Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I'm honestly surprised that Mark Madden is still around. He always sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I won't say the name because it's verboten, but the same person who said the Diamante/Swole match 3 strikes match sucked (when it didn't) is saying the same thing about the Britt/Abadon No-DQ match.

"It was saved in editing."

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Davros1 posted:

I won't say the name because it's verboten, but the same person who said the Diamante/Swole match 3 strikes match sucked (when it didn't) is saying the same thing about the Britt/Abadon No-DQ match.

"It was saved in editing."

is this the same person who is saying bobby fish went into business for himself in the punk match

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Seams posted:

is this the same person who is saying bobby fish went into business for himself in the punk match

:dafuq:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Seams posted:

:hai:

When Fish kicked out at 3.1 after Punk slowly crawled his way over to make the pin. *Verboten* thinks Fish was going into business for himself and of course, is accusing Meltzer of not reporting it.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Oct 30, 2021

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

is there a rule that we're not allowed to say trevors name anymore

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alaois posted:

SoDuTw is very powerful and people fear his name. Rightly so.

I didn't think too much of Diamante/Swole but Abadon/Britt was very fun.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alaois posted:

I'm guessing not Trevor Dame because Dame is not a crazy person.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Trevor Dame is the good Trevor

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1454276116365991938?s=20

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm honestly surprised that Mark Madden is still around. He always sucked.

He's a sports talk radio host in Pittsburgh.

If you're in Western PA and follow sports at all he's basically inescapable.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Alaois posted:

He searches his name so it's best not to say it and draw his attention.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Vandar posted:

He searches his name so it's best not to say it and draw his attention.

the gently caress is he gonna do, tweet about it

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Alaois posted:

I don’t think it’s a rule as such, but why make it easy for the next time he name searches himself for things to gripe about

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Leyla Hirsch tweeted about how great Abadon is, and then he starts mansplaining Abadon to her like he had something to do with her success.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The worst thing about Dieno is that when he does other bits in his matches, it's clear that he can be a really funny dude with a great sense of comic timing
Dieno is also a really good mat wrestler and a genuinely funny guy who just leaned way too hard into his gay panic gimmick. I think his best work is as a host of DDT The Night, idk if America has many Japanese style comedians but it'd probably be closest to Penn Jillette

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

So some lovely "news" site refuses to take down a pic of Mox and Renee's child despite many requests to do so

https://twitter.com/TheGreatFowler/status/1454296940045381633?s=20

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Davros1 posted:

:hai:

When Fish kicked out at 3.1 after Punk slowly crawled his way over to make the pin. *Verboten* thinks Fish was going into business for himself and of course, is accusing Meltzer of not reporting it.

I know that isn't the case but do we know what was up with that? Punk seemed confused like it should have been a kickout.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

1glitch0 posted:

I know that isn't the case but do we know what was up with that? Punk seemed confused like it should have been a kickout.

They certainly primed it to be a kickout with the slow cover, just looks like Fish didn't kick out in time

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

1glitch0 posted:

I fantasy book everything as a psychodrama but I think it was intentional, specifically it's building on the idea that Punk has lost a step. He was a sweating mess against Sydal and against Fish he barely won. He's being confronted with the idea that he's aged and he has to come to terms with that and maybe he'll start to take shortcuts to beat these talented young dudes because he needs to stay the Best in the World, rather than actually helping the talent get better.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Here's something from the replies in the Mark Madden tweets:
https://twitter.com/XtremeEffect/status/1454313730666385412

Late stage WCW is the model to follow.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Davros1 posted:

lmfao what a stupid mark

e: punk wasn’t confused that he won, he was shocked and checking with the ref that he actually got 3 because it was so close, I’m tired of this Bobby Fish insanely tight 3.01 kickout erasure

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Oct 30, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't step to champion pig

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

fez_machine posted:

I'm currently doing a series of Bryan and Vinny edits of this era of Nitro, so I'm spending a lot of time with it. It was very bad.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Wrestling isn't real

Mods?!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

fez_machine posted:

It never fails to amuse me how people, from Cornette to Bischoff to Mark Madden to just some randos on Twitter, can look at a successful product like AEW and go "well here's how I would run it!" As though they desperately need the advice of guys who either ended up running their promotions into the ground, got booted out of their job booking a promotion, or who never even ran or booked a promotion in the first place.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
AEW has stories and characters. They just choose to showcase them through matches.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

CobiWann posted:

AEW has stories and characters. They just choose to showcase them through matches.

