Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah Sayu can replace Sucrose in basically any team comp and gives a ton of overworld convenience for doing it. Being a claymore means she can mine, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sayu is fun, I use her in one of my overworld teams for the speed boost and rolling. Her healing is not particularly good unless you build around it, and C1 feels pretty necessary so that your burst doesnt keep focusing on mobs while you have party members that need topping off. I wouldn't mind getting her to C6 eventually. Just dont expect her to fill any party in the abyss since I already have jean.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and also if you do get constellations on her you can do dps sayu which is the stupidest thing in the game

not good stupid, just stupid

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Not sure if I want to roll on Hu Tao or wait for Eula to come back and try to C6 her . . .

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
If you are an artifact route farmer you need sayu, c0 is fine. For combat C1 is really nice. Beyond C1 only C6 really matters.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shere posted:

I was trying for Kokomi and the game gave me Diluc. At the same time I got the R5 fish claymore from the event with bonus burst damage.

I stacked burst/pyro artifacts on him and have been using him to blow up rooms ever since.

For anyone curious, I'm AR43 and the current event has enemies between 69-73 and none of it has come even remotely close to being a problem for me. I just pick all of the charms that give me damage and delete everything. Using Rosaria/Noelle/Diluc/Fischl.

Thanks for the scaling confirmation - at AR57 the enemy levels are something like 88 - 90

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm Rank 50 with a bunch banked up and I haven't seen a reason to increase my world level above 6 yet

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

BabyRyoga posted:

How are Sayu and Diona (And Thoma) at c0? Might drop a few 10 pulls to try and pick up 1 or 2 of em, since I don't have any.

Also need a sac sword, though.

IMO, sayu is best used as a utility or if you're a new player and don't have sucrose yet to apply the VV debuff. Her greatest strengths come with her at C0 level 1.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

If you are an artifact route farmer you need sayu, c0 is fine. For combat C1 is really nice. Beyond C1 only C6 really matters.

I've done the artifact route almost every day from the past 5 months, at least. Need m'Sayu.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

jokes posted:

Is Geo traveler the only source of a placable thing you can climb on (or act as a weight)?I generally keep Traveler as Geo in the Geo area because of that, but actually using it in combat is extremely frustrating (outside of the burst which rules).

I wish I could just easily detonate the Geo globes somehow for aoe damage, then it’d be a lot better

Zhongli's thing is climbable and Albedo's is an elevator.

For weights, nearly every summoned object works. All the climable geo things plus Ning's screen, Amber's bunny, Guoba, and Oz for some reason even though he literally flies. Probably Mona/Kokomi/Ganyu too but I don't own any of those.

dogsicle posted:

Zhongli's pillar isn't really a thing you aim/control but has the same issues as GMC rocks, only saved by being a smaller thing so you/enemies are less likely to get stuck to it

Also, unlike Geo MC's rock, it isn't a nuke skill that wants you to drop it directly on top of enemies to do damage, so it's way easier to put it off to the side where it won't get in your way. And you only resummon it 1/5th as often.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 29, 2021

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

x1o posted:

Turns out when I suck at combat, all I need to do is slap some 4* artifacts on Noelle, give her my best claymore, stick her in my party and SPIN TO WIN

Noelle has been my carry from day 1

Shields
Heals
Hits
Miner
Lumberjack

All in a single package, amazingly convenient and easy to play

The only downside is I hate that "sunny work" line

Boat Stuck fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Oct 29, 2021

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
About hu tao C1, in her most popular comps it's not a spreadsheet damage increase as you have enough stamina to do as many CA's as she can in her E window and if you factor XQ E cooldown you get all the stamina back in the next round if you never dash/dodge. This is sometimes the case when you are fighting big slow enemies like ruin guards or bosses and have a big shield to protect her supports especially. But most often than not you will be dashing/dodging to reposition yourself.

If dash while she is active it will cost you at least 1 extra CA and if you do so as a support it will cost you 2+ as you are stopping stamina regen.

There will be times where her C1 would not add any extra damage but in the content where she is at her worst, spread out ranged mobs, it can almost double it. She is still very good without it but her c1 is one of the strongest in the game, if not the strongest.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
AFAIK dash-canceling her CA is slightly higher DPS than jump canceling, but it costs too much stamina for C0 Hu Tao to do it without running dry halfway.
So C0 can jump-cancel all her charge attacks for pretty good damage but C1 hu tao unlocks the ability to dash-cancel them instead for better DPS.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

AFAIK dash-canceling her CA is slightly higher DPS than jump canceling, but it costs too much stamina for C0 Hu Tao to do it without running dry halfway.
So C0 can jump-cancel all her charge attacks for pretty good damage but C1 hu tao unlocks the ability to dash-cancel them instead for better DPS.

You don't want to be attacking faster that XQ ult icd or you will get like half the vapes she does normally.

edit: but CA dash cancel does feel incredibly smooth on her. And much easier to do

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I've done the artifact route almost every day from the past 5 months, at least. Need m'Sayu.

