Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

I mean this is all entirely correct. The only error is the implication that it's the consumers making the actual consumption choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
How would you even get the world to cooperate and downscale oil production and use. It's in everything for everything. Any type of worthy restrictions would cause complete collapse of the world economy. Even if we did some type of planned multi-year phased withdrawal, I can imagine social unrest being catastrophic.

Of course we are going to get all of this eventually, it will all be too late and there just won't be cooperation or planning involved.

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

Mola Yam posted:

so long suckers! i rev up industrial society and create a huge cloud of smoke. when the cloud dissipates humanity is lying completely dead on the pavement

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I take an antidepressant in a plastic capsule every day. That's probably bad, right?

err posted:

How would you even get the world to cooperate and downscale oil production and use. It's in everything for everything. Any type of worthy restrictions would cause complete collapse of the world economy. Even if we did some type of planned multi-year phased withdrawal, I can imagine social unrest being catastrophic.

Of course we are going to get all of this eventually, it will all be too late and there just won't be cooperation or planning involved.

The modern world is going to end one way or the other. We need a just collapse, not to keep going for another twenty years and then it's Oops! All Crops Have Failed!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I wouldn't count on it

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
LMAO the moratorium on new energy leases in the Gulf of Mexico, intended to block further O&G development, applies to Wind Farms. I'm dying.

No plans whatsoever in Canada in the next decade.

Barely 3GW of offshore planned on the West Coast by 2030.

Good poo poo, good poo poo. The LMAO's are real.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rime posted:

LMAO the moratorium on new energy leases in the Gulf of Mexico, intended to block further O&G development, applies to Wind Farms. I'm dying.

what
lol

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Rime posted:

energy is energy, Rime, it's only fair.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Chamale posted:

I take an antidepressant in a plastic capsule every day. That's probably bad, right?

The modern world is going to end one way or the other. We need a just collapse, not to keep going for another twenty years and then it's Oops! All Crops Have Failed!

I think meds are contained in gelatin capsules, not plastic

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Rime posted:

Lol. Lmao

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Mola Yam posted:

so long suckers! i rev up industrial society and create a huge cloud of smoke. when the cloud dissipates humanity is lying completely dead on the pavement

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Chamale posted:

yeah thats bad cause your body cant digest plastic, so you're just making GBS threads your antidepressants out every day. get them in a gelatin capsule like everybody else

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Feral Integral posted:

I think meds are contained in gelatin capsules, not plastic

I looked it up, since I'm vegan, and apparently mine are ethylcellulose. Also the medication contains lac bugs welp. I need it to live more than I need chicken or whatever so I'll keep taking it

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Chamale posted:

I looked it up, since I'm vegan, and apparently mine are ethylcellulose. Also the medication contains lac bugs welp. I need it to live more than I need chicken or whatever so I'll keep taking it

eat the bugs, chamale

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Mola Yam posted:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Rime posted:

got a source on the moratorium including wind farms? That’d be a particular lol because 2 weeks ago they announced a bunch of gulf coast wind leases.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Paradoxish posted:

I mean this is all entirely correct. The only error is the implication that it's the consumers making the actual consumption choices.

It's better that the guy frames is like other people are at fault,
because it makes people go, "no gently caress you. This is your fault. I loving hate sitting traffic."

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

bagual posted:

Anyway came here to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie1X5t_7Zto

Tornados in the amazon :rubby:

Future travel guides to include helpful phrases like holy poo poo / mierda santa and run you fuckers / corre folladores.

Also laugh out loud / reír en voz alta.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Mola Yam posted:

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

I was going to write about jellyfish loving fjords/inlets/lochs and how they stratify and how it should be possible to place the cooling water intake well below the problem but I see the Inverness plant is on the coast of the North Sea so I have no idea what's going on here. Well done you slimy little bastards!

Rime posted:

:lol: Oh god, I'm dying! (Along with the rest of the planet.)

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Chamale posted:

I’m preeetty sure plastic capsules are bio plastic at least but duckin who knows it’s probably cheaper to supplement with oil somehow.

bio plastic is also the binder for gluten free bread and god knows what other food. what was in those 30% tuna subway sandwiches again?

oh I see I’m responding late to cellulose paranoia

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Mola Yam posted:

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i had an unexpected long commute today and NPR seemed really insistent that COPE26 or whatever is our last best hope

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Rectal Death Adept posted:

i had an unexpected long commute today and NPR seemed really insistent that COPE26 or whatever is our last best hope

as paris before it, and kyoto before that

it too will be supplanted in its turn

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

lol a bunch of old decrepit pedophiles meeting flying out to at comittees and events to gently caress children and self-congratulate themselves about considering the opportunities of the path forward to make progress toward the paris accords. or whatever dumb poo poo.

the future is just endless events and commitees of visibly-decaying elites

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Did this get posted already https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIyKmqEdgR4

I guess the youtube algorithm figured me out.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

like imagine you're an alcoholic with liver failure, and you still drink a handle or more a night.

the next new years resolution might be your best hope that you'll quit cold turkey and get your chit.

but the fact you're waiting til then to even decrease your drinking is why your friends arent as hopeful as you are.

whatever, who wants another round of shots to warm the belly?

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Mola Yam posted:

lmao

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Mola Yam posted:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Mola Yam posted:

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Does anyone have the gif of the family driving away from a nuke with the dad laughing I there rearview? I have need of it.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Mola Yam posted:

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

Hexigrammus posted:

Future travel guides to include helpful phrases like holy poo poo / mierda santa and run you fuckers / corre folladores.

Also laugh out loud / reír en voz alta.

1. português não é espanhol

2. what future travel lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Trabisnikof posted:

got a source on the moratorium including wind farms? That’d be a particular lol because 2 weeks ago they announced a bunch of gulf coast wind leases.

think about it tho. they dont want windfarms in the oil moratorium zone cause one day they will put oil platforms there.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Trabisnikof posted:

like imagine you're an alcoholic with liver failure, and you still drink a handle or more a night.

the next new years resolution might be your best hope that you'll quit cold turkey and get your chit.

but the fact you're waiting til then to even decrease your drinking is why your friends arent as hopeful as you are.

whatever, who wants another round of shots to warm the belly?

Haha! What a weird and unfamiliar analogy I'm sure no one in this forum can relate to, least of all the gently caress me!! LOL

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Mola Yam posted:

This genuinely does get funnier with every emptyquote and I wish it weren't too long to be a thread title

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

T-Paine posted:

That they created the sprawl and incentivized automobile travel etc etc and are now blaming us for being forced to consume their products to stay alive has some real nice "stop hitting yourself" vibes

if we didn't want the oil and car companies to destroy public transportation 60 years ago we should have voted harder

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Mola Yam posted:

this is modern art

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
https://twitter.com/borkwilly/status/1453957968441999376?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice