Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
The derby owned btw; Zaniolo grabbing his dick is the best move Roma made all game. Roma took every chance even if the penalty was pretty suspect. The contact was there but Zaniolo decided to wait til he lost the ball to take a dive. Lazio outplayed them in the first half entirely and it the second half was tasty. Proper derby stuff.

Mourinho also melted down before the post game press conference; apparently telling the reporters to gently caress themselves then leaving before it started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Any recommendations for Serie A fantasy football? I'll play on desktop and I don't care much about rewards.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Doctor Malaver posted:

Any recommendations for Serie A fantasy football? I'll play on desktop and I don't care much about rewards.

I'm sure whatever IFTV is using probably has the most users in English. My m9's and I use the Gazzetta Dello Sport one and it's bad, don't recommend.

So I was gone all day and only managed to watch the extended highlights of the Milan - Atalanta match. Was Messias as bad as taht made him look? Gave away a penalty and let Zapata run him over for the second. He did play a part in the third goal for Milan though, so not all is lost.

Also I love when Leao's stupid tekkers work out.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm sure whatever IFTV is using probably has the most users in English. My m9's and I use the Gazzetta Dello Sport one and it's bad, don't recommend.

So I was gone all day and only managed to watch the extended highlights of the Milan - Atalanta match. Was Messias as bad as taht made him look? Gave away a penalty and let Zapata run him over for the second. He did play a part in the third goal for Milan though, so not all is lost.

Also I love when Leao's stupid tekkers work out.

I watched it all. Messias didn't do much of anything positive. I think the Milan twitter meltdowns about him are overblown, and he was unlucky on the penalty call, but yeah he looked a bit lost.

Tonali however was superb.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

I watched it all. Messias didn't do much of anything positive. I think the Milan twitter meltdowns about him are overblown, and he was unlucky on the penalty call, but yeah he looked a bit lost.

Tonali however was superb.

Every team has at least one bidone on the bench; I don’t think it’s that big of a deal either. I legit thought he was Crotone’s best player last season, and that’s including Simy who was excellent but a bit more one dimensional. Hopefully he gets motivated and it just sits in his rear end collecting a paycheck.

Speaking of Tonali, I am glad that he didn’t get picked for the national side because we need him healthy but at the same time I wonder how the hell Di Marco got in over him.

sur le web
Oct 23, 2020

I wouldn’t write Messias off after that performance, he looked sharp and eager to play when he had the ball (and perhaps too eager when he didn’t). It’ll take some time to learn Milan’s press play, for sure.

as for Tonali the call-up was rescinded after the U21 coach called Mancini to let him know he was needed there, so he’ll still be playing, just not with the grown-ups.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

sur le web posted:

I wouldn’t write Messias off after that performance, he looked sharp and eager to play when he had the ball (and perhaps too eager when he didn’t). It’ll take some time to learn Milan’s press play, for sure.

as for Tonali the call-up was rescinded after the U21 coach called Mancini to let him know he was needed there, so he’ll still be playing, just not with the grown-ups.

Ah that makes sense. I guess for the u21’s the matches are for euro qualifying instead of whatever garbage uefa is doing. I had completely forgotten we were even in this “tournament” still.

sur le web
Oct 23, 2020

edit: oops, cell phone browser doing weird things

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Zlatan is still out
Maignan is having wrist surgery
Calabria hurt himself playing for Italy
Theo has ‘rona (again)

Cool international break.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
Maldini places a call to a small apartment in Istanbul. Fabio Borini answers.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The Saudis have apparently offered the league 200 million for the right to operate the supercoppa, but they want to make it a 4 team tournament.

https://twitter.com/CalcioFinanza/status/1448925689642639361

The league would be insane not to take the money but that's just a bunch of unnecessary games that the clubs will not want to be playing.

TearsOfPirates
Jun 11, 2016

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes! - Idiot of idiots, to trust what is written!
Saelemaekers with an extension till 2026 for AC Milan.

https://twitter.com/acmilan/status/1449081990897078276

Never thought i'd say this, but thank gently caress that happened. Been one of my fav players in the previous season and he deserved the payrise.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ahahahha eat poo poo Veronesi scum

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Orsato special, coming to Juventus' rescue when they need it the most.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

GreatestLurker posted:

Orsato special, coming to Juventus' rescue when they need it the most.

That goal wouldn't have counted anyways upon VAR review, Mkhitaryan passed it to Abraham with his wrist

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

trem_two posted:

That goal wouldn't have counted anyways upon VAR review, Mkhitaryan passed it to Abraham with his wrist

this doesnt fit the narrative, please only talk about juve match fixing and fully ignore refereeing mistakes that benefit other teams.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The biggest refereeing mistake this weekend was giving Verona a penalty when Kalinic stomped on Romagnoli’s foot.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

trem_two posted:

This is completely incorrect as per the new rules.

"Accidental handball that leads to a team-mate scoring a goal or having a goal-scoring opportunity will no longer be considered an offence."
https://www.theifab.com/news/annual-general-meeting-2021/

It also doesn't matter, as Orsato blew the whistle as soon as he could and can't possibly have had the time to register any perceived handball offence whilst also seeing and consequently blowing for the penalty.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Maybe Veretout should have scored the penalty if Roma wanted to get points out of this, just spitballing here. The whole call was bizarre though, I imagine Orsato is going to get an earful at the next refs meeting unless he shares the brown envelope money.

Anyway in more wholesome news here's the Torino bus being loaded with mozzarella from Napoli after the match there: https://twitter.com/ilMenestrelloh/status/1449798141558018057

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
"Accidental" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there, considering the first bullet point in that segment says that handball is when a player "deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball;", and Mkhitaryan certainly moved his arm towards the ball to create the assist that wouldn't have been possible otherwise.

