Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

save states are epic. the only thing more epic than save sattes is putting every nes game on physical media (an sdcard) and playing on the only good console (a mister fpga) on an oled monitor. no crt mind control beams telling me to support israel! i'm free!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

American McGay posted:

Iron Tank is cool.

i never played that but its probalby terrible like most nes games

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

save stater hits brick wall in game that has infinite lives

it doesn't have infinite lives. :confused:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

save states are epic. the only thing more epic than save sattes is putting every nes game on physical media (an sdcard) and playing on the only good console (a mister fpga) on an oled monitor. no crt mind control beams telling me to support israel! i'm free!

lol

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

SNK took the exact same route that Capcom did for NES development, contract Micronics for a few arcade ports and then kick them to the curb for in-house development

Micronics wasn't ringing a bell for me but I looked it up and sure enough they did the horrendous NES port of Athena.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

P-Mack posted:

Micronics wasn't ringing a bell for me but I looked it up and sure enough they did the horrendous NES port of Athena.

that one is coming up for me in awhile if i can ever get rambo past level 2.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

athena's name is magic

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The biggest crime with NES Athena is SJWs removing the bikini box art and cassette tape for the American release

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

athena's name is magic

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

lol

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

No More Heroes (Switch)
Played other Suda games before but none of the No More Heroes games. I liked this one a lot better.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
bloodstained. game rules. played the switch version because thats what i got from the kickstarter and by the time word got out it was terrible it was too late to change it. indefensibly bad port even two years later

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

bloodstained. game rules. played the switch version because thats what i got from the kickstarter and by the time word got out it was terrible it was too late to change it. indefensibly bad port even two years later

i like it a lot but ive never finished it bc I kept falling through the floor on the circular tower battle against the dragon.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
FF1 Pixel Remaster

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

b_d posted:

whats up guys. in training here about to play and beat the ultimate level of mario galaxy 2. :cool: just using a lil cheat code to get the star bits i need. :D time to select and resume my save file without incident.
is that a ICE DRAGON???

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ghost trick

everyone needs to play this game immediately

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Its so good mate

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

mbt posted:

ghost trick

everyone needs to play this game immediately

It rules

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

dragon quest (gbc). doing a victory lap kicks rear end

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Monster Train

Deciding when I "beat" this is a little arbitrary, but I cleared all 25 covenant levels, and beat the DLC boss a few times as well as getting at least one win with each team combo, so I feel I'm done.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1. Resident Evil 3 Remake
2. Super Mario 3D World/Bowser's Fury
3. Deus Ex
4. Persona 5 Strikers
5. Nier Replicant
6. Resident Evil: Village
7. Mass Effect 1: Legendary Edition - Paragon, romanced Liara, Sentinel
8. Mass Effect 2: Legendary Edition - Paragon, didn't cheat on Liara, Infiltrator, all DLC done
9. Mass Effect 3: Legendary Edition - Paragon, synthesis, stayed with Liara, all DLC done
10. Episode of Yuffie
11. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
12. Halo 3 Co-Op (replay)
13. Halo 4 Co-Op
14. Yakuza 4
15.The Great Ace Attorney Adventures
16. Quake
17. Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
18. The Punisher (1993) (Genesis)
19. Wild Guns - Annie
20. Actraiser
21. Gitaroo Man Lives
22. Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve
23. Metroid Dread
24. Luigi's Mansion

Pretty neat little game, like a kid's Resident Evil game. Only thing I didn't particularly like was the elemental stuff felt a little weak, but that's incredibly minor in the grand scheme of the game design.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
28+ Sushi Striker: The way of Sushido (All Black Belt Bonuses)

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Soma. Every year for the last like 4 years I say I'm going to play this for scary games season and this year I finally actually did it. Really cool atmosphere, one of the best games out there at setting a tense, scary atmosphere with really detailed interesting looking environments, scary-looking enemies, and great sound design. Really interesting story even though it's kind of stupid that your guy falls for the lie about his brain being transferred instead of copied twice. I didn't really like the actual enemy encounters for the most part, either they were really easy to slip past without any real action on your part required or you just have to sit there and wait forever for them to finally walk off if they happen to corner you in a bad spot, either way was never really engaging. But I'd still recommend the game if you like horror or cool sci-fi stories.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

16) Silent Hill 4: The Room - Halloween playthrough, worst ending probably

I definitely enjoyed it, though it is the only silent hill game I've ever played. I'll probably go for a better ending

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

You should play the other, better, silent hill games that came out before that one.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue
End+serenade+bass gs

Love the battle system and deck building in this game/series, hate the monotony of the story.

