Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Between M*ltzer, my ex-wife, the tenant from hell, and general chumpfuckery, this has been a cromulent twatwaffleable of a day.

billy need drinky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1453729915807797258

everyone suddenly being very tired of this guy's poo poo is extremely satisfying

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Huh Adam Cole appears to be trending I wonder what folks are talking abou-

https://twitter.com/bernardomayne/status/1453539210229596160

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Can someone please explain the "catering" thing to me? I'd never heard it before Britt threw it at Ruby as some kind of insult that I didn't understand and now I see it everywhere.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Elephant Ambush posted:

Can someone please explain the "catering" thing to me? I'd never heard it before Britt threw it at Ruby as some kind of insult that I didn't understand and now I see it everywhere.

It's where half of WWE's roster is

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
catering is the location of the catering service that the show is using to feed the talent during the filming day. People being trapped in catering are showing up to work and then not being used on the show so they just kind of hang around catering.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

you had to show up to the arena for work, but you're not actually booked on the show, so you sit in catering all day/night and go home

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Elephant Ambush posted:

Can someone please explain the "catering" thing to me?

forced to show up to work but are told upon arrival 'creative didnt write anything for you this week'

ruby wrestled like 7 matches in wwe in 5 years

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I think it was initially a WCW thing (they flew literally everyone to every TV taping even when they had a roster of roughly 2 million; one of their efficiency savings was the radical move of only flying needed people to TV) but WWE started doing it and now they have so much money it’s the sort of thing they can do to enable their scattershot dumb booking and screw the cost or the morale impacts

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Thanks everyone! :tipshat:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Al Konuwa sucks poo poo and I'm glad he's finally picked on the wrong person so everyone can stop boosting his garbage.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Between M*ltzer, my ex-wife, the tenant from hell, and general chumpfuckery, this has been a cromulent twatwaffleable of a day.

:perfect:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

graph posted:

forced to show up to work but are told upon arrival 'creative didnt write anything for you this week'

Which is why it makes no sense at all as an insult for WWE who book their shows ahead of time and tend to use everyone they bring in. Worst that happens is you'll have a match on Dark.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Who is Al Konuwa? I hadn’t heard of this guy until a few weeks ago and now he seems to be everywhere.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
He's a wwf shill forbes blogger.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/BilliK100/status/1453776680863027206?t=nsvBZj-Y5JcnxGmGnFwufA&s=19

https://twitter.com/BilliK100/status/1453754849812783119?t=VrtMdt49y6u5_NaQz6q8NA&s=19

#CancelCulture survivor. Unapologetic #SJW antagonist.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Who is Al Konuwa? I hadn’t heard of this guy until a few weeks ago and now he seems to be everywhere.
Trying to get in a little late to the party on saying bad things about AEW to grift WWE fans because WWE fans are the most oppressed fans in wrestling. Known for saying things like "Latinx wrestlers and Asians don't count as PoC in America because they have Lucha Libre and Puro" and generally talking about how AEW doesn't treat their black wrestlers as good as WWE because they put their secondary World Title on people like Kofi and Bianca while forgetting how badly they were actually booked as champion before losing them in seconds to white people.

While he might have some valid points on the visibility of black wrestlers it's mostly fake concern for clicks, even black wrestling twitter are calling him out now

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I think Bill Shannon’s dumb takes frustrate me more than they should due to his Pixar filter avatar.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

Tampa Bae posted:

Trying to get in a little late to the party on saying bad things about AEW to grift WWE fans because WWE fans are the most oppressed fans in wrestling. Known for saying things like "Latinx wrestlers and Asians don't count as PoC in America because they have Lucha Libre and Puro" and generally talking about how AEW doesn't treat their black wrestlers as good as WWE because they put their secondary World Title on people like Kofi and Bianca while forgetting how badly they were actually booked as champion before losing them in seconds to white people.

