Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

pokchu posted:

oh my god this war is never going to end

I look forward to logging on later lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
High point of the evening; taking part in the storming of blemish after the storm cannon we’d been teching for the past few days blasted open the defences at the gates :getin:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Bah that was like 2 AM for me, couldn't stay up for it. That was like 6 storm cannons or something ridiculous wasn't it? Sounded like an entire town was just going to get smeared off the map.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uEpr4NWlUg

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Wow, that's impressive. And a minimum of people yelling at each other to get the gently caress out of the way in French? You guys have certainly upgraded your operations since I played regularly!

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

I made an effort post wish list

quote:

Motor Pools: a buildable garage that stores vehicles in an assembled state with fuel in them (destructible)
ship wreckers: spots on the map like ports that allow ships to be torn down for materials
Recyclers: buildings either on the map or player built that allows weapons/ammo/packaged vehicles to be turned into a materials but not 1:1 of what was required to build item (destructible)
Mobile Bridges: a factory built item that is shipped and stored packaged requires cranes to place 2x pieces on a destroyed bridge to make a usable bridge faster than repairing it but not as strong as a regular bridge (destructible)
Pontoon Bridges: player made or factory made items that are built via a beach and requires on section to connect to the next like a trench (destructible)
Field Refinery: Refineries built by players but have a reduced speed efficiency compared to ones already on the map must be built next to a Garrison base (destructible)
Field Depots: Player built Storage Depots that can be built anywhere on the map but near a Field Logistics Base. (destructible)
Field Logistics Base: a player built base type that can be built anywhere like a Bunker Base but is not suitable for the front lines has less possible AI and defense buildings than all other bases but allows Field Factories, Field Refineries, and Field Depots

Rework hammer build menu to only have items that can be built anywhere
Create new build item like a socket wrench or drill that builds items that can only be built near bases
Remove storage depots from everywhere but major cities
Pillboxes/Defenses: place a limit on the amount of AI controlled pillboxes/defenses
Create a siege buster tank that has strong frontal armor but paper thin side and rear armor and a 120mm that can 1 shot pillboxes and ATG pillboxes, 2 shot wooden bunkers and trenches, and 6 shot a concrete bunker, carries a small amount of ammo (say 4 rounds) and short gun range
New Arty Ammo:
Fragmentation/Shrapnel: deals higher infantry damage but no damage to vehicles or static items
Flares: lights area for a period of time large area of effect
Incendiary: sets explosion area on fire for a short period
Green Ash Gas: acts like the Green Ash Grenade but larger area and longer time on map
Heavy Round: a round with no explosion made of concrete, inaccurate, 1 hits vehicles if direct hit and leaves artillery holes on the ground

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

As I said in chat, I am a woman of simple needs. Give me a tow truck or a trailer hitch. It itches my spine to see all those abandoned trucks and then contemplate the amount of coordination it would take to put a team together to go clean up a spot.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
They briefly had gas mortar shells earlier but took them out as they were spammed too much and nobody made any other shell?

I do think an early war artillery self propelled piece would be good though for breaking the miles of T2 Bunker spam. Make it like one of those German/Czech early WW2 dealies where is essentially a platform with treads and a gun.

Also this loving war needs to end.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Nine of Eight posted:

High point of the evening; taking part in the storming of blemish after the storm cannon we’d been teching for the past few days blasted open the defences at the gates :getin:

Lol that was pretty great. Highlight was handing some SSG a pair of binocs I found on a corpse so he could watch the fireworks.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Looks like the war is coming to a close. One VP remains!

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
did ze wardens win

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Holy poo poo

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Port Factorio is so insane devs had to nerf tech gains because of how much more tmats we were getting with our insane scooping efforts.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Six times did I watch us be pushed back from the gates of Silk Farms

gently caress it war 83 bad i go bed

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths

wardens playing on easiest difficulty confirmed...

in all seriousness this is impressive as hell and explains a lot with us colonials struggling to keep up in the tank, tech, or really any part of the resource war... every single front during the war was always running critical shorts on things as a colonial; it'll be interesting to see if coli logi gets more organized next war but I have my doubts.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Volmarias posted:

Holy poo poo

No poo poo this is like a How It's Made

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

He was alone, under a bridge, behind the front lines. We Gottem.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/735610831429042278/903575801490980914/2021-10-29_03-17-09_Trim.mp4

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

https://foxholestats.com/images/history/videos/WC83.mp4

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Four nukes? Talk about scorched earth!

