Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
https://twitter.com/trueachievement/status/1452968332194353166?s=21

Two new 360 games, The First Templar and Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader, are showing signs in the Xbox store as being backwards compatible soon.

These games are a little less exciting than games like Gunvalkyrie, but any potential BC news is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jeff Foxworthy about to get that game pass money

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
If we're bringing back 360 game show titles just do the right thing and resurrect 1 vs 100.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Red Warrior posted:

If we're bringing back 360 game show titles just do the right thing and resurrect 1 vs 100.

It's eternally funny to me that the videogame has far more affection than the TV show ever did.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I started playing Marvel's Avengers... Does the game get better than the initial part of the campaign? I got to the part where you're Captain America and I find the control super clunky. Running around collecting the comics in the beginning felt like I can't aim the kid at anything properly. I also had a lot of issues aiming while flying at Iron Man.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Here's a code for 2 months of Game Pass Ultimate that I can't use because gently caress consumers apparently:

23GKD-7JQ9Q-V647M-W9DM7-2TDJZ

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

otter posted:

I started playing Marvel's Avengers... Does the game get better than the initial part of the campaign? I got to the part where you're Captain America and I find the control super clunky. Running around collecting the comics in the beginning felt like I can't aim the kid at anything properly. I also had a lot of issues aiming while flying at Iron Man.

My answer would be...ehhhhhhhh. The controls aren't quite as clunky as they feel in the first few hours once you get used to them, but some heroes just don't feel good to control (Iron Man especially) while others I slowly got the hang of, and started to actually enjoy the gameplay. (Thor is genuinely fun.)

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Moonglow Bay is sweet and fun and just grindy enough to ensure I play basically nothing else for the next few weeks

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Toaster Beef posted:

Moonglow Bay is sweet and fun and just grindy enough to ensure I play basically nothing else for the next few weeks

Only about 45 min in but yeah it seems pretty good. My only issue so far is the perspective is weird in town so I’m having a hard time knowing where everything is without constantly looking at the map.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Another reminder to play The Forgotten City! It's out on Game Pass now! Console and PC!

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1453513264722112519?s=21

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Disney+ now works in Japan on Xbox, Suica my Pasmo, Docomo

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Fatal Frame say's it's still to early. Said the drop time was 7. It's now almost 8:45. What is up? And yes it adjusts for time zones.

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.

Zerot posted:

Another reminder to play The Forgotten City! It's out on Game Pass now! Console and PC!

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1453513264722112519?s=21

I just bought it last week. Seems like a cool story and concept.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

tensai posted:

I just bought it last week. Seems like a cool story and concept.

It was a lot better than 12 Minutes, though I'm not sure that's a glowing endorsement.

Definitely had fun with it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hahaha Forbidden City has a VERY Bethesda-esque crash-zoom into people’s faces during conversations, was that in the mod?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its part of gamebryo so yeah

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The first ten minutes were so like the latest Amnesia game that I was getting mega spooked

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is the good life on gamepass yet? It frickin pwns. I recommend it if so. Stealth Deadly premonition 3

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Is the good life on gamepass yet? It frickin pwns. I recommend it if so. Stealth Deadly premonition 3

Yes.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Hahaha Forbidden City has a VERY Bethesda-esque crash-zoom into people’s faces during conversations, was that in the mod?

I'm liking it but I don't know how to heal and it's tough to google it due to spoilers. :(

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Got my Xbox back to normal but instead of re downloading everything, unless it was a BC game I've been playing it via XCloud. Had to use a walkthrough to get past a bug, but sable is still really fantastic and its first "dungeon" already shows the devs got what made botw special.

Just finished playing some Halo 5 multi, almost no loading to get in and out, plus no input lag, at least not perceptible enough to affect my gameplay. Just gonna use xcloud until it's detrimental.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

With Sable, usually just closing and restarting it fixes its issues.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Barudak posted:

With Sable, usually just closing and restarting it fixes its issues.

It didn't for me. It saved it to my game, just had to continue on.

Also the good life legit won't start on xcloud currently lol

Barudak
May 7, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

drat, that sucks.

I love Sable

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

I'm liking it but I don't know how to heal and it's tough to google it due to spoilers. :(

It's been a month since I've played it, but I don't remember healing. What part are you struggling with?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

bushisms.txt posted:

Truly a worthy sequel to Deadly Premonition.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

I think you regenerate health over time, if I remember right.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
November Games with Gold

Moving Out ($24.99 ERP): Available November 1 to 30
Kingdom Two Crowns ($19.99 ERP): Available November 16 to December 15
Rocket Knight ($14.99 ERP): Available November 1 to 15
Lego Batman 2 DC Super Heroes ($19.99 ERP): Available November 16 to 30

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I had fun playing Moving Out with my 10 year old niece when it was on Game Pass. She’ll be happy to see it’s back.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

The Diddler posted:

It's been a month since I've played it, but I don't remember healing. What part are you struggling with?

I feel off a cliff and now everything is yellow. Welp.

Zerot posted:

I think you regenerate health over time, if I remember right.

Ah, maybe I'll just try waiting it out. Thanks!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Yowza this is a good week for game pass subscribers

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

John F Bennett posted:

Yowza this is a good week for game pass subscribers

I haven't even gotten to Backbone yet, I hope it's good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

1glitch0 posted:

I haven't even gotten to Backbone yet, I hope it's good.

Sadly it starts super promising but the ending third takes a very unearned turn and the game goes to the poo poo
i ended my 6ish hour run through wishing i had stopped after the first case to avoid the disappointment

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Forgotten City is really cool

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Real hurthling! posted:

Sadly it starts super promising but the ending third takes a very unearned turn and the game goes to the poo poo
i ended my 6ish hour run through wishing i had stopped after the first case to avoid the disappointment

Well poo poo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Maybe you will like it. Idk. Just be prepared for it to drop the hard noir genre and get stupid out of nowhere

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Forgotten City is really cool

I downloaded this and Visage. Forgotten City is great. Visage is a very slow lightswitch flicking simulator.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Anyone else grab Riders Republic yet? I’m still trying to dial my preferred control scheme as they start you off using the face buttons for rotation and it’s the least intuitive way I’ve pretended to ride a snowboard.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Do you like Dungeon Crawler RPGs? If so Undernauts is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Im going to move my Series X to a monitor so I can free up my TV. I have two in my home, LG 27uk600 and a Dell S2721DGF. From what I understand the first allows for 4K HDR and the second 1440 120hz. Which would you guys recommend for the X?