Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

He didn't have to. It was a part of the big villain program. It was entirely designed to make his arching better.

I like to think the guild forced St.Cloud to do it after he sexually harassed Billy by making him watch as he washed his balls with a puppet in the shower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Machai posted:

I like to think the guild forced St.Cloud to do it after he sexually harassed Billy by making him watch as he washed his balls with a puppet in the shower.

Pretty sure Guild members do worse on a near daily basis. Was more that St Cloud almost certainly tops the ranks of 'most pathetic villains' (when Brick Frog looks more threatening than you...) and just kinda brings the whole brand down.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
St. Cloud is unreasonably rich and the program lets the guild sell toys to him at profit. No other explanation needed.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
yeah he's a supervillainy whale, a few villains like him can subsidize the whole operation.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Augustus St. Cloud Imperium

(he'd totally back Star Citizen)

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

uber_stoat posted:

yeah he's a supervillainy whale
No, I think you're thinking of this guy

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
His name is Wide Wale.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I just got that pun.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

pixaal posted:

I almost want to see a full level 10 St Cloud with Lakitu cloud and lighting rod or something, rifle just doesn't fit him. I could see him playing a wizard though.

A time skip actually could be really fun.

A timeskip would surely be used to confuse and anger fans with a bunch of major changes and events that happened offscreen. So I'm entirely in favor of it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I want them to time skip 30 years ahead.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Man the blue morpho season is so drat good.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ruddiger posted:

Dream Team

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

ruddiger posted:

it's why i was so pissed they got cancelled. the show was better than it had ever been, just total top of the game, and then bang cancelled.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

uber_stoat posted:

it's why i was so pissed they got cancelled. the show was better than it had ever been, just total top of the game, and then bang cancelled.

:capitalism:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I was angry. Night Dick levels of rage.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pretty sure Guild members do worse on a near daily basis.

You'll find that the Guild video Orpheus watched specifically called out that sort of business as the sort of inappropriate behavior that a vetted and approved antagonist will not do.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

SeanBeansShako posted:

He laughed at the name

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

SeanBeansShako posted:

He laughed at the name.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

SeanBeansShako posted:

But it wasn't Blind levels of Rage. :colbert:

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

TK-42-1 posted:

He laughed at the name

I keep tellin' ya....

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So who'd win in a fight?

Season 1 Monarch Henchmen or the Osiris cult?

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
I thought you said voile

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

The Osiris Cult had the Ventures pretty licked, they had to call for outside help. I don't see the henchmen being able to overcome them.

Edit: they had to recruit a second, time displaced, Brock Sampson for crying out loud

do you really think the Monarch's henchmen could handle a two-Brock problem? i don't think so

LashLightning fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Oct 19, 2021

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

uber_stoat posted:

I dunno if seasons 6-7 top season 4, but as far as a show goes about completely reinventing it's own setting and subject matter while keeping the tone and cast almost entirely intact, it's pretty frigging incredible.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The quality of literally everything just consistently improved throughout the entire run of the show. That's why the breaks were tolerable: whatever came next was going to be even better.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Sokani posted:

I thought you said voile

Get out of here! I'm serious! I don't even want to look at you anymore!

Ugh.Believers these days....

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

What happened to the annoying one?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

We ate him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
e: ^^^^^^^^^:argh:

TK-42-1 posted:

What happened to the annoying one?

We ate him.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I love Brock in that episode because that is where all the pieces come together and they found his groove.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Brock became a real character to me in midlife chrysalis. Warbutrons delivery of ‘you never welch on a bet Dean. drink it. then go to bed’ is one of the funniest moments in the show to me. It’s when the dialogue really hit its natural stride that made them feel like real people in an insane world.

It’s like a bookend to the ‘Why isn’t Hank being haunted?’ ‘Cause I’m a good person?’ exchange in s7. Whole show is a masterclass in writing dialogue.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The way he just rattles it off immediately, as though on autopilot, because he’s beat up and exhausted and his mind is miles away, and you know he’s said things like that to them a thousand times before, always taking some form of priority in his crazy violent life. Always loved that scene

“Be a maaAAAaaan…

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

https://twitter.com/jacksonpublick/status/1454140528329564160

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Do it. Blow all your wads, guys.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Nilbop posted:

Do it. Blow all your wads, guys.

I think I just did

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Gimme

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

So pumped. A decent send-off is all I ask from this wonderful show that's given me a lot of happy memories.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
I look forward to watching this in 4 years

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
It will be well worth the 6 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Every once in a while, I’ll quietly say to myself “scooby doo game, which witch…”