Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

B.

Expand the franchise.

Devolve the administration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

E) Vote for the The Golden Grasp

ALL CITIZENS

EXECUTIVE

Wars require a single, clear vision and definitive final decision maker. And we, the people, have many, many wars to come.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

C

LANDOWNERS

EXECUTIVE

only when all is in its rightful order can our Empress return to us

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Soup du Jour posted:

C

LANDOWNERS

EXECUTIVE

only when all is in its rightful order can our Empress return to us

:same:

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

D
Everyone
Devolve

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

"It seems our brave revolutionary soldiers have all died in the field of battle because all I see int his chamber are blabbering, sycophant fools! Right now the old powers plot our demise and the Anatolian traitors!, an Empire in all but name, greedily covet posessions in all of the globe. Only the light of Lasya can set the world free! Dethone the tyrants! Topple their thrones! Relieve the kings of the weight of their crowns!"

A - Lasyaist

"The revolution is not done until the last former can say "gently caress off" to the last landholder"

All Citizens can vote

"To undo all Empire we must first destroy the Empire in our minds"

Devolution of powers to local authorities

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Remember everyone, the 1756 Alliance are a bunch of athiest nobles! They just want to regain their power!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Edit: Changing my vote.

D

Landowners

Devolve

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 28, 2021

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

NewMars posted:

I vote:

F.

Expand the franchise.

My vote is the same as the above

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

NewMars posted:

I vote:

F.

Expand the franchise.

Going with this as well.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
A
Expand the franchise
Keep executive power centralized

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016
C

LANDOWNERS

Devolve

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Current unofficial results after ~43 hours

Parties by size:
1756 Alliance (7)
True Lasaya (4)
Lasayist (3)
Everyone else (2 each)

Combined Preferences by size
Everyone/Devolve: 11
Everyone/Executive: 4
Landowners/Devolve: 3
Landowners/Executive: 2

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

B
Expand the franchise
Centralize power

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

F
All Citizens
Executive

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."

Love this. Added to OP

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Why stop at Pujab et al. when you can topple all kings and destroy their thrones? Vote Golden Grasp! So good, we don't need a logo!

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

C
ALL CITIZENS
EXECUTIVE

or: see all citizens executed

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

B

LANDOWNERS

DEVOLVE

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
:siren: THE VOTE IS CLOSED. :siren:

PARTY AFFILIATION:

A) The Lasya Party: 3 (Polgas, Pacho, Empress Theonora)
B) The Red Mountain Party: 4 (Chatrapati, dervival, Grammarchist, Ikasuhito)
C) The True Lasyaists: 5 (habeusdorkus, Soup du Jour, McGavin, kibaces, Jeoh)
D) The Mandate of Heavenly Victory and Conquest: 2 (idhrendur, Xelkelvos)
E) The Golden Grasp: 2 (Frankenfreak, Rody One Half)
F) The National Alliance of May 1756: 8 (NewMars, Alikchi, Videowitch, GunnerJ, Tulip, QuoProQuid, Fivemarks, ThatBasqueGuy)

THE ROLE OF THE FRANCHISE:
For Landholders only: 6 (Chatrapati, Soup du Jour, McGavin, Pacho, kibaces, Ikasuhito)
For All Citizens: 18 (NewMars, Alikchi, habeusdorkus, Videowitch, Frankenfreak, Polgas, GunnerJ, Tulip, dervival, Rody One Half, idhrendur, Xelkelvos, QuoProQuid, NewMars, Empress Theonora, Grammarchist, ThatBasqueGuy, Jeoh)

THE ROLE OF EXECUTIVE POWER:
Broaden Executive Powers: 9 (habeusdorkus, Polgas, Rody One Half, Soup du Jour, McGavin, Empress Theonora, Grammarchist, ThatBasqueGuy, Jeoh)
Devolution of Powers: 15 (NewMars, Chatrapati, Alikchi, Videowitch, Frankenfreak, GunnerJ, Tulip, dervival, idhrendur, Pacho, Xelkelvos, QuoProQuid, Fivemarks, kibaces, Ikasuhito)

The National Alliance of 1756 is the largest party, though it does not hold a majority. It will enact most but not all of its plans. The franchise will be expanded to all citizens. The government shall tend towards regional devolution of power instead of the unitary executive.