What is the point of doing an artifact route? I've basically just been saccing my 4s to power up 5s worth keeping, and recycling 5s at the craft bench for a chance at better Noblise set pieces. I've never ran out of fodder 4s to power up stuff, as I get trash 4s way faster than 5s worth powering.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

BabyRyoga posted:

What is the point of doing an artifact route? I've basically just been saccing my 4s to power up 5s worth keeping, and recycling 5s at the craft bench for a chance at better Noblise set pieces. I've never ran out of fodder 4s to power up stuff, as I get trash 4s way faster than 5s worth powering.

It's something to do that doesn't require Resin and gives you a small benefit. One day's artifact run gets a 5* artifact to rank 4 so you can at least see what the stats will be and if you do them daily to bank 1-2* artifacts it'll add up when leveling them up.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It'll do more than that, it should take 3 or 4 artifacts to level 4. You get 50k to 60k out of an artifact route that's not perfectly minmaxed, with ~70k as an average ceiling for fully routing kannezuka without teleporting.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 29, 2021

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Yeah I should say I haven't done an artifact run since Inazuma came out and I know it has a ton of artifact farming spots too so by now it's way more than just one artifact you can level up to see all the stats.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Boat Stuck posted:

Noelle has been my carry from day 1

Shields
Heals
Hits
Miner
Lumberjack

All in a single package, amazingly convenient and easy to play

The only downside is I hate that "sunny work" line

My Noelle's only C4 so she's worthless probably

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

For weights, nearly every summoned object works. All the climable geo things plus Ning's screen, Amber's bunny, Guoba, and Oz for some reason even though he literally flies. Probably Mona/Kokomi/Ganyu too but I don't own any of those.
I've never been able to get Guoba or Ning's screen to trigger pressure plates. I can confirm that Baron Bunny works, though.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ning's screen does it. I use it to fly up the cliff near pops' tea.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
It's extremely misleading though because the part that has to be on the pressure point is the exact center of the screen which is levitating off the ground and has 0 collision.
Intuitively you'd think the solid pillars at either side would be the heavy parts that can weigh down plates but they actually do nothing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

BabyRyoga posted:

It's something to do when you're out of resin and commissions for the day and you don't wanna do something crazy like start from Stormterror's lair and just kill everything on Teyvat.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I can confirm that mona's skill also triggers the pressure plates, although it's short duration makes it not useful for the ones that have to stay pressed like the wind current ones.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

They should add a free 4* that puts stuff down so you don't have to rely on geo traveller for pressure plates if you don't have Albedo or Zhongli

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

RareAcumen posted:

They should add a free 4* that puts stuff down so you don't have to rely on geo traveller for pressure plates if you don't have Albedo or Zhongli

Amber does it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Amber does it as mentioned above, that's why she's the f2p puzzle master. i feel like there are probably some plate puzzles that required GMC due to their ability to cast multiple rocks though.

efb

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Just tested Kokomi's jellyfish and it doesn't trigger pressure plates. Aloy's bombs do though, same with Klee's. Must have to do with whether there's any need to detect collision. Jellyfish is really just an aura that happens to have a dancing animal-thing in the middle.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

Amber does it

dogsicle posted:

Amber does it as mentioned above, that's why she's the f2p puzzle master. i feel like there are probably some plate puzzles that required GMC due to their ability to cast multiple rocks though.

efb

Oh! I completely forgot about that skill, I never thought to use it for those, I just think of her as ranged fire for torches.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

Just tested Kokomi's jellyfish and it doesn't trigger pressure plates. Aloy's bombs do though, same with Klee's. Must have to do with whether there's any need to detect collision. Jellyfish is really just an aura that happens to have a dancing animal-thing in the middle.

also kokomi's jellyfish isnt touching the ground

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Neither do the bombs or Ning's screen or (arguably) Mona's thing :shrug:

Fun fact: Yanfei's charged attacks triggers pressure plates too and for a surprisingly long time. If you chain two together, it activates the wind current near the Stone Gate long enough to ride it up the plateau.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

wouldn't be surprised if they're just re-using code, so the jellyfish is just diona's ult with some different numbers while the bombs are just klee's bombs, which might all just be baron bunny if you go deep enough.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Nyoro posted:

My C2 Noelle performs wonderfully as a healer with a full set of %DEF Maiden's artifacts. If I could get her to C6 like I want she'd be monstrous with Retracing Bolide, but using her as a healer/shielder is still valid short of that.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Nyoro posted:

lol mine's C0

Granted I'm stuck on Abyss level 5 since I don't have enough good characters for 2 teams, such is the life of Welkin-only

But my C0 Noelle is carrying me through lvl 90 artifact domains like a champ

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
If you are beating level 90 domains then you can probably beat abyss floors 1-8 with 2 characters on each side

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Had to use resonance stones to find the last 5 electroculus and every single one is way above the map where you'd never see it. :bravo:

In every way possible, Inazuma is a dick.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Sanctum posted:

Had to use resonance stones to find the last 5 electroculus and every single one is way above the map where you'd never see it. :bravo:

In every way possible, Inazuma is a dick.

What surprised me is that 3 of my final 4 were on islands marked 100% on the map. At least the culus finders are cheap to make :shrug:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Electroculus hunt wasn't as bad as Geoculus. Being limited to a few large islands made for much easier searching than Liyue's vast expanse of mountains, valleys, lakes, rivers, hills, islands and caves.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Plus, there isn't anything major like a stamina bar you're unlocking, it's just a constellation for traveler that no one knows anything about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So no more islands?