How the hell am I supposed to know what a wrestler is thinking if they don't come out to the ring and spend 20 plus minutes explaining their actions?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I guess a promotion that has a two hour show that's all Lucha Underground soap opera stuff and pre-tapes leading up to an hour long show that's just matches before a four hour long quarterly pvp could be cool.

But it's such a convoluted way not to have much wrestling on a wrestling show and relies on the famous acting ability of wrestlers.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Davros1 posted:

So some lovely "news" site refuses to take down a pic of Mox and Renee's child despite many requests to do so

https://twitter.com/TheGreatFowler/status/1454296940045381633?s=20

What's the "private site" they even got the photo from?

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

Ganso Bomb posted:

What's the "private site" they even got the photo from?

It was a private Instagram account.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

heel turn posted:

It was a private Instagram account.

Ugh. What a bunch of loving creeps stealing those photos and passing them around. Why does anyone care so much about seeing someone else's baby?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

Ugh. What a bunch of loving creeps stealing those photos and passing them around. Why does anyone care so much about seeing someone else's baby?

It’s more likely that it’s less “we want to see the baby” and more your typical case of “we want to see *whatever* specifically because it seems like the people who control access to *whatever* don’t want us to see it”.

Nobody in recorded human history has ever actually given a single gently caress about seeing pictures of a baby that they weren’t directly related to. Even when they are related it’s not that interesting.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm glad Mark Madden took time out of his busy schedule of yelling at women to talk about wrestling again.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s more likely that it’s less “we want to see the baby” and more your typical case of “we want to see *whatever* specifically because it seems like the people who control access to *whatever* don’t want us to see it”.

Nobody in recorded human history has ever actually given a single gently caress about seeing pictures of a baby that they weren’t directly related to.

have you ever seen a celebrity gossip site or magazine

grown people with cameras collect in violent swarms and assault each other in public to get pictures of famous peoples babies so they can sell the pictures because people want to see celebrity babies. crazy people are claiming jon and renee are faking their baby and the pictures are all of a prop baby and that they don't post them publicly because people would realize it's all a hoax.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

Nobody in recorded human history has ever actually given a single gently caress about seeing pictures of a baby that they weren’t directly related to. Even when they are related it’s not that interesting.

Plus there are people who just target celebs in general too, whether it's because they're an obsessive stalker, or a creepy paparazzi wannabe, or whatever. If you're even moderately famous these days you're going to have some shithead trying to dig up things about you online (and even more so if you're attractive, because they'll also be hoping they can find some spicy nudes).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Also of note, WWE cultivates a real "you can use the doll...if it pleases you" kind of mentality when it comes to fan access.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

coconono posted:

Also of note, WWE cultivates a real "you can use the doll...if it pleases you" kind of mentality when it comes to fan access.

Remember when one of Hulk Hogan's brilliant ideas for how to make Impact an actual rival to WWE, was to tell that company's legion of obsessive fans "record yourself interacting with Impact wrestlers, no matter where they are, and send it in to us"? I can only imagine that got shut down after the lawyers pointed out just how many lawsuits they'd be facing from fans who got beaten up after accosting tired and grumpy wrestlers at airports, groping the Knockouts, etc.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

have you ever seen a celebrity gossip site or magazine

grown people with cameras collect in violent swarms and assault each other in public to get pictures of famous peoples babies so they can sell the pictures because people want to see celebrity babies.

Yeah and the reason they do that because the parents seemingly would rather not show off their babies (or, more likely, would rather get a fat cheque from some rag for the “exclusive” photo shoot and story). They want to be able to say “you didn’t want me to see that, but I SAW IT, so gently caress you!”

It’s the same poo poo, you can replace ‘baby’ with anything someone might not want the general public to see and it still works. The baby thing just seems to be the latest twist on all those mile long zoom lens photos of topless actresses on vacation or upskirts getting out of cars that were everywhere in the late 90s/early 00s.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 30, 2021

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
idk if this is a goon thing but people definitely care about babies. they like celebrity babies. the royal family parades their babies out and people eat that poo poo up. news channels don't talk for days about a baby because nobody cares about a baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

idk if this is a goon thing but people definitely care about babies. they like celebrity babies. the royal family parades their babies out and people eat that poo poo up. news channels don't talk for days about a baby because nobody cares about a baby.

Well yeah I think people know that but it's just that it's insane and disgusting