Your mind has been made up. You put down your newspaper, thank the owner of the tea house, and make your way back to the houses of your fellow legislators to discuss the days events, what you have heard today, and what the people of your district have told you.

It is a cold day in winter, though the sun is still shining and the sky is still clear and brilliant. You draw your coat over yourself tightly and see your breath like a puff of fog rises in the air and is gone. In the street, you see schoolchildren in their crimson robes, led along by a patient teacher, counting them to make sure they are not lost. A stray dog dashes in front of you, nearly tripping you up. You spy the same slightly drunk Knuckle Slammer from earlier, holding up her comrade-in-arms who is even more drunk in the middle of the day, the two shambling together towards home. The squat rectangular buildings of the city of Lhasa seem clean and whitewashed, all in good repair. You feel a crunch underfoot, a bit of broken glass. If you walk out of the city far enough, you might spot the black-necked cranes or other birds that have remained here for the winter, and the many more that migrate. And you're still here too, walking towards the parliament house. You have the gnawing reminder in the back of your head that this republic, too, might end, as all things end, as this day will end, as history has so many dreams unrealized and hopes dashed against the rocks. Dammit, there is still today. You step on.

Kangxi fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Oct 30, 2021

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
It is high time that Tibet seek stability. At least for a generation or so, to allow our republican ideals to full entrench themselves, and for our citizenry to enjoy the prosperity and freedoms that have been fought so hard to obtain. We should keep an armed guard, of course, but not seek foreign engagements that will drag us into endless wars. We approach the 1800's: let it be a century of peace and prosperity for all.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

One day our hands shall hold the subcontinent, the mountains, the steppes, the peninsula, and the east, all in kind, and all under Lhasa, as it was And will be again

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

20% and leader of the opposition is pretty good for a vanguard party.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Excited to see the kind of stable, orderly rule offered by a minority government run by poets, philosophers, and amateur scientists who see Tibet as a staging ground for the latest wild scientific theories

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Ethiopia:
Monarchy

Republic

Communist

Fascist

Really uninspired flags considering Ethiopia's cool history in this world. The fascist flags all reflect the final incarnation of Vishnu cleansing the world.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Kangxi posted:

Anatolia (Republic)
(This was autogenerated; if somebody comes up with something with more revolutionary imagery or at least a better color scheme I might replace it)

Are you suggesting that there is something Wrong with Anatolia's glorious revolutionary stool color chart? :colbert:

- Monarchy/Generic

- Republic

- Communist

- Fascist

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Ikasuhito posted:

Are you suggesting that there is something Wrong with Anatolia's glorious revolutionary stool color chart? :colbert:

- Monarchy/Generic

- Republic

- Communist

- Fascist

Communist implies something has gone very wrong. Or beets.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Ikasuhito posted:

- Monarchy/Generic

- Republic

- Communist

- Fascist

Ah bugger, does Pepto-Bismol cause fascists now?

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Wu

- Monarchy/Generic

- Republic

- Communist

- Fascist

And a couple for Poland

- Monarchy/Generic

- Fascist

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Ikasuhito posted:

Wu

- Monarchy/Generic

- Republic

- Communist

- Fascist

And a couple for Poland

- Monarchy/Generic

- Fascist

All those Wu flags are unnecessary, they're going to be Tibetan. :colbert:

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
Chapter 85: 1795 to 1810 - Before the Law

Transcript of a converstion held between Sikyong (ret.) of the Republic Xue Weizhen and Inspector Adesha Upadhyay, Committee on Preserving the Revolution, February 1st, 1810 or Year 53 of the Tibetan Republic

The revered Sikyong, head of our republic? Mr. Xue? Please excuse me, how do I address you? Let me, let me put my pipe down.

