Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avril Lavigne
May 29, 2006

Without a neutrona wand or Alice frame though and it seems to be only the updated version from the new movie :\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bacon Terrorist posted:

The goo attachment add on for premium plus members is pretty meh.

I feel that "pretty meh" is still overselling it. :v:

It looks like the ghost goo from the old Playmobil sets

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Avril Lavigne posted:

Without a neutrona wand or Alice frame though and it seems to be only the updated version from the new movie :\

Yeah, for $400 I'd prefer one that didn't look like it's been beat to poo poo.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Lol that looks ridiculous.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’m glad the premium add on is not something I’d want!

I’m interested to see the stretch goals however.

EDIT: GBFans has the deets. Lol at one of the stretch goals being the hose.

Stretch Goals:
1) The Classic Bundle (inspired by the 1984 movie)
The first stretch goal will include a connection hose that hooks the HasLab Proton Pack up to the Spengler Neutrona Wand. Custom 1984 decals with a brushed chrome look will also be included for your pre-existing Spengler Neutrona Wand.
-9000 Backers.

2) The Ghostbusters: Afterlife Bundle
The second stretch goal will include 3 Plasma Series Mini-Pufts figures AND 3 alternate, swappable heads, featuring NEW DECO! A white marshmallow goo attachment for the Proton Pack will also be included.
-11,000 Backers.

3) The Spengler Special
The third stretch goal will include a sheet of Ghostbusters-themed decals and an Egon Spengler 16-page notebook that includes schematics, handwritten notes, and personal anecdotes.
-13,000 Backers.

4) The Supernatural Stand
The fourth stretch goal will include an exclusive high-quality display stand.
-15,000 Backers.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Oct 28, 2021

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
That is underwhelming, though I am a dreamer and was hoping for them being a PKE meter, Ecto Goggles, a trap etc which of course why do that when they can just sell us one for more money later.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
In non Hasbro Ghostbusters news...

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

OK they have my money. I hope this isn't the next Anovos because I don't have 20 years to wait.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Why did green slime become something associated with ghostbusters? Was it just the cartoon? Because the only time slime shows up its either clear or red, but it feels like all marketing and stuff has green slime everywhere.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Tom Guycot posted:

Why did green slime become something associated with ghostbusters? Was it just the cartoon? Because the only time slime shows up its either clear or red, but it feels like all marketing and stuff has green slime everywhere.

When Slimer slimes Peter in the first movie it's definitely green. Probably what you're thinking of is that some of the slime is on Peter's suit so the color of the suit comes through and makes it look like a different color. But you can see on the ground that the slime is greenish in color.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Also, y'know... Slimer.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Had a grin from ear to ear watching this match, and loving yelled in the middle of the bar when StayPuft unmasked. So great.

Today I was on the Channel 7 news in South East Michigan with the Detroit Ghostbusters at this guys Halloween display. Guy built a replica firehouse, Dana's apartment, and a StayPuft head and arm coming out of his roof.Really impressive. I'll have to share some pictures later.

On Halloween we're going to be handing out candy and stuff with the mayor of Detroit. So, that should be something.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Basebf555 posted:

When Slimer slimes Peter in the first movie it's definitely green. Probably what you're thinking of is that some of the slime is on Peter's suit so the color of the suit comes through and makes it look like a different color. But you can see on the ground that the slime is greenish in color.

Really? I just watched the 4k release of both films a couple weeks ago which is what got me thinking about it, because it just looks clear on his face and hair, and the only other slime was the clear slime from the library.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Tom Guycot posted:

Really? I just watched the 4k release of both films a couple weeks ago which is what got me thinking about it, because it just looks clear on his face and hair, and the only other slime was the clear slime from the library.

The slime in the library definitely has a bit of a greenish-white look to it. It's like super faded green.

When I was a kid, I always thought that the slime made a snapping noise, specially because at one point, as they're near the card catalog drawers, one of the guys steps on something the exact moment that a strand of slime breaks, and my little kid brain told me that slime is loud and cracks when strands of it breaks.

I also thought the Con Ed worker's name was something like "Onsible", because of the way the dialogue goes in that scene when they all start yelling at each other. I think Peck yells out his final "SHUT IT OFF" just as Peter is reiterating that they won't be held responsible, and it sounded, to me, like "Shut if off, Onsible!"

Again, kid brains. Is Onsible even a name? No! :wtc:

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

I know as a kid I thought Gozer was called Zuul. I think it's a quite common misconception. Maybe because Zuul is said a lot in the film and Gozer only a handful of times. Like when the name Gozer is first introduced it's just in a dialogue scene, whereas the name Zuul comes into the film in a far more memorable fashion.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Your brain may have also been poisoned by the NES game with the ZUUL building.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Karloff posted:

I know as a kid I thought Gozer was called Zuul. I think it's a quite common misconception. Maybe because Zuul is said a lot in the film and Gozer only a handful of times. Like when the name Gozer is first introduced it's just in a dialogue scene, whereas the name Zuul comes into the film in a far more memorable fashion.

As a kid, I thought that the Terror Dogs were Zuul and Gozer. Specifically, Louis was Zuul and Dana was Gozer. I was not the brightest kid.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TL posted:

As a kid, I thought that the Terror Dogs were Zuul and Gozer. Specifically, Louis was Zuul and Dana was Gozer. I was not the brightest kid.

Yeah. Like me, you probably heard Moranis saying "Vince" Clortho and thought Vince Clortho couldn't be the name of a dog.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I always loved the fact that a terror dog had a first and last name.