The cool parts are where you jack into a tank and fight viruses, the bad parts are where you're sent back and forth between two npcs, and this happens a lot. Lmao at the part when you're being threatened and rather than battle you throw your net navi like a brick and knock them out

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

1. Resident Evil 3 Remake
2. Super Mario 3D World/Bowser's Fury
3. Deus Ex
4. Persona 5 Strikers
5. Nier Replicant
6. Resident Evil: Village
7. Mass Effect 1: Legendary Edition - Paragon, romanced Liara, Sentinel
8. Mass Effect 2: Legendary Edition - Paragon, didn't cheat on Liara, Infiltrator, all DLC done
9. Mass Effect 3: Legendary Edition - Paragon, synthesis, stayed with Liara, all DLC done
10. Episode of Yuffie
11. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
12. Halo 3 Co-Op (replay)
13. Halo 4 Co-Op
14. Yakuza 4
15.The Great Ace Attorney Adventures
16. Quake
17. Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
18. The Punisher (1993) (Genesis)
19. Wild Guns - Annie
20. Actraiser
21. Gitaroo Man Lives
22. Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve
23. Metroid Dread
24. Luigi's Mansion
25. Metroid: Zero Mission

Very good, with this I have just the original Metroid, the 3DS Metroid 2 remake, and Metroid Prime 3

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ikari Warriors
i did end up liking it a LITTLE more toward the end. i think this would have been cool in an arcade cabinet back in the day, pumping quarters into it with a friend to play co-op. it's pretty cool that you can hop into tanks and helicopters. the port isn't very good and the controls for when you get in a tank, in particular, suck. the NES controller just didn't have enough buttons for this. i couldn't remember what a lot of the powerups did (most of them are just letters and some of them are kind of rare). at one point this bikini chick showed up, just once, and i can't tell why. she was just in the middle of a level so i assume it was to mark some kind of milestone:

also, the game got kind of weird and abstract toward the end. maybe it's because i haven't seen Rambo 2, but i didn't understand what the weird metallic layer with random water everywhere was in levels 3 and 4. at the end of level 3 after killing the normal group of guys with guns and grenades, there's a zombie guy at a desk who doesn't move at all that you have to blow up, and then you have to throw a grenade to uncover a secret staircase for some reason, or you just get hit by missiles. as far as i can tell, it's the only place where you have to do anything that isn't just murdering dudes. the ending boss is some kind of a skull wall that you hit with grenades, and even after beating him, i'm not sure what counts as a hit. then you walk into a heart and you get a congrats from "General Kawasaki" :confused:

i bet the arcade version was better than Commando, but i think commando is the better cartridge.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Bicyclops posted:

i haven't seen Rambo 2

what the gently caress

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Pro Wrestling (Kin Corn Karn)

Great Puma's an rear end in a top hat who cheats at grappling and has way too much health, but thankfully he's just as dumb as the rest of the cast when it comes to count outs so I just had to get lucky once.

Also Kin Corn Karn is the loving worst, even the manual talks poo poo.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

herculon posted:

what the gently caress

I don't have to now. I've played it.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

herculon posted:

what the gently caress

thats a good thing

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Roth posted:

you have to post your clear time and %, those are the rules.

just beat it as well, 2:29:40 55%

the zero-suit parts were much easier than I remember

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Roth posted:

Very good, with this I have just the original Metroid, the 3DS Metroid 2 remake, and Metroid Prime 3

have you played AM2R? if not, you should add it to the list

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I beat Castlevania Circle of the Moon and Harmony of Dissonance. I played the latter before and I beat it again today. Aria of Sorrow is next, can't wait.

I'm on a bit of a Metroidvania kick lately so I've been playing quite a few of them. I got this whole list and everything.

b_d posted:

have you played AM2R? if not, you should add it to the list
I can wholeheartedly second this. I played that one a few weeks ago. A much needed upgrade from the game boy game. Not that the 3DS game doesn't exist or anything but I like AM2R better personally.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

mycophobia posted:

thats a good thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

mbt posted:

you have to post your clear time and %, those are the rules.

just beat it as well, 2:29:40 55%

the zero-suit parts were much easier than I remember

I thankfully took a screenshot