You do not need to be too formal. I left that office years ago. Please. Just call me Minister Xue, that is my current title and responsibility.

Excuse me. I am Inspector Adesha Upadhyay, I am speaking only in an informal capacity and not in anything on charges of law. This is Rinchen, he'll be taking notes.

Am I under some kind of interrogation? Are there charges against me?

No, no, nothing of the sort. You can leave at any time.

But I am here in an office with soldiers. I have been summoned here in the strongest language. I am surrounded by long scrolls of laws pasted to the walls, including ones that I do not recognize. And you clearly live well out here. What would happen if I just stayed silent and left and told my friends everything?

Nothing. But wait-- wait, really, the fact that you came to us voluntarily makes this work go a lot faster. In fact, you were recommended to us by several eminent figures; academics and people like that. They had a lot to say. In fact, I'm very flattered and relieved that you came here.

Is that so? Why am I here?

Just to have a little chat. I'd consider myself a layman, and I wouldn't want to intrude on politics -

Officer, you probably want to ask me about politics. They say I'm a bit cold to people, but that's because I don't always spend an hour talking about you are doing and I get to work. I'm getting old, you see, how much time do you think I have left?

Yes, of course. That will save us both time. Really it's about the Republic.

Really, isn't everything?

Let's start in 1795. The great constitutional reforms were promulgated, delegating more power to the provinces, and extending the franchise to all adults above the age of majority.

A turning point in the history of the Republic. It's what we've all been hoping for. After so many decades of war, I think we can finally, truly, call ourselves a democratic republic. The descendants of slaves, the lowliest rentier -- all have their own say in our great republic now.

The National Alliance of 1756, with their minority government in place, begins a massive program of building and public works in an attempt to maintain their hold on power,

But also to enact their goals of creating a new republican society.

Yes, of course.

Now I've read some of their pamphlets and such - rather fanciful stuff, almost like turning all the oceans to tea and riding on dolphins. But for many of them - writers, salon talkers - very earnest but inexperienced - there was a lot of optimism and inventiveness around them, don't you think?

Of course. Many of them haven't been at the table. Not everyone has stakes. But you once said that it is important have to have them around for ideas.

Yes, very true, although not in those words. That said, they were only a minority, and there were many other parties and factions that would have different goals for the direction of the Republic. Her Great Pyramid still looms over Lhasa, and no doubt some revolutionary dreams of its greater glory.

And of course, there is the outgrowth and freedom of thought that comes with the end of the monarchy -- people more willing to accept schools of thought, some bringing their own faiths and gods from afar. We've the Muslim Quarter in Lhasa for centuries, of course, but then all the Tsalagi people, and not to mention all of the Cathars or the... You get my point. This is a good thing. I am hopeful in that way.

And then you were elected to office in 1795, replacing Dai Drungnyan.

That is correct.

What were your first thoughts when you entered office?

Young lady, I was terrified. I was anxious about everything. I wished my father and uncle were here.

Your father being the late Xue Zhengzhong, brother of the General Xue Zhengming, husband of the Sikyong Tolun Fuyuan-.

Correct.

Were you still in mourning for your father?

No, that had concluded a while back. I do wish I could solicit them for advice. I pray. but in the meantime, I felt inspired by the old story of the divine Gyalyum the Benevolent climbing the mountain on her way back from her retreat; where she had felt totally exhausted and lay down in the dirt, where she told her soldiers that she had felt anger, and then she felt nothing but burning in her lungs, and then she lay down and felt nothing at all. But then after that, she got up and kept back going after she was too exhausted to go on. The historical chronicles usually have her talking about how her only profession was to be an empress; that she had the certainty of a divine being, which is what she beieved -- but that seems almost humanizing.

Stories about 'the divine' Gyalyum the Benevolent, and you also follow the Confucian rites?

