Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Stereotype posted:

i was over a thousand posts behind on this thread.

it's pumpkin time till nov 7th if anyone was curious about ccp events

Omega 15% off and discounts on plex is the store thing, and 15 days of login rewards.

Got me a year for £85

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

learnincurve posted:

Omega 15% off and discounts on plex is the store thing, and 15 days of login rewards.

Got me a year for £85

yeah i summarized it

[GEWNS] KoaTheCat — Today at 2:17 AM
@everyone BOO!! 🎃 It is fall and so ccp is doing a pumpkin and skeleton themed event. it should be bird themed but whatever
https://www.eveonline.com/news/view/patch-notes-version-19-09
i figure people aren't paying attention to these things and it is assuredly a new, temporary, way to make a disproportionate amount of isk. it is also possible that there is some weird mechanic that we can exploit, for example the winter event last year was entirely broken as to how worthwhile it was.
anyway i love you guys hope you are all having a fun summer
EVE Online
Patch Notes - Version 19.09 | EVE Online
Patch Notes released on 28 October are now available!

OH!!! theres a 90% drop rate
so like we should go kill brave people or whatever
also 150k skill points if you can log in 9/12 days

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Stereotype posted:

i was over a thousand posts behind on this thread.

it's pumpkin time till nov 7th if anyone was curious about ccp events

15% off all Omega is pretty goodish

Guess this is as good of a time to continue subscribing to Skill Queue Online as any

Stereotype posted:

also 150k skill points if you can log in 9/12 days

actually 235,000 SP for omega accounts!

BIgDevine
Sep 24, 2018
My karmafleet app just got rejected 🤣 owell I’m a goon now anyway. No paps for me 🥊

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I was banking on free SP this holiday season so I can harvest my skillfarm one time with the omega/mct deal active.

It's a lot of isk. Gonna buy an aeon and never use that character again.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

BIgDevine posted:

My karmafleet app just got rejected 🤣 owell I’m a goon now anyway. No paps for me 🥊

what the gently caress

BIgDevine
Sep 24, 2018

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

what the gently caress

I applied ages ago, after it was recommended on here, before I was in goonwaffe, they only just rejected it.

Just thought it was funny and would share.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

who let this dipshit into goonwaffe

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

who let this dipshit into goonwaffe

turn on your monitor

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

ded posted:

turn on your monitor

no….no!!!!!!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
GoonWaffe +1 and now I read.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Love to log my dudes in and make up 20% of the active goons in Corp chat lmao.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Which chat? in game? The ancient software knowns as jabber?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Sickening posted:

Which chat? in game? The ancient software knowns as jabber?

What?

BIgDevine
Sep 24, 2018
If pochven makes so much isk for people why have goons not populated the area and cornered some off for them selves

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

BIgDevine posted:

If pochven makes so much isk for people why have goons not populated the area and cornered some off for them selves

:effort:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
I just re-subbed for another year, sucked in by the 15% off sale for Omega. :shepspends:

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

BIgDevine posted:

:nallears:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

i havent even bothered to log in and cancel my corp hangars lol

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I'm just tryna mine Ice. Where da gelidus at?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

BIgDevine posted:

the goons that are out there are getting bullied on the reg by rote, NSH, and PH, and then pubbies in the imperium get mad at me for saying so

also i am going to run Talwar Tuesday this tuesday if anyone wants to try and shoot at enemy space ships

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

the goons that are out there are getting bullied on the reg by rote, NSH, and PH, and then pubbies in the imperium get mad at me for saying so

also i am going to run Talwar Tuesday this tuesday if anyone wants to try and shoot at enemy space ships

That's mostly because the Imperium peeps in Pochven aren't goons and are hyper-turbo-optimized krab fit.

And they're too busy calculating their space-DKP to run fleets that make use of doctrine fits which people already have trained.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i agree, and it's very funny when dorks lose their minds about me breaking the cone of silence about how badly suited the people there are for actually defending the krab grounds

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
With Xenuria's bold and decisive leadership Pochven goons cannot fail

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

i agree, and it's very funny when dorks lose their minds about me breaking the cone of silence about how badly suited the people there are for actually defending the krab grounds

They're so bad. I still think Supertrains or Bhaaltecs would be better suited to running the OFs and also standing up against baddies.

Kesper North posted:

With Xenuria's bold and decisive leadership Pochven goons cannot fail

Oh, he's not in charge of Pochven. He's in charge of one Pochven group, I think, that isn't advertised or openly recruiting.

Kathy Iron, the Pathfinders boss, is allegedly the overall Pochven leader - and they're an asshat!

Goons in Pochven? :frogdunce:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

dragonshardz posted:

They're so bad. I still think Supertrains or Bhaaltecs would be better suited to running the OFs and also standing up against baddies.

