Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

eXXon posted:

Bench Spezza for loving up the power play strategy, you're not supposed to pass to an open guy in the slot like that.

Matthews trying to go to the bumper but a) never selling the shot and b) Willy being on his backhand with a guy right in front of him was hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Well much like yesterday against Florida, the Wings are hanging with a team they have no business hanging with. The last few years they'd give up two and just throw their hands up because there was no way they were getting two of their own. I guess you can call that progress.

e: Shutting down a $45 million PP unit and then getting scored on by Jason Spezza's corpse made me chuckle though

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Oct 31, 2021

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

tinstaach posted:

e: Shutting down a $45 million PP unit and then getting scored on by Jason Spezza's corpse made me chuckle though

That’s actually how the Leafs PP works now, it’s not just the Wings

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Hooray :siren:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Horrible call vs the devils. They are going to lose.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Auston Matthews being extremely lazy in transition strikes again

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
annoying that MAF remembered how to play against the blues so far

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Oh dear Matthews' controller disconnected at the worst possible time, what a shame

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
lol at mrazek just throwing his mask off to get a stop

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Shall I turn on the game or not?
Is 0-9 better than 1-8?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

clean ayers act posted:

lol at mrazek just throwing his mask off to get a stop

All goalies do this. That makes me wonder if goalies wear helmets kind of the way players do, like big skullcaps with a merely suggestive chin strap.

Also nice to see you again Johnny T

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

:siren: finally actually completed a pass on a 2 on 1

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Kasper will never score another goal

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

In the replay the shot did pop off one of the mask straps

Of course goalie masks are unsafe pieces of poo poo so that’s obviously still not great

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Joe Veleno have yourself a day my dude

e: lol and on top of that Reilly gets penalized for Namestnikov getting high-sticked by his teammate

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I would like to see a game where both Marner and Nylander play well

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The Leafs are really adept at chaining together defensive miscues into one honking breakdown.

I do also appreciate Kerfoot's no-look sauce, which now that I think about it, sounds like a health code violation.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Koopa Kid posted:

Think that's illegal

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

Try to visualize them assisting on each other's power play goals, in the same game.

This is a high-level exercise so you might want to start with the basics of envisioning a Leafs power play where the skaters actually move around without the puck.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Jarry got insanely lucky there christ

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

eXXon posted:

a Leafs power play where the skaters actually move around without the puck.

I believe this is also illegal

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Bunting is really filling in that Hyman role of guy who has no idea what to do with the puck besides shovel it at the net or around the boards.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The first Leafs forward that realizes they can kick out higher in the slot when Rielly/Sandin come down the boards with the puck will score 60 goals. Instead they will all continue to stand stationary in the crease surrounded by defenders giving the D no play.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

the blues and hawks game is fun tonight neither team is playing anything close to resembling defense

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Mike Matheson is the dumbest mother loving mother fucker. Let me just a stupid loving pinch on a puck he isn't going to win forcing Sid into a penalty.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Haha well, that’s a way for Marner to score

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

I agree with the penalty shot call too. Sid hacks him down before he gets a reasonable chance to control the puck.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

oh for gently caress's sake

I dunno what the xG looks like for the Leafs but I wouldn't be surprised if it was like 9

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

That's an amazing empty netter. Worst game from the Pens this season by far lol...and the even got quality goaltending!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Man Muzzin just really sucks now huh

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Mrazek deciding to make his life interesting instead of just leaving that puck for his D to eat on the wall sure was a choice

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Folks, the Red Wings are Trying.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

so far the blues have not looked like they were a 5-0-0 team against a tired blackhawks team. maybe they'll turn it on in the 3rd

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

https://twitter.com/wingingitmotown/status/1454623283765301251

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
tuned in to watch some nhl for the first time this year, got the back and forth ending of TOR-DET and now i've got [e: 5 seconds of] overtime in WPG-SJ, i'm happy with this

Arivia fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Oct 31, 2021

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

lol at that NoFrills commercial

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
That should be all the Blues need

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Dear god please just hit McDavid. He's not actually Jesus, it's not a sin.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
jets lost to the barracuda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'm not saying I did it again, but I stopped watching the Lego Starwars with the wife, turned off disney plus and the TV was tuned to the game. ANd would ya look at that guess who scored 30 seconds later. It is fate?
Destiny?
Do I have magical powers?