I'm not strictly practicing in every sense; and like many people I do tend to take my beliefs from multiple sources of wisdom. Consider it wanting to be as secure as possible. I tend to focus more on the investigation of principles than the old rites; I'm not a traditionalist. Though I do also rely on Zhuangzi and his followers a bit, because they like leaving people alone. And also any of the lerarned scholars who talk about quiet sitting. Lets me take more naps. And most of all, I believe in a republic, where our people are free from others domination.

Small wonder why you decided to work with the National Alliance of 1756. Is that why you, also decided to go to war almost immediately?

Getting right to the point, I see. The King of Liang - named after one of the titles created by the great Wu Zhao for a nephew of hers. But the King of Liang now was a vicious tyrant, and word of the reign of his kingdom had spread quickly, partly through the words of some officials in the Mandate of Heavenly Victory; I had long relied on their advice.

Not to mention the Lasyaists and the Golden Grasp.

The people delight in seeing victories assured.

But not all the time. I had made sure to defuse border tensions that had broken out - surveying lines and stopping some foraging across the border with Delhi, for example - those scientists care about measuring the dimensions of the earth and the heights of every mountain - are we going to fly balloons over them? - it would do none of us any good to get into clashes with our allies. I worked to defuse that tension. There is a difference here. I have to preserve our victories as long as possible, but also seize opportunities where they come.

And if the Republic of Wu, our greatest remaining rivals, decides that its greatest threats are elsewhere, then I would prefer to leave them as is. We should not interrupt them.

Small wonder that you've gained a reputation for being a diplomat too. Are you sure you're such a hopeful person?

I still retain some hope, but I have to remember the world we live in.

But really, the Kingdom of Liang was extinguished; and the great cities of Luoyang and Chang'an are now administered by republican government. I had the chance to see them myself, you know. I thought of all the poetry I read as a child about that old city and now I was able to see it myself, at the head of a Republic.

The world is smaller now. I feel more impressed by the ports of Dhaka or Bago or maybe even Nanjing these days.

And now I must consider that I do not understand history as composed of principles that I can understand; in my life there are only events and I have to have an opinion on all of them. Wars launch across oceans, churches demand the fall of empires.

Meaning? Are you saying that you are unsure about revolution's course?

I'm saying that is a very tricky area to predict. As we all were when Punjab overthrew its ancient monarchy and became a republic without any further intervention from ourselves.

We can't control the rain, of course, we're not there yet,

but we are so well organized and our stocks of the five grains in Hunan are so often full that we can prepare. The application of reason and the human mind and the principles of accounting. So many things can be planned for now. If it was just one empress who had to do everything - or the days where we didn't have as many cleared fields in Sichuan or enough money to buy reserves and hand it out... Well.

Would you say the world was still in order?

Not to me, no.

I hear reports, I read the papers. I was half the time convinced that I was just being flattered. That they were just patting my horse's rear end this whole time.

And then the choice to go after the domain of Yi - where did that come from?

I think that your point of disagreement with me is not with Yi specifically but instead invading another republic.

I have acted in a just response to the threat of border clashes and further threats along the frontier.

I am not Lasya the Holy - I do not have the extremity of her ambitions or her abilities. I have not demanded too much. I have expanded the Republic in a reasonable manner and I have incorporated the demands of the citizenry.

I was then willing to suppress local aristocratic revolts to that end as well.

How would you say this has changed the republic? The continual drives towards the war effort have empowered certain interests over others.

Perhaps. Perhaps.

I, for one, would look to see if the Anatolians or Wu and their agents are up to something. They steal papers out of our own offices, you know.

I see.

I'm surprised that officers of the law haven't heard of foreign interests sowing discord in the Republic. Anyone, really...

There has been some interest.

Not enough. That would be a better use of your time instead of listening to me all day, Officer.

Even up to the end of my term, I continued the program of public works and reform that were my promises heading into office.