Oh, he's not in charge of Pochven. He's in charge of one Pochven group, I think, that isn't advertised or openly recruiting.

Kathy Iron, the Pathfinders boss, is allegedly the overall Pochven leader - and they're an asshat!

Goons in Pochven? :frogdunce:

Why do you think lower dps/alpha focused doctrine ships like the rokh and mega would work for the PvPvE Environment that pochven is, when you only have about 15 BS's on the field? Cruise missile praxis is cheap as borscht and it fucks with it's heavy drone+cruise combo. Plus you're not having to worry about tracking as you position your fleet towards the pylons in the site for when the dread gets blapped. There's a reason the only ships you see running them are Leshaks, marauders, typhoons and praxis. I guess the rattlesnake would work too but yeah. Also I think some guys run high dps command ships and faction BC's as well. Given that, the typhoon and praxis are the lowest SP options and they work good, and the Praxis is a fair bit cheaper, is a lower SP investment, can change damage type, and uses standard doctrine basilisk for logi. My main criticism of their ship choice is not allowing cruise missile IV guys to run with them and them being too risk adverse.

Have you run the sites yourself? Given the above advantages for the Praxis, how would the rokh/baltec be better choices?

Captain Melo
Mar 28, 2014

BIgDevine posted:

Because then we have to deal with the weird gently caress that is xenuria and gently caress you you can't pay me enough for that

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Captain Melo posted:

Because then we have to deal with the weird gently caress that is xenuria and gently caress you you can't pay me enough for that

Just don’t fleet with him?

Captain Melo
Mar 28, 2014

TheWeedNumber posted:

Just don’t fleet with him?

good name, not so good take

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Captain Melo posted:

good name, not so good take

Ok well what do you want me to say? It’s not like he’s gonna be on every last fleet. Make your own no Xenuria’a pvpve fleet if it’s such a big deal.

BIgDevine
Sep 24, 2018

It’s about time! I’m dying to do some fleets with action in, the ones iv been on have not even engaged the enemy due to bad pings. What time Tuesday, be good to do a run with goons, it’s rare I even see many goons on mumble. Maybe a timezone issue tho.

I still think we should take a system in pochven for the isks! but I’m just an f1 drone what do I know.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BIgDevine posted:

It’s about time! I’m dying to do some fleets with action in, the ones iv been on have not even engaged the enemy due to bad pings. What time Tuesday, be good to do a run with goons, it’s rare I even see many goons on mumble. Maybe a timezone issue tho.

I still think we should take a system in pochven for the isks! but I’m just an f1 drone what do I know.

There's plenty of goons on mumble, they're just in Sig/squad/corp channels.

Also we have citadels in there already.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

BIgDevine posted:

One of the systems has a blue structure in it, but pochven is hard to control since anyone from anywhere in the galaxy can filiment into it whenever

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Above: a dork losing their mind.

Also, the word is AVERSE.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

dragonshardz posted:

Above: a dork losing their mind.

Also, the word is AVERSE.

Ah, the ol' resorting to ad hominem attack thing instead of actually engaging with the discussion. Why even bring up your (probably incorrect) opinion if you're not going to defend it? And yeah that was auto-correct doing its cursed thing.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Mederlock posted:

Why do you think lower dps/alpha focused doctrine ships like the rokh and mega would work for the PvPvE Environment that pochven is, when you only have about 15 BS's on the field? Cruise missile praxis is cheap as borscht and it fucks with it's heavy drone+cruise combo. Plus you're not having to worry about tracking as you position your fleet towards the pylons in the site for when the dread gets blapped. There's a reason the only ships you see running them are Leshaks, marauders, typhoons and praxis. I guess the rattlesnake would work too but yeah. Also I think some guys run high dps command ships and faction BC's as well. Given that, the typhoon and praxis are the lowest SP options and they work good, and the Praxis is a fair bit cheaper, is a lower SP investment, can change damage type, and uses standard doctrine basilisk for logi. My main criticism of their ship choice is not allowing cruise missile IV guys to run with them and them being too risk adverse.

Have you run the sites yourself? Given the above advantages for the Praxis, how would the rokh/baltec be better choices?

have you ever had borscht

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TheWeedNumber posted:

have you ever had borscht

Yeah I've had Ukrainian and Polish borscht it's good stuff

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Does this thread have a good pelmeni recipe?

Or dumplings in general. I can't seem to ever get the dough right.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Mederlock posted:

Yeah I've had Ukrainian and Polish borscht it's good stuff

Think next summer I’m gonna go down to Brighton beach and practice the pa russki and have some. Thanks for the recommendation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Does this thread have a good pelmeni recipe?

Or dumplings in general. I can't seem to ever get the dough right.

Wish i had a clue, Pelmeni sounds good as hell