Also nobody is suggesting that Orsato should've spotted and called the handball in real time, the point is that if he'd done the right thing and let play continue the handball would've been spotted in the inevitable VAR review.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Maybe Veretout should have scored the penalty if Roma wanted to get points out of this, just spitballing here. The whole call was bizarre though, I imagine Orsato is going to get an earful at the next refs meeting unless he shares the brown envelope money.

Anyway in more wholesome news here's the Torino bus being loaded with mozzarella from Napoli after the match there: https://twitter.com/ilMenestrelloh/status/1449798141558018057

So, the rules don't matter because Veretout didn't score? You're literally saying what Orsato said to Cristante in the tunnel.
Maybe Muntari should've cannonballed the ball into the net instead of into the ground, letting Buffon grasp it halfway into the goal, but here we are.

Maybe, just maybe referees shouldn't cancel out legitimate goals because they're incompetent or because they can't stand the pressure of Allianz Stadium or whatever the gently caress.

Who cares about an earful? Calvarese handed Champions League football to Juventus and then promptly retired with no consequences. Maybe Orsato will be banned from reffing Roma games - as he was Inter games - then run around and gently caress up more games because he's a clown.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

trem_two posted:

"Accidental" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there, considering the first bullet point in that segment says that handball is when a player "deliberately

Ah yes, good stuff here, except of course 'accidental' is the key point to differentiate between other hand-balls which should be called. Are you seriously suggesting that Mkhtariyan deliberately handled the ball or made himself broader when he had his whole body literally swooped up from underneath him by the goalkeeper? If yes, then you'd never ever see an accidental handball.
If not, then you're talking accidental, which the new rules were specifically put in place to cancel out situations like these.

trem_two posted:

Also nobody is suggesting that Orsato should've spotted and called the handball in real time, the point is that if he'd done the right thing and let play continue the handball would've been spotted in the inevitable VAR review.

No, Orsato not only made the wrong call - according to literal rules of football - he also broke protocol by not letting play continue, thereby robbing Roma of an advantage.
Because you could argue - which you can't, going by the rules - that the penalty would've been given after VAR review, doesn't make the call any less wrong.

GreatestLurker fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 18, 2021

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

https://twitter.com/realDonAgnelli/status/1449851596800671747?s=20

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

GreatestLurker posted:

So, the rules don't matter because Veretout didn't score? You're literally saying what Orsato said to Cristante in the tunnel.
Maybe Muntari should've cannonballed the ball into the net instead of into the ground, letting Buffon grasp it halfway into the goal, but here we are.

Maybe, just maybe referees shouldn't cancel out legitimate goals because they're incompetent or because they can't stand the pressure of Allianz Stadium or whatever the gently caress.

Who cares about an earful? Calvarese handed Champions League football to Juventus and then promptly retired with no consequences. Maybe Orsato will be banned from reffing Roma games - as he was Inter games - then run around and gently caress up more games because he's a clown.

Im not saying the rules don’t matter I was just making a joke about Veretout missing the penalty. I agree with you lol.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I’d actually love to see the list of refs banned from reffing certain teams. I know Milan has a few.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Lazio did a bad thing!

https://twitter.com/Bonetti/status/1451940627789271042

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
popped into bol/mil at halftime and I’d like to apologize for cursing the beautiful rossoneri boys

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
phwoaar, never mind lmao

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

1) after 5 million years of being cursed by Valeri it was about goddamn time we got some questionable calls in our direction
2) Bennacer, Kessie, Tonali, and Bakayoko have to be the best midfield in the league
3) rekt lol

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

how come chiesa hasn't been starting? injured? out of form? just seems werid.

i wish serie a was still on espn+ :(

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

one of the most just and righteous penalties ever awarded to Juventus. The risen Christ was in the VAR booth tonight.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Doctor Teeth posted:

how come chiesa hasn't been starting? injured? out of form? just seems werid.

i wish serie a was still on espn+ :(

Rotation I think. He started against Zenit midweek, and everyone had the same question. It’s not form or ability, it’s Allegri.

Dilkington posted:

one of the most just and righteous penalties ever awarded to Juventus. The risen Christ was in the VAR booth tonight.

Hell it might be the only one in history. We witnessed it tonight.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

If there's anything I've learned from watching this league for too long it's that you have to get your lols in when you can because poo poo changes quickly.

So just a huge loving lol at Juventus.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

Don't worry, Donnarumma is coming in January to fix this (Antonio)

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

pooventus

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I can never tell if Mckennie is good or not. I hope he finds permanent form soon. Is Simeone legit now? I remember hearing of his potential for awhile

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Canepazzo brought up an interesting stat in that Simeone seems to do really well in his first year at a team and then falls off a cliff

quote:

13 goals at Genoa, 14 with us (Fiorentina), 12 with Cagliari, and now 8 (in 8 matches) with Hellas

So who really knows if he’s finally figured it out.

McKennie looked poo poo at the midweek match then scored Juve’s goal; I don’t think he’s at the level he was last year when he was consistently one of their better players. I didn’t watch today’s match so I don’t know how he was aside from the goal.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
McKennie was actually good today, the starting midfield was utter dogshit but once he was subbed on they finally started generating attacking chances. McKennie and Dybala were the only players that gave anything today.

That Rabiot/Arthur/Bentancur setup was pure trash.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
He's Juve quality imo when he's on it's just that he runs hot and cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mourinho lmao

I’m wondering who will be injured for no reason tomorrow but otherwise real pleased. That ref hates Milan so I’m also surprised there wasn’t more than the (totally deserved) red for Theo.