Every day I hear something - first the people on the frontier commanderies, then the Lasyaists, even in their separate factions, calling for more heads on spikes, and now its the big fabric merchants complaining that nobody's buying anything anymore. Then the people who own the weaving factories who want more material. What am I supposed to do about that? I could listen to them but not much else.

My first assumption was that this might have been a side effect of the big Punjab-Anatolian War. But that isn't the only event or cause affecting trade. What is going on?

And then that string of big shipwrecks that wrecked so many of the larger trading houses. Commerce has great risks and great rewards - a single ship lost could sink an entire family's fortunes.

Really, the discussions became too heated. the backers of the party had become upset. I could not control or address the tempers that had become so agitated.

And then came the election of 1800. Houyu Dechen won by a considerable margin, and he still promised to work with both the Lasyaists and the Alliance.

What do you think about the election?

[A long pause.]

Young lady, I wanted to sleep for a billion years. I was relieved to be out.

My father, my uncle, and my father's husband. They were saints for the Republic. I'm not. I have to be this other person, and I wanted to tear my hair out over the election campaign. But you've seen those awful pamphlets they put out-

Don't be so hard on yourself over it, Minister.

You have done much for the service of the Republic; and, if its any comfort, we've avoided anything much worse than now. Look at what happened to the Heavenly Republic after Gesar Lasya decided that she would send the troops in and tear away everyone in the old Kashag; or for a more recent example, what happened to the Carantanians after their revolution failed.

For them, it fell apart slowly and then all at once. You understand this, Minister.

Or like in the Republic of So... Well, I don't know what to make of that one. It's harder to say.

What do you think about Houyu Dechen?

Are you asking me as an officer or as a private individual?

As a private individual.

What is the purpose of these questions?

For my interest on a select matter.

Are you acting in the interest of some other administration? You were around since my time, are you acting for each administration in turn? Whose faction are you working for?

I work for the law and the Republic.

I would hope so.

In the decades since the foundation of the Republic, there are certain events; Tolun Fuyuan used to call up all manner of people for advice and now we have a formalized cabinet. He wanted reports, many of them, so now we have so many people in offices.

And the Republic goes on without one person; it gets into wars with its neighbors and continues to expand, with so many different groups making their own decisions.

There is still a lot of hope and plans for a perfect place in it, and even in a world where its neighbors make their own plans. Leaders within Wu, no doubt, want a greater republic, and potentially at our expense.

So many different ways to approach the future and liberty for all humankind. And we can impose that future as far as our armies can reach.

Such as when the Delhi Republic had called for our aid, right?

Well, I wasn't as involved in the government that time so I have only some ideas as to why we went to join their cause. That might be because of protecting our own trade interests, or in cutting Mewat down to size.

Not the defense of another sister republic?

Hard to say.

I did have the chance to talk to Tan Weizhen about it. You know of him, he's one of those generals who was with Tolun Fuyuan for some time and then he was in the war against Mewat again. And he said he was like how people are with their coffee or the tobacco that is imported from Tamilakam what have you when he went back from the last campaign. He says he feels good about the war but while he's back, he says he wonders if he really should be going through all this again. But then after a little bit the feeling is gone and he's throwing himself into dismantling some other army.

Politics doesn't have so much to do with it for some of these people, it's just their own desire. There is passion moderated by reason, as in that book - 'Daode Qingcao Lun?'

The what?

On Moral Feelings, I think the word is.

We cannot completely say it is the reason for them all. Not everybody has this impartial observer, 'the law' or 'morality' in their head. They just say their passion and there it is, and taking so many cities is its own reward.

And a lot is in imitation - the tactics of Tolun Fuyuan are repeated by the armies of the Tibetan Republic a decade after he retired.

But - I'm getting sidetracked here. Houyu Dechen oversaw - and I say that in a looser sense - the Republic's consolidation of the south and the capture of some of its greatest cities - Lucknow, Etawah, Varanasi.

