Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delysid
Jul 31, 2003

need another damn shooter
Got Pfizer in April/May at Walgreen’s, scheduled booster for Monday 11/1 pretty much effortlessly. Just checked the box for “high risk of exposure due to occupation” or some such which is true. Does anyone even have to lie about anything for boosters at this point? Edit: NYS if that matters.

I live in a chud town that’s only about 50% vaxxed and sell wood to gray goateed gas station fake Oakley guys with NRA and Turmpf bumper stickers all day. Boost me up. Would rather have gotten Moderna but whatever, the sooner/closer/easier the better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Delysid posted:

Got Pfizer in April/May at Walgreen’s, scheduled booster for Monday 11/1 pretty much effortlessly. Just checked the box for “high risk of exposure due to occupation” or some such which is true. Does anyone even have to lie about anything for boosters at this point? Edit: NYS if that matters.

I live in a chud town that’s only about 50% vaxxed and sell wood to gray goateed gas station fake Oakley guys with NRA and Turmpf bumper stickers all day. Boost me up. Would rather have gotten Moderna but whatever, the sooner/closer/easier the better.

Just say you work in the school system if they ask. It's literally the easiest excuse and they aren't going to verify it. When I got mine they didn't even ask, but if they do just make up some bullshit. They don't care, they usually just need to check a box.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Wendigee posted:

i just looked up the drug and its for OCD?....calling it an anti-depresent when it's literally just an SSRI family member seems disengous. No one is proscribed this if they are depressed or anxious which is majority of SSRIs (and anti-depresents......)

are they suggesting OCD medication for the general populace? side effects whatever?

is it possible that people with OCD take care to wash hands, wear masks, not leave the house? I'm not sure this proves anything and its not just another of the tens of SSRIs they use to treat people with anxiety or depression, its one approved for a very specific cause... (OCD)

heres a list of a thousand drugs you can't take with it.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/fluvoxamine-oral-route/before-using/drg-20066874

this is so dumb, gently caress you CNN thanks for putting out poo poo articles.

It was literally introduced as an anti-depressant before it was approved to treat OCD.

What you're saying does not make sense. Giving people medication that is sometimes used to treat OCD as a COVID trial would cause them to behave more like your stereotype of people who have untreated OCD do? Please explain.

Also, European hospitals started giving fluoxetine and escitalopram like last January. And SSRI and SNRI are often not that chemically different from one another, it's just that the brain is a sensitive instrument, so we have come up with many.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
What if kids with OCD who get sent to detention for counting the ceiling tiles are less likely to get COVID because they are in more socially distanced classrooms?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Delysid posted:

Just tell them that you work with the general public. Don't need to say "frontline" or any of that, just that you work with people. The pharmacist at my CVS who gave me the shot didn't question me at all, I put "Work with public" for the question on why I needed a booster. I honestly just walked in and got my flu shot and booster, same day.

Delysid
Jul 31, 2003

vyst posted:

Just say you work in the school system if they ask. It's literally the easiest excuse and they aren't going to verify it. When I got mine they didn't even ask, but if they do just make up some bullshit. They don't care, they usually just need to check a box.

bagmonkey posted:

Just tell them that you work with the general public. Don't need to say "frontline" or any of that, just that you work with people. The pharmacist at my CVS who gave me the shot didn't question me at all, I put "Work with public" for the question on why I needed a booster. I honestly just walked in and got my flu shot and booster, same day.

Technically I work in manufacturing according to worker's comp insurance. I work at a sawmill and honestly 80% of the time I sit at a desk and take phone calls and do accounting poo poo, but I do work in the mill sometimes. Plus when I'm on desk duty I have maskless contact with 10+ chud customers a day. Granted, it's outdoors (they're still salty that our office is still employees only) but I have chuds huffing and puffing in my face all day.

I don't think anyone at the pharmacy is going to bat an eye. Supply has been exceeding demand forever. A good solid 50% of the vaxxed people I know have declared that they will never get a booster because of [reasons]. I tell them to think about it as a 3 dose vaccine just like MMR but durrrrrrrrrrrrr. Just surprised that I'm first in my orbit besides my immunosuppressed mother to sign up for the booster that I know of.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

The only thing they actually give a poo poo about is the 6 month timer for the boosters

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Delysid posted:

Technically I work in manufacturing according to worker's comp insurance. I work at a sawmill and honestly 80% of the time I sit at a desk and take phone calls and do accounting poo poo, but I do work in the mill sometimes. Plus when I'm on desk duty I have maskless contact with 10+ chud customers a day. Granted, it's outdoors (they're still salty that our office is still employees only) but I have chuds huffing and puffing in my face all day.