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah. Like me, you probably heard Moranis saying "Vince" Clortho and thought Vince Clortho couldn't be the name of a dog.

I didn't understand it either, when I was a kid. :hfive:

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

Tom Guycot posted:

The slime on the carpet is dark green in this shot, the lighter slime colour looks more like the TRG slime.

https://imgur.com/a/kT46hOp

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Didn't all you guys ever check out the movie novelisation from your primary school library to clear up all these misconceptions?

~Coxy fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Oct 31, 2021

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

~Coxy posted:

Didn't all you guys ever check out the movie novelisation from your primary school library to clear up all these misconceptions?

I still have my copy!

Published in the UK, looks like they had the logo flipped in all their cinema posters as well

Garvey
Jul 19, 2010
Saw afterlife today, greatly enjoyed it! Felt like a real love letter to the original, spoilers below.

Thought that the original cameos were well done, could have easily gone too far with them but erred on the side of not over doing it. Same with ghost Egon, could have been tasteless but I felt it was handled as well as it could be. very surprised that not only was the 2008 game not referenced but GB2 too!

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

But what about Casper, is that in continuity?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

~Coxy posted:

Never read it. Took Ghostbusters II's novelization to summer camp, though. No lie.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
This is interesting, Ray…

“The hose that will be included with the Class 1 unlock at 9k backers WILL have its own connector to replace the battery box in the existing Plasma Series Spengler wand. The power from the pack WILL now power your wand! More info and videos to come to show more fun little details the product dev team at Hasbro are including!”

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

The_Doctor posted:

This is interesting, Ray…

“The hose that will be included with the Class 1 unlock at 9k backers WILL have its own connector to replace the battery box in the existing Plasma Series Spengler wand. The power from the pack WILL now power your wand! More info and videos to come to show more fun little details the product dev team at Hasbro are including!”

Well, I did not expect that. I was just expecting a plastic hose.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Spent the day handing out candy with the Detroit Ghostbusters at a few different community centers in the city. Now I’m at the bar with my proton pack in the seat next to me. Bustin’ makes me feel good.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
Had to tell an adult Buster that the inflatable pack he was wearing.. Was upside down. It's more common than you think!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

SolarFire2 posted:

Had to tell an adult Buster that the inflatable pack he was wearing.. Was upside down. It's more common than you think!

Should have made his rear end look in the trap

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Got permission from the mayor to pull up in front of Spirit of Detroit. Spent the rest of the day at various community centers around the city handing out candy.

Riding in the cars is cool. Wearing the gear and the packs is cool. Seeing the smiles on those kids faces is the coolest.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Halloween was great. Adults far more delighted than kids, especially little kids who have no idea who the Ghostbusters are.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Garvey posted:

Saw afterlife today, greatly enjoyed it! Felt like a real love letter to the original, spoilers below.

Thought that the original cameos were well done, could have easily gone too far with them but erred on the side of not over doing it. Same with ghost Egon, could have been tasteless but I felt it was handled as well as it could be. very surprised that not only was the 2008 game not referenced but GB2 too!

Wait, I get that The game wouldn't be referenced, but did they seriously not make one reference to 2? Did they somehow pretend it didn't exist, or just not reference it?

Garvey
Jul 19, 2010

Wait, I get that The game wouldn't be referenced, but did they seriously not make one reference to 2? Did they somehow pretend it didn't exist, or just not reference it?

Its very much a sequel to GB1. The only hint towards it I spotted was Ray still owning the bookstore. No references to mood slime, toasters, ecto 1a, not even a navy blue uniform. With how reverent the film is towards GB1 and how it treats the props and equipment from it, this was surprising. On the other hand there's nothing I can think of that directly contradicts GB2 so I suppose it's still canon! Of course someone with a keener eye than me might spot something, but as far as I could tell that was it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Garvey posted:

Its very much a sequel to GB1. The only hint towards it I spotted was Ray still owning the bookstore. No references to mood slime, toasters, ecto 1a, not even a navy blue uniform. With how reverent the film is towards GB1 and how it treats the props and equipment from it, this was surprising. On the other hand there's nothing I can think of that directly contradicts GB2 so I suppose it's still canon! Of course someone with a keener eye than me might spot something, but as far as I could tell that was it.

How do the ages match up, regarding Carrie Coon's character?

Basically, when did Egon become a dad? If it was before 1990, that makes GB2 really weird.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Garvey posted:

Adam Savage did a behind the scenes tour of the farm house and Egon still has the toaster from GB2. Of course it’s just a nod, and they don’t have to acknowledge any events they don’t want to, but the set designer/props crew absolutely ensured it was the same toaster.

Garvey
Jul 19, 2010

How do the ages match up, regarding Carrie Coon's character?

Basically, when did Egon become a dad? If it was before 1990, that makes GB2 really weird.

I don't think her age gets mentioned, but the oldest grandchild is stated to be 15. It seems most likely Egon was a dad by GB2, although this movie makes it clear he kept his work and private life entirely separate, I think its in keeping with how he is characterised in Afterlife that his family would never come up during the events of 2.

I'll see it again when it gets a wide release for sure, I'll have to keep an eye out for the toaster!

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I will not click on those bars.

Aaarrrgggghhhh. Why is the movie not out already?

Garvey
Jul 19, 2010

8one6 posted:

Aaarrrgggghhhh. Why is the movie not out already?

Stay strong, its absolutely worth the wait I think.

If you're at all in 2 minds about it, please don't spoil it for yourself, you've waited 32 years, what's a couple more weeks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Time for me to bail from the thread I think , to return when the time is right.

Exciting though, saw the trailer in IMAX yesterday, good stuff.