With the rifle, kings were overthrown, with the printing press, ideas flower, with the mill and the plow, the farmer has plenty. With these inventions, we can write a new book of history, and one whose ending we will not know for a thousand years.

The Republic is in Tibet, but it is not of Tibetans alone - as you and I prove, and why so many eminent figures have a hand in its development.

I admit my own cynicism about who really controls the government or the hazards of putting a coalition together, but the idea of a truly democratic society supplanting the feudal one - well that is something to celebrate.

Although -- although. I admit. I admit I do not yet know, nor can I really understand, having read only about it in books, the role of commerce in moral sentiments. I think that's a leftover of me reading a bit too much of the older writers and the four occupations - although we don't have those as much anymore. We don't live in a world of tea houses and salons alone. There is something else behind all this development in human relationship. The aristocracy and the old order is going away, but something new is taking its place.

And to a certainty, I cannot deny that our republic and its empire of liberty have provided a great deal of prosperity,

but also that a republic has become a machine, like a mill or steam boiler, grinding away to some other end.

And what do you think the government is then, Minister? Do you think that we are all accountants for other interests, then?

I don't know, I can't say it's that simple.

I wish the children luck, especially - what's his name. Ye Tritsuk? Ye Qizu? It's hard to build a coalition that lasts longer than one term.

But this one - he's maybe working with the National Alliance and the Red Mountain people. Maybe the Mandate too.

By the grace of heaven they need support.

Backed by silver as much as ideas.

Certainly the army is doing well - as it has done for many years now. And that matters.

The difference between what previous generations thought a republic might be and where we are now. A government of investigation and inquiry; of the replacement of tradition by the products of reason.

Is it?

I don't know, young lady. My father and uncle might have guessed. Tolun Fuyuan maybe.

Really, I don't know where to go from here. I don't know what candidates the Tsoghdu will push for next, I don't know who is advising the current leadership. It all seems stuck between guqin and sword. But that is likely just the complaints of an old man.

I think our business here is concluded then. Thank you for your time. Best wishes and fair greetings.

Of course. You as well, Officer.

=====

Meeting note: My first impression is that we may call him back for questioning later, but he did give us a lot to work with. To investigate further (?)

THE WORLD: 1810

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

If nothing else, I love the shape of our blob in the heart of Asia. Truly Tibet stands as one of the pillars holding up the sky

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

I for one would definitely trust the followers of Lasya to tell us who to kill

everybody, hail satan

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

First, which Lasyaists, the ones following behind the mouldering corpse of a perfectly respectable revolutionary, or of the true Creator of Equals?

Second:

quote:

Politics doesn't have so much to do with it for some of these people, it's just their own desire. There is passion moderated by reason, as in that book - 'Daode Qingcao Lun?'

The what?

On Moral Feelings, I think the word is.

:allears: :five:

Also, who are Wu allied to? We must reeducate them as to which way water runs, and what happens when they stand athwart (our) progress.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Wait, is that uncolonized land in the middle of Caranantia?

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"

idhrendur posted:

Wait, is that uncolonized land in the middle of Caranantia?

Yes, stretching between Oberpfalz and Tirol.

habeasdorkus posted:

Also, who are Wu allied to? We must reeducate them as to which way water runs, and what happens when they stand athwart (our) progress.

Punjab and Miao.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Here's to the next hundred years being mostly peaceful. Let's see if we can pull off the same trick as Europe did and avoid a Great Power Conflict for another century.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Fivemarks posted:

Here's to the next hundred years being mostly peaceful. Let's see if we can pull off the same trick as Europe did and avoid a Great Power Conflict for another century.

Didn't you notice how many cores we have sitting out there? We need to get them back or we're gonna have fash out the wazoo come VIcky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

habeasdorkus posted:

Didn't you notice how many cores we have sitting out there? We need to get them back or we're gonna have fash out the wazoo come VIcky.

It'll be fine, it'll be fine! France was fine after losing Alsace/Lorraine, and didn't create a new word from how angry they were over it.