You're working a public-facing job is an essential service (manufacturing/supply), that counts as a high exposure risk

Delysid
Jul 31, 2003

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

You're working a public-facing job is an essential service (manufacturing/supply), that counts as a high exposure risk

Yep, exactly. As a manufacturer/POS for construction materials, we have always been considered an essential business and even though NY's lockdowns were fairly stringent ca. March 2020 it impacted us 0% - we've just closed our office to the general public voluntarily and are doing business outside because this is chud country and literally everyone who works here has a vulnerable person in their household.

The mere fact that I'm designated a "Sawmill Worker" for worker's comp purposes makes me eligible for the booster at 6 months, but I didn't get jab #1 until April because up until then it was only first responders/certain age groups/conditions/people in group homes/etc. who were eligible. As far as the booster goes just that one box I checked means I'm good to go.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

A test:

Google Florida Man (your birthday without the year)

Then try the same thing with Texas Man.

That's an oof.

Florida: Cocaine and tazed genitals.

Texas: Six dead in five shootings; man mauled by dogs.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

RoastBeef posted:

That's an oof.

Florida: Cocaine and tazed genitals.

Texas: Six dead in five shootings; man mauled by dogs.

Yeah.

Florida: Naked Florida Man chases couple around parking lot.

Texas: Man sentenced for having sex with a minor.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
1in 55 people have had coronavirus in the last week in the UK

What do we win?

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

An ethical quandary

I got a chance to date a big titty goth lady, but she’s half antivax (Doesn’t believe in vaccines and only got 1 dose and doesn’t want to get another because it made her feel bad)

I guess you have to fix her through the power of love (dick)

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

learnincurve posted:

1in 55 people have had coronavirus in the last week in the UK

What do we win?

Job openings?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I felt like absolute poo poo for a day with the booster but I'm still very glad I got it. I'll be getting this poo poo every 5 months 29 days 6 months if that's what it takes.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Beartaco posted:

If she got the one dose she can almost certainly be convinced to get a second. You say she doesn't believe in vaccines, but her reason for not getting her second doesn't sound ideological, it's just that the first jab knocked her on her rear end?

Yes but also posted a TikTok saying she felt like dying and her mom’s nano particle juice saved her from dying, and then sent me a video about chlorine dioxide :beerpal:

I told her it was stupid and that’s where we are

So I dunno if it’s worth it and I’ve no idea how I even got this far

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Yes but also posted a TikTok saying she felt like dying and her mom’s nano particle juice saved her from dying, and then sent me a video about chlorine dioxide :beerpal:

There is no goth gothy enough and no titties big enough to make it worth dating someone who thinks drinking chlorine is a good idea.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Hurricane strength red flags.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

sounds like a really bad idea my man

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

This is a terrible idea and you're thinking with the wrong parts of your body if you think otherwise.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Fact: if you landed one big titty goth chick, you can land another big titty goth chick w/o terrible beliefs/reasoning, hope this helps

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Someone had the audacity to hang this entire loving newspaper of anti-vaccine and one world order conspiracy bullshit on my front door today

I didn't read it so I don't know if there's anything overly infuriating or funny inside but I did note how it steadily escalates from "we have even better meds!" to "Big pharma is trying to murder us all!" to "It's all for the One World Order!!"

Interestingly it is targeted at left-leaning anti-vaxxers rather than the right

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 29, 2021

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
A CHEMICAL poo poo STORM

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

deep dish peat moss posted:

Someone had the audacity to hang this entire loving newspaper of anti-vaccine and one world order conspiracy bullshit on my front door today

I didn't read it so I don't know if there's anything overly infuriating or funny inside but I did note how it steadily escalates from "we have even better meds!" to "Big pharma is trying to murder us all!" to "It's all for the One World Order!!"

Interestingly it is targeted at left-leaning anti-vaxxers rather than the right

It's a shopify site. Sure would suck if someone reported them for selling pharmaceuticals which shopify doesn't allow, or COVID19 misinformation

https://www.shopify.com/legal/report-aup-violation

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

It's a shopify site. Sure would suck if someone reported them for selling pharmaceuticals which shopify doesn't allow, or COVID19 misinformation

https://www.shopify.com/legal/report-aup-violation

Speaking from the experience of a decade of working for big ecommerce and web hosting providers, if you want to report them you will need to play by their rules.

https://www.shopify.com/legal/aup-definitions#RestrictedItems

Pharmaceuticals (real or otherwise) aren't on the shopify AUP restricted items list. Currently the only items restricted are (some) firearms and firearms parts.

