Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://twitter.com/Jade_Cargill/status/1454253025351118848?s=20

Wrestling is dorky as hell and it's better for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Best possible person to cosplay Mirko

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's incredibly likely that Horikoshi is a wrestling fan, right.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1454430976369590272

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 30, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Todoroki in the ghost costume I assume? Since his left eye is on fire.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

RatHat posted:

Todoroki in the ghost costume I assume? Since his left eye is on fire.

Also due to his shoes, which are cut off in the twitter post

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
And that one side of the pumpkin is dark and the other side isn't.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nice to see nejire again

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
can't wait to see how none of this kills touma

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Chapter: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1010473

SpazmasterX posted:

can't wait to see how none of this kills touma

I'm increasingly reminded of Konan vs Tobi from Naruto

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
These fireworks are very pretty, but they feel incredibly hollow.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Now I can remove the spoiler tags:

Also on pages 12/13 you can see that she's lost her All-Might-like face when she switches her second Rule from herself to the lasers.

It seems clear this isn't going to kill Shigaraki, right? So this should convey to Deku that he's going to have to figure out another way to take down Shigaraki, not through sheer firepower or punchharder or whatever.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Those 3 pages of almost pure text where Shigiraki tried to theory-craft the limits of her quirk were hysterical. :allears:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

togashi be ghost writing mha

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SKULL.GIF posted:

Now I can remove the spoiler tags:

Also on pages 12/13 you can see that she's lost her All-Might-like face when she switches her second Rule from herself to the lasers.

It seems clear this isn't going to kill Shigaraki, right? So this should convey to Deku that he's going to have to figure out another way to take down Shigaraki, not through sheer firepower or punchharder or whatever.

I've assumed that has always been the plan since Deku wants to save Shigaraki.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Listen, I'm going to ignore/forget about panels that tell me exactly what's going to happen in the story so I can get smug satisfaction for "calling it", and you can't stop me.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I think the difference is that before it was an ideological decision because Deku wanted to save him, where now it's looking like that might also be the only practical decision anyway. I don't think it undermines Deku's decision earlier, but it might mean that everyone gets on board with Deku's plan of not killing him now knowing that it's kind of a moot point anyway.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I saw the new movie.

These finales are getting kinda hard to parse. Visually impressive but incoherent at times. The movie only buddy character was fun, though. Good quirk.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Same, but with how insane OFA is Deku could absolutely punch even harder than this.

Also, I'm sure the official translation is more competently done but "I'll pulverize him in ways that are illegal in Japan" is a much better line.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

So glad HxH is off hiatus

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i really dig the panels where stars and stripes has an almost lichtenstein pop art vibe

between this and the opportunity for non-stop star wars references, i think horikoshi must be having an absolute blast with these chapters

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

New Order has the properties of stars and stripes.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i really dig the panels where stars and stripes has an almost lichtenstein pop art vibe

between this and the opportunity for non-stop star wars references, i think horikoshi must be having an absolute blast with these chapters

Making Star Wars references and drawing buff women is Horikoshi's therapy for dealing with the weekly mangaka schedule.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

mabels big day posted:

So glad HxH is off hiatus

I got the joke you were making a few seconds after reading this, but gently caress you for those few seconds of hope. :(

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Prowler posted:

I got the joke you were making a few seconds after reading this, but gently caress you for those few seconds of hope. :(

Same thing.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

christmas boots posted:

I think the difference is that before it was an ideological decision because Deku wanted to save him, where now it's looking like that might also be the only practical decision anyway. I don't think it undermines Deku's decision earlier, but it might mean that everyone gets on board with Deku's plan of not killing him now knowing that it's kind of a moot point anyway.

Right, up until what's about to happen, it was still on the table that Deku has the killviolence as a fallback if he can't successfully do whatever to get through to Tenko. Now it's save or lose.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I'm not so sure about that. We haven't seen Deku using Fa Jin to power up a punch yet. If he manages to land a 100% Smash that's been boosted a few times I find it hard to imagine it wouldn't just explode whatever it hits (and probably Deku's arm too).

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Deku still has one more quirk to unlock too.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Saw World Heroes Mission today, I thought it was really cool. The finale wasn’t as batshit as Two Heroes with Deku giving Bakugo OFA, but it was still balls to the wall 100% OFA effects which was really cool

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Right, up until what's about to happen, it was still on the table that Deku has the killviolence as a fallback if he can't successfully do whatever to get through to Tenko. Now it's save or lose.

I think that you can count on your fingers the number of series where technology is stronger than whatever superpower system they have.

The tactical nuclear strike will fail, but Deku will be able to punch even harder than ever before.

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Now Deku will have to get the True Pacifist ending.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
It's pretty classic superhero storytelling to present the hero with a problem they simply can't solve by punching it. I wouldn't be at all surprised if physically overpowering Shigaraki For One is off the table.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
How is Deku going to get the ultimate PUNCH GOOD/SMASH power and not win by punching all his problems? :colbert: That doesn't seem very Plus Ultra of him.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Deku doesn't even get to punch as hard as All Might, who already couldn't punch hard enough to permanently remove All For One as a problem

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Flesnolk posted:

Deku doesn't even get to punch as hard as All Might, who already couldn't punch hard enough to permanently remove All For One as a problem

Sounds like he has some work to do then :colbert:

I'm also just joking around so don't take me too seriously.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Deku is just going to use his whip ability to give Shiggy the big hug he needs to not be evil.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Clearly Deku needs to take inspiration from Superman's superdickery toward Jimmy Olsen and trick Shiggy to stop being evil. Have him force Shiggy to marry a gorilla, who's actually Spinner in a suit, who is actually a robot Deku got from Mei.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Prowler posted:

Those couple pages really scratched the hxh itch at least

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

amigolupus posted:

Clearly Deku needs to take inspiration from Superman's superdickery toward Jimmy Olsen and trick Shiggy to stop being evil. Have him force Shiggy to marry a gorilla, who's actually Spinner in a suit, who is actually a robot Deku got from Mei.

"Why do you have a robot double of me?"
"I needed something to test my babies on, and it felt rude always dragging you away from the plot, and you haven't copyrighted your likeness yet, so..."

Can't wait for the Mecha-Deku filler episodes in the middle of the war arc

I do hope Spinner gets more time to shine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I'm the only person in the theatre for the movie lol