probably make more sense if youve been there. I suppose the point of good landscape photography is to make the geography apparent to the viewer regardless but to be honest i actually meant to post this in the low effort thread

Thanks for that explanation. I've played with non-straight horizons before to emphasize something or just to look different and it just never looks right to me. I thought you were probably going for nothing lining up with a horizontal or vertical plane, just for me there's such a strong horizon line, it just looks off.