Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Does anyone know where this scene is from?

https://i.imgur.com/MTdhsmG.mp4

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Feliday Melody posted:

Owari no seraph

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Owari no season 3 :argh:

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Erg posted:

Owari no seraph

Wow you work fast. Thanks.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Erg's the biggest fan of whatever that is

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Feliday Melody posted:

I think this lady missed the apple entirely.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Red Minjo posted:

I think this lady missed the apple entirely.

I think it looks like that too haha!

But I like the scene and whatever its from I want to check it out.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

She now has apple skin stuck in her gums.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

homeless snail posted:

oh sick, someone picked corrector yui 2 back up, now I know what i'm streaming after halloween

Hell yes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

owari no seraph's decent. great designs.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Erg posted:

Owari no season 3 :argh:

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://files.catbox.moe/9swh6a.mp4

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is there a general thread for Lupin III or just the thread for the Part 6 anime?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

Is there a general thread for Lupin III or just the thread for the Part 6 anime?

Make the thread u want to read

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Namtab posted:

Make the thread u want to read

Okay.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

The existing thread IS a general purpose one, just post whatever you want there:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3982336

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 28, 2021

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

SRW30 is pretty cool so far even if I know less than nothing about any of the series included and only played a single SRW game back in the DS days.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

This looks kind of cool. Is it just called Noir (the one on Funimation)?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

SRW30 is pretty cool so far even if I know less than nothing about any of the series included and only played a single SRW game back in the DS days.
i hope it motivates you to watch all of them

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Furnaceface posted:

As far as I've heard, SRW assumes that and will explain what is important to you.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I have only ever played srw games while knowing like 2 or 3 series tops. It's pretty rad.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the game has to be designed both for people who can rattle off the names of every brave series show including the 3 that were meant to be brave shows but got changed at the last minute and also people who have watched one anime in their life and its code geass. so yeah, youre fine

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Furnaceface posted:

This looks kind of cool. Is it just called Noir (the one on Funimation)?

Yeah. The music by Yuki Kajiura is really good but the action choreography gets dull after a while. For every cool scene like that there's ten more where it's just Kirika or Mirielle shooting their guns at the camera then it cuts to a bunch of guys falling over.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I like everything about SRW except actually playing them

I'm glad english speakers are allowed to finally play SRW, though

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
always have been

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Captain Baal posted:

always have been

You know what I mean!!

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
back in my day the only SRW in english was SRW3, which didn't even have animated sprites

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’ve heard a lot about SRW but haven’t played a single one. What’s the actual gameplay portion like out of curiosity?

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
now we just need the folks on this forum who translated most of the touhou srw games to get hired out of nowhere for an official English translation I can play on my switch

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

They're strategy games with a bunch of upgradable units that have passive and active skills and a bunch of meter and ammo-based weapons. They're fanservice games though, so in the modern games especially the default difficulties are very lenient and about messing around with your favs over anything really taxing.

e: 30 in particular will straight up say things like "these guys are really weak, so just mess around and figure things out!" for the first two stages' objective text

Motto fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 29, 2021

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Honestly I feel like most of the games I've played have kind of been in an ideal sweetspot in terms of difficulty for this sort of thing - they're almost never so punishing that you'll have to optimize your favorite unit out of the lineup or even out of something close to a starring role (unless you're just wildly in love with a Katz-From-Z-Gundam tier support character I guess), but the later stages are pretty good about at least forcing you to take advantage of everyone's special abilities and generally have everyone play their class, and then there's optional skill-point objectives that I generally find pretty genuinely challenging on top of that without ever threatening raw progression.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
in srwv i managed to build boss borot into a viable tank and used the side cast of cross ange for at least 40% of the game

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Colonel posted:

in srwv i managed to build boss borot into a viable tank and used the side cast of cross ange for at least 40% of the game

I had Roux steal Hathaway's Gundam to make up for Kamille stealing hers

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Roux really is the coolest ZZ.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you can also pretty easily make the games harder by not upgrading units as much/at all, or not using spirits. its fairly easy to 'pick' your difficulty. that said the games dont have a ton of tactical variation usually, theyre mostly statchecks and resource management of your units sp pools and such.

srw isnt really aiming to be difficult, theyre aiming to express the series mechanically. so stuff like lelouch not being a great unit but being able to toss out buffs on his turn makes sense as a mechanical expression of him being a tactician. that kinda thing. (except in z2.2 where he just shat his AOE weapon out every turn and got 300 kills, but shh)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
drat Gridman was loving good

Ibblebibble posted:

Roux really is the coolest ZZ.

agreed

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

my favorite thing i ever did was put south burning in the dendrobium in alpha gaiden, which turns out to create some kind of furious god unit once you bolt on enough en regen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i am more down on rayearth 2 than i ever expected to be

which is hosed up cause it has so many scenes that, in a vacuum, are some of the best scenes ever created

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Oct 29, 2021