Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

Normal people: Wow this card is so cute

Goons: This card where two women, who are described as partners, stare lovingly into eachothers eyes is not gay enough.

Why do straight people get like this lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I honestly couldn’t care less about gender or sexual orientation of my magic cards

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I won’t be satisfied until there’s a uhaul truck in the background and halana’s hair looks like she cut it herself.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

I really love that design

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Oh cool, it itself is a clue. That’s a cute design.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
What is the most explicitly hetero relationship in the game? I guess we have a wedding in this set, but other than that?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Huxley posted:

What is the most explicitly hetero relationship in the game? I guess we have a wedding in this set, but other than that?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Huxley posted:

Jace and Vraska were cononically an item for like 6 sets.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

there's lots of non-sexual reasons that a man and a woman could both be pensively staring at the same thing

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

little munchkin posted:

there's lots of non-sexual reasons that a man and a woman could both be pensively staring at the same thing

they're just friends, but the thing they're staring at is a heterosexual wedding

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

little munchkin posted:

Short of an erupting volcano for the bottom card, I don't think that is true.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Huxley posted:

There are lots of married couples with children and some of them appear together on their cards.
The ones from Theros don't count tho, because they are all bi by modern standards.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Huxley posted:

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Koirhor posted:

I honestly couldn’t care less about gender or sexual orientation of my magic cards

hey just wanted to say that having queer representation matters even though lots of cisgender/heterosexual people don't think so. being visible and normal is important.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

That’s Teferi’s mom and his sister. He reversed time to visit them when they were young.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Ah ok there’s your thing to sac to Geralf.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/daihyo_jp/status/1454463104620892166

Swallowing Tide

2UU

Sorcery

Each player chooses one nonland permanent he or she controls, then returns all other nonland permanents to their owner's hand. Then you draw a card for each opponent who has more cards in their hand than you.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

TotalHell posted:

That’s Teferi’s mom and his sister. He reversed time to visit them when they were young.

I cant tell if this is a joke or not lol

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

I cant tell if this is a joke or not lol

The joke is deliberately, ridiculously misinterpreting obvious straight relationships the way that people do to gay ones.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Oh when did Niambi have a kid?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So anyways nice to see exploit making a comeback seeing some nice pickups for pauper cube

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Huxley posted:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Huxley posted:

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

Oh when did Niambi have a kid?

Niambi is his daughter

Subira is his wife

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Niambi is his daughter

:thejoke:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I didn't know who Subira was though so thanks for the info

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Hey hey hey those could both be dudes

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Framboise posted:

Hey hey hey those could both be dudes

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Silver border is not canon!

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

fadam posted:

Silver border is not canon!

mpreg would be in the silver border style guide

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

I’d never noticed how grumpy those monkeys look to see the Uktabi Orangutan swinging by, destroying an artifact, destroying the mood

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Koirhor posted:

It’s time to move on from 2001 and evolve.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

I literally had no idea that card existed and they made the monkeys fuckin a canon thing holy hell

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
It's surreal to remember that "you may not care, but others do" is a tainted phrase in mtg because maro thought "jacetice league" was some sort of vicious mockery of the gatewatch

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Uktabi Kong should be reprinted in black border

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Sickening posted:

It’s time to move on from 2001 and evolve.

Sure I get that but people are also putting alot of projection of their hopes and dreams onto cardboard printed by a lovely company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Someone post a powerful/controversial spoiler stat!!