Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sherry Bahm posted:

Oh, really? Where were you and the X-men when the elephants and Tesla needed you, Cyclops? :allears:

He was lusting after / mercy killing the most dangerous 'phant in the Galaxy of course

From every quarter bin of the early 90's: Power Pachyderms #1

(That's actually an Elektra pastiche who is mind controlled into a vat of radioactive makeup by Clarinetto (Magneto, but plays a Clarinet) and the Cyclops pastiche sneezes the makeup off her to save her). I should delete this, because it's the least funny thing possible to write or see.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sherry Bahm posted:

Oh, really? Where were you and the X-men when the elephants and Tesla needed you, Cyclops? :allears:

X-Men are like the last group you can call out for not showing up. What the gently caress did the Avengers or the F4 do about Genosha?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Skwirl posted:

X-Men are like the last group you can call out for not showing up. What the gently caress did the Avengers or the F4 do about Genosha?

Weren't the Avengers then forced to roster Beast for awhile until he did too many genocides himself?

How many times do you think Beast has just iced a herd of Elephants because he wanted ivory for some experiments?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Kalli posted:

He was lusting after / mercy killing the most dangerous 'phant in the Galaxy of course

From every quarter bin of the early 90's: Power Pachyderms #1

(That's actually an Elektra pastiche who is mind controlled into a vat of radioactive makeup by Clarinetto (Magneto, but plays a Clarinet) and the Cyclops pastiche sneezes the makeup off her to save her). I should delete this, because it's the least funny thing possible to write or see.

She's clarly not Rogue Elephant, she doesn't have the white streak in her hair.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Okay, for those not familiar with Nemesis the Warlock, Torquemada is the crazed, xenophobic leader of a future human empire. Candida is his ex-wife who went insane after (I think) the death of their kids. Nemesis has eased her mental health by posing as a wandering jongleur. Now that she's sane, Torquemada would like to re-marry. However, he is currently married to Sister Sturn...

It was originally in a 2000AD Special back in the early 90's but I found it in the 3rd Volume of The Complete Nemesis the Warlock.

I can't help but read the poor soldier's lines in anything but an over the top BBC Shakespeare voice. Its all a bit bleak, but "give it plenty of tongue" has stuck with me for nearly 30 years and still makes me giggle.

Earthorn
Jul 18, 2012

Skwirl posted:

And krakoa has already successfully genocided at least once, in pursuit of their we-will-not-be-replaced agenda.

How does any of this fit in the funny panels thread?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Assassination Classroom - Chapter 150

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Infinitum posted:

Assassination Classroom - Chapter 150

Those are the most amateur railway bandits I've ever seen.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Superman #19 (1942)

The Defenders #51 (1977)

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017

AND?!?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Not very funny but he says he uses controlled breathing and the air in the empty can to wait until the death trap drained its water

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Then he drained several more.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Push El Burrito posted:

Then he drained several more.

I too have done this maneuver before.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

It's not exactly a "funny panel" per se, but in the midst of all the heavy dramatic poo poo in Inferno #2 weird pouty crosseyed Kitty Pryde really sticks out

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's been a while since I've read the old Claremont stuff the last time Destiny was alive, is there a reason Kitty hates her specifically? Or is it just Kate going with Xavier over Mystique?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Skwirl posted:

It's been a while since I've read the old Claremont stuff the last time Destiny was alive, is there a reason Kitty hates her specifically? Or is it just Kate going with Xavier over Mystique?

Didn’t Destiny do the assassination that would have lead to the Days of Future Past?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

thetoughestbean posted:

Didn’t Destiny do the assassination that would have lead to the Days of Future Past?

Maybe Mystique did it? I can't imagine Destiny doing it given what her powers are. Again it's been a while since I've read the relevant comics.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Skwirl posted:

Maybe Mystique did it? I can't imagine Destiny doing it given what her powers are. Again it's been a while since I've read the relevant comics.

The Brotherhood attacks (which Destiny is part of), but yeah it's Mystique who sneaks in to do the actual shot I'm pretty sure.

They weren't uh, subtle though

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Kalli posted:

The Brotherhood attacks (which Destiny is part of), but yeah it's Mystique who sneaks in to do the actual shot I'm pretty sure.