While he might have some valid points on the visibility of black wrestlers it's mostly fake concern for clicks, even black wrestling twitter are calling him out now

he's been a pro-wwe troll for a while now. he wrote an article on how cool it is that hulk hogan survived getting cancelled and could return to wwe back in 2017, and now his grift is acting like the company that has a decades long history of overt racism is woke, actually

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
ThisisNasty got impressively low engagement for years and years, and really even now doing phrenology doesn't do incredible engagement for most of his posts. Even when he was agreeing with Raj's remark that Shida is only pushed because she's dating Kenny (neither of which are true) on a podcast he got basically forgotten compared to Raj.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

graph posted:

And Ruby Soho is very much a perfect example of WWE squandering talent with maximum efficiency. If utilised appropriately, at worst Ruby Riott would have been a solid hand in the women's division with a few title runs under her belt.

I said before that Bryan Danielson, Malakai Black, Adam Cole and Andrade leaving WWE for AEW is akin to Jericho or the Radicalz leaving WCW for the WWF. Honestly, you could probably put her move to AEW into a similar category.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Fart Radio posted:

he's been a pro-wwe troll for a while now. he wrote an article on how cool it is that hulk hogan survived getting cancelled and could return to wwe back in 2017, and now his grift is acting like the company that has a decades long history of overt racism is woke, actually

To be fair, Hogan did pay the ultimate price!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

JT Smiley posted:

To be fair, Hogan did pay the ultimate price!

People watching you gently caress after a big spaghetti meal.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

This guy is a troll, right? There's no way anyone is this stupid. Like does this dude think contract signings during main event slots are the best thing ever?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I guarantee if you dig hard enough you're gonna find that guy saying young black talent need to stop being so "uppity" about Hogan's return.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

This guy is a troll, right? There's no way anyone is this stupid. Like does this dude think contract signings during main event slots are the best thing ever?

he's was on big brother uk apparently, he thinks he's working a gimmick

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I'm genuinely confused about what people who think "the wrestling is the boring part of professional wrestling" are watching for. Surely they can get it from somewhere else.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Lamuella posted:

I'm genuinely confused about what people who think "the wrestling is the boring part of professional wrestling" are watching for. Surely they can get it from somewhere else.

They're watching for the characters and the stories and the drama and the moments. The wrestling is a brief interlude to hit a plot beat, like Drew coming into Smackdown, Sami Zayne confronting him and Drew beating him in a match isn't about what happened in the match, it's that Drew won and that means he's strong and should be treated like a big deal, while Sami is a dork who can't beat the new guy.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Lamuella posted:

I watch Dragonball Z for the charging up and discussions of power levels.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lamuella posted:

Did you see these I posted a while back?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
It's a genuine crime that Vince has spent decades insisting that wrestling is the worst part about wrestling and now there's a whole generation of idiots regurgitating it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Renaissance Spam posted:

They're watching for the characters and the stories and the drama and the moments. The wrestling is a brief interlude to hit a plot beat, like Drew coming into Smackdown, Sami Zayne confronting him and Drew beating him in a match isn't about what happened in the match, it's that Drew won and that means he's strong and should be treated like a big deal, while Sami is a dork who can't beat the new guy.

If you want to watch poorly acted & scripted dramas that don't feature lots of wrestling & are absolute full of continuity fuckups & treat the audience like morons there's probably better choices out there for you than wrestling though.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

SonicRulez posted:

It's a genuine crime that Vince has spent decades insisting that wrestling is the worst part about wrestling and now there's a whole generation of idiots regurgitating it.

it's not the whole generation, it's just the people who didn't stop watching. they've successfully driven away all but the most perfect idiots

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

It’s very important to me that the thing I like attract more viewers who are only kind of half paying attention.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The argument that WWE is watched more than other companies because they have less wrestling on the pro wrestling show makes me want to loving scream

Edit: In a fandom filled to the brim with unbelievably braindead takes, that one might be the most infuriating one

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 28, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

You better be careful, he might put on a pair of sunglasses and go sit in his car and film a video lambasting you!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I watch monster truck rallies exclusively for engine revving and nothing else. VROOM VROOM

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

sticklefifer posted:

I watch monster truck rallies exclusively for engine revving and nothing else. VROOM VROOM

I only watch them for the long term storytelling like a true patrician

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Ungeeto/status/1453471712767463424

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

drat that would be cool.