Shopify has policies for COVID-19:

https://www.shopify.com/legal/rules-of-engagement-covid19

It may or may not violate those policies, the one it's most likely to violate is being "true" which is subjective and up to whoever's working in Shopify's policy team when the report goes in. However if several of us report it for untruthful covid-19 claims on the straight talk page ( https://www.thepeopleschemist.com/pages/straight-talk-v8 ) - and preferably spread our reports out over a week - it will have less chance of being up to a single individual's subjective opinion.

however
It most likely does not violate Shopify's policies at all because their COVID-19 restrictions are written to only be applicable to products sold through the Shopify store, which is a way ecommerce providers weasel out of shutting things down: they just tell the scummy website to avoid that stuff in the product descriptions. The Straight Talk page is separate from the storefront page. I can't find any product pages making untruthful covid claims, so this is probably something the site owner has been through already.

That being said I sent in a COVID-19 report specifically pointing out that there's a big ad for https://www.thepeopleschemist.com/products/immune-fx that says "never get sick again" stuck in the middle of a paragraph about how you don't need vaccines to avoid covid-19, which should be against their policies as written, though it may only result in that ad being removed. I also threw in several of the more insane choice quotes from the Straight Talk page and told them about the door to door spam (including photos of it)

e: Several ecommerce platforms severely relaxed their policies on what items are allowed during the pandemic because they were able to posture "but people need their meds and need to stay home!!!" to policymakers to relax the regulations on what products were restricted on ecommerce. Now there's little that stands in the way legally for selling anything online except for guns, and what items/services are restricted is mostly based on how a platform feels about that item/type of business rather than any regulatory stuff. Delivery alcohol is available pretty much everywhere now

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 29, 2021

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

it's worth it. trust me

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pinecone Sample posted:

It was literally introduced as an anti-depressant before it was approved to treat OCD.

What you're saying does not make sense. Giving people medication that is sometimes used to treat OCD as a COVID trial would cause them to behave more like your stereotype of people who have untreated OCD do? Please explain.

Also, European hospitals started giving fluoxetine and escitalopram like last January. And SSRI and SNRI are often not that chemically different from one another, it's just that the brain is a sensitive instrument, so we have come up with many.

Oh hey, I already take escitalopram. Guess I'm safe from covid. :smug:

The sadbrains shall inherit the earth.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Texas Medical Center already booking Pfizer shots for 5+ year old kids.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Can you communicate your worries to her? At this point it sounds you've got nothing to lose. Best case she comes to her senses. Worst case she doesn't and you can move on (and perhaps you've made a positive impact on her future).

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Anyone who's not willing to purposefully get sick with vaccine side effects and schedule it to fall during their work week so they get time off that no one can complain about has way too much work ethic to be my friend

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

deep dish peat moss posted:

Anyone who's not willing to purposefully get sick with vaccine side effects and schedule it to fall during their work week so they get time off that no one can complain about has way too much work ethic to be my friend

I got them intentionally so I could take one if not multiple days off for both my original two shots AND my booster. gently caress work lol

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
I got my Moderna booster today at the Walgreen's nearest my house (plus a flu shot - one in each arm). Made the appointment over the weekend, did the paperwork online. Showed up today - no questions asked. Two minutes in the side room and I was out of there. COVID arm hurts a little more than flu arm right now. We'll see what tomorrow brings...

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Captain Yossarian posted:

I got them intentionally so I could take one if not multiple days off for both my original two shots AND my booster. gently caress work lol

This just makes you look like a dork FYI, if you have the power to take time off then just do it

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

https://twitter.com/ConSelfOwns/status/1453199368702529543

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

An ethical quandary

I got a chance to date a big titty goth lady, but she’s half antivax (Doesn’t believe in vaccines and only got 1 dose and doesn’t want to get another because it made her feel bad)

Explain to her that big titties need max titers, else the universe will haunt her. Easy, actually.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

An ethical quandary

Encourage her to become a bigger-tiddy goth lady:
https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2021/07/16/women-are-claiming-increase-in-breast-size-from-the-pfizer-vaccine/

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

20 hours post moderna booster. I started getting sleepy in the early evening and felt my arm getting sore right before heading to bed. Woke up in the middle of the night to extremely sore arm. Woke up in the morning with mild arm tenderness. No heat flashes or chills during the night. Closer in line to my first jab experience, which I now remember was being super tired. The booster boosted my memory.

Dazerbeams fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Oct 30, 2021

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

https://twitter.com/daisymay4263/status/1452861067818795012?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

first az dose kicked my rear end for about 24 hours. Really, only for like a 4 hour period, but it was like 1-5 am, which meant i had no sleep the next day and felt garbo. Mostly better today after a night of sleep. Bad eczema on my hands which happens any time I'm sick or stressed out, but otherwise feeling OK.