Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Trabisnikof posted:

got a source on the moratorium including wind farms? That’d be a particular lol because 2 weeks ago they announced a bunch of gulf coast wind leases.

Some bigwig in the webinar responsible for Offshore sales. I dunno, that's what they said, pretty much verbatim, in response to a question about the lack of gulf wind projects in the pipeline. :shrug:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

congress should pass a law that makes scotus decisions merely advisory

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Basic Poster posted:

Does anyone have the gif of the family driving away from a nuke with the dad laughing I there rearview? I have need of it.

https://i.imgur.com/XTWcUxe.mp4

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/10/29/politics/climate-wins-in-bidens-economic-framework/index.html

cnn says we're saved so lock thread and hail biden

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

bagual posted:

1. português não é espanhol

There are Portuguese speakers in South America? When did that happen?

bagual posted:

2. what future travel lmao

Disaster zone tours for the rich.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

quote:

In the end, climate measures made up the largest policy line in Biden's framework. White House officials say it will cut a billion metric tons of US greenhouse gas emissions by 2030. The White House is also confident the legislation will put the US track to meet Biden's Paris Agreement goal: a 50-52% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions below 2005 levels by the end of the decade.
The US is estimated to emit 6.5 billion tons annually, so assuming this works exactly as advertised it's a 15% reduction in emissions from today's levels. To be on track to stop 2C+ by optimistic UN estimations it'd need to be a 50% reduction in emissions. We're, by the word of government propagandists, a third of the way to probably-not-enough. :toot:

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Complications posted:

quote:

In the end, climate measures made up the largest policy line in Biden's framework. White House officials say it will cut a billion metric tons of US greenhouse gas emissions by 2030. The White House is also confident the legislation will put the US track to meet Biden's Paris Agreement goal: a 50-52% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions below 2005 levels by the end of the decade.

The US is estimated to emit 6.5 billion tons annually, so assuming this works exactly as advertised it's a 15% reduction in emissions from today's levels. To be on track to stop 2C+ by optimistic UN estimations it'd need to be a 50% reduction in emissions. We're, by the word of government propagandists, a third of the way to probably-not-enough. :toot:

https://twitter.com/GregStohr/status/1454165425411985412

I dunno fam, feels like the Democrats are lying, actually? :thunk:

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Rime posted:

American government propaganda? Lying? Unprecedented, sir, unprecedented!

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Rime posted:

Careful, or the (loving piece of poo poo coward mods) brave mods from D&D will come and prob you for saying such a ridiculous statement.

Had a good conversation about plastic with my boomer mother (one of the rare good ones.) where we were talking about making a trip to Costco together (same area, and they're the ones with the membership) and talked about getting a vacuum sealer for meat. She looked at me and said, "but what about all that plastic? Don't we have enough?" and I laughed and nodded.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

https://youtu.be/Ec8SJqGd6o0

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Hexigrammus posted:

When the Portuguese colonized a massive portion of South America. Little while ago

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Rime posted:

it's okay, we will just wait till the court tips back to the left.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

bagual posted:

1. português não é espanhol

2. what future travel lmao

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

Hexigrammus posted:

yesterday, had some portugas over for a bbq here at my house and now we all speak it

Hexigrammus posted:

Disaster zone tours for the rich.
too optimistic lol

oh nice tour on the ex giga soy farms turned dustbowl, whos gonna be the tour guide, the pile of toucan bones?

new goon project, send me us dollars at the present ridiculous exchange rate meant to boost exporters profits so i can buy some lands and do literally nothing but let nature heal

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

bagual posted:

yesterday, had some portugas over for a bbq here at my house and now we all speak it

too optimistic lol

oh nice tour on the ex giga soy farms turned dustbowl, whos gonna be the tour guide, the pile of toucan bones?

new goon project, send me us dollars at the present ridiculous exchange rate meant to boost exporters profits so i can buy some lands and do literally nothing but let nature heal