Days of Future Past Destiny was loving bad at her job. Like 616 Moira should know this and realize she's bad at what she does. I think it's specifically she just hates Destiny.

They might be lying because they lied in X of Swords promos, but I'm looking forward to Blindfold coming back and Legion also being around and then I just thought of Blindfold and Destiny interacting and realizing Blindfold is literally a second blind precog and I've never thought about that before.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Oct 30, 2021

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Skwirl posted:

Days of Future Past Destiny was loving bad at her job.

As I recall they end up getting arrested (minus Mystique), then Rogue steals Carol's powers, those two try to break them out of prison, but only manage to get Destiny out.

Then they fought Rom the Spaceknight and that convinced Rogue to go join the X-men which pissed Mystique off enough to break everyone out of prison and go work for the government as Freedom Force.

So maybe she was just thinking really far ahead on how to get a decent pension.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Kalli posted:

As I recall they end up getting arrested (minus Mystique), then Rogue steals Carol's powers, those two try to break them out of prison, but only manage to get Destiny out.

Then they fought Rom the Spaceknight and that convinced Rogue to go join the X-men which pissed Mystique off enough to break everyone out of prison and go work for the government as Freedom Force.

So maybe she was just thinking really far ahead on how to get a decent pension.

Destiny can't see into other universes, so she went along with a plan that has mutant concentration camps as it's direct result

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Kalli posted:

i'm glad they shrunk down destiny's egghead helmet for inferno

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

i'm glad they shrunk down destiny's egghead helmet for inferno

Having only ever seen old drawings of her I was shocked when she had a normal shaped head in Inferno. Like, I thought behind the mask/helmet she just had a huge noggin.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"For we all know what the first cro-magnon did to the last neanderthal!"

I'm pretty sure the current consensus is "sweet sweet love" for that one.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

TwoPair posted:

Having only ever seen old drawings of her I was shocked when she had a normal shaped head in Inferno. Like, I thought behind the mask/helmet she just had a huge noggin.

tbh when i first saw her in inferno 1 i thought the whole costume was bad but now that I've seen that old panel I'll at least accept one that is less bad

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Bruceski posted:

"For we all know what the first cro-magnon did to the last neanderthal!"

I'm pretty sure the current consensus is "sweet sweet love" for that one.
I thought it was "Nothing, because they were both in existence together for a substantial period of time and therefore the first cro-magnon died of old age or whatever well before the last neanderthal was born"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zereth posted:

I thought it was "Nothing, because they were both in existence together for a substantial period of time and therefore the first cro-magnon died of old age or whatever well before the last neanderthal was born"

Well yeah, that too.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Zereth posted:

Sounds like someone didn't read Anthro.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Kalli posted:

Nah it was Destiny, because Future Kate (in 13 year old Kitty's body) phases through her and disrupts her precognition by being from the future.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

just gotta kiss my vulnerable young self. so innocent, so untouched. and i'm in her and she's me.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ghostlight posted:

just gotta kiss my vulnerable young self. so innocent, so untouched. and i'm in her and she's me.
as long as you make deadline mr byrne.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

I assume it's not a kiss on the mouth but like a matronly kiss like your mother would do.

Ghostlight posted:

as long as you make deadline mr byrne.

Byrne has a lot of problems but that was almost certainly written by Claremont.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Source: Mighty Marvel Holiday Special: Halloween with the Rhino Infinity Comic

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Superboy #82 (1960)

Strange Tales #111 (1963)

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Skwirl posted:

I assume it's not a kiss on the mouth but like a matronly kiss like your mother would do.

(We Can Fix It)

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

The scary future punk empress having a collar that says 'scamp' on it is killing me in this one. It's so innocuous.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Batman Wayne Family Adventures is a good comic

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

TwoPair posted:

Batman Wayne Family Adventures is a good comic

Batman: Slice of Life is exactly what I want

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Superman: A Tale of Five Cities (1990)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Happy Halloween, trick or text!

All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, A-Z Update (2007)

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, Book of the Dead 2004 (2004)

The Sensational She-Hulk #26 (1991)

Strange Tales #112 (1963)

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, Golden Age 2004 (2004)

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, Horror 2005 (2005)

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe, Hulk 2004 (2004)