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
Our long national nightmare is over.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

LegionAreI posted:

Four nukes? Talk about scorched earth!

all nukes got launched.
1 collie nuke hit the tankline at silkfarms
while siege nuke hit BB because the spotter wanted to nuke something, instead of passing the nuke to next spotter.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

They need to find a better alternative way to end a game than rocket tossing.

We almost broke through with an insane over 10 push gun with tank flank push this morning, right up to the gates their outer BB concrete reduced to dust. Then their 120/150 desperation batteries decrewed these guns and they blew up because like always we've got more tank dudes than infantry dudes.

This War was fun, until a week ago. Colonial fought hard and aside from lovely streamer/tank whinging in general were good sports and gave us a challenge. It's just a shame the VP points and bad weather drained our energy and morale to the point of near burnout. Hopefully the next one will have less Victory Points and more Logistic facilities in back/midline so you are just driving trucks constantly.

Thanks for playing those taking a long break or switching to the Colonials for the next one in a few days. If GOON burnout is not too bad, we might attempt to make some frontline storm cannons but we can put that on hold if people are frazzled or Siege Foot does the same bullshit with logistic facilities.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

SeanBeansShako posted:

They need to find a better alternative way to end a game than rocket tossing.

We almost broke through with an insane over 10 push gun with tank flank push this morning, right up to the gates their outer BB concrete reduced to dust. Then their 120/150 desperation batteries decrewed these guns and they blew up because like always we've got more tank dudes than infantry dudes.

This War was fun, until a week ago. Colonial fought hard and aside from lovely streamer/tank whinging in general were good sports and gave us a challenge. It's just a shame the VP points and bad weather drained our energy and morale to the point of near burnout. Hopefully the next one will have less Victory Points and more Logistic facilities in back/midline so you are just driving trucks constantly.

Thanks for playing those taking a long break or switching to the Colonials for the next one in a few days. If GOON burnout is not too bad, we might attempt to make some frontline storm cannons but we can put that on hold if people are frazzled or Siege Foot does the same bullshit with logistic facilities.

With the new war starting TOMORROW I think we should probably put mass building projects on hold. I have a feeling its going to be a 2 week colonial roll, and having 30 hours between wars when this one was 35 days long is ridiculous.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

A lot of Warden veterans might be kicking their heels for the next one too sadly, long rough wars do this.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

I'm gonna be taking like a month off to catch up on genshin lol.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

War 84, folks.

Warden goons: I'm thinking about trying to hold Ft. Duncan, but this time from the enemy's perspective!

Any other ideas?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The collies don't have any snow gear, do they?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Love this split because it drastically reduces the chances of bridge battles aka boring hell

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

It looks like the map is modified to have the borders lie on a river. Sorry, bridge hell forever.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
But... Wardens can't survive without narrow logi roads and endless snow. :(

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Don't worry, these blizzards will strangely stop at the east/west border

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

LegionAreI posted:

But... Wardens can't survive without narrow logi roads and endless snow. :(

The first time I drove on a collie logi road I got violently angry.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

MrYenko posted:

Those USED to be Warden roads. The collies invaded the south and took them.

I can never forgive them for this.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

MrYenko posted:

I was pretty pissed off walking around the storm-cannoned corpse of Blemish. loving place has walls for it's walls and chokepoints where there aren't walls and an obscene number of safe houses and terrain stacked in it's defense. At some point you got to stop giving the defenders more and more advantages, holy poo poo.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Don't worry boys, we'll be home by Christmas

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
My friend recorded a small flanking maneuver he did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIDIsmR6Wwk

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
War remains hell.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I wanted to share this steam review I saw on another forum. You might already have seen it.

quote:

"some people called me crazy for farming scraps for hours, in one of our Scrap yards. But they did not expect, to keep gettin tons of supplies. Every time they saw me still mining the scrap, they try to tell me to stop mining, but i always said we can never get enough of scrap.

after of hours of mining, and more scraps to the logistic. Then suddenly some from the logistic squad, told me to follow them in one of they trucks. They showed me what they have build from the scraps, that i have delivered to them. They showed me a base full of foxe holes, Pilboxes, and many more. They said to me, ''because of you we could make this outpost, because of you we could keep pushing the enemies, with out worrying about supplies''

they told tales about me in the front, about a crazy guy in the scrap yard. They called it the Reds Scrap yard, while they even added a order that shows where it was, it was not much but soon most of my team knew who i was. They keep visiting, me Commending. I told them not do it, i just did this to help our team, one of them said in chat. ''Not all heroes wear capes'' But i said to him, ''not all heroes are sane'' because i mined in that spot for almost 8 hours."

I thought it was really cool.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
War could feasibly be over today by capping Jade Cove, Origin & Ash Fields.