Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Hail to the Kingo, baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

kngio

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Kingo the Mountain

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
After some googling it appears he's really named Kingo? lmfao

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Syncopated posted:

After some googling it appears he's really named Kingo? lmfao

Wow. Kingo was his name-o.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Comic Book Movies: RIP Kingo - Goodnight Sweet Princeo.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Kingo of the Bongo.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Dang, Prismo got yoked

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Kingo died today. Or yesterday maybe, I don’t know. I got a review from the critics: “Kingo deceased. Funeral tomorrow. Faithfully yours.” That doesn’t mean anything. Maybe it was yesterday.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Kingo Eternal(s)

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Grendels Dad posted:

Kingo of the Bongo.

Oingo Boingo Koingo

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk
Here lies Kingo. He never bingo'd.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Kingo to the polls.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I love Kumail Nanjiani, I feel like him getting cast as Kingo is simultaneously the best and worst thing that's ever happened to his career.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I love Kumail Nanjiani, I feel like him getting cast as Kingo is simultaneously the best and worst thing that's ever happened to his career.

Him co-starring with Batista taught him all the wrong lessons.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I really thought that The Big Sick was going to be a breakthrough for him moving into writing. And honestly I feel like all the roles he's gotten since that movie he probably would have gotten anyways. It's hard to feel like he got cast in Stuber or Dolittle because the casting director was so impressed with The Big Sick.

I feel like on a personal level he'd probably think his best role was getting to be on The X-Files.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Barry Foster posted:

Dang, Prismo got yoked

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks of him exclusively as Prismo

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks of him exclusively as Prismo

It's unironically a great performance.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

It really makes all of this bittersweet

The Kingo jokes are funny because of the sheer fact of what is going on but there's always the sad clown aspect of 'oh but I liked that actor'

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Didn't Alice Wetterlund say that Nanjiani was even worse than Middleditch on set?

edit - Here it is:

https://twitter.com/alicewetterlund/status/1345616854836891648?s=20

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 29, 2021

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Yep. Don't think she elaborated on it though.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

kingo dahill

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Kingo has died? Somebody has to call... the next of Kingo.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Welcome to the kingo, it gets worse here everyday

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Grendels Dad posted:

Kingo has died? Somebody has to call... the next of Kingo.

... to determine who will be the next Kingo the mountain.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Rest in Power, King(o)

Mr. Apollo posted:

Didn't Alice Wetterlund say that Nanjiani was even worse than Middleditch on set?

edit - Here it is:

https://twitter.com/alicewetterlund/status/1345616854836891648?s=20

I understand people are coy about accusations they make because of a pervasive system built to support badly behaved men, but also this is frustrating as gently caress. Kumail Nanjiani treated her "unprofessionally," and I believe her. But what does that mean? How is he worse to work with than Thomas Middleditch, who's been accused of literal sexual misconduct? The flippant "don't @ me lol" energy behind the claim makes it hard for anyone to engage with it.

Maybe Kumail was treating women specifically badly, in a sexual harassment sense. Or he was kind of a diva in a general "difficult to work with" sense. Or he was really unhappy on a set where he was routinely tokenized and was surly as hell because of it.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Leggo my kingo

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I forget who said it in the CineD Discord, but I read "and Kingo was his name-o" and that made me laugh pretty hard.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xealot posted:

Rest in Power, King(o)

I understand people are coy about accusations they make because of a pervasive system built to support badly behaved men, but also this is frustrating as gently caress. Kumail Nanjiani treated her "unprofessionally," and I believe her. But what does that mean? How is he worse to work with than Thomas Middleditch, who's been accused of literal sexual misconduct? The flippant "don't @ me lol" energy behind the claim makes it hard for anyone to engage with it.

Maybe Kumail was treating women specifically badly, in a sexual harassment sense. Or he was kind of a diva in a general "difficult to work with" sense. Or he was really unhappy on a set where he was routinely tokenized and was surly as hell because of it.

This is why I don't hold any ill will towards the actor as of yet because like

If you have poo poo, share it

Keeping coy about it like this is worse than keeping it to yourself

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Xealot posted:

Kumail couldn't resist the siren call of the babyjirl. It happens to all indians.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

Tankbuster posted:

Kumail couldn't resist the siren call of the babyjirl. It happens to all indians.

He's Pakistani.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

KVeezy3 posted:

He's Pakistani.

Same difference.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

YaketySass posted:

Kingo died today. Or yesterday maybe, I don’t know. I got a review from the critics: “Kingo deceased. Funeral tomorrow. Faithfully yours.” That doesn’t mean anything. Maybe it was yesterday.

lol

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Pray for Kingo

Thundercracker fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 30, 2021

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Tankbuster posted:

This is just one of the worst bits from cumtown and that’s saying something

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

KVeezy3 posted:

Here lies Kingo. He never bingo'd.

the bit from dragonball z where vegeta is dancing and shouting BINGO! but it's KINGO!

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
see Eternals ten times for the ten Eternals. See it once for Ajak and once for Sersi and once for Kingo and once for Druig and once for Sprite and once for Gilgamesh and once for Phastos and once for Thena and once for Ikaris and once for Makkari

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Burkion posted:

This is why I don't hold any ill will towards the actor as of yet because like

If you have poo poo, share it

Keeping coy about it like this is worse than keeping it to yourself

I hold ill will towards all actors as servants of Yaldaboath.

Except Paul Newman.