Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The whole flask system is very flexible so use it to fit holes in your build

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

poemdexter posted:

Yeah I'm completely out of chisels and alch orbs already and I just hit A8. I think I'm spoiled from the last two seasons where you never ran out of anything.

how the hell. i'm taking my sweet time though the atlas still doing whites and yellows in a2, just about to upgrade to a4, and i'm already swimming in alchs despite upgrading every map

chisels always run out tho, at least in my experience

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

poemdexter posted:

Yeah I'm completely out of chisels and alch orbs already and I just hit A8. I think I'm spoiled from the last two seasons where you never ran out of anything.

I have a bunch of alchs, though part of the reason may be because I commit the cardinal sin of "picking up rares" to vendor. I don't play efficiently by any means

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

victrix posted:

the loot this league is so so so so so so bad

I need to get some past expansion content up and running or I'm going to be bailing very early

Has any league mechanic loot ever been worse than krangleverse drops? Nothing comes to mind immediately but the last two leagues I played heavily were Heist and Ultimatum which were just slightly more generous with the drops, while the one after ultimatum I've already largely forgotten because I bounced almost immediately.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Probably prophecy league lol. Betrayal technically didn't have much in the way of raw drops but it introduced scarabs and the masters rework. Not to mention safehouses. I miss poo poo like getting a unique from Bargain.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

what the hell is the playstyle of TR champion.... do i just not hang around to see the loot.... and putting down focus fire totems everywhere all the time is annoying lol

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Jay Rust posted:

Sorry to ask this again but I gots to know:

How handy is the “re-use flask after duration runs out” enchant in practice?
Are the beastcrafted affixes sufficient for regular mapping?

My default is "use at max charges" and I tend to try to roll +charge generation on all flasks except maybe the quicksilver.

The other one I use is the forbidden taste flask with use on savage hit.

Of course if you're relying on them for anti-freeze etc then those, yeah.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Just to double check, there's no way to make a flask automatically deal with Corrupted Blood, right? There's "used when you start bleeding" but I guess that doesn't count.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zero VGS posted:

Just to double check, there's no way to make a flask automatically deal with Corrupted Blood, right? There's "used when you start bleeding" but I guess that doesn't count.

I don't think so sadly. On the other hand now you can get immunity easily at least.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Truga posted:

how the hell. i'm taking my sweet time though the atlas still doing whites and yellows in a2, just about to upgrade to a4, and i'm already swimming in alchs despite upgrading every map

Idk I'm at A5 with pretty decent atlas completion and I can't remember the last time I've been this alch starved, I've been basically maintaining at between 10-20 alchs the whole time, with it being a real choice when it comes to buying Zana's 5-alch maps or doing crafts that use them. I've almost exclusively been using harvest and binding orbs for rolling maps too.

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."
Big changes to scourge rewards announced, coming today NZ time it sounds like. Looks pretty good.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3195939

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

sdr782 posted:

Big changes to scourge rewards announced, coming today NZ time it sounds like. Looks pretty good.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3195939

quote:

Scourged items will no longer be able to generate downsides that would directly counteract their upside. For example, an item with "Added Physical Damage" will not be able to generate "Deal no Physical Damage" as a downside.

god is real

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There was diminishing returns on iiq lmao ??

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

League is set up now to be great

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
So that's the first "oh god our league mechanic/rewards are more hosed than we thought, fix it fix it fix it!" patch. Think there's two more after this?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Expedition was only one and they nailed it in one

Remember metamorph?? Oh god

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.

whypick1 posted:

So that's the first "oh god our league mechanic/rewards are more hosed than we thought, fix it fix it fix it!" patch. Think there's two more after this?

At least one more they already confirmed lol

I wouldn't be surprised another 1-2 after that

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Eh, between this and a couple of the switch conditions being improved, the league seems like it will be fantastic.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Evil Fluffy posted:

Has any league mechanic loot ever been worse than krangleverse drops? Nothing comes to mind immediately but the last two leagues I played heavily were Heist and Ultimatum which were just slightly more generous with the drops, while the one after ultimatum I've already largely forgotten because I bounced almost immediately.