This is the core plot of very cool and good novel Greenwood which released in 2019 and I've mentioned in here before. Rich people tours to the last little chunk of trees anywhere on earth.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
thats the thing, there's not gonna be a single tree left standing

nobody's paying to tour this

it's megadeath over megadeath over megadeath, scorched salted earth tracts bigger than most european countries, undiscovered species extinct before ever being recorded, all for either soy or cattle, the profits of which go to the dumbest loving people alive

sometimes i fantasize about dropping my stupid 9 to 5 life to fight rich rural landowners, but they are meaner than me and have political clout and big guns and get away with murder on the reg

anyway it's friday im logging off and getting drunk :cheers:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

bagual posted:

thats the thing, there's not gonna be a single tree left standing

nobody's paying to tour this

it's megadeath over megadeath over megadeath, scorched salted earth tracts bigger than most european countries, undiscovered species extinct before ever being recorded, all for either soy or cattle, the profits of which go to the dumbest loving people alive

sometimes i fantasize about dropping my stupid 9 to 5 life to fight rich rural landowners, but they are meaner than me and have political clout and big guns and get away with murder on the reg

we don't get to do what we want

our little fighting backs don't amount to much

be content that you know the punchline

lol, lmao

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Lmao

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

what is the L.A.T.T.E. model

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

actionjackson posted:

I think you have to be an Operating Thetan Barista Level IV before you're told *that*.

Cletus Van Damme
May 7, 2008

Wanna buy some cheap starships?

Anybody know what movie this is from?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Cletus Van Damme posted:

Anybody know what movie this is from?

It's not from a movie, it's from a tv slow called Lexx

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

actionjackson posted:

I worked for them for 6 months ten years ago and I can’t loving remember.

Job was okay, costumers treated me worse than anywhere else I’ve worked.

And I’ve been threatened at knife point when I worked as a bouncer.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

it's really cool that we have to simultaneously build like a billion new housing units in the next 5 years but also there absolutely in no way ever too many people on the planet, what are you, an ecofascist???

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

It's better that the guy frames is like other people are at fault,
because it makes people go, "no gently caress you. This is your fault. I loving hate sitting traffic."

Yeah but it's also kind of a useful misdirection that gives politicians an easy scapegoat and lets them avoid actually doing anything

Nobody needed to get mad at fossil fuel dudes. Everybody needed to get mad at politicians so they could set policies to make the fossil fuel companies irrelevant, but lol

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

*proudly Mungerianishly* there will be sufficient dormspace for all the humanflesh. only ecofascists would suggest otherwise

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
my probe is finally over https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkpS2Sdu2io

anyway, here's a song :yeeclaw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kqLVeP7iHA

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SKULL.GIF posted:

it's really cool that we have to simultaneously build like a billion new housing units in the next 5 years but also there absolutely in no way ever too many people on the planet, what are you, an ecofascist???

can't we try to do this with kindness and just repeal seatbelt laws and other buzz-killing regulations

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

we don't get to do what we want

our little fighting backs don't amount to much

lol, lmao

When Watterson drew this comic, there was half as much plastic pollution, and CO2 levels were 17% lower than they are now

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Complications posted:

About 60% of the number they're throwing around is tax credits for buying new electric cars, building new powerplants, and building new houses if they meet higher energy efficiency standards. All of that poo poo would have been nice if they'd started doing it twenty or thirty years ago, but in the short term of ten years it's subsidizing higher carbon intensity.

AaAAAaannanNNNnnd

quote:

Though the framework has been announced and draft legislative text is circulating through Congress, lawmakers have yet to vote. Manchin hasn't explicitly endorsed the framework, and it's unclear when exactly the bill might be passed along with Biden's bipartisan infrastructure bill.

This limp-dicked half measure will be heaved into the trash before it ever suffers the ignominy of a floor vote.

Reverend Zero
Mar 8, 2006

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

Mola Yam posted:

so long suckers! i rev up industrial society and create a huge cloud of smoke. when the cloud dissipates humanity is lying completely dead on the pavement

Please Mola Yam

hurry

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Mola Yam posted:

so long suckers! i rev up industrial society and create a huge cloud of smoke. when the cloud dissipates humanity is lying completely dead on the pavement

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

bagual posted:

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Why are you guys so worried about the Supreme Court? Conservatives are in charge, and those are by definition all about conservation!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Chamale posted:

When Watterson drew this comic, there was half as much plastic pollution, and CO2 levels were 17% lower than they are now

lmao

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
everything is always getting worse. it's going to get so bad guys. lol. lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Chamale posted:

we're just going to drive bigger and bigger trucks over the environment until it breaks

then we'll rebuild it and put up a sign