Only ones that come to mind for me are prophecy, and warbands/tempest.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

euphronius posted:

Expedition was only one and they nailed it in one

Remember metamorph?? Oh god

It was so bad at launch lol. I remember doing my first few metamorphs after that patch and just being blown away at the loot piles. Night and day

Looking forward to actually running a scourged map at some point!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Two weeks in metamorph was the besttttt. Map hack! Tane!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
new record for me, completed act 10 and was missing 7 passive points lol

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Does that count The Way Forward? :v:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i remembered that one before finishing a2 this time around!!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jay Rust posted:

How handy is the re-use flask after duration runs out enchant in practice?

I think that one can be pretty good with the correct affixes, Fyre uses that enchant on his most recent PoB and I saw someone making a video about having 100% uptime that way on flasks.

Other than that I run damping/sealing/warding but it varies depending on your build's immunities and poo poo.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
kinda sad we never got a fyrefest thread title out of that league start shitshow

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jay Rust posted:

Its probably loving epic on Pathfinder lol.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Jay Rust posted:

it's v good, albeit most people set up non-pathfinder autoflasking by putting 'use on full' on your flasks + running a use on full overflowing chalice to maximize uptime/charge generation. Optional 'use on hitting a rare/unique mob' for dps flasks

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Herstory Begins Now posted:

kinda sad we never got a fyrefest thread title out of that league start shitshow

The youtube he posted in response to the backlash had the funniest fuckin thumbnail I've ever seen. Looked like they pulled him outta abu ghraib lmao

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Annoyed to find out that the “use when bleeding” flask enchant does not work on corrupted blood

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

euphronius posted:

Yup it seemed pretty obvious and im glad they stated it straight up

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Put it on an Overflowing Chalice and watch your other flasks never run out. With a pathfinder you can effectively set up perma flasks like this, giving you a cheapo Mageblood.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Fister Roboto posted:

Put it on an Overflowing Chalice and watch your other flasks never run out. With a pathfinder you can effectively set up perma flasks like this, giving you a cheapo Mageblood.

Does this only work for pathfinders? I don't get how it would work for anyone else at least, but I'm extremely stupid.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Didn't get to start until Monday, and haven't had a ton of time to play in the evenings, so only now starting act 6.

Poisonous concoction is extremely fun. I'm sure it'll get cratered next league, but man, I think this game would be so much better if they went the opposite direction and had more skills be this powerful at least through the campaign. I wish there more great options. Feels like there's only 4-5 good skills to get through the campaign with, and everything else is so much worse until maps.

The new skill tree is great. Scourge is still pointless while leveling but fun. The campaign is still a slog overall, and I was really hoping poe2 would fix this. But since they want the extra to be even harder, I don't see that time shrinking anymore.

I'm really excited to get to the new trimmed down endgame. Should be able to get there this weekend.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

500 good dogs posted:

Does this only work for pathfinders? I don't get how it would work for anyone else at least, but I'm extremely stupid.

You could just stack charge gain or duration. The new green survival jewel gives 50% duration for only -20% charges, easily offset with a belt.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

I've been trying forever to get my flasks to "use when charges are full" but I've only managed one. My other one is "use when adjacent flask is used" but gently caress... I can't loving find those stupid purple enchants to save my life just so I have a chance at maybe getting a flask enchant I want. I'd love to have constantly used flasks while mapping as a way of guaranteeing ailment immunity but the game just won't cooperate.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Truga posted:

I don't pick up rares off the ground. I guess I should start ugh.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

poemdexter posted:

I've been trying forever to get my flasks to "use when charges are full" but I've only managed one. My other one is "use when adjacent flask is used" but gently caress... I can't loving find those stupid purple enchants to save my life just so I have a chance at maybe getting a flask enchant I want. I'd love to have constantly used flasks while mapping as a way of guaranteeing ailment immunity but the game just won't cooperate.

They added the ability to craft them on the bench for 5 instilling/5 glassblowers, so at endgame you should have a much more reliable way of creating your setup.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm hitting a bit of a snag at T14 maps alch'd and all that noise with the TS build, but I still have some room for upgrading so I'm not super worried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

euphronius posted:

That's basically mandatory, they just messed up the curve.

Edit: or I guess it would have been mandatory if they went with the concept of scourge mobs respawning, but you can full clear the scourge side of the map so there's a hard cap already